/fitlit/

I need some book recommendations

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kWiRMI88cPE
youtube.com/watch?v=HXf8CE1XvlI&ytbChannel=null
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I loved A Brief History of Seven Killings. Got some tasty City of God vibes and would like to read more like it. I just ordered Naked Lunch and The Narrow Road to the Deep North from Amazon.

I've got ABHO7K's on my shelf. My afternoon sorted then

Colder Than Hell

"Infantry Attacks" by Erwin Rommel

Veeky Forums usually recommends Mishima, but I've only read The Temple of the Golden Pavilion by him. I quite liked it so if his other writings are on par with it then he is probably worth checking out.
Odyssey and Illiad of course.
Been getting into Hesse lately. I liked Narcissus and Goldmund more than Steppenwolf or Demian by him. Haven't read Siddhartha yet.
Borges is fucking goat if you want to read some strange shit.

I'm still yet to read that. What makes it so good? I'm currently finishing Malazan and don't exactly know what to pick up after that. Either some of its spin-offs, Second Apocalypse or this.
Also The First Law trilogy is somewhat Veeky Forums if we're talking about fantasy.
>lmao genre fiction

more Veeky Forums than Veeky Forums and want to get into actual literature?
>camus - the stranger
>hemingway - the sun also rises, the old man and the sea
>dostoyevsky - notes from the underground
>tolstoy - master and man, death of ivan ilyich
all very short, all very good

The Stranger has to be one of the weirdest books I have read. Everything seemed so incredibly dull and lifeless, the guy just accepted everything that happened to him.

Good starting list, I started with The Stranger and The Old Man And The Sea.

Any books that aren't so 'I swear I'm masculine I'm reading a book about world war soldiers'
I like books about dragons and shit

>'I swear I'm masculine I'm reading a book about dragons and knights'
I read war books for the philosophy in them

Go away. Capitalism has its problems but this is no answer, a mildly right wing form of the Nordic model under an absolute aristocracy in a socially conservative society is.

Lmao, fuck off commie

The sun also rises bored the shit out of me
I get it has literary merit but Jesus I enjoyed Kerouac much more than that shit and JK is a hack

>Malazan Book of the Fallen
It has dragons along with a bunch of great inspirational characters. It even dabbles in the whole war and philosophy business to some extent. The author is also an anthropologist and it shows.
Somewhat difficult to get into since it is a ten book series, not to mention its several spin-offs, and you must not be triggered by it having its roots in the author's homebrew dnd campaign.

youtube.com/watch?v=kWiRMI88cPE
Here's some Malazan based lifting music

God damn fitlit is so much more pretentious than lit. Y’all are the worst

Red Rising - Pierce Brown

The Bible, all other books are supplementary reading

>Pretentious
This is a thread of people talking about fucking dragons.

Kill yourself.

I’ve been reading the Warlord Chronicles. Pretty good, desu.

I read Bukowski's books

They are funny as fuck, this guy would have certainly posted on Veeky Forums

btw I'm reading "Women" rn

Might not be high brow literature, but the Dune saga is pretty high up on my recommended reading list. Strong themes about personal development, self sacrifice, and striving toward genetic potential.

Also...
See pic related

probably the most pretentious and retarded book in the world

>would have certainly posted on 4chins
Imagine that wasted potential if this place was around then and he just kept on shitposting instead of actually writing.

wow it's almost like that was the fucking point

That's why absurdism is fucking awful

I agree it's pretty bad, still a good entry.

The lone exception.
>muh Dostoyevsky
>muh meditations
>the stranger

Camus has one or two good stories and the stranger is not one of them. I think lit and everyone itt posting pretentious shit just gets off on feeling high and mighty for reading something that is hardly comprehensible that no one else really enjoys. I love books, but I hate sitting down and trying to read a book where I have to focus on every single sentence or lose the idea that the author is trying to convey. Close reading has its time and place but 700 pages of that shit is mind numblingly boring, or even worse they’re recommending shit like The stranger and the sun also rises, which is literally r9k the book. 100+ pages of >I’m so alone no one gets me in this transitional period in history even though every other young person my age feels the same exact way
I realize it’s a gross oversimplification but jfc when someone new to literature asks for a rec, don’t tell them to read something like that

Rommel's book

This is the best Legion book.

did you guys ever read a book in your life or are you just watching some youtube philosophers

karl marx like nietzsche used to be misinterpreted and das kapital its actually an interesting read

Brainlet detected.
Fact is that you don't have time to read more than a few hundred books during your lifetime (unless you're a turbo-NEET), so unless you're reading the classics then you're wasting your time.

bc of u im not sharing a good book bc u gonna think im pretentious hope ur happy fgt

Stormlight Archives
Kaladin is /ourguy/.

>karl marx like nietzsche used to be misinterpreted and das kapital its actually an interesting read
You sound like one of those' real communism has never been tried' fags.

All of these were mandatory readings in high school for me. Pretty useless as a recommendation.

Stormlight Archives are good

> military literature

Is there literally anything more normie-tier? Even sci-fi/fantasy is less trashy.

Good taste. Sanderson's earlier works are all good too, although Stormlight Archives are amazing so far.

Bored the shit out of me, and made me realise how inapplicable it would be for me in daily life.

What are some other good books by Ernst Junger? Loved Storm of steel

Coiling Dragon for free on Wuxiaworld. Ending is a bit rushed though, but the first 15 books are good. Also I Shall Seal The Heavens, havent finished, but good so far.

>not plotting the downfall of capitalists between sets
>unironically defending your masters like good dogs

Never gonna make it

I am happy pussy

t. brainlet

>no science fiction in this thread
Blindsight by Peter Watts is pretty good.
Takeshi Kovacs books by R. K. Morgan are also neat. Ignore the awful Netflix show that just came out.

>Fact is that you don't have time to read more than a few hundred books during your lifetime
Absolutely and patently wrong

>Veeky Forums thread
>posts Sci fi

>sci fi isn't good enough

>be me
>read the Death of Ivan Ilyich
>leave my gf
pew

>Veeky Forums thread

>''/fitlit'' thread
>Faggots post nazi and commie propaganda
/pol/ cucks are the worst

pic related

Fuck all these books, just read classics, Dostoyevsky, Joyce.. Why do you even ask...

I read that, that dude is a psycho.

It was bretty gud tho

>implying Das Kapital is not one of the most influential sociology/economy works since the beginning of times.

Your brainletism is showing.

>implying it influenced anything in a positive way

Sun and Steel by Mishima is great for us. Perhaps confessions of a mask too

It genuinely isn't. No academic takes it seriously.

JBP cocksucker spotted

>For decades, people have been talking about a "crisis" of masculinity. Our leaders have created a world in spite of men, a world that refuses to accept who men are and doesn't care what they want. Our world asks men to change "for the better," but offers men less of value to them than their fathers and grandfathers had.

Succint.

I have never heard JBP mention Joyce

Well, 8 hour workday is a positive thing, i would say.

>No academic takes it seriously.
t. (((Rothbard)))

if you like comedy , stand up , biographys
steve matrtin born standing up , fookin great book

georgr carlins bio audiobook read by his bro sounds just like him !

What the fuck is JBP, just read classics, anybody that reads anything else without having read all the big works is an idiot

Is there anything more /fitlit/ than epic of fucking Gilgamesh?

Some books that I enjoyed:

John Steinbeck - Of Mice and Men (his narrative style is so colourful in this piece)
Ray Bradbury - Fahrenheit 451 (good intro to dystopian novels if 1984 isn't your thing)
Goethe - Faust Pt 1 (didn't like the second part too much)
Hermann Hesse - Steppenwolf (great read for people who are >too intelligent)
Aphorisms of Lichtenberg
William B. Irvine - A guide to the good life: The ancient art of stoic joy (decent intro to stoicism, Aurelius and Seneca are a tough read because you need to know the historical context of their works)

>t. woman

This isn't a book recommendation, but after reading a few of Mishima's books and other works, watch that movie about him. Fucking phenomenal

Yeah, Camus is for whiners.

Oh shit I was just going to post this.

this

One bullet away : The making of a marine officer
- Nathaniel Fick

Gates of Fire
-Steven Pressfield

Generation Kill
-Evan Wright

pick one

I'm becoming more of a Nihilist faggot everyday, is there a book that can help me get through this before I become an hero ?

Read some Cioran

ShareBlue in full force

any particular book first?

his critiques are spot-on
his solutions are some of the most evil shit humanity can possibly conceive
religion was the thing that alleviated the ills of capitalism until he ousted it as the opiate of the masses
he’s a bitter fucking retard who spent his life around kiddie diddling ashkenazis with their heads lodged in their asses

>dostoyevsky - notes from the underground
going to read it tonite

i have a copy with 3 extra novels
>white nights
>the dram of a ridiculous man
> selelcentions from the house of dead

"The trouble with being born" seems to be the one people recommend, do you agree ?

Honsetly, Cioran is actually more depressing than anything else. I don't know if it would be a good idea to read it, friend.

This baby

youtube.com/watch?v=HXf8CE1XvlI&ytbChannel=null

>his solutions are some of the most evil shit humanity can possibly conceive
so the workers assuming control of the means of production is "some of the most evil shit humanity can possibly conceive"? Spoken like a true brainlet

And how the fuck can you say that his critiques are spot on and his solutions are wrong? Saying stuff like this is just retarded

>as the opiate of the masses

He was right.

>he thinks communists supported Hillary

Stoner by John Williams is pretty good, makes you think about what to prioritise in life.

Also more Veeky Forums related is Arnold's autobiography, Total Recall. The guy is the perfect human and his life is insanely interesting.

get some nonfiction in your life

Kek dark eyed cucks gtfo

If you're okay with fantasy, I highly recommend the First Law trilogy. I've never wanted to lift so badly while reading before.

>His fist was the hammer, the floor was the anvil, and the Shanka's head was the metal to be worked.

>kaladin
>not dalinar

um i don't think so sweetie

>not reading Julius Evola

Enjoy the death of modern society due to liberalism

Evola is just insane and barely any of what he writes has any practical use.

The Heroes is the best book by Joe Abercrombie in my opinion. Any of the spin offs really are even better than The First Law trilogy.

Okay