Anyone ever tried Pea Isolate? Just bought 5kg of it from Bulkpowders for £22...

Anyone ever tried Pea Isolate? Just bought 5kg of it from Bulkpowders for £22. It has the same level of protein in as the whey powder (24g per 30g scoop)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25628520
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>thinly-veiled chink dust
>still eating ching chong powder in 2014+4

And what benefit?

If my calculations were correct you're getting ~181g of protein for £1, which is insanely cheap for the UK

And some people don't like dairy based products i suppose

Pea protein is incomplete, you'll have to supplement it with another plant based protein to get all of your amino acids. Or you could just use whey.

tried it but was unimpressed, rice protein is my go to. tastes super mild and mixes well

t. vegan

never understood why people keep going on about this, like the guy is going to only eat pea protein and nothing else for the rest of his life

Lets say that in your diet without protein you consume 100 grams. Then you supplement that with 50 grams of pea protein. Your body, being able to use the 100 grams in your diet will not be able to use the supplemental protein. That is then broken down into energy.

Pic related is the amono acid profile of a scoop pea and whey(slightly more whey). Please tell me how pea is "incomplete", also you think he is going to eat only pea protein? fuck I hate this retarded fucking mom-science "incomplete proteins".

>didn’t learn about the amino acids that make up cells

It’s like you didn’t even go to primary school you stupid chav

What the fuck are you talking about. If you need the protein your body will use it, if not it will oxidize it no matter if it's whey, pea or the sperm of god.

Ok, you are just a troll.. no one can be this retarded.

Is it protein from actual garden peas? No soy? Is it available flavoured? What are you supposed to do with unflavoured pea powder?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25628520

pea protein is just as effective as whey protein, and anyways, you're a retard if you're not eating any other form of protein than just pea powder, you're supposed to supplement with meats

I do a mix of rice, pea and soy isolates. Good shit, very cheap, great macros.

I am however growing tits and a vagina.

Kek, enjoy your lectins and protease inhibitors user.

Nah, seriously though that's a good price for that many proteins and you should just overdose it somewhat to compensate for the lower bioavailability when compared to whey.

It does have some neat micronutrients in it though, which is a plus.

I've got the liquiflav to put in shakes with it

Just put this togheter to show that worrying about being deficient in essential amino acids is retarded, even on a completely vegan diet.

Pic related is just 700kcal, 62g protein and ALL essential amino acid needs are already met.

>(((tofu)))

I use a vegan protein with pea and rice proteins because many whey proteins contain too much artificial sweeteners and fillers, and ironically enough most whey proteins also contain soy (in the form of soy leucine but still soy).

Vegan protein is clean, organic, non-gmo and non-soy. It helps as a preworkout and post workout. Overall it’s great, and because I’m not a retarded vegan I just mix it with two cups of whole milk to fill in any gaps that there may be but it’s pretty solid on its own.

>user goes to the store and buys pea protein because there was no whey

Low in calories, high in protein, can be made to taste any way you want, is found in and can be cooked to many different textures. Good mireal content too, it's great food.

Fuck off soy shill, tofu is disgusting just eat real food you weak faggot.