Night Walks

Anyone else have this hobby? Share stories, your walk routes, what you do when you're out.

I've done a lot to try enhance my experiences on night walks - going through spooky pitch black areas I shouldn't be, taking photographs, listening to audiobooks, music. I haven't been able to get out since the Christmas holidays ended, for me I only really enjoy it after 1am when everyone's sleeping, so it conflicts with any kind of work schedule. I really like street lights and the scenery at night, and it's great to be able to go out and not give a shit what anyone thinks - no one's around to care. Compared to being out in the day when you're too distracted to appreciate how beautiful things are. The only thing I wish is that more places stayed open till 2-3am, so I could get something warm to eat before the trek home. In my country everything closes at 12.
Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EAcNqFTxQPg),
reddit.com/r/nightwalk/
verywellfit.com/night-walking-strategies-3436861
trailwalker.oxfam.org.au/2014/02/five-tips-for-surviving-the-night-walk/
kokodachallengeevents.com/single-post/2017/06/13/7-Tips-for-Surviving-the-Night-Walk
youtube.com/watch?v=RD2vauAle6g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>years ago
>night walk
>got stalk but 3 niggers
>got frighten
>now just do burpees at home at night instead

I really love listening to deep/eery/spacy music at my night walks. I used to do it but work got in the way

I did karate back when I was in high school, and even though it’s (somewhat correctly) regarded as a meme martial art, it did teach me to be super light on my feet, and how to fall without getting hurt. Now I can walk at a brisk pace without making any noise whatsoever, and sometimes it’s fun to practice this at night when it’s dead quiet.

why do you faggots have to ruin everything by giving it a name? three days from now there will be /nwg/ with a pastebin. so fucking annoying
>Louxmaxxxxing
>Mewing
>Olg
>Onion general
Etc
just let shit be what it is without your gay crusade behind it

Anyone like to go deep into the woods at night?

Feels fucking good man, I've been doing it for a couple years now.

I used to ruck 40 35 pounds for 6 miles. I usually saw people going to clubs aka roasties. They would mire. That's about it.

to cold in britbong land
but summer night walks are peak comfy; warm breeze, 'thick' cozy air (?), can wear comy hoodie without melting

Gib ninja walking seegret technique

I take night walks that last about an hour daily when i walk my dogs (german shepherd and golden retriever), i usually listen to Hardcore History or a chill playlist, sometimes chicks like to come and pet the golden retriever.

I used to run at night. Was a mix of comfy, spooky, or inspiring depending on the night. Some nights I would play some classical music with a stary sky above my head. Others I would run in stormy nights while I played metal. And yet some dark nights I would run without music. Those night would always be either comfy or 100% spooky. I stopped doing that around my senior year of HS when I started lifting because I prefer getting good sleep. However thinking about it makes me kinda want to try it some more

Don't have any music to listen to (no cellphone or walkman), but I take night walks very often. One usual path, the short one, is to go to my old elementary school. I walk the whole playground, play in the swings and look at some of the huge firs in the area.

The longer one involves walking in the main area of town and then going up to walk the esplanade built around a small lake inside the city. During the day many people go there to jog or walk their dog, but at night obviously nobody is there.

I sometimes also visit the nearby church ; a really beautiful one and also the one where I was baptized.

Lastly I've visited the cemetery at night twice by crawling under the gate ; one time with a friend and another time alone. It's pretty spooky, but you feel a calmness there, at night, that you wouldn't feel anywhere else.

I used to live in a city in the desert. It was hot during the day, but cooled off nicely at night. I'd take walks around 10 or 11 PM. I'd walk 2 or 3 miles or more, through residential streets, through the local college campus, and around shopping centers. It was almost always nice, quiet, and calm. I really, really miss that.

Welp, now i feel like having a night walk.

Sometimes i get on my train station after the busses stoped working, so i go for a walk home, its really chill since the streets are empty and its a smaller area than average São Paulo, its 11kms only, but it normally takes 1:30 hours to get, since its mostly uphills.

I drink and walk at night. Yeah. It's just as depressing as it sounds. I only stay in neighborhoods though to avoid the police. In order to support my alcoholism without jeopardizing gains, I walk and drink. Yup.

I was a night walker for years. Then I got mugged by a pack of Irish niggers with a switchblade, so I've stopped. Boston sucks for night walking.

>Irish niggers
Potatoniggers really are a plague upon the world. Nothing will ever be as worthy of emulation as the English Gentleman

>inb4 eternal Anglo .

I live on the coast in SoCal so I take beach walks often late at night. Either makes me feel great to be alive or extremely lonely that I don’t go with anyone depending on the night.

Move to some shithole and go full Charles Bronson with it.

damn I live in la and this sounds relaxing as fuck. I'm doing beach walks from now on

Orange County here. It is really relaxing. Especially on the kinda chilly nights

Due to work, I've been relocated to Manhattan since August. Pretty nice to walk during midnight (impossible during last december due to cold).
One of the things I'm gonna miss from this city when leave it's actually my walks.

I am an OC fag...i used to walk down to the cliffs overlooking the beach and smoke cigarettes. There's a particular cliff overlooking the jettys and when there's a full moon it glimmers on the water for miles. It's so beautiful and dark. And the ocean has specks of light, ships and oil platforms, that are eerie when contrasted against the ocean's vastness, and you can watch the boats go out in absolute quiet and hear the bell on the buoy

top comfy

HK expat here

HK is amazing for it if you're ever here. Put on some gym year and go for a jog around Central or soho or wherever, it's great

how do we know where to find the info that interests us on Veeky Forums if we don't give it a name, you faggot

Sounds fuckin dark but I like it. When I had a girlfriend, we used to go Newport and fall asleep on the sand super late at night. Now I just walk on the beach listening to podcasts like some lonely nigger. Oh well

When I lived in the city I would put my kids to bed and then walk the dog by myself when my wife worked nights. He loved the snow, so our favorite was when we would get a nasty blizzard. When the snow is just pouring down, the wind is whipping, and the windchill is -20F, there’s absolutely no one out. I would get all bundled up and we would walk right down the middle of the street and not see a soul. He would bound in and out of snowdrifts and stick his snout in the snow. Now I live more in the country so we will walk through fields or the woods but there was something really cool about the old neighborhood when it was silent and quiet and it felt like you were alone walking through the city streets.

holy shit you are retarded

walk by stepping in a rolling motion around the outside of your foot. other then than, its kind of learning to do it while slow then progressively faster.

Not night walks, but night jogs
>be me but 35 days younger
>jog the same 3 mile route after dark
>as always, the street lights are not on 75% of the posts
>no music because fuck getting snuck up on
>pass the same shitty house 1.5 miles in
>that hideous yellow siding always singes my Veeky Forums eyes
>notice their rusty ass gate is wide open this time
>no big deal-
>ohshitIhearfootsteps
>the sound is like nails on concrete
>massive boofer comes bounding out of his yard with ears forward and hair raised along his ridge
>instincts kick in faster than the door during an FBI raid
>told me to stand my ground
>I unleash a warcry so powerful that R. Lee. Emery woke up with a smile
>the dog halts dead in in tracks
>I continue slowly walking backwards until the doge returns to his lair
>confident in my victory I carry on
>neighbors at least eight doors down are all turning on porch lights and emerging from their houses
>that's odd
>while continuing my route, the reality of what actually occurred finally hit me
>I jumped like a startled grasshopper, soared several inches in the air, squealed like mutha fuckin Tom (youtube.com/watch?v=EAcNqFTxQPg), it woke up several neighbors who had gone outside to investigate the noise, the boofer probably got scared shitless by that and noped back into his yard

There is a park near my house which is frequently used as a gay cruising spot.

I run through it at night and I get better PRs every time since im a cute twink and if I stop ill get raped.

Something friend saw on his walk

>hanging out with mate
>he lives in buttfuck nowhere
>other mate knocks, comes in looking shook up
>you good bro?
>says he parked a few blocks up, enjoys the walk
>walking into driveway (townhouse set up) sees a dude behind mailboxes
>naked and looks like he's cranking it
>he 180s and turns around to take the back way to the house
>as he's walking off, he hears
>YEAH YOU RUN

Glad i dont have to drive to fucking Picton anymore, place was full of stoners.

>not turning right back around to help him finish

Your friend sounds like a fag

walked home in the worse part of new orleans before at night
basically
>groups of niggers wearing red bandanas looking shady
>teens bothering you
people at the gas station constantly wanna fight
>see random slender men looking fags down different streets
>hear random gunshots around holidays

I walk across the Knoxville campus pretty much every night, very cozy. I like to listen to Harold Budd and Guts' theme from Berserk because they make me think of big starry skies, but you can't see any stars in cities. All in all it's comfy

>no car, only form of transportation is bike/walking
>autistic so go to the gym at 2-3am
>Usually have 3-5 police cars follow me around on my route
I'm going at a normal time now and I really hate it. I still get weird looks from patrol cars, no one goes outside in my neighborhood aside from driving to places. I got two police cars pull over and talk to me and a friend of mine who asked me what I was doing and that they'd never seen us before despite me living there for the past 14 years.
>I JUST WANT TO LIVE IN A GOOD NEIGHBORHOOD

what is wrong

same, OP. does anyone else prefer the older style orange street lights to the new blueish ones?

Not OP, but orange, fuck blue light it destroys the atmosphere and shits up the sky.

agreed. the blue/white ones dont have that comfy glow.
also, if any of you are listening to music on you late night walks, dont forget to look over your shoulder every once in a while.

reminder

I do gym Monday through Thursday and Friday have a 3 mile walk where I think about the week. Might have to change once I get my second job though feels bad. Plus it's fucking COLD outside.

I take long night walks with my dog. Snowy days means that it's overall brighter, and you can listen to the howling of the wind.
Moreover, people don't go out, so theres no one. Love it.

Don't worry, we'll make one for you as well - /afltg/ asshurt faggot low testosterone general

they were probably staring because you look homeless

Cozy

Where from? I am also in Orange County, Irvine here

All the good places to night walk are infested with niggers

>Going out at peak nigger hours
>Without a gun

I go deep woods with my dog, ran into few blackheads now have to bring my gun but it gets my adrenaline pumping.

tfw autistic and tip toe everywhere anyway

(You)
Legitimately laughed though

I studied abroad in florence in the past. The thing I miss most are my 2 hour walks along the Arno. Id leave my appartment at midnight and get back at 2:30. There was something truly magical about it when it was cold and the right song came on it just clicked.

A polish Jew under “Anglo”

I used to do this when I was a NEET. Just spacing out, listening to music, exploribg new places, watching the stars, getting stopped by the cops. Even got taken in for interrogation twice because I was wandering the streets. First time it was because someone had been robbing unlocked cars at night a few nights before me in that area and one time they interrogated me 6 hours and locked up for the night because a 81 yo woman got raped in her appt by a stranger. It happened 5 mins before I got taken in and I was the only one in the neighbourhood that was there and seen on cameras. It wasn't untill the granny said it was a chubby foreigner that they apoligized and let me, the buffed white kid, go. Ah good times.

Always veen my thing despite the down talk from family and friends.

It’s peaceful, quiet and in many instances it’s seems you’re alone yet the world is so alive. Add music for better vibes.

>tfw your city’s longest public transportation route is nearly a 2 hour trip.

Does it get any cozier?

Used to smoke pot and night jog.
All to often I thought I was being chased.
Thought I found a body,after jogging back and forth for too long,gave the hand a kick.
Was just a glove sticking out of a mound of landscape scrap.
I don't smoke pot no mo.

I have late night drives if that counts?

>a real human bean

That was a fun read,bro!

Just got back from one.
Next time I'll lay on the horn,maybe you'll hear me being a bean

i love being up before everyone else, comfy as fuck

agreed. pretty soon it'll be another cult like veganism or nofap. people are fucking retarded.

At night,a garden hose on the sidewalk looks like a snake to me,so I also night jump run sometimes.

i work nights and used to take walks like this, but haven't for a whle for this reason. people waking up early and getting their paper will see you and think you're up to no good all the time. very annoying.

i've been followed by someone with a flashlight before at my apt complex, wtf.

I like to go for walks when it's cool out down here (Texasfag)

>throw on hoodie and leather jacket
>toss CZ P01 on in IWB holster
>get the dog and some good creepy podcasts
>walk dog at night around neighborhood park and ponds
>bring some hot tea or a pipe of burley/Virginia

Maximum comfy. Although, some faggot kid tried to rob me two years ago

>be me
>set up just like described above
>about 3/4 of the way through my walk, notice tall skinny kid is aways back behind me the whole time
>he starts yelling at me in the park
>I take my headphones out, wind is coming off the water (I live near the coast) so it's hard to hear
>he's yelling "WHAT YOU GOT!? WHAT YOU GOT!?"over and over
>has his hand in one pocket, balled into a fist and he's dressed unseasonably, basketball shorts and t shirt
>I assume he has a knife because of how his hand is positioned, say nothing and draw my CZ and hold it at my side
>he immediately fucks off
>I walk straight home (stupid, in retrospect)
>turn around as I unlock my door and walk inside
>he's still following me

Nothing ever happened after that, hopefully that dumbass sorted his life out. I had like 40lbs at least on him, my dog which is a boxer/black mouth cur mix, and a fucking gun, and he still followed me. Gf was out of town thank the gods, if she was home and that jackass tried to do something when I got back I would have splattered him all over my front porch.

Other than that event, night walking is indeed super comfy. I still do it all the time.

I did when i was like 17

t. "im so edgy that I automatically have to hate everything that becomes popular"

Boy, do I love nightwalks. I set up this >subreddit just for /nightwalking/ Feel free to sub, content coming soon.

reddit.com/r/nightwalk/

just wrap up warm. Buy a decent coat, I recommend carhartt. Winter walks at 2/3/4am are bliss when you're wrapped up.

Hey Veeky Forumsizens,

The /nwg/ is for everyone who likes to do nightwalks. So share your stories and give tips how you not get beat but by some guys.

Before asking dumb questions read this:

verywellfit.com/night-walking-strategies-3436861

trailwalker.oxfam.org.au/2014/02/five-tips-for-surviving-the-night-walk/

kokodachallengeevents.com/single-post/2017/06/13/7-Tips-for-Surviving-the-Night-Walk

CMON lets do this fags

I've recently gotten into trail running. Well, jogging mixed with walking to be precise. Put my water and supplies in a backpack, find a trail along the river or a nearby creek (plenty of those in PA), run at a brisk pace until I'm tired, then walk for a few minutes until I feel ready to run again. It's so much nicer than running on a treadmill, even if it's a bit harder on the shins.

I would love to go drunk-walking with you, bro. We should form a club or something.

it's only 4am CMON

i'd consider doing this but there's that serial killer around pittsburgh that kills college age kids by the river so yeah idk

>tfw my best friend and I go on night walks a couple times a week discussing shit like philosophy and life in general

Feels good man

>walking outside to bar
>have to pass through abandoned factory on the way there
>this little shit is there every time and always says "Get out of here, stalker"

reddit.com/r/nightwalk/

>I unleash a warcry so powerful that R. Lee. Emery woke up with a smile

fuckin kek'd

cool dog

Cheeki breeki

i really like walking back from the library around 1:30 in the morning (assuming I have a jacket)

definitely feels like a different world

yall dont have jobs?

naw i always look put together. I was probably wearing levi jeans grey timb boots and a white/black t or some shit

I absolutely hate you, you fucking faggot.

Now I'm going to miss my nightwalks where I used to live even fucking MORE.

Fuck you. :( Muh feels.

i like this thread. super comfy

I thought I was the only one. I night walk in the forest every day, 3.5 miles. I used to walk around my neighborhood but the police will literally harass you so I just walk in the woods because those faggots won't find you in there.

EVERY park is a gay cruising spot.

>DTLA
>bars closing
>tell friend I'm going to be walking home
>still got a bit more in me, half pack of smokes too
>walk through heart of skid row
>all shops closed, streets dead empty, hardly any street lighting
>see two dudes in black on roof of building across the street crouch-running across it, hoping they don't notice me
>every car that drives by you feels life-threatening, no place to hide behind either
>see old women standing at a corner ahead of me, hunched over with large coat
>finally get across the street from her
>"come over here"
>keep walking
>after like 30 minutes finally reach main street and feel immediate relief

Told by friend, who'd lived there for a while, about it and he called me a psycho.

to be honest my man I really don't think they were admiring

Wish i could night walk but I live in London so will undoubtedly get robbed.

Why don't you have a phone or even an mp3 player for that matter?

Music for this thread:
youtube.com/watch?v=RD2vauAle6g

Nah it was pretty funny the first time they just asked me some questions in their car and let me go. The second time was funny af, I got treated harsh and I couldn't stop smirking over the fact someone would rape a 82 yo. And that they really believed it was me just because I was in the area. They didn't even interrogate the granny properly before arresting me. I knew I was innocent I just kept fucking with the cops.

nice dog

You ruck in jeans and timbs?

Fag

Is it wrong that I read it "35 years younger" the first time?

Nightwalking seems to be common amongst Veeky Forums personality-types. I've never encountered another person on my nightwalks, usually go around roaming on fields etc. at night just outside of town thinking about life

Kek

Live in Edinburgh and like to walk from my apartment up to Arthur’s Seat while listening to Burial and similar tunes. Will usually sit at the top and watch the city for a bit then come back down and walk home.

Best is going so you can catch dawn, like pic related.