How long did it take you to bench 100 kg/225 lbs ?

>How long did it take you to bench 100 kg/225 lbs ?
>What was your bodyweight?

>How long did it take you to bench 100 kg/225 lbs ?
Freshman year high school first day of weights for football, first time benching
>What was your bodyweight?
Was a lineman so I think 250lbs

I just hit 60kg for the first time today, took me 3 weeks. Hoping to get 100 within 6 months but who knows. Weigh 180lbs.

>benching

Maybe 1.5 years? At 170.

Never did an intensification phase so if you do that first you'll probably hit it quicker, but you'll only be putting off base building

Haven't tested my max but last time I did it was 205 at 150~
I haven't gained or lost any weight since so I'm sure I still couldn't, but I could probably get 210 or 215

around 16 months but i started at 30kg 1rm. i think i was around 80kg

Unsure. I've done a fair bit of body weight training and first time I really tried to bench I used all the weights my mate had which was 130kg and I'm about 70kg

I can bench just slightly higher than my bodyweight (70 kg). I have been lifting on a deficit and struggling to increase my bench. Would switching to a slow bulk help ?

First time with bad program at age 15-19 and not eating enough, it took me about 4 years probably. Can't remember anymore.

The second time (age 28-29 perhaps) it took me about 6 months (I was cutting the first 2-3 months, dropped from 84 to 80 kg). At the time I benched 100 my bodyweight was probably about 80-81 kg.

Why is benching so fucking hard to progress? What do you guys recommend/do? Serious here.

Idk, benched 100kg basically with no training when I was 16. Played basketball though.

3 weeks. 1st maxout, 1st time lifting. Senior yr. I was 134 lbs.

>Lying on internet

Why?

Not gonna happen, obv you didn't hit plateaus yet

4 months at around 203 lbs, 6'3

it took me longer than it did to deadlift 500

I am currently at 47kg 8x3 and I've been stuck at it for like 2 weeks now which makes me supper depressed. My journey to 100kg will probably take a long time, as I've been training already for like 4-5 months so far with such a shitty results. I think the lack of progress might be because of my triceps as I'm hitting it pretty hard with pull ups and OHP too. I'm thinking of doing incline instead of flat press, but I'm not sure if that will take some pressure of the triceps. Any tips?

Sophomore year of college. 1 year lifting

Was 185lbs at 6'4. Currently 220 and really don't bench anymore. Just stick to dumbbells

I finally hit it a few minutes ago for 1 rep. I weigh 174 lbs. It's my worst lift but fuck it if I'm not on cloud 9 right now

5 months
Weight was around 84kg(around 184lbs)

100kg after 6 month of lifting doesn't seem that unlikely desu

2,5 years @ 75 kg

who the hell can bench 4x8 with 100kg ?
I traing since 3 years , and I bearly can do 4x10 with 85 kg

currently bench 95kg, i think im gonna make it

>3 weeks
So you benched maximum 21 times in your life

Yeah that's about right desu

>struggle to hit 100kg for 3 years
>stop lifting for a year
>come across a bench in gated community gym with 100kg loaded last sunday
>let's try why not
>do 3 reps with ease

Well, i don't know how but i did it.

how do I calculate my bench if I 4*12 ?

You do it

current 1-rep-max is 100kg (including bar)

>How long did it take to bench 100kg?
2 years of bro lifting and 1 year of serious lifting

>What was (is) your bodyweight?
80kg

Bulk up, eat good, lift heavy (and for good measure try creatine)

Bulk up, start a strenght program, eat mostly clean and creatine

4 months @ 170lbs
But do be fair, I have always loved dips and shoulder press

>2 years of lifting, so 16 years old
>6'1 and about 200 pounds iirc

there is no need to lie

About 7 months doing strenght training. I started with dumbbells and once I reached 95 lb in dumbbells I went back to regular bench. I weight 79 kg...

Is benching 100kg for 6 good at 78kg? I cant fucking progress past 6. Wat do?

At what weight does lifting a heavy bar above your chest/neck/head become dangerous? I'm already scared of squats and deadlifts.

Increase the weight and eat more

I had a friend who did 1400 pushups a day (seriously), first time coming into football in the fall he maxed 245 without lifting during the summer. I personally got to a 225 max in 3 months starting from 155 for reps. Best way to progress is to add 5 lbs per session, then once you feel like you are hurting yourself cut the weight back 10 lbs and start your progression again.

Every weight. Just get a spotter or bench in the power rack. Bench is the most dangerous lift, not even memeing

Little more than a year, i weighed around 80 kg or so, at 178 cm

Sophomore year of highschool
1 year lifting
128 lb bodyweight
5'4 Asian

Impressive if actually true and not larping.

I was lifting for some time throughout my teens but when I started lifting at the age of 23 after being a fatfuck for ~3 years it took me 6 months to bench 100kg for 8.

that's what makes it the best for making gains. no better feeling to motivate you than knowing that if you fail your rep you will literally die and be eaten by your pets

Oh and 173cm/82kg. Forget to mention.

Will I get comparable results using dumbbells? I really don't give a shit if the progress is slower or if it is worse, it will work the same muscles to a reasonably similar degree right? Holy fuck I just saw a video of some guy dropping a bar with shitloads of weight on his chest. Pretty sure he died.

Jokes on you my gym's bench is place right at the wall so no spotter can get there and only squat rack no power rack. I just roll of shame or be conservative on my bench.

If youre not making progress its probably nutrition. More protein

Yeah you'll get the same gains, it's just a bit more difficult to move up in weight slowly without microplates. Don't COMPLETELY knock bench, just be extra careful with it lad. Never bench over your neck, always just under your chest above your abs. Never put clips on bench.
Stay safe

I'm not touching that death trap after what I just saw. I'm exactly the kind of retard that would die doing it.

>Stay safe
Thanks, my gym is a joke (and so is most of the gym's in my shitty Eastern European country). If you think its like those you see in Russian Olympic Motivation Training on youtube (I'm not from Russia), think again.

Anyways I hurt my pubic area once for trying to roll of shame and now when I brain tells me not to do the next rep, I'll just play it safe and not push myself and just rack it, just add an extra set to compensate.

Just don't do the weight that you can't bench for at least 5 reps. I usually had been doing 8-12 reps before I hit 100kg, hadn't had anyone to spot me.

15 months, but the first 3 months at the gym I only used machines with no knowledge of programming or rep/set schemes, so i count it as 12 months.
About 75kg (165lbs) bodyweight, I'm 180cm (5 foot 11) and somewhere around 10%bf natty

19 months
Weighed 93kg bulked up from 70kg

I am now benching 180kg for 3 185 single.

It is if he is at 60kg initial unless he does horrible quarter reps

What ever helps you sleep at night

Bout 3 months of fucking around + 6 months of serious lifting
@73kg I believe

About a year starting at 135lbs,
Now my.max.is 275

they had fake weights

Obvious LARP

Maybe a year? I think I got it at 15 while weighing about 175

>In this much denial
why?

>still cant bench two plates after two years

Sureee...
Starting at 90% of your body weight, especially as a fatass seems totally legit, especially at 14 years before puberty really helps to make you stronger

Year and a half or so. Started off maxing 115 x 1 at 240 lbs, 5’1”. Halfway through sophomore year hit 225 x 1 at 210 lbs, 5’3”.

You’ll get there. I hit 2pl8 after a little more than two years at 160. Just keep going. Sometimes people are just benchlets.

it took me 4 weeks, 150 lbs bw on 6'. Now, 4.5 years later I weigh 190 lbs and press 375 lbs.

>Go 200 5x5 daily
>Literally one week away from trying 2pl8
>Rotator Cuff Tear
IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR

Today was my first time benching. It was 20kg and I almost died. Also, how do I know that I'm doing a good form?

B8
If legit though just eat as much as you possibly can each day and add 2.5 pounds to each side next time you go. Also, Id recommend just searching a video for the form

>mfw genetic dead end
>natty lifting 4+ years, okay diet, bulk and only gain fat no matter how clean i ate for any period of time
>only ever max out bench at whatever my current bodyweight is, never bulked past 180lb
>get on test blast 500mg/wk after cutting down to 150lb
>after only 8 weeks, gain 20lb and land 200lb bench 3x5
>it's only going up from there

fuck natty lifting, fuck natty everything.

if you play a sport where you are constantly pushing against other heavy dudes you're going to bench around your bodyweight easily

Junior year of HS, 16 years old. I had been lifting about a year. 190 (?) bw

Just started lifting again Feb 2nd after a year off from a wrist injury. I started at 135lbs for 3x3 and currently at 180lbs as of today. Up 13lbs in bodyweight. If everything goes well and I can add 5lbs a workout I'll be at 225lbs in exactly 2 months.

1.5 years. From barely pushing the bar to lmao2pl8. 14-almost 16 on Var.FB team 180 fat ass D Lineman

>needing drugs to bench 200lbs
embarrassing

less than one year
>started off cutting, so didn't fully get all them noob gains, stalled around 4 months in
>then bulked for about 5 months
>got it
>then switched to high reps
>now cutting again

not to mention I only ever tried one rep max after heavy 5x5 sets were done so I may have been able to do it sooner than when I actually did it if I focused on 1rep max

>only gain fat no matter how clean I ate
seems doubtful

it is embarrassing. that's why i said fuck it. friend of mine is the same way we have completely different methods to everything we do.

I wasn't really that fat desu, I jump roped and did boxing training 4-6 days a week. Also at 6'2 it doesn't look as bad, but I was still fat when compared to most I guess. I did strength training before that like pushups, tire workouts, and many strongman like workouts for football, just never benched before then. Also, I hit puberty way before 14 (from dad I think). Had full leg hair in like 1st-2nd grade and growing sideburns in 4th grade (9 years old). I put in hard work back then and it worked out on that day, but I think I also got some extra boost just from seniors and coaches cheering me on. I didn't really lift after that for 2 years then focused more junior football season and got to like 315 x 5. Skipped workouts, got fatter, and did shit senior season though, free varsity spot just for being big though.

Took me about 2.5-3 years, but I started as an ultra skele (95lbs) so it took a while. Also wasted the first year+ not knowing wtf I was doing.

if you can 5x5 200 you can easily press 225

Took me 1 year of serious lifting, and I was 185 (5'7).

Currently going off a winter bulk, but I was benching 315 pretty easily the past couple of months. I don't expect to max out like that anymore once I get into my cut. Currently 195, trying to get down to 180 or 175.