/fat/ - Every Day Edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your diet and see your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with
MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

dietarytherapies.com/foods/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Remember to drink good milk

>have a craving
>go to Wendy's
>have a Caesar salad instead of a greasy hamburger and fries

It feels like how it's always been to me, so probably something like that.

>dairy

Do you just do jumping negs? I used to just drop instantly but now can hold myself for 2-5 seconds before slowly lowering. That's only for 1 rep though. All other reps are a fucking write off.
On the bright side, I am 126kg right now, so not expecting too much.

I have also been doing OMAD, and even on "cheat days" or days where I feel like shit and don't wanna eat at deficit, I haven't been going over maintenance. I think I've been doing it since the start of Feb, and it's been great honestly. Makes it way easier to eat what I want, and drink spirits, because I don't have to balance cals over 3 meals.

I’m a nyrfag but I’m still here

25lbs so far this year. down to 227 and starting to notice a bit difference in the mirror

Still fannying around about joining a gym because I can’t decide between cheap and not so cheerful or more posh but oh my god the cost.

5'10
35 lbs to go

Are eggs /our guys/?

People talk shit about eggs, but at 75~ calories an egg you can make some pretty wholesome breakfasts with them.

Should I actually believe the 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight meme?

Yes. Look up research if you don't believe

As long as you're still getting a lot of protein you'll make it either way. 1 gram per pound is just faster.

Personally I find it difficult to eat like that. Eating itself becomes a lifestyle, which I've sort of worked to move away from. I don't want to think about food all of the time.

Does start of November count as nyrfag? It had nothing to do with new years for me, and still doing really well.

I've noticed my manboobs getting smaller but they also look different now, one nipple is higher than another. Are they going to even with time? Anyone had the same curse, is it even possible to lose more fat on the one side than on another?

Being a nyrfag is not actually about new year. It's about forcing yourself to do something, cause as much inconvinience to real lifters, losing all of your motivational charge and leaving before your month membership is over.

Oh sweet. I did technically did that, but the gym was absolute shit, and I didn't want to pay for that shit, and can't afford a better gym. Still on diet and lifting at home though.

>trying to ADF
>go to bed at decent hour
>body makes it clear we're not sleeping soon
>do laundry to kill time
>laundry room right next to kitchen
>eat 1100 calories before all is said and done
I'm never gonna make it, /fat/, 1500 deficit or not.

>Weight hit the point where I had decided I'd do something about it
>Start autisticly counting calorie intake
>consistently 1k below TDEE
Starting to think I'm fucking up with my math somehow.
The way I calculate it is (calories per 100g of ingredient / 100) * grams of ingredient added for every ingredient in a dish, add the result together, then take (combined calorie content / combined weight of ingredients) * weight of portion.
Does this give inaccurate results? Is there a better/easier way of calculating calorie contents of a dish?

>going through all that effort
>notj ust doing keto

I've considered keto, but the weight loss from it seems too drastic to be healthy on the long term.

*per pound of lean body weight
Don't count your non essential fat weight, you can pretty much go off of estimates, so I'm 70in tall so my LBM is about 165-175lb, so I shoot for that many grams of protein, not 240lb which is how much my fat ass weighs.

Just use MyFitnessPal

I've read the sticky but I'm retarded so I'm hoping you guys can help. What's the point of knowing what my TDEE is?

Your math is good, just use a calorie calculator to do the calculations. If you're not eating the portions all by yourself, you introduce error since ingredients may not be evenly distributed.

If you have actual, non-watermemed issues with the weight changes, what's off is either your TDEE or the calories per ingredient data you're working with.

>small bathroom
>stand in front of mirror
>wide hips, narrow shoulders skinnyfat
>mirror in the bedroom allows me to stand a little bit further and see my legs
>narrow waist and wide shoulders

Wtf? How do I get accurate image if my body? I swear to God at this point I have no idea how I look like

So that you know how much you can eat to stay at your current weight and how much to cut/add if you want to lose or gain weight

Eat less than TDEE -> lose weight. Eat more -> gain weight. Assuming TDEE and caloric intake known with perfect accuracy.

/fat/ is consistently the best thread on this board ever since that guy stopped posting mspaint drawings of his daily runs

how do I survive keto, anons

Thanks anons. I've been eating 1200-1300 cal so far, but that's good to know for the future.

people do it for about a decade~ and are fine

how dont u survive? assuming you make it past the first week

I don't know what to eat, I'm afraid I'll starve myself because I'll find it to be better than falling back to carbs which I'm surrounded by

Is it possible to do keto on a 1200-1500 calorie diet without my overall health being shit?

Find a six feet long copying machine and scan yourself.

if u starve a little thats just fasting so no big deal anyway

just stock up on a lot of keto food and eat whenever to not starve

do you mean eating out? no idea what to do there friendo

it's possible to do keto on a zero calorie diet if ur fat enough

>do you mean eating out?
nah I just mean what to eat in general. Any decent list of keto food or other resources I can look up? I'm hesitant on just reading and believing every '''fitness news''' article out there because of the overall quality of journalism in the recent years

dietarytherapies.com/foods/

thanks

Why would it count if it had nothing to do with New Years and you're still here?

You don't need keto. I'm 15 pounds from goal and in a normal weight range and I've done neither keto or fasting. Patience is the most important thing.

Not to shit on people that do either but I'm tired of them telling people it's necessary to make it.

I've never finished a week without at least one candy/chip etc. eaten, but now I did. I didn't put a single bad thing in my mouth for a week, feels fucking awesome.

I'm gaining weight on keto.

Grats! Now go for a month.

Why do i need to eat "good"? Im reaching my calorie goals just fine and am satisfied

Also how important is potassium lol

Micronutrients, mainly.

>Why do i need to eat "good"
so you can lift better

Why not bros?

Why did that link not work

Basically don't eat until you're no longer a fatass. Your body was designed for it.

Fasting is a pretty specific tool to lose weight. I’m sure some people cross over.
Fat has room for all kinds of different people and methods.
I’ve done both traditional calorie counting and fasting and found both to be equally efficient in losing weight.
At some point it turns from a more acute need to lose weight to a plan and lifestyle for the rest of your life. That’s when people might have to make a choice.

I SLEEP IN LATE
ANOTHA DAY
OH WHAT A WONDA
OH WHAT A WASTE

because I might as well set up a decent eating habit while losing weight as well

>it's just calories in, calories out, breh

Thanks bro!

I've got back on the wagon this last couple of weeks, started losing weight again. I'm getting fuck-awful trapped wind since I went back to eating loads of veggies though, it's extremely painful (for me)

you're a big guy, I'm sure you can handle it

>mfw I'm having an uber craving and barely holding it together

It's way simpler than most people make it out to be,
Just start with
Meat
Salad/veggies
Eggs
Hot sauce/condiments
Cheese (high calorie)
Nuts (high calorie)
Salsa, burrito bowls sans beans are ideal

That's an easy core starter list that anyone could be satisfied with once they starve the first wave of carb-hungry gut bacteria

So you punched your self in the face instead of shooting your self.

Watch is too loose
Belt on smallest notch
Trousers slipping down

It’s going to cost money to fix all this... do I wait until I’ve lost a lot more to buy new clothes or bite he bullet and spend

It literally is.

I'm waiting til I hit my goal, I figure the wait will make ditching the clown pants and tent shirts even more satisfying

Do you have second hand shops or H&M nearby?
You can get a pair of trousers for ~€25 at H&M for instance.

I can't take this anymore lads, I've been at this for 3 months, dropped >20lbs (at 175 down from 200~/h=6'3) and look much better but I can't sleep for shit anymore, I get 2-3 hours sleep a night with constant interruptions and dread going to bed, never had this problem before cutting. I am also so damn cold all the time. Is the 1/2 week break thing a meme or could it actually help my motivation, sleep and energy levels? I want to get down to 10% bf (at around 15 rn)

Buy a new belt at least. If your trousers are so loose they're looking ridiculous you should buy an inexpensive pair or two.

I've got to lose half my body weight from where I started, I'd feel too embarrassed to look like I'm swimming in my clothes because I wanted to be thrifty.

do 50g carbs after first week not 20 otherwise it's impossible, that way I can still have milk and sugar in my coffee in the morning which is my only motivation to get up

It might do for a stop gap. I’m looking forward to being a regular weight and buying some really nice clothes like a bespoke suit

any fatlads doing C25K? Just finished my first 20 minute run and it feels amazing, never thought i could do this after only 6 weeks. i combine the running (3 days a week) with lifting (3 or 4 days a week) and high proteine- low carb diet. lost 3kg this month (20kg overall since january 2017)

I’ve been consistently eating my TDEE for a couple months (not trying to lose weight, just maintain) but yesterday I went over by 450 calories. This morning I was three pounds heavier. How much of it is non-fat weight? I did lift heavy on my pull day, so could any of it be muscle too?

this sounds familiar. luckily i have some smaller clothes from previous failed diets ('I don't fit this but I'm keeping this as I'm going to lose 10kg soon!'). I have to throw away almost all of my shirts as they're too wide, will buy a few cheap ones until i reached my target

are you retarded? honest question

Milk is not for fatties.

slightly :(

Staying out in the sun too long
over excising
eating high sodium products

all of the above can make you retain waterweight + muscle gains + overeating + weighing yourself after a meal/ inbetween bowel movements/after consuming lots of water or coffee can all give random readings.

>one week into keto, have tested pos for keto 5 days now
>thought it only took 10 days of being in ketosis to get fat adapted
>read online it can take anywhere from 2-4 fucking weeks

Why the fuck? This shit is so gay.

I'm waiting for this shitty weather to clear up so I can try and start, kinda excited

>300 cal oats breakfast
>200ml of soup for lunch
>already burned over 1000 cals and another ~500 waiting to get burned
>no low carb foods in the house
is this what hell feels like

>thinking keto means you dont have to watch your calorie intake

you dont if you arent a hog

no one else get these sleep issues?

only on low carb

metabolism reset is a meme unless you are a anorexic female who eats 200cals a day

And if that person is gaining weight on keto, what do you think that means captain obvious? Take your room temperature IQ and unneeded comments and kys.

Just calculated my TDEE, it says 2740, is it good to go at 2250? My own thoughts were to go at 18-1900 since i'm fat now but used to be thic. so should i stick with the the TDEE -500 or just do like -800 cals or something?

You don't gain muscle at the same rate you lose fat. If you're talking over a period of years you will get to a point where your weight stalls due to your muscle increase but not over a week period and you better have showing abs if you're at that point.

Calculate it again with sedentary exercise. Don't want to get your TDEE wrong and not stragetize how to eat and end up not losing anything.18-1900 is still plenty of food as long as you're eating the right stuff.

even then it's a meme, i'd argue that it's easier to fast than eat 200 calories a day though - especially if you eat any carbs in that 200 calories.

t. anorexic female

I'm not sedentary tho, i bike 20-30 min to gym when i go lift, and that's usually around 2-4x a week. Lost here lmao tfw got fat

Still doesn’t mean you should in any way trust what those TDEE calculators think activity equates to. Always choose sedentary unless you are an actual professional athlete.

that only works for some user, because some people can't keep steady ketosis at higher amounts, my threshold is high 20s to low 30s any higher and I feel it drop for me, so I keep it roughly under 20

its not wrong, took me 5 weeks but was well worth it, and once you're in it for a while getting back can be much easier. just keep going and don't be a little bitch user

15% bf is fine to take break on I reckon, couple of weeks max

from drinking more water need to piss more yeah

why am I so hungry all the time?

what are some tricks to avoid snacking? an anorexic girl told me to make it a rule before snacking that I have to drink a liter of water and do exercises (for her it was X amount of jumping jacks or something).

Is there any way to get fat adapted faster? For example eating less calories or consuming more fat with a lower carb to fat ratio?

Im trying to do intermittent fasting, eat only at night.
But i only have free time for gym early in the morning.
Is there any problem aboutbto going to the gym while fasting?
Are stuff like faintness and loss of performance factors?

Cool, thanks for the advice bro.

Opinion on PHUL? for routine?

ahhh my guts hurt fuck cabbage

They certainly can be, but some people feel they perform better while fasting.
It really purely depends on what works for you..