Rotator Cuff

Do you train it, Veeky Forums?

Should I add weight or just do this excercise as a wam up?

I always do it before OHP, I feel a lot better when pressing after doing those

Light resistance band warmups every single day. Face Pulls take care of the rest. Never had a scare yet

Supine position is superior?

Apparently it's better to do it at the end of your workout rather than doing it as a warm-up. Doing it before can fatigue it too much before you lift and make you weaker and more prone to injury. I don't know how true that is though.

No. If your delts are strong enough the sits muscles will take care of themselves.

I do it after my shoulder workouts with cables following Progressive overload protocol. Your rotator cuff is just a set of small muscles and should be worked as such. I like to do them after because doing them before can actually exacerbate injuries or increase your chances of getting one. Doing them twice a week after your workout can help prevent shoulder injury

I always do it at the end of my workout like in right pic with 5-8 lb dumbells, my delts end fucking burning

But, I do it on my "shoulder" days 2x per week, should I do it 3x per week or stay with 2 days?

>He doesn't know about weak external rotation

2x is probably fine. You could do it 3x of you wanted buy I don't see it giving you much extra benefit.

CT Fletcher puts it in the middle of his workouts. I trust him more than some rando on Veeky Forums.

>trusting a fake natty nigger
Top kek bra

makes some sense I think
it shouldn't matter if you're properly warming up with lighter sets anyway

If I can log press my bodyweight 5 reps I think I'm ok. Stick to your useless memes.

I should clarify. At my novice level, I've never injured myself by doing a little cardio to get my heart rate up then doing warm up sets. No idea what pros do.

Do face pulls, they come with bonus trap and rear delts gains too

haha I always see retards doing this in the gym standing up... do you not have the basic understandings of physics and resistance training?

>CT Fletcher

I just do prone cobras during my pull day warmup

this is absolutely a warm up, don't train it like you would other muscle groups.
that said, you can gently increase weight down the road, just don't go to the threshold of soreness or discomfort. that's a great way to irritate an area youre trying to rehab

Picture does kind of make sense considering gravity and all, but if you use a resistance band or cables you can avoid laying on the floor like a dope.

Lay on a bench

Yea I grab one of the wooden dowel rods from the gym and move it behind my head and back infront of my torso like 20 times while pinching my shoulderblades backwards. Then I do some of the incorrect rotator cuff exercises in OPs pic, so fuck me I guess.

Rotator cuff training is pretty misunderstood. Your rotator cuff is active and thus also trained literally whenever you move your upper extremity. In fact, not only do the regular big exercises also train the RC perfectly fine, they even do so in a manner that's specific to exactly what you need when you include these exercises in your program.

You cannot isolate it in any way (although ER comes close) and there's rarely a need to. The posterior part of the RC ie the teres minor and infraspinatus that people often want to single out are already activated automatically each time you perform shoulder flexion. That means when you do bench presses and overhead presses you're already working this part of the cuff.

Some individuals may benefit from RC "isolation" work simply to improve tissue capacity ie make the tendons themselves more resilient. But I would mainly prescribe this in a rehab setting.

If you're having shoulder problems when lifting, I would address the following things first and foremost:
Recovery & programming
Exercise selection & variation
Exercise exercution

I'd never only give a lifter some random RC exercises and expect to see a meaningful difference.

Should I even bother if my left shoulder makes a weird noise on top of a bench press or shoulder press rep? I have it for months and it never hurts.

This makes a lot of sense. Doing heavy ass rows (on a bench with dumbbells) has improved my posture more than any of the isolation exercises and stretches I ever tried.

It makes sense because it's facts.

all that wall of shit to say:
>Recovery & programming
>Exercise selection & variation
>Exercise exercution
literally no advice at all

Because it depends on the context. Got any specific question?

My regular routine includes (among other things)
>Front Squats
>Snatch, Clean, Jerk
>Pullups
As a result, my rotator cuffs are completely worked via my selection of compound lifts, and I have no need of isolation for them.