Coffee

How do I quit coffee without getting a headache? I currently drink 4-5 cups a day and it doesn't even jack me up. I want to quit so I can actually use it as a stimulant when needed.

Also curious if you've quit caffeine what benefits have you noticed if any? Help me out, Veeky Forums.

having you tried lowering dosage until you dont get headaches?

No. How fast do I taper it?

"Quit" caffeine for the most part about 2 years ago. Was never addicted or anything, I just drank soda a lot and never thought about what it was doing to me. When I first quit I felt great. I only ever had pop, as previously stated, (coffee tastes gross imo) so I don't know when it comes to coffee but I went about a year without caffeine of any sort but nowadays I'll have one soda pop a month IF that and I still feel much better since quitting. I feel more energetic and while I never have had a cavity, my teeth have felt better overall from not drinking shitty drinks. All you need is water and every once in awhile some milk + 2 scoops my dude

How do you even get to 5 cups a day? Do you have a job that requires it or something? If your body felt so low energy to begin with that you needed that much coffee then you should look at getting rid of foods that are bad for digestion and make you tired, i.e., grains, starches, etc.

I just like it. I drink it all morning basically. I don't really have a reason it's more of just a morning habit.

Drink the semen of a coffee addict every morning. The filtered caffeine will be strong enough to not give you headaches and since you're already a faggot sucking dicks wont bother you much.

Take two weeks off, lock yourself in like a hermit doing absolutely fuckall.

I tried to quit for over a year, then got a cold from hell that lasted two weeks and didn't sleep for an entire week, using coffee was useless so I quit. After that coffee was like brand new again, but I didn't need it for energy anymore.

Also, drink a glass of grapefruit juice an hour and half an hour before having your coffee.

10yr coffee addict here. Many, many failed quit attempts behind me. But I have had streaks of no use and I'm down to one (big) mug/day right now gearing up for another attempt.

I'd say reduce by 1 cup/day/week at first. 4 cups max for a week, then 3, then 2. Then you can go slower. If you've been above 2 for long time you can even just stay there until you adjust to it.

Make sure you are making sleep, diet, and gym gains and using no other drugs. You need to be making yourself feel better in other ways as you feel worse from lack of caffeine. It's only gonna work if you feel steadily better through the quitting process.

Seriously, go slow. Maybe 1.5 cups/day for 2 weeks then 1/day for two weeks. Plateau as long as you want, really. Just continue to make general health gains & never increase your use.

We will make it, bro.

You dont "quit without getting a headache." You get headaches and you deal with them until they go away.

Solid advice, user. I will do it this way.

Any idea how long one could expect to have headaches after quitting?

>How do I quit coffee without getting a headache?
You don't. You have to deal with it. Even tapering will give you headaches, probably will prolong your headaches.

Two weeks but all the symptoms of caffeine withdrawal can last a few months.

I had to Google withdrawal symptoms and this shit is much worse than I thought. I feel like a bit of a dolt for doing this to myself. Everyone I know drinks loads of caffeine and I've never heard how terrible it is for you.

>tylenol

I'm at day 14 now. It's miserable.

>I currently drink 4-5 cups a day
How the hell do you even manage this? I can't even consume 1 without it making me anxious and restless.

I guess I've built a high tolerance. Last week I drank two Monsters back to back in the middle of the day and I felt nothing except a frequent urge to pee. I think I've screwed myself up but oddly I don't feel physically bad right now. It seems that is about to change as I fix this mess.

Tolerance.

Congrats, that's how long I stayed clean last time. Hang in there, you will make it. Working out hard as fuck first thing in the morning is a good protection against temptations. The better you feel the less likely you are to relapse. Godspeed bro.

Habit. I can't work without drinking coffee so I end up at around 8 cups to a whole pot by noon.