Best program to hit 1/2/3/4?

Best program to hit 1/2/3/4?

What program did you use to get there? How quickly?

any strength program

Which is most efficient though? I feel like SS will take awhile.

Ssgomad

Starting strength will get you to 75% of your natty max, then your just go to the gym to make your shoulders bigger and shit

Are SS and SL really that effective ?

I have a shit ton of time on my hands and I would like to lift more than 3x a week.

Any recommendations ?

Mark Rippletoe's Starting Strength Basic Barbell Training 3rd Edition

I follow SS and go every day except for Saturday

SL takes more time and has more volume

And yes, they're linear progression programs - they will get you as strong as quick and efficient as possible

Didn't really research SS, I thought it was like SL (5x5 alternate workout 3 times a week)

SS is the shortest route.

SS is 3x5 with accessory work (pull ups) and power cleans

SS will get you fucking strong if you eat enough. It is a 3x5 program that has you go to the gym 3 times a week. If you go more, then you aren't doing the program.

SL is shittier. 5x5 is too much volume for a beginner. And you may feel like going to the gym 3 times a week does not exert you enough, but it will as you progress.

What's wrong with going more often?

Don't get overexcited. You have to give your body time to recover or you will negatively impact your gains.
I lift 2 to 3 times a week, OHP, Weighted Dip, and either Deadlift or Squat every session.
Hit 1/2/3/4 November 2017.
Current numbers: are
175lb OHP
245lbs Bench
90lb Dip for reps
400lb Squat
425lb Deadlift
>Eat, lift heavy, and rest

You do not recover well enough.

Everyone who is telling you to do SS/SL is fucking RETARDED.

3x5 is NOT enough volume to do ANYTHING after your noob gains

I fucked around with SS and SL for a long time. It sucks. You look like a T-rex. Do a PPL. I do an nsuns/ ppl mix and my lifts have skyrocketed. My OHP is 160 when before I'd struggle with 135.

t. 1/2/3/4

>eat
>lift
>feel
>sleep
>get swole

Literally just go into the gym and try hard 2-4 days a week for 2-6 months. Idk why Veeky Forums and plebbit think 1234 is noteworthy. Yeah, youre stronger than 90% of gym rats, but those 90% arent even actively trying to get stronger so its a retarded comparison.

I do PPL, am i a cuck? :(

>2 months to 1/2/3/4
I don't think this is physically possible unless you're like 6'3 225 lb to start

If you werent sedentary your entire adolescence or even better were active with sport its extremely possible. Sedentary male that weighs between 170-200 can get it in 6 months no problem if you dont fall form meme tier shit like ss/sl and eat enough

Hey OP I want to coach you.
Height?
Weight?
Male / Female?
Experience?

Literally anything that involves doing those lifts and trying.

Is there a good substitute for power cleans? Just curious as I've never done them before.

That'd be dope user. 6 foot, 170lb, Male, have been working out for years but never really gaining mass, just staying the same. Crossfit, wrestling and jiu jitsu experience and want to actually been lean now.

what do you think about a 4 day 5/3/1 routine but with added volume after the main compound lifts? I'm looking to become stronger but aesthetic none of that t rex powerlifter look

Pemblay Rows

>just try
>don't fall for meme shit
What did he mean by this?

bump for interest

Some linear progression based program. And them Texas Method

Absolute horseshit. Novices can get away with tons of volume and frequency because even though the weight feels heavy to them the overall intensity just isnt there.

SS IS A FUCKING BEGINNER PROGRAM

I mean literally go into the gym and hit the lifts you want to improve and put effort into it and youll get there significantly faster than the retard doing 15-30 reps of bench/ohp a week, and thinking that squatting 3x a week will somehow make up for the absolutely laughable upper body volume when all it really does is wreck your upper body lifts and has a recovery cost way higher than theyre worth doing with that frequency. Not to mention the backwards ass manner of handling deloads that just waste time and kill motivation. Theyre just such bad programs that a novice going on their own autoregulation will outpace anyone following them.

That doesnt make it any less shit.

>I follow SS
No you dont

It's not a huge deal to go every other day, muscle is being built regardless