How do you tailor 5x5 for you?

How do you tailor 5x5 for you?

I would recommend actually training your arms

You do barbell exercises for 5 sets of 5 reps. Idk what’s so complicated about that?

I pick thing up, then I put thing down.

It's a great routine, but it's not the perfect routine for everyone for every goal in mind. There's ways to modify it for people who focus on different things.

You make changes that you think will generate better results for you than the original routine.

add accessories to progressively overload your upper body to avoid the t-rex look. also if I eat a lot when squat and deadlifting frequently, I start to look fat.

bench variation +dips or chins, tri pull down or skull crushers
ohp or row variation +lat pull down, shrugs or raises
squat or deadlift +pull ups, cable curls, farmers walks or hammer curls.

that's me, good pump, feel aight, my back hurts tho.

Only non-brainlet here apparently

5'7 132lbs 13.3%bf DYEL manlet here. I've been doing this for two weeks, the app is great (I paid for the Power Rack by the way, neat features). I simply add chin-ups at the end of each workout since my triceps are so bad I can't do a single dip with good form. Been eating on maintenance to get that body recomposition gains.

Just started 5x5. Probably gonna try adding close grip bench or dips, and maybe curls

If I'm starting from fresh, what % of my 1rm or whatever should I be doing these exercises at?

I avoid deadlift, alternate front squat and back squat, focus on explosiveness in cleans, bench, and ohp. Added some weighted jump squats (about 40% of max), good mornings, kettle bell swings sometimes, and tricep extensions or dips sometimes

>being this moronic

I Do this:

- 25-70 Pull ups, five days/week. I do more on off days than SL days, trying to get some variations in now, like doing them in gymnast rings or grip variations.
- Run on two-three off days
- alternate push ups/weighted dips on off days

- Added three sets of knee raises on stronglift days

5 warmup sets of 5, 5 working sets of 5 at the day's weight. Ten total sets or each lift.
I do not plateau.

3x5 instead of 5x5

H-how big are you?

for the dips just do slow negatives, it won't be long before you can do full dips

>5 warmup sets
>I do not plateau

Don't worry, you will once you start lifting big boy weights

5 warmup sets at what % of your working sets

By not doing it

On bench day you should do pull ups
On ohp day you should do rows
I swear no one on this website has opened a programming book once

then what the fuck do you want to focus on, what the fuck is your question nigger, goddamnit you fucking retard wasting trips

I'll try this, thanks user.

LMAOing at people who only do the main 5x5 workout. Pic related. You'll only look like a t-rex mode faggot while 20 y/o dudebros get swole af

Would 5x5 be good for training explosiveness+strength? Or would more reps like 3x8 or 4x6 be better?

A
3x5 Squats
5x5 Bench Press // OHP (alternate)
2x5, 1x5+ Deadlifts
Weighted pull ups 5x5
Hanging leg raises 3x15
Tricep extensions 3x8

B
3x5 Squats
5x5 Bench Press // OHP (alternate)
5x5 Rows
Weighted Dips 5x5
Bicep curls 3x8
Cable Crunches 3x15

5x5

I don't exactly do 5x5, I just reverse pyramid from my heaviest working weight I can do for 2-5 reps, and then bump weight down each set getting 5-10 reps for volume until I finish my other 4 sets.

I do this for OHP, Rows, Squats, and Deadlifts via upper/lower.
After that, I'll do 5 sets of pull ups superset with dips on upper days until failure, and 4x6-8 on front squats for lower days.

After that I throw in anything else I feel like needs work.

It's been working pretty decently for me desu

5 warmup sets at arbitrary weights, gradually increasing to today's weight by the 5th or 6th set.

Approximately four out of ten big units.

Yeah potentially. I'm almost at 1/2/3/4.

Help me modify it for aesthetics.

Removed squats from one day, replaced them with power cleans. Only highbar squat. Added the dips/chinups accessories as recommended. Do some core work every now and then, curls too, but they aren't properly scheduled as part of the routine.
That's about it.

why would you do that? I do pull ups rows and deadlift in an effort to work on my back. I do shrugs or the behind the neck pull down for my shoulders. lats are a back muscle. and what the fuck is a "day," full body every day, just tend to focus on one of the major compounds for pr's.

>why would you do that?
Generally you want a 2:1 ratio for pulling:pushing lifts to keep your chest and back balanced
What day you do them on is entirely based on your routine. I definitely explained that poorly at first, sorry.
For info better than I can explain it, look up the fierce five routine.
It's given me phenomenal results the past couple months. My focus has been on getting my rows to match my bench though