Are they bad for you?

Are they bad for you?

vegetables? no.

>vegetables
oh my sweet, wheat summer child

>not "my wheat summer child"
Bland tbqh, needs more seasoning

The dose makes the poison.

Grains are life. The pleasure and luxury of enjoying Earth's natural bounty in all its forms is something to strive for along with one's old age.

I've been off wheat for almost 8 months. Not exclusively, it is incredibly hard to remove 100% wheat but other than a handful of times, no wheat. Feel good, but is it worth it? Not sure yet, time will tell further.

>is the food mankind has been surviving off of since the dawn of civilization bad for you?

Yes.

Whites can eat grains no problem and have done so since the early stone age.

>Thinks the grains we eat today are anything like those back then

being this naive..

>being this uneducated
Grains have the same values as they did in the late 1800s. Look it up, brownskin.

>thinking anything modern is automatically worse

Modern wheat has been developed to be more resistant to bugs. And this has been done with just natural selection, not GMO.

Basically wheat has a certain insecticide it produces naturally called amylase-trypsin inhibitors. So to improve yield, we select wheat strains that produce the most of these so the crops are bigger. Now the thing is when we eat this, yeah we don't die because we are much more massive than insects, but the damage is being done. Massive inflammation in our digestive tracts and over time will cause any myriad of issues.

This

I won't even bother to link to any articles relating to amylase-trypsin inhibitors because just googling it will provide 30 from the front page alone.

the transition from hunter-gatherer to grain based agriculturalist lead to worse teeth, shorter stature and shorter lives

>lead to shorter stature
humans are literally taller than they have ever been right now

>raw wheat/oats
Not really. High in fiber. Consequentially difficult to eat and digest due to high cellulose content.

>bread made from flour that was milled from dozens of wheat stalks
Very. Barely any fiber. Filled to the brim with starch that promotes tooth decay and diabetes.

Same could be said with sugar.

>sugarcane
Nope. Again, high in fiber and also micro-nutrients. Most people suck on the inner flesh of pieces they break off at about 1/15th of a full shoot.
>pure cane sugar
It takes it takes approximately 8-12 pounds of sugarcane to produce a pound of pure cane sugar. Keep that in mind the next time you eat anything with ~40g+ of sugar - it likely took an entire fucking stalk to make, depending on efficiency of yield.

Humans had to develop cheap ways of feeding populations in cities. Grain processing is dirt cheap and feeds shit tons of people. That doesn't make it good for us.

>shorter lives
Yes oh man gee I wish we could go back to those good old days when we hunted and gathered everything so we'd go back to having 150 year lifespans. It really sucks that we can barely make it to 30 nowadays.

Spelt, you retard.

thisx 100

spelt yes. wheat no

>posting a brainlet instead of refuting their arguments and/or presenting your own

they're comparing modern standards to pre-industrialized medicine standards
anyone with a brain would compare pre-industrialized medicine grain eaters with pre-industrialized medicine hunter gatherers
as for the height, that's come about in recent generations specifically because we've become prosperous enough that we're not living mostly on grain anymore. grains are not nutritious

also literally fatter than at any time before
Could it perhaps be that we're living in an age of unprecedented abundance of food?

Yeah, but I was just saying that the fact that modern people have shorter stature is just wrong

it lead to those problems to the people adopting agriculture back in the neolithic. we still have massive tooth decay problems, but we've fixed the shorter lives with proper sanitation and modern medicine and we've gotten taller thanks to not relying so heavily on grains, but those are both recent and only started happening after the industrial revolution

Then why are jungle people so short? Their diets are nuts, berries and meat

>go from hunter gatherer active lifestyle with a varied diet to sedentary, 12 hour a day workdays with just grains
>"Gee, why am I suddenly unhealthy?"

It's a grain we eat today, no?
And its nutritional profile is barley different from evil modern grains, the main difference is it's more expensive due to lower yields.

The claim wasn't that modern people are shorter, but that people became shorter when transitioning from hunter-gatherer to farmers.
So it's not that your statement (modern people are tall) is wrong, it's just completely irrelevant to your the post it replied to.

>grass seed
Not if you're a cow grazing.
Moo!

You're right, modern wheat is severely better since it's more dense in energy and protein than it ever was.

No, humans have just recently started to recover height and bone mass lost during the pre 1800's.
When agriculture became a thing, humans got smaller and weaker and sicker, hunter gatherers actually were about as tall as modern first world humans.