Do vitamin supplements actually work or is it just a big scam?

Do vitamin supplements actually work or is it just a big scam?

They work if they're something you're deficient in

Not really a vitamin but Melatonin makes me sleep like a rock.

examine.com

agreed
I take xanax and it helps me sleep
Vitamins work

Define "work."

If your body can use a particular vitamin in larger quantities than your diet provides, then they will "work."

If not, then there will be at best nothing gained and at worst you destroy your liver by mega dosing Vitamin K and TYVD has your soul suck his cock for all eternity.

>I take xanax and it helps me sleep
t. drug addict
You're not supposed to take that shit all the time, it's addictive as fuck

>Xanax

You're an idiot. You shouldn't even take that for it's intended use.

From childhood on, Scandinavians get a spoon of fish oil every month that has an "r" in its name, so all but May, June, July, and August. The winter months are basically all night there, so without Vitamin D people would be killing themselves left and right. If there is one thing I will keep in my diet during the darker months, it is Vitamin D.
A German friend of mine thought she depressed for no reason whatsoever, went to the doctor and he immediately wanted to put her on antidepressives. She refused, went to another one, got a blood test and it turned out she had severe vitamin D deficiency due to her being super pale. Her body didnt synthesize sunlight at a rate normal people usually do, so in wintertime, the lack of Vitamin D was even more severe than for the average person. After a week of supplementing with vitamin D pills her "depression" was gone.
If you are pale as fuck, sit in your room all day, or live in an area with long winters, you HAVE to get vitamin D somehow. It will make life worthwhile again. Fish oil, pills, salmon every day I dont give a fuck. Start taking vitamin D, and start taking it now

Its cheap, easy to ingest and does come with tons of benefits.

Ahmed is correct. Always take your vitamin D. 5-10,000 IUs per day in the winter.

ZMA helps me a lot with sleep specifically. Other than that nothing seems do much.

Vit D deficiency rarely has anything to do with eating D.

You can eat as much D as you want but it will do literally nothing if you dont have sunlight that activates it.

People get deficiencies during winter because they don't get SUN not because they dont eat D.

That is the most retarded thing I've ever heard in my life you absolute mongoloid. The sun doesn't activate anything. Sunlight is converted in your skin into cholecalciferol, which you can supplement with Vitamin D3 tablets.

>took melatonin
>mfw it worked great at first but lost effect quickly

You're a fucking moron. D2 =/= D3.

No more replies for you you literally have no idea what you're talking about.

shut the fuck up you idiot. i take vit d as well and the difference is night and day, in the most literal sense. why are you discouraging people from trying it out? 100 pills are like 8 bucks. try it out and see for yourself. take d3

If you live north of Atlanta, during the winter, the sun doesn't even get high enough to provide the proper rays for vitamin d absorption. I can stand outside 24 hours a day and receive no vitamin D.

I think you got that wrong m8. Sunlight is of course great and you should go out whenever you can, but when there is nothing but darkness for almost half a year you have to supplement with pills, fish, oil, seals whatever. All food containing vitamin D is found in the north, and is the only reason why people could survive there. Supplementing with vitamin D3 will have a huge impact on your well-being, especially if you live very far up North. That being said, everyone ought to supplement vitamin D3

Better absorbation with vitamin k

>tfw melatonin requires a prescription here, and docs won't prescribe it more than a month

if it raises melatonin one day, body balances out the next, take it max twice a week, and only 3mg

>From childhood on, Scandinavians get a spoon of fish oil every month that has an "r" in its name, so all but May, June, July, and August. The winter months are basically all night there, so without Vitamin D people would be killing themselves left and right.
Scandinavian here. What kind of bullshit is this.

yeah I bet you know a lot about eating D, faggot

Im Norwegian and all of my family and friends use fish oil. Danes do it less, but if you live further up north and your parents dont have you supplement vitamin D in the winter, its akin to child abuse in my opinion. Why would you knowlingly deprive your child of something that important?

Shame, if you lived close by, I could an 3/4 full bottle of 200 prescription Melatonin that I don’t use anymore because I found out it had the opposite effect on me.

I'd be really grateful for that. Where do you live, and how much did that cost? One pack with 30 2mg here w/ prescription costs 38 dollars. I fucking love melatonin, I have the nicest, vivid dreams on it.

I’m gonna not be a retard and just say Georgia

Cholecalciferol is D3 you sperglord, not D2

nice try, TYVD

Most Vitamins are synthetically made from petroleum products like coal tar. So they don't really work since your body doesn't quite understand how to process it efficiently.

Your best bet is to get a juicer like a Vitamix and do the greens drink thing. Frozen Kale (Trader Joes), Lemon, Brocolli sprouts, Apple Cider Vinegar, etc but stay away from anything that has sugar like apples, juices and so on.

twat alert

For the most part it's just a scam. Some are proven to have a positive effect IF you are actually deficient. Taking supplements just on the off chance you might have a problem with some nutrients is literally retarded.

Also there's good scientific evidence . Read up, get tested and then go from there.

Really depends. Most are only good if your diet is deficient, so getting it from food is preferred.

Shit I always use though
>creatine
>fish oil (because I don't like eating fish)
>vitamin D3
This week I'm getting ashwagandha and Citrulline Malate, so I'll see how those work. Has anyone here tried Beta Alanine? How it helped much?

I bought a packet of beta alanine about 2 years ago. I still have no clue what the fuck it does

LOL Denmark is the largest consumer of ssri in the world. Fuck you on about?

My daily supps are

3000 mg Pumpkin Seed Oil
2400 mg Saw Palmetto
10,000 mcg Biotin
1 Generic Hair, Skin, Nails tablet
1 Multivitamin with Probiotics (Only cause they were cheap af going out of date
200mcg Selenium
1 5.5mg Drop of Iodine (Gonna be cycling this on and off, or maybe switching to every other day, or 2x week)

>creatine
>fish oil (because I don't like eating fish) >vitamin D3

These 3 and eat real not processed food is all anyone need

>no magnesium for vit D absobtion

Makes your skin feel tingly. That’s all. It’s added to supps to make you feel like something is happening.