What if I told you that rep ranges are a lie? They all result in hypertrophy

What if I told you that rep ranges are a lie? They all result in hypertrophy.

You'd be right and wrong. They result in different types hypertrophy.

I miss rich

Retard, it's a about proportions of strength/hypertrophy,

Yeah let's see how big you get by doing sets of 1 for a year.

>not doing 1rm only every day
Never going to make it

What if I told you that rep ranges are a Truth?
5x5 squat, deadlift and bench
3x12 OHP, LTE, curl, delts
4x8 pendlay row, horizontal pull (pulley machine), vertical pull (lat machine)

Once you'll accept this Truth you'll see the Light

Number of *hard* sets per week correlates with hypertrophy, between minimum effective and maximum recoverable limits. So pick a weight you can do, say, 8 reps at. Do as many sets at that weight as you can, until you drop below, say, 6 reps per set. Record that number, and next workout try to do more. What this does is slowly increase your volume. Once you hit double the sets you started on, you've accumulated a lot of quality work, and you'll probably be able to up the weight a little. Rinse and repeat for big big gains.

this

1RM is the only way to unleash your muscle and strenght potential

i stalled at 160 lbs for a very long and after maxing almost everday im a good 180

this is a meme too
since we're talking about Rich in this thread we should all be familiar with feeder workouts

>there are different types of muscle growth
Let me guess: low reps give you bulky soft muscles and high reps give you lean chiseled muscles?

sound like he fell for the ss meme

No. More like lifting exclusively heavy weight won't equal mass, just like doing high reps won't necessarily make you very strong. High reps is better for aesthetics either way, but getting stronger first is more important. The heavier weight you can lift for more reps, the better.

Myofibrillar hypertrophy and sarcoplasmic hypertrophy. Get the fuck out

Are you actually retarded?

Size doesn't equal strength. There are different ways to grow muscles that do different things. Go compare some olympic weight lifters to professional body builders.

>Myofibrillar hypertrophy and sarcoplasmic hypertrophy
are a meme.

not an argument. I was about to post some articles but I decided that I don't give a shit about helping someone with their head so far up their ass. enjoy your nogains

>not an argument
not an argument.
>some articles
100% meme and 100% bullshit. Been there, researched that already. Enjoy your meme.

> More like lifting exclusively heavy weight won't equal mass, just like doing high reps won't necessarily make you very strong.
.> High reps is better for aesthetics either way
you can get
wrong. doesn't matter rep range. just total volume. you can grow off sets of 3 if you want to.

>size doesn't equal strength
show us how to grow your chest benching 135 then please

Time under tension. By more reps I obviously meant more volume.
Clearly doing 1 set of 10 reps won't get you anywhere, don't be silly.

Then you'd expose yourself as a dyel retard.

>you can grow off sets of 3 if you want to.
yes, but adding high rep assistance and isolations excercises after the heavy will make you grow even more
nobodies saying that low reps wont build any muscle, but i've done the full body 3-5 reps tons of sets before i started PPL; and while i got a very good strength base, the hypertrophy has been much much better since i started doing a bunch of high reps stuff, despite this being my 5th year of lifting

and guess what, when you do 5x5 and add more weight to the bar and lift more than you did last time for 5x5, you've increased your strength and added more volume.

keep the same weight and overtime work up to 4x12 with a weight you used to do 3x8... you've needed to get stronger to do that. you've increased your strength and added more volume.

strength = size

before making this retarded post, google myofibrillar hypertrophy and sarcoplasmic hypertrophy and understand the fundamentals of those concepts

> yes, but adding high rep assistance and isolations excercises after the heavy will make you grow even more
nobodies saying that low reps wont build any muscle, but i've done the full body 3-5 reps tons of sets before i started PPL; and while i got a very good strength base, the hypertrophy has been much much better since i started doing a bunch of high reps stuff, despite this being my 5th year of lifting

so you started doing more overall volume and grew because of it. great, no ones arguing that.
doesn't change the fact that rep range doesn't matter for growth.

What if i do 8.5

Lol what a couple of faggots, you guys are weak pussys with shit physiques.

Strength does not equal size, you're delusional. Sorry buddy.

>Not lifting more than you 1rm for 0 reps

>doesn't change the fact that rep range doesn't matter for growth.
where is even your proof that there's 0% difference?
you're just saying 'hurr durr that's just the way it is'
and who would want to just to a ton of deadlift and squat triple sets and then go home?
or doing like 15 singles?

top kek

People who are strong arent small kiddo

Wrong. The smaller faggots at my gym are some of the strongest. Fucking asian powerlifters.

yeah, all those guys who do SS without assistance work are always so fucking huge, right?
chin ups make your biceps massive, right?
deadlift and squats will make your whole body fucking swole, right?
>hurr durr implying i said all that
no, but strengthfags here on Veeky Forums always make every excuse possible to avoid doing anything more than 5 reps and act like curls are for homos and whatnot

They aren't strong though

Name one exercise more homo than curls

I don't

Do feeder workouts actually... work?

Probably dick sucking or getting your boi pussy crushed

Small weak arms detected

you really love looking like shit, don't you?

Olympic lifter

Kill yourself

The only reason you love curls so much is because it lets you jerk off double the amount of dicks you semen-slurping faggots

Guys swole as fuck

Not 6-7 reps, that results in NOTHIN

This guy gets it.

Are myths unsupported by science.

There are not different types of hypertrophy. Your muscle grows or it doesn't. One type of hypertrophy: the kind where your muscle grows. Fucking brainlets. We're not talking about strength vs. size. user said there's different types of size. It's fucking dumb. You're dumb.

PROBABLY ROIDS!!!!!1!!

>and who would want to just to a ton of deadlift and squat triple sets and then go home?
>or doing like 15 singles?
i don't know why anyone would, but they could

Why do retards try to argue proven science behind muscle growth?

> Strength does not equal size, you're delusional. Sorry buddy.

Ok. Please show us one, just one, person who is big benching 155.

Literally any fatass just starting the gym.
Next.

You should be looking for the opposite.
Not all big guys are strong just like not all small guys are weak.

>Size doesn't equal strength

t. weak little faggot with bitch arms, twig legs and shit lfits

>not all small guys are weak
slow down there, little guy

Pls be curl

Sorry to disappoint. I'm 6'4 170lbs skelly dyel.

wow, you are a fucking idiot
big, as in, you know, they have a large amount of muscle mass.
my god, i can't believe i'm explaining this.

you are arguing semantics

take two twins with the same body frame and muscle insertions and put them on different programs

one guy focusing on strength and gets to 1/2/3/4 in 8 months
the other guy fucks around on a brosplit and doesn't progress in strength

the stronger twin WILL be the bigger one. you can pump yourself all you want with high volume shit, if you're not getting stronger you're not getting bigger

You're also a fucking idiot.
When people say size doesn't equal strength they're clearly talking about smaller guys who are strong.

Take two twins and put one on a body builder routine, and the other on a powerlifting routine.
The one with bigger looking muscle will be the one on the bodybuilding routine.
The stronger one will be the fat looking powerlifter.

Fact.

these graphs are retarded, and you can barely even make out the difference in the shades of blue.

Nigga I want you to try to do 12-20 95%+ singles for each bodypart a week.
Higher rep hard sets don't ass fuck you anywhere near as much as maximal or near maximal low rep sets recovery wise, so you can do more work overall and apply more stress without injuring yourself.

>says the phoneposter

The way I always understood it is that as long as the muscle gets fucked up to the point where it can't perform nearly as well as it initially did, you're building muscle.

But if you don't lift heavy shit you basically have no CNS development and as a result can't lift as much with that muscle as you could had you done some heavy ass weight.

This

If you're benching 135x20 you're building some chest mass, nobody with less than like a 2pl8 5rm could do that.

Who here 2x2 master race?