Was he okay?

was he okay?

He died.

citation?

No he died a few hours later in hospital from massive internal bleeding.

Also - to avoid this...

>Never do less than 5 rep sets
>Always bench in a power rack with safety pipes
>Dont use suicide grip

It always amazes me how scared Veeky Forums is of doing squats and deadlifts, yet they do bench press no worries, meanwhile 99% of the injuries and deaths happen on the bench press (incline included, before you say "b-but I dont do flat!)

benching is a fucking meme lift

>>Always bench in a power rack with safety pipes
No

There is no reason not to.

I have a home gym and lift on my own. The safety pipes in my power rack are 100% required.

>benching is a fucking meme lift
Explain

>not doing dumbbell incline bench for the most aesthetic pec development

Holy fuck
I guess I´ll try the machine chest for a time

>claims flat bench is a meme
>does the meme'est meme lift of all time

Dont worry we all fall for it. Once you have a few more years under your belt you'll realise the best lift is the one you can add the most weight on, especially for the chest, which responds best to heavy loading.

Your still in your early days for now, one day you'll learn, for now enjoy pressing those 80lbs db's on the incline with your bird chest.

>scared of any of the big three

honestly leg press scares me more than anything. even at 1 pl8 I shit myself if my knee locks on accident.

im not reading that nigga

Leg Press gives me lower back pain, Squatting does not.

Funny how that works.

>2 spotters
>dead
is spotting the ultimate lifting meme?
if they aren't already helping you lift the weight, there's no way they're going to be able to react in time to stop it from crushing you

Holy fucking shit his entire body caved in

Fuck

yea he looked like a cartoon
>GA---GULP !!!
LOL

>Once you have a few more years under your belt you'll realise the best lift is the one you can add the most weight on
So incline bench press?

if the spotters had tried to catch a freefalling quarter of a ton it probably would have killed them

So why are they there?
To flex a cep?

he obviously didn't open enough soylent bottles for dat dere grip strength

for when hes still holding it but is struggling to push it up?

Dumbell bench is a vastly superior exercise

Oh I see.
Nice reddit question mark to drive home the obvious.
Definitely worked out well.

Spotters can help put the bar on the pins when the lifter cant lift it off their chest. If youre not gonna be able to push through the sticking point you slowly decens it and balance it on your chest. This guy straight up dropped it.

I believe its 190kg in the webm which is def possible and not that rough to rest on your chest. I just did 3x3 bench session with that weight and no spotters.

It’s not.

Chest responds best to heavy weight, which is why flat barbell is best.

Go do some research on how specific muscles grow. The chest responds best to heavy weight low reps. Fluff and pump training for chest is actually worthless. Fluff and pump training works best for medial delts, biceps, hamstrings, etc, not for chest

>tfw can't squat because both knees are damaged from being a runfag
It's been 8 years since my injury and I'm still on leg press only.

people with joint injuries should do isometrics brah
>that 0% ROM

you are still supposed to prepare in case the bar drops. You place your hands under the bar and wait for it. Guy on the left is not doing his job. That's one reason this guy died. I mean the other reason is he dropped the bar himself.

right guy didn't even get a chance to touch the bar despite his hands being 2cm from it. if he did touch it, then it would have been slightly higher on his side as it fell at an angle

it's impossible to expect spotters to catch a falling bar, i bet you can't find even one example on the internet of spotters catching a falling bar on bench press before it lands on the chest