Be in gym

>be in gym
>benching on power rack for first time
>took safety bars off because it seems kind of dangerous that you can get trapped under them or they're too just high can't get full rep
>going for 5 reps with 20lb on each side
>last rep
>Can't quite make it to rack the bar
>Sit up and put bar on my legs/lower stomach
>Bro who was working out with his gf runs over fast and helps me rack it (I didn't know what to do but he helped)
>Was bumping my earbuds so I don't know if he said anything
>give thumbs up and a smile smile and say "thanks man"
>Don't know if he responded
>He goes back to workout
>Take my weights off the bar and go to deadlift

Did I make myself look like a retard? What can I do to prevent this from happening? Should I keep the safety bars on or can you get trapped under them and suffocate and die?

lol failing at 5 reps of 85

how does something called a SAFETY bar kill you idiot

assuming you are indeed autistic, you simply need to adjust the safety bars properly or ask for someone to spot you.

good luck

If you're not certain you can make every rep of your set either get a spot or stop midset if you don't think you can get the next rep.

That was actually a pretty normal interaction bro. Even if you had music on. If he noticed you talking, he probably just assumed you said thanks. I'm sure he doesn't really care. Also why the fuck are you benching in the power rack if you don't have the safety bars on. That's why people bench in there in the first place.

And dude, if you need a spot you can ask anyone else in the gym. If they're next to you they won't mind.

It was actually 95lb now that I remember but i'm really new to lifting and I only weigh 140lbs, trying to increase.

I don't know, I almost got trapped under the smith machine with the safety bars low once because the bar was too low. I only used that thing once tho

My gym only has plain benches with no rack for barbells and 2 power racks.

>deadlifting on chest day
This is why you bench 85lbs user.

That said, you need to work on it, that's it. I started where you were, barely putting up 85lbs for 5-6 reps, but within 6 months I was hitting 1 plate for at least a rep or two. Keep increasing more and more, soon I was hitting 145x5, next week it was 155x5, then 165x5, next couple months I hit 185x5, then 195x5, etc. etc.

Just increase more and more, don't be afraid to use 2.5lb plates on each side to help get over certain weights. I have 4 more months before I'm at 2 complete years of lifting, and I want to hit 225x5 by then. It just takes time.

>I only weigh 140lbs
Height?

Dude lol 95 lbs

I'm was trying Starting Strength for the first time today so just 5x3 deadlift squat and bench. I was doing PPL for a little bit but I stopped, I've only been lifting for about 12 days. Should I do SL 5x5? I still had more energy after my workout today so I did some military press with dumbbells and some pulldowns. Thanks for the advice though i'm really excited to increase, i've already increased my deadlift a little bit because I was doing them for PPL

Don't worry about the program, just pick one and stick with it. Literally every program will get you gains. A fucking brosplit will give you beginner gains. But you better follow that shit.

5'9". I'm bulking at like 2500ish cals per day, lifting 3 days per week

I just started SS today though like I said in
but I kind of want to lift more than once every 2 days desu, or at least do some more sets. Can I just add some standing military presses with dumbbells and some curls and lat pulldowns after my workouts?

You should have taken one bud out to thank him properly, learn how to have human interactions you fucking autist.

spooky

>5'9 140
Completely skinny fat holy shit.
Just pick a fucking program and stick with it. No extra sets, no extra days, no extra bullshit. Anything you do will net you gains, but programs exist for a reason. Beginner programs exist to get you gains more efficiently while you're still a beginner, while helping you focus on form. Which, also, you need to ask a personal trainer or fellow gym bro about. Don't go swing around bars like babe ruth and expect good results, learn the proper form for each lift, and don't fuck the form up just because it might be uncomfortable. Almost every kid thinks he knows how to bench, but nobody taught him how to pinch his shoulder blades back, or activate his lats in a powerlifting/olympic bench.

Just follow a fucking program dude. Military press, curls, and lat pulldown all hit different areas. Why are you hitting shoulders on back day? If you have an arm day, why the lat pulldowns? You need to program your workouts to properly split up the stress on your body throughout the week so you have time to recover.

>im bulking at 2500 calories a day

>that gif
kek everytime

home gym crew checking in

I bench by myself without safety bars. Knowing that if I fail a rep I will literally die and be eaten by my pets gives me the strength to rep shit out like a fukkin beast. ur just a pussy m8

OP, you sound like a timid, tender guy. With social anxiety. Have I read you right?

its sounds like you progress really slow(depending on bodyweight), maybe run a different program. I hit 225 for five in 6 months.

Not really, I just don't act like a know it all faggot until I actually know what the fuck i'm doing.

>takes 6 months to hit 1 plate for 1 or 2 reps
>giving lifting advice
There is nothing wrong with deadlifting after benching. The guy was likely running SS you weak pile of shit. If you didn't think you were better than those lifting their entire life maybe you wouldn't be so fucking weak LMAO.
T. 315 bench for 1 in 6 months

>starting strength
>no squats
If you skip your squats you will be cursed and never make gains. You have been warned

Heres some real advice OP just read the fucking starting strength book. No one actually reads that shit but those who do are pretty much guaranteed to make it. Listening to weak fags on here that unironically take 6 months to hit a 135 bench is just the blind leading the blind
If you can't read a book then you should quit lifting and learn how the fuck to read

>140lbs
>95lb bench
Holy shit I am 5'10, 135lbs and bench 150 for 10 reps. Are you like 6'8 or just fat?

why are you making shit up on the internet son?