Symmetric Strength Thread

>NYR here
>2 months in
>Almost fully blue

I know i'm still weak but it feels so good being close to hitting an early milestone.

Can't wait to start seeing some teal
If we don't give up, we can all make it!!

Any other nyr anons still at it?
If so. Hows progress going?

What website is this ?

symmetric strength

lmao

Still hanging on, think I fucked up my knee though. Kept giving it more rest, 2 days, then 3, now I'm going to try a week, I also bought wraps to see if that'll help.

hang in there user.

my legs are lagging behind due to pain while squatting.
I had to rest a few days, deload, and then fix my form at a lower weight. Still trying to be super careful while squatting.

also what type of knee issues?

Mostly just in my right knee, I don't want to fuck with it too much, but a sharp pain during certain movements below the patella.

Or maybe to the lateral side of it, it's hard to really pinpoint the pain

hmm thats not good.

Wondering these things
- do you do warm ups before full weight?
- is the pain still there after you rest and then deload 25%
- whats your squat form like? Ass to grass? sumo? (I had to stop at 90 degrees and fix my stance to be more narrow to get rid of pain)

Just some thoughts. Good luck and hang in there.
even if you have to stop progress on legs for a bit don't give up.

also how heavy are you?

I do 5-10 min brisk uphill treadmill
Then 2x5 bar
1x5 95lb
1x3 135
1x2 165
Then my work sets of 175 which I got maybe 1-2 sets of 5 before I had to stop. I tried and the sharp pain made me bail the bar into the rack, so I rested my knee for 3-4 days and tried again when I didn't notice pain anymore. Then I tried going lighter and with more warm up, up to 135lb for sets, but stopped after 2-3 sets because I could feel my knee acting up, so I went home and RICEd it.

260 down to 240lb now, I started at bodyweight squats, then to bar and did SL progression until about 165-175 when I started to notice problems.

down 20lbs nice work!
are you still losing weight? More weight lose won't hurt the situation. It will decrease the total load on your knees when squatting

I would go easy on legs and rest up your knee until its fully heal or close to it.
Its not worth turning into a life long annoyance.
175+240 =415lb on that knee

>are you still losing weight
trying to, I figure since I can't do squats, and don't really want to test it on leg press, I'll do more cardio in the meantime. Elliptical doesn't seem to bother it much at all. I'll probably just wrap my knees and do DL and OHP on the same day, most everything else I can do without much issue.

I like rows!

goals right there. post stats

Good luck bro, keep us updated

I'm doing SL too.

6'1
220lbs

Goin' on 4 months in.

My bench is shit tier still.

Oh well, we're all gonna make it brahs.

>Oh well, we're all gonna make it brahs.

thanks bro

watch out chad coming through

Same. Something tells me 3x5 bench isnt enough. It's been stalling for a while now as my other lifts shoot up.

if i get to teal mode and then cut will it be enough mass to look decent?

or will i look like a skelly?

Teal after the first two month coming through. Thank you Rippletoe

*record scratch* *frame freeze*

yup... thats me

>untrained squat
How the fuck do you only squat 72 kg
When I was 16 (18 now so not underage b&) and skelly mode, having never worked out I squatted 70 kg

I started working out when I was 17, I "worked" with 80kg at 5-6 reps. its all a matter of form. I squat very slowly and very deep. I can lift a lot of weight at the leg press machines but I know these don't count. Anyway, I started working on squats again after a break of 4 years, 2 months ago i could only do 40kgx6 reps and now i can do 60x6 so i guess thats an improvement

Training 6 months.

Improved somewhat on the squat but i'm still not at 100kg x 10 x 3 so who cares

Started on the 13th January. Haven't been able to do squats properly yet due to weak knees from years of being bedridden

Fug forgot pic

This is me now

dam what happened?

also don't give up and you'll make it with the rest of us

Being 5'10 and 260 this thing always tells me my lifts suck but I rarely see better at my gym bros.

If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending

>symmetry score 29
Fuck I wish this was a joke

how much do you weigh?

hashimoto's + fibromyalgia + breaking a bunch of bones in an accident.

Gonna stick with it now my conditions are more under control.

answered here

in before london

ahh man
best of luck. I'm rooting for you girl.

thank (you)

chad coming through

Been bulking for a month now after a year and a half long cut. Feeling good about my stats

Lol forgot pic

Got my first bit of green. Feels good

post body? i'm all teal but with novice delts

Started my membership mid-feb so not a NYR fag but those numbers are impressive af after just 2 months, user. keep at it.

4 weeks into starting with just the bar

Lol sorry, too much a fat ass/shy to do that. Nothing looks that impressive

heh

Switched to nSuns, so I'm not putting my numbers into Symmetric Strength until my Training Max is at least as high as my former best sets. Should be next week.

Four months lifting. All I can do is rowing
>pls kill me

yes. wasnt exactly nyr but things lined up at that time so i started lifting. Ppl 6x a week, usually skip the second leg day bc of hangover or work. Strength gains not as good as id like them to be but thats bc of ppl program anyways. Diddy 2.5 plates 1x5, ohp 0,25plates 5*5 couldnt even do the bar when i started, bench almost 1plate 5x5. Feeling good feeling great, no stopping now. Also finally put on some weight after going gomad, being a skellyfag all my life, this couldnt make me happier

Bump

Damn my progress is way slower, I guess that's because I'm not a fatty

Started lifting Jan 24th when my home gym equipment arrived. 87kg bw, turbo lanklet >2m. Already squatted my first 100kg, deadlifted 133 and The Pressed 55 but all of that is just novice, meh. Apparently 80kg incline bench is intermediate though, top kek.

Started 2 months ago

Keep it up dude.

3 ain't enough man you need 5

Started January 15th after a long hiatus of not lifting. Prior to the hiatus I had lifted on and off for about 5 months between late 2016 and early 2017 doing it half assed.

Taking it more seriously this time and making great progress. Already beat my OHP and Bench PR.

Note that my overall score is hindered by my Incline Bench and Sumo Deads because I don't go anywhere close to my rep maxes. They're my lighter Tier-2 lifts meant for improving my main lifts.

I am willing to bet your form on the Pendlay row is garbage and you use momentum generated by your back to help get the weight up and also not touching your chest with the bar on each rep.

Date in file name. Haven't made any significant gains because started a cut.

Started lifting Dec/2016, had a 4 month hiatus last autumn because of injury (accident at work).

Also, was cutting for a long time without actually losing weight because had free lunches at work and ate a lot, not necessarily the best food tho (low protein, low nutrient-density, high carb, sometimes high fat, also free pastries were served with coffee 3 times a day, didn't usually eat more than once a day). Now free lunches are over and I'm actually going to make some progress.

I think the 1rm formula used to score you might be off for pendlay rows since it's more power than static strength

Finally getting to fucking blue zone. Been lifting and eating consistently since about mid january

>Finally
You're 5-6 weeks in, gains don't come overnight my dude. Keep up the good work but don't expect miracles.

-57 is good right guys?

What makes you think so? I'm not the guy but when I used to do bench press and Pendlay row they were pretty much the same weight. He's a bit weaker than me on every lift, but his Pendlay relative to his other lifts is about similar to mine. And my form is very strict, because I'm a bit autistic about form, range of motion and doing paused reps.

Lifting for a year and 2 months
Looks pretty good for 4 months

I make the bet because pendlay rows are probably the easiest movements to cheat on. Especially since he's a newbie lifter, he might not have a full grasp on how important strict form is.

>Tfw finally getting blue
>Tfw technically I've been lifting for 1.5 years (although my rutine was shit for the first year) and started from being subpar
>Tfw need to cut now so progress will probably stall
I'm gonna make it even if you all tell me I'm a slow faggot

Keep at it slow faggot

i'm still dyel

This is my swim body, I'm a free sprinter

Wooofwoof, riding my bike makes me leggys go wild.

Could be true. However, judging from my own lifts, I see nothing remarkable about his row. I actually tried both Pendlay and bench today after a long while and did 7x80kg bench (after 3 sets of OHP) and 2x5x90kg Pendlay (after 3 sets of weighted chins). For comparison, my first chin-up set was 6x25kg at 88kg bodyweight.

keep it up. i was able to go purple man in 5-6 weeks

those are some nice blue tits
no homo

yeah its like golf, negative scores are better

lifting about 3.5 years

Training for 2 weeks. My bench press really needs to progress.

almost full purple in 2 weeks?

that took me a full month desu

nice work
I don't think i'll ever be able to get any yellow
stalling hard on getting to teal

Should i just cut and have aesthetics?

seems like a board full of dyels

Not everyones an anorexic like you. My first day of lifting ever I was already teal everything.

Feels great to have normal fucking genetics and not be a manlet soyboy faggot lmao

You look better than me but why are you weak as piss?
pic related

probably because my form is better and I don't lie about my numbers

Lol ur funny

roids or sub 6 feet

you dont get that big by being only "proficient" assuming you're a fully grown man and don't take hormones

5'10 188
those 2 inches of height are really transformative for my physique huh

It really does champ

user... I think you have gyno...

4+ months in and im all blue. it sucks. only bench 165x3

I'm sure if I was 6' I would be a twig

cope harder lanklet

>symmetric strength
This website is bullshit. How come it didn't ask for my height? That's an incredibly important stat. What criteria is the site using to choose people to compare me against?

Ah so the male model workout i see