Keto

Any ketogenic diet experiences? I've started it today and I hope it's not a meme.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=A6g_geYeL4U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Keto helped me get manboobs and diabetus, but at least I lost weight

>Keto helped me get manboobs and diabetus
What? How so?

He made a bait thread a while ago and failed to provide evidence for his claims.

I don't know why keto attracts liars like that.

Well ok.

>what are false flagging vegans

Lost 45 lbs in 6mo.

Anyway, try to work some fasting in too while you're at it.

I did it for like 2 weeks
Went from 210 to 200lbs. However, i felt my energy as lower, and 3 days in I had this acne burst out on my chest (which apparently is normal)
My performance at the gym became garbage, all my lifts went down

I've been doing it since the new years, lost 12 pounds. It would have been more but I've been on about 8 days of holidays where I threw the diet out the window.

It's pretty good, skinniest I've been in years.

It's legit for short term weight loss because ketosis suppresses hunger, and you get some quick "weightloss" due to losing the water bound with glycogent. But you will need to learn how to eat properly without excluding a macro nutrient eventuallty if you are in it for long term health and performance.

if u are morbidly obese, and you truly cant lose weight any other way because your shit will power to eat less calories. then do it

for any other reason, its a meme

you chose the worst of the meme diets. godspeed

I don't really wanna lose weight. I got into it because I've read people saying that it helped solve their mental fatigue, which I suffer a lot from. Any experiences with that?

>I hope it's not a meme
>shilled by retards and promoters
Take a guess.

Do you sleep properly(goo quality, no waking up, long enough? Do you hit you micro nutrients(try cronometer)?Are you stressed/overthinking(try meditation)?Do you drink enough water?Do you drink alcohol more than once a week? Do you get drunk more than once a month?

I'd start there.

I do sleep properly most nights.
I don't know what you mean by hitting my micro nutrients. What is this?
Mildly stressed and anxious throughout the day.
I do drink lots of water because of my acne.
I used to drink more but rn I'm 2 months without drinking I think.

So what do you say?

>I don't know what you mean by hitting my micro nutrients. What is this?

Mineral and vitamins mostly, you can put in a few days into cronometer.com and see if you are getting enough. If not consider adding foods that supply what you are lacking(best option) or a supplement.

>Mildly stressed and anxious throughout the day.

This is likely the cause. Try mindfullness meditation, start 5-10 minutes and then, just as with weightlifting, increase on a week by week basis. Getting to a SOLID 20min is great work, but it will take time and you will THINK you are meditating but eventually it will snap and you will get the maximum benefits. Get an app(like 10% happier) or listen to some guided mindfullness meditation on youtube, it's easier to start guided.

Meditation fails, because of you or that it doesn't help(please give it a month), see your doctor get blood tests done, that fails, get a referal to a psychiatrist for cognitive behavioral therapy, this fails(give it the time the psychiatrist advices) then try any diet you want, that fails then learn to live with it or get drugs for it, your choice.

Thanks user.

Keto made some people I know age 10 years; or that might've been the sun. Who knows?

its day 3 for me, I feel dizzy but the hunger is not that bad, I get way much hungry when eating normally, I'm eating twice a day, all I'm getting is salmon, beef, bacon, eggs, bulletproof coffee, broccoli, butter, olive oil, cream cheese, mustard, peanuts and water.

Anyways, keto diet feels exactly like water fasting so far but without thinking and craving food that much cause I'm still eating muh cream cheese, I can stand the hunger from keto (I have done several 3 day water fast, fasting is great but fuck its hard)

I forgot, also muh avocado

I'm still doing keto, I've lost 100lbs (344-240) in a year and I'm practically 1/2/3/4 on my lifts. I'm still cutting, too, but keto is honestly really great. You can do fasts easily as well because of low hunger levels. I wish there was more data on how keto works with weightlifting, but once I'm cut down I don't plan on using keto again because I'm guaranteeing that my body is missing certain food groups/micronutrients that I'd be getting if I cut normally. Lettuce-wrapped burgers are definitely easier than grilled chicken and broccoli, keto is an easy way out for cutting.

Whatever you do, do not buy cashews: they have 9g of net carbs per serving and you will not stop eating them.

You are going to have to get over the wall it what they call the keto flu. Stick to a strict diet with no cheat days for six weeks. Or water fast for three days then eat a strict keto diet to get over the wall faster. Either way once you hit ketosis you'll know and you'll feel awesome. But it's not a diet you can cheat. You either follow the diet and feel great or you cheat and feel like crap

Oh I see. I believe that "hitting ketosis" is the meme I'm after.

But damn, six weeks or so is a lot of time. Does this "keto flu" lasts several days?

>100lbs in a year
Damn user, congratulations.

Did you felt that the diet changed how your body behaves though? I'm skinny and would not wanna do it for losing weight or anything, but rather to improve my body/mind health. Did you saw any improvements of this sort?

What got me interested in this whole keto meme was this video m.youtube.com/watch?v=A6g_geYeL4U

I think I was technically morbidly obese (BMI ~38) even though most people looking at me just thought I was plain jane overweight. I tried keto for a month, and wound up failing. I've done much better just tracking calories and cutting out shit food and alcohol. I eat the occasional shitty food like pizza or tacos, but try to keep my macros good for the day. That's done a lot better for me, I've lost ~20lbs so far this year. It's also not demotivating having to eat bland garbage day in and day out like it felt keto was. I couldn't really find any good recipes that made me feel full. Some grains every now and again keeps me from wanting to shoot myself.

I’ve been doing it for 6 months now. It’s not a meme to me but it is memey in that you don’t have a way of knowing if you’re in ketosis unless you do some sort of measurement stuff which I don’t really feel inclined to do. The biggest inhibition is social pressure and travel. I do it because I don’t like being/feeling hungry, which, if I don’t get hungry anymore, is how I know I’m in ketosis.

Hypothetically if I was fat I wouldn’t bother with any other diet. You’ll drop weight in a matter of weeks, but never eating carbs or sugar is a matter of self control and if you “can’t” (won’t) do that then keto’s not for you.

I tried keto, it was good at clearing mental fog but not quite as good as intermitent fasting or prolonged fasting into intermittent fasting. 500mg of ashwagandha also helps me out enormously with anxiety with no side effects. Also apparently it's rly good as a lifting supplement

Is fucking amazing, Lost 55kg in 6 Months.

Keto works fine if you are able to follow it, a lot of people wanna start it without realizing how many carbs are in the food you eat. Just make sure you are getting your micro-nutrients too, anytime you change a diet that can be a huge issue.

Also don't listen to the idiots saying "hurr durr it gives cholesterol and betus". There are no significant studies showing this, and trust me I fucking looked for them. Only studies regarding the diet show weight loss and energy loss because of less sugar. This fixes itself after a few months.

Fpbp
Keto is a smelly heart attack