/plg/ - powerlifting general

Do your volume for Uncle Boris Edition: pt II

ITT: discussion on how to get better at bench press, squat and deadlift for the express purpose of competing in your IPF approved underpants. Or just for funsies, it's up to you.

the following are allowed and encouraged:

routines
form checks
accessory discussion
appropriate memes
feels
Trying Your Hardest

the following are expressly forbidden and discouraged:

shit form
that one pudgy loser
5/3/1 meme shit
Not trying hard
Arch/sumo/equipped autism

let's get things started with a classic:

WAWTT?
WAWET?
WAWLTT?
WAWFT?

Other urls found in this thread:

elitefts.com/education/coaching-education/the-coachs-guide-to-teaching-the-bench-press/
instagram.com/p/Bfq-nQHhlAv/?taken-by=lukeerichardson
youtube.com/watch?v=DjydOI4MEIw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Powerlifting isn't gay I was never confused

Reminder to try hard at life.

Rate:
Monday
>TM squat
>Bench 3x Int Medium
>Rows
>face pulls
Tuesday
>rest
Wednesday
>Bench 3x Int Medium
>ohp 5/3/1
>chins
>face pulls
Thursday
>DL 1x Int
>TM squat
>core
>calves
Friday
>rest
Saturday
>TM squat
>Bench 3x Int Medium
>row
>face pulls
Sunday
>rest
inb4 +400 wilks joke

How do I improve my conjugate?

>trenning
Squat x1 @8, x7 @9, 2 down sets
Bench x1 @8, x6 @9, 2 down sets
OHP x8 @6, x8 @7, x8 @9, repeat 3 sets
Probably a bunch of stuff like rear delt flys and curls after

Comfy day

Just do it and see what happens

>WAWTT

tomorrow

Squat x1@8, 3x4 @7-8
Bench x1@8, 3x4 @7-8
RDL x7@8, 3x7@9
Lat pulldowns, abs 5x10 each

Wew, the deads were harder than I thought they'd be. I think I can chalk it up to smoking and drinking on Saturday and my sleep, or lack thereof, catching up to me.

Best conjugate i’ve seen, thanks

Reminder that going over 15% bodyfat is retarded unless you're blasting your ass with testosterone.

>discussion on how to get better at bench press
Yeah how do I get better at bench? Not interested in competing because I'm weak but enjoy lifting. According to a gymbro at my gym who benches 2.5pl8s, he said that my technique is good and arch very well but around the last 1-2 reps, I start grinding very bad especially at the middle before finally reaching at top the bar goes smoothly again. He even said that my left side is compensating sometimes (bar goes up left side first)

>5'8
>95kg fatty
>currently on 4day TM as /rec/ but someone here awhile ago
>lifting 7 months (inb4 continue SS)
The reason I change to TM is because my bench was stalling bad and I already deloaded 3 times as prescribe by the book.

>highest numbers
>Bench 90kgx3
>Squat 145kgx5
>Deadlifts 182.5kgx5

>Mon
>Bench Intensity
>Press Volume
>Lying Triceps Extension

>Tue
>Squat Volume
>SLDL
>Rows

>Thur
>Press Intensity
>Bench Volume
>Spoto Press (at lighter weights)

>Fri
>Squat Intensity
>Deadlifts Intensity
>Chins
>Curls/Whatever since I got two day break

Record yourself.

>WAWTT
pic related

In terms of the bar slowing down through the middle of the rep, that's common. One side lagging probably means you're setting up with uneven tightness. Check you're pushing through both feet evenly, tucking both elbows to same degree, depressing both shoulders to the same degree etc.

Have a read of this, there's a lot most people can do to their setup and lift off to improve their bench before they've even begun a rep;
elitefts.com/education/coaching-education/the-coachs-guide-to-teaching-the-bench-press/

Is that yarogramming?

Yes indeedy, it's a minor deload week so the back offs aren't are bad as they usually are

yeah i will, but before i start i would like some thoughts by someone more experienced than me

Reminder you're weak.

I tried extremely narrow stance on deadlift and it felt strong position to be in

I can't get shoulder width really work. Wider or narrower than shoulder width is good, but not shoulder width

/blog.

How does he do it brehs? How does he use his hips so much?

When's this from?

What in the ever living fuck.

instagram.com/p/Bfq-nQHhlAv/?taken-by=lukeerichardson

Beautiful.

I have constantly tight hip flexors, it's a real bitch in skwaat and dl, i've been doing yoga stretches for last 2 weeks not helping much, should I start adding hip thrusts?

>tfw i did abs for the first time in years
Could barely get through 3x10. Probably not a bad idea to start up with 'em again.

That's some beautiful squatting desu.

>How does he use his hips so much?
If you set up properly, and if you engage your lats and keep a neutral back, a proper hip hinge is the only thing that's going to raise the weight.

It amazes me how bad some of you are at proprioception.

Could you look at my DUP template? It's relatively simple, just repeating a weight until RPE 9 and then some AMRAPs on the 4th week.

How does he do it brehs? How does he ignore every deadlift rule there is and survives?

Have to squat a heavy triple today lads let's get hype

Should I do dynamic effort at 75-85%, if I’m not sure about my band tension?

Just the one set @8?

Be hard as nails and strong as fuck.

Importantly, notice that his lower back is locked into neutral and doesn't really lose position, despite the upper rounding, hips shooting etc.

Nah lol, work up to, for example, x7@RPE8 and repeat until it feels like an RPE9.

>KK only weights 125
Damn, what a twink

I'm just mirin his torso mobility.
I tried to get my back as round as he has in his starting position but I can't even do that. Probably have to pick up yoga or 5x massage to do that.

Did he hitch?

That hitching was fucking impressive.
desu if if sumo is allowed then should hithing be also allowedd

Bulk or cut?
>90kg
>187cm
>20+% bf
>lifts:weak

>say fuck it, increase squat weight to 495 for top single
>@8
>new numbers for backoff
>435x7 now

sweating_pepe.jpg

maintain then once strength starts to decrease up calories.

should've cut ages ago
anything above 15% is kys tier

I've done 445 for 8

I'm unfussed

I have never done a cut lasting more than 4 days because Im scared I'll turn back to my previous 60kg skeletor mode.

That wont happen. You will become much smaller though.

I did it.

Lick my butt gorg

>decrease up calories.
?? Decrease or up the calories?

up calories, i need to sleep

These actually felt really slow

i feel a lot of pressure/pain on the back of my knee when i go heavy on hyperextensions, how to fix?

No its me who needs to sleep, I just read it wrong. It actually makes sense...

we both do then
i spent too much time shitposting about vidya last night

don't go heavy on hyperextensions
poof
problem gone

by heavy i mean sets of 8

YOU SHOULD PROBABLY GET THAT CHECKED OUT KNEE IS INSANELY DELICATE THING AND IF YOU FEEL PAIN LIKE PAIN SHARP PAIN LIKE PAIN-PAIN IT'S PROBABLY PRETTY BAT

I have 5RM weighted back extensions without any pain

>elitefts.com/education/coaching-education/the-coachs-guide-to-teaching-the-bench-press/
Great article, I realized that I'm missing some parts of proper benching technique such as lowering the bar with your lats and lowering it slowly. Going to deload and use these cues on my next bench workout.

+450 wilks

Did polish special for cough/bad throat

ONION
VODKA
HONEY

who here getting wasted to get healthy youtube.com/watch?v=DjydOI4MEIw

sounds comfy

I get you. It'll probably be fine, see how it goes.

Might see better pressing progress trying something else for your bench
People used to shit on TM for bench, but I haven't seen much a whole lot of shat lately.

Thanks for the input but I may want to fix my technique after reading this article
Seems like I'm missing a few things, if it doesn't improve after a few weeks, then I may consider.

Thank a lot! I tried doing the usual Hypertrophy-Strength-Power but the Strength day really affected the Power day negatively. Would adding a single @RPE8 on Friday be a bad idea?

How much can you double overhand? After months of BTFOing my forearms five times a week I double-overhanded 4pl8. Felt 100% better than mixed grip. Can't wait to DO my max.

imagine beeing you

I can row 70kg dumbbell without straps/hook.
Don't know about deadlift I don't deadlift.

>70kg dumbbell
Fuck me my gym only goes up to 50

No need to stop there. With a cable machine handle and a chain you can lift anything that isn't bolted to the ground. Go lift heavy shit and make grip gains.

First squats back from tendinits break lads. Went pretty okay, actually felt pretty good once I got warmed up and in the groove. Probably never front squat again but oh well.

Heaviest I did was 170kg, a year ago

Dumbbells go to 110kg at my gym. It's hilarious how wide the 110kg one is.

361kg squat today boysssssssssssssssssssssssss

370+ coming soon

I can deadlift 312.5kg. 315kg in equipment.

I can only just DO 200kg and even that I stand a good chance of missing.

Singles @8 shouldn't affect recovery at all, the only issue is the extra time to warm up to it if you tend to fuck around between sets.

Trip on Sam Meade.

How come you don't train with Cameron?

Cameron who mate

just how short are your fingers mate

Good deadlift is for the weak minded

That was a pretty ugly one. Usually he's a lot smoother than that, even if his back has the approximate curvature of elbow pasta. He does get his hams into it and his lower/mid back stays rigid, but yeah, this one, oy.

It's all about girth, not length

Garagebro

Mine taps out at about 160kg. Then again my hands are the same size as Louise Murray's

This hurts real deep

Why would you go heavier than a set of 10? And why would you even go past like RPE 7?

Dunno, think I'm miles away from their crew.

Also Gbro told me tren and dextrose are bad so I tend not to listen to what he says

My last hope to salvage my diddlydoodle is to start max-width sumo. It felt quite good the couple sessions I tried it so far, but fuck in hell it's impossible to do rep work with it. This fucking sucks.

Blacky squats 400+ with eq and var...

Alright, it's worth giving it a shot. Thanks again.

Ill be in peterborough overnight sometime in the next month or so if you wana train/eat

How the heck doesn't his vertebrae just pop out though? I thought rounding in deadlift was like almost guaranteed way to snap city.

I've read most of his injuries were from squatting, not from deadlifting with a rounded back (his own interview)

Sure but that doesn't mean its bad lol. Just that someone is very successful without it.

Sure man, my friend's gym just got a mono, maybe we can get some squats going or something?

Have you tried wide stance conventional?

The sides can be balanced with the right ratios, no one wants to run those ratios though

Yeah cool ill hit you up when im planning the route

he has an advantageous build for deadlifts, and a disadvantageous one for squats, those long femurs really jack up the risk of back and knee injury

it's the same for cailer woolam and pete rubish as well, cailer says he gets beat up by squats and pete rubish quit squatting in training because it fucks his hips and knees

You guys should just do 200x tricep and 15 minutes of row, you aint advanced enough for starting strength

>Love weightlifting but suck at it
>Dislike powerlifting but am good at it.

What do?

Strongman if 6' or taller

That's the only type of conventional I tried. Even when I wasn't fat my gut got in the way, I can't reach the bar without rounding my back.

Relatively narrow-stanced sumo feels good, but I can't get the bar close enough to myself and with heavy weights it just tips me forward.

give me dat dere opinion on my diddly
also, whats the best angle to record sumo diddly to get input, my back is straight im braced and all, its just my hip position isnt perfect and sometimes i lack that external rotation

tfw ugly

did Veeky Forums shit itself again