Does coffee have a place in the Veeky Forums lifestyle?

Does coffee have a place in the Veeky Forums lifestyle?

Other urls found in this thread:

academic.udayton.edu/health/syllabi/tobacco/history.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

in moderation

the buges drinks it so yes

Caffeine is evil.

When I’m cycling off pre workout, I’ll drink a cup of black coffee before working out.

It does in mine, but I'm weaning down & trying to stop consumption at noon. 'fraid I'm gonna be sippin this one until 12:05 though

Sure but you have to make sure you don't consume any 5 hours before bedtime.

3 cups a day? Is that okay?

Sure, if you’re not a NEET.

Only when I need the boost, I often drink green tea though.

Anyone else can't into coffee? My dad rarely drinks it. Mom too. Actually, none of my grandparents or anything drink it. I have a friend who needs about 3 Large Iced Coffees a day. But dude works a lot and is also a big guy (not fat, just big, buff).

Another friend needs 1 Medium Iced a day, else they get headaches.

But if I have 1 small iced, my heart starts racing like mad and I sweat because I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack.

coffee is good taste like that anti-aging blueberry and fasting

If you want health benefits you need like 4+ cups/day, that's quite a consumption to keep up and you of course need to deal with caffeine withdrawl. But for training atleast a cup before training is great, caffeine makes you sharper and increases physical performance, especially if used sparingly. I drink one in the morning with my oats, and one before training.

That's not coffee, they're basically soda/sugar addicts.

Try black coffee, it tastes good.

coffee is one of those stupid things that society as a whole decided to like at some point. it will pass just like smoking

>cycling off
>still using the main drug
Great idea

Smoking I can understand, but coffee has been around for far too long to just go away any time soon, if at all.

>Smoking I can understand, but coffee has been around for far too long to just go away any time soon, if at all.
Y'all dumb as fuck, neither will ever go away and the next "society drug" will be weed.

Pretty sure widespread coffee drinking is a more recent phenomenon than widespread tobacco smoking

I usually drink two cups per day...one when I wake up and one before I workout. Less than 4 per day should be fine.

coffee is literally the goat drink, it literally makes you lose weight if you drink enough of it

Coffee drinking as a whole yes, but not compared to widespread tobacco smoking.

Coffee has been a super popular drink since the 1600s. There were huge diatribes against it practically every decade about how it was Turkish or decadent. England banned it for like 10 years becuase coffee and the cafe were seen as complicit in the overthrow of royalty right before the Glorioius Revolution.

>denying caffeine addiction this hard
I consume about 250 mg pure caffeine daily, but at least I'll admit I'm utterly addicted. If I stop cold turkey I get headaches and general discomfort.
Dont be retarded.

Coffee is healthy you dumb fucks...

I'm not denying caffeine addiction, I'm addicted too. I drink about one pot a day.
I just assumed (perhaps wrongly) that the people he talked about were drinking Starbucks sugar shakes talking about their love for "coffee".

>250mg

If you think this is a lot you are fucking retarded.

you kind of want to keep it the way it makes you feel NOW to use the effects well without withdrawals. I drink maybe a cup (US fluid cup) every day or so, black, which only has caffeine and ~5 calories or so, but gets me going for a bit.

ease into it over a couple weeks. Start with a couple/few teaspoons of creamer, and remove a bit more every day until it's completely black. Also, start with a lighter roast (NEVER go French roast, it's literally burnt), some of the lighter roasts you may not even need creamer for.

If you end up not drinking coffee much, at least you've developed a taste for it you can handle, and you can take QTs out on dates and shit.

Just found this and it looks like tobacky's been big ~100yrs longer

academic.udayton.edu/health/syllabi/tobacco/history.htm
>tl;dr starts with Columbus