How to train your neck

so i thought about doing this. What i'm about the propose seems really retarded but, if I hang my head over the edge of my bed and do "neck situps" will that be enough to make neck gains?

Literally put a plate on your forehead and do what you just described. You'll look autistic but your neck will become a tree trunk.

right well can I just do like a lot of reps until I buy a plate to bring home? I just did like 50 reps and that killed my neck. I'll buy a plate later. No way im doing this in the gym

if you hang a plate off it, yeah.

do you do reps front to back and side to side or just one way

>uniboob

Bumping for this. Is body weight ok?

shut up i love her

neck bridges are incredible for neck

What builds a better looking neck if you could only do one? Plate on forehead or plate on back of head?

Front vs back. Basically what are the benefits to front neck aesthetics?

I started off with body weight and that's great for noob gains, but ultimately you will want to add weight. I put a hand towel over my face, put 25lbs on my forehead and do it on a bench.

uh i feel front more but i guess its good to do both

you need both to balance it out

Make a simple neck harness out of any rope and sling it over a good sturdy branch on the nearest tree. Slide into the harness and start lifting. Your life will improve immensely almost immediately.
pic related, my fav spot

Is there a way to strengthten the neck to be more resistant to KOs but not to increase the size? Bigger neck will look unaesthetic on me. Low rep high weight? It sounds potentially dangerous

I have this. Is this better or worse than holding a plate to my head and doing a sit-up with my neck?

Work under a vehicle laying on your back. After 15 minutes your neck will def feel it

>bigger neck
>unaesthetic

i'm a girl, I guess it's the only body part that should stay not trained. Or maybe I won't be able to overdevelop it anyway, I just don't want to get too bulky neck(kek that's usually what dyel girls say)

Lmfao why should you need to guard yourself from knockouts if you are a girl

>
>do you do reps front to back and side to side or just one way
Pretty much every direction you can move your head to (plate on the forehead / back of the head /left cheek /right cheek)

do you live under a rock or something? women get beat up more than men do lol

i honestly dont know i guess just body weight

Neck harnesses are fantastic. Do both.

Kek

why has no one mentioned the fact that to add resistance you can just push gently down on your head with your fucking hands

They're also really good for fusing your spinal discs together

Because that's not a constant, reliable force

>just hang yourself with a plate

Men fight way more often than girls, and if it's a guy you're looking to protect yourself from a) if he wants to kill you he will kill you b) if you're going to do anything I suggest learning MMA or some kind of martial art, not meme exercises to strengthen your neck from repeated blows to your dumb fucking head?!

No amount of neck training is going to stop a KO from a man to a fem. Just learn a martial

i just started kickboxing and i want to prepare for sparring, isn't neck training a part of it