E sports?

This gonna be controversial.
Are there any opinions on esports other than that is not a sport?
I wanted to watch it right now but these soy boy faces where something like a sign that i probably should not watch it.

Other urls found in this thread:

dexerto.com/news/chinese-lol-pro-vasilii-beats-girlfriend-stream-gets-arrested/37660
youtube.com/watch?v=fGFw1IG-pfg&t=47s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What am I looking at here

dexerto.com/news/chinese-lol-pro-vasilii-beats-girlfriend-stream-gets-arrested/37660

watch asian and russian teams ... american teams are full of faggots

It is a sport, just a non-athletic one and nonsensical. Sports in general are nonsensical because they are just games and do not help further society. So technically, it is a sport cause it's just pure entertainment

Anything that isn't contact isn't a sport, it's a game.

This has nothing to do with Veeky Forums or Veeky Forums culture.

>Sports in general are nonsensical

jesus christ, no wonder this board is shit. I hope for your own sake you don't actually lift because you're a fucking joke if you actually believe that while lifting metal up and down religiouly

talk about shit genetics lol

skill based competitive games with no random bullshit are the only ones worth playing. csgo, quake, fighting games, and very little else.

but you have to ask if you're willing to put 10,000 hours into a game in order to compete at the top level. if not, you're not going to make a dime, and you might as well just get a real job.

if you just enjoy watching high level competition, why not? same as any other pass-time.

The majority of Olympic sports are non-contact, including power lifting.

>booming industry that createst thousands of jobs
>doesnt help further society
im not even gonna bother adressing your comment about sports in general but i hope you are aware you are and are going to die as a fucking imbecile

sports are vital to a healthy society. Mussolini understood this.

I also mostly see no diffrence between watching football or watching esports.
But seeing these two faces made me think.
Should i put these soyboys on a pedastel?
And that is what you do when you watch a sport.

they're the best in the world at what they do, soy face or no.

I'd personally say no, just like I would with regards to chess. It's competitive but to me a sport is an activity involving physical exertion.

I think the only reason it was classed as a sport is due to passports and visas for the players

Its about the question if someone who is in fit culture should soend time with this anti fit culture

nothing wrong with esports but lol is a soy tier babby game. find the true path and become a dotachad

Or Pasha

>Are there any opinions on esports other than that is not a sport?
My opinion? THEY ARE FOR PUSSIES.

I'm a road cyclist on a road racing team. I train 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year for this, even if it means riding in the rain, the wind, and the freezing cold. "Zwift" fags think they're "racing" each other, sitting on their stationary trainers in their living rooms, staring at a TV screen, literally playing a video game that involves turning pedals instead of pushing buttons on a controller. THEY ARE FAGGOTS.

who gives a shit what other people watch? I watch pro OW sometimes when i'm bored because it's the only game I play that has a pro scene. Plus you don't see their faces

Its not a sport its a competition just like how chess isnt a sport but rather a competition of the minds.
That being said some games/competitions are far more respectable than others I can respect a chess champion to a high degree on the level of athletes but i still wouldnt consider it a sport much like how i dont think that food eating is a sport but rather a comptetion( and one I dont really respect at that)

isn't fly a jew

>I'm a road cyclist
Get off the road you fucking faggot

Make me, asshole. Will enjoy testifying against you at your trial.

>hit and run is hard

>E-sports
>Soyletes

Yes he is, this is why I never support OG

This pic is so fucking old, have you seen him recently in the last tournament? He has gained weight and seem to lost some muscle mass.

Soyboys must be eradicated from this planet.

Reminder that fighting games are the Esports for alphas as you cannot blame your teammates for you losing

coming from an ex semi-pro, the whole scene is trash outside Europe
and quit playing/watching LoL...

>dotachad

true alphas carry their teammates
what's easier 1v5 or 1v1? you fucking pussy

t. nigger

they are fucking hot desu

n-no homo

youtube.com/watch?v=fGFw1IG-pfg&t=47s

>tfw you'll never be a massive slav who just makes gorillion dollars by playing video games and can spend the rest of your time showing Slav-thots how to lift.

Heaton and Zeus are the only built players. Pasha quit roids and Freakazoid is like 5'3".

>calling others pussy while talking about videogames

they're both autismofests. Most esports are. Only thing more pathetic are fighting game tournaments

lol kid wuts ur league adr

>those gloves
>that lower body
>that bf %
hope no one ever relates those slav genetics to my slav genetics

>pic
What a perfect example of soyboys.

>Veeky Forums
>talking about esports which has nothing to with fitness
It doesn't matter what esports are. They certainly aren't fitness related.
Reported for being off topic.

Respecting chess champions is retarded
It doesn't take much to get good
Just memorization basically

As someone who has actually worked for eSports before, I can tell you it's one of the most unfit things ever.

didn't compete in League, no clue what adr is
my experience with League is
>hey user, come download this dota clone!
>ok, are there any differences?
>you don't lose gold upon death
>you can't deny creeps
>cancel installation/download
>go back to making money in other games

oh christ I was about to start watching and these two soyboys popped up
>is it a sport
just like NASCAR and Poker are sports I guess, this one just doesn't require athleticism or strength, and thus are not Veeky Forums

that said, I usually prefer to watch the SCII streamers and tournaments

oh I thought you meant you were an ex semi-pro on csgo, nevermind

>Veeky Forums - Fitness

you get crushed by Koreans in every game tho

Why would you watch a game you dont play?

makes sense that they have time to get ripped since league takes like 10 hours to master

asians are shit at first-person shooters for some reason, wyte pipo da best still
MOBA's and RTS's are still dominated by Asians

south korea literally wipes the floor at overwatch though.

those are csgo players, lol

Have you seen Dota, Korea has about 7 good players who have never achieved anything, Europe and North America combined are better than China, but China is the strongest single region. A game that requires actual mental capacity as opposed to reflexes and Asians don't dominate

nah I'm merely speaking about CSGO/LoL/Starcraft, I've never ventured into DOTA or OW

Onion-eating alpha males only play Quake

This is unironically the best Starcraft 2 player right now.

Why do you think the event is called the Olympic Games you complete doofus

Someone explain the social dynamics of this image to a brainlet

I played original CS, I have a 7 digit SteamID when I started in Steam Beta, not much of GO though
does this make me an oldfag

this.
Everyone I know irl that enjoyed Quake is a fitizen.
Also:
>Joe Rogan used to spend thousands to afford cable connection and play quake

scarlett is the queen of the north, towering over those tiny south koreans. I remember seeing her shake hands with Maru... Pretty funny how much bigger she is.

The worst part of this abomination is the fact that the purple-haired goblin on the right is his "crush". Dios mio!

What's the most un-Veeky Forums thing you ever witnessed? Stories pls

The game died 7 years ago hahahahaha

the catering. Literally bucketfuls of red-bull, coca-cola, gummy bears, peanut m&ms, candy trail mix. There was an exorbitant amount of junk food at the thing and the teams just fucking plowed through it. Unless I'm mistaken we went through 15 lbs of peanut m&ms a day.

Yeah, 15 fucking 15lbs.

Outside of that the regular catering usually offered a salad option that was barren every time.

At the very least a majority of teams picked up after themselves. The ones that didn't...the memories make me shudder.

Any cringe stories from working with other teams?

I worked on two events in the same building, all of this was pre-Blizzcon. One for Heroes of the Storm (Blizzard's Dota-clone) and one for Overwatch. HotS had like 15 teams and Overwatch had 8-10 I think

Honestly most of the teams were pretty chill, Sweden and Finland in-particular were really nice and actually not too far from Veeky Forums. USA was mostly fatties, but nice.

Now China and Chile on the other hand. This is where shit started getting gross. Chile was mainly just a bunch of ego-streamers. It was no surprise that they got dead-last in the event. I even accidentally shit on them in front of their face when some PA asked me how one of the events went and I just said that "Chile got destroyed, they didn't stand a chance". Turns out the team was literally right behind me at that moment. They weren't happy about it.

Now onto China. This singular event lead me to belive that the Chinese are the most disgusting and lazy people on the planet. Every day their station was littered with half-eaten food, energy drinks toppled over, stains all over the fucking table, garbage piled everywhere, zero attempt to maintain. They also smoked way more than any other team I saw there, it was shocking. All fatties, the lot of them.

The thing that surprised me the most was that at-least half of the players were smokers. Would've figured a bunch of nerds wouldn't be into nicotine but what do I know.

Most of the HotS teams kept to themselves, but a couple of them got very bitchy at the accommodations and would try to "rebel" if you get me. Like one night at closing some girl comes up to me and is like "we spilled our curry, you need to clean it up".

I was just like "bitch I'm not a janitor lol".

but yeah. If you want any more specifics just ask.

Europe is easily the strongest single region, China has fallen off in the past 2.5 years.

any interaction with League players?

what about SCII? I like watching those guys play tourneys

Why do all you pussies cycle in groups when you should only be 2 a breast, it's not the fucking tour de France

I wouldn't know anything about league. Only played it once myself and that was more than enough to get me off it for life.

SC2 wasn't hosted in our building. A friend of mine worked that event the same year though, I'll have to ask him about it.

Powerlifting isn't an Olympic sport dipshit

>NA players
>best in the world

Because Dota doesn't exist in Korea you brainlet

what was the smell like?

The Chinese sound awful. Considering that most of them live in internet cafes I don't expect much from them

it was a very well-ventilated building, so mostly only smelled when

*It only smelled when smokers came back in from a smoke break

fucking autopost

why did they treat you like shit? just their culture, since they're treated like gods?
I supposed they are professionals but damn, that's like when upper caste Pajeet comes to America, they treat everyone like shit

i actually agree with this, though i dont think games are not beneficial or rewarding.

they didn't, most of them were very polite if you read my original post. Some of them were assholes, but I mean the language barrier was a pretty big thing.

I was basically just a tech assist there to help players with any issues they might be having.

this is a game not a sport

>she

They make shit tons of cash doing what they love. That a lot more than Veeky Forums can say

>she

>would've figured a bunch of nerds wouldn't be into nicotine but what do i know
heh

Is pashabiceps still around? If so watch him.

Esport is nice to watch once in a while when it's a small thing, like a street fighter tournament in your local arcade or a small race on a roguelike
Big shit like dota or lol is boring because everything is so serious