Sleep Like a God?

Yesterday I was browsing Veeky Forums and this joker said that he sleeps less than 3.5 hours every single fucking night and gets up in the middle of the night and is able to do an intense workout every morning.

I sleep at least 6.5 hours every night and get up at 5:30am everyday and I'm pretty tired. Is there a way to really train myself to sleep like that and need less than 3.5 hours per day? Having 3 extra hours per day would be a life saver for me. I'd basically have another mini life. That seems almost superhuman to do that.

I lift 5 days a week for about an hour. How will it affect my gains if I start sleeping 3.5 hours and getting up at 2:30am and going to sleep at 11pm? That's insane if I'm able to go to sleep that late and get up that early for the rest of my life.

Are we all just lazy fucks for sleeping the full 6+ hours?

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/polyphasic-sleep-schedules-and-benefits-2013-10
youtube.com/watch?v=ZS-SkALrMN8
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4445839/)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>bodyweight
That's why he can get away with it

>intense bodyweight

*Breaths in*

pretty sure you can train your body to work on less sleep. muscle growth also heavily depends on the length and quality of your sleep. dont skimp out, or atleast try not 2

He may have trainned himsekf to do that but it doesn't mean it's good for him. The brain needs about 8 hours of sleep regularly to function properly. The body also needs this in order to recover properly. There may be a few anomalies to these rules but humans did not evolve that way.

edit "cant"

You can't train yourself to sleep less as far as I know. Some people just naturally need less sleep. I need 8.

You can get lean and swole on bodyweight. My best friend does calisthenics and he looks great imho.

it is genetics + age related user

Then how did he do that? He said he trained himself. I doubt he was born sleeping that little easily?

Maybe, just maybe,
>he was fucking lying
Possibly.

Not really.

Some people have a genetic anomaly that lets their body only need 3-5 hours of sleep per night. This has been documented.

I personally have a friend who only sleeps 4 or 5 hours a night, good. I remember him sleeping over during middle school, playing Goldeneye til 2am, and this fucked being up at 6:30 eating breakfast with my family. We're still friends to this day (we're both 29), and he works the graveyard shit for airport security and averages 3 or 4 hours of sleep easily.

OP here. Is there any way you know of someone can train themselves to sleep like that? Maybe I need to drink more water or something or stop fapping?

I'm so curious and want to sleep less but I'm afraid my gains will suffer if I do.

no

Not sure, but I doubt it. I require 7-8 hours of sleep per day. I ha e 2 kids (2 year old and 4 year old). It was about 3 years of getting 5-6 hours of sleep on a GOOD night. I never got used to that shit and would habitually have to take "catch up" naps sporadically throughout the week.

You would think that would have trained my body to function on minimal sleep, but it didn't. Didn't work for my wife either.

On an unrelated note, both my kids sleep through the night now, and I coudlnt be more grateful.

Why don't you just train yourself to need less food? Get sick gains on 300 kcal per day. Just train your body to do it man.

i sleep for 10-12 hours every time i go to sleep, it feels good

The people that actually have that sleep less mutation are extremely rare. If he had to train himself then he doesn't have the gene.

You absolutely need 7-8 hours of sleep every night. It's essential for building muscle and for having a clear mind. A slew of problems come along with lack of sleep, even if they don't seem apparent at first

>Probably did it two nights in a row
>Thinks he "Trained himself" to need 3.5 hours of sleep
>In reality, his body is just producing extra adrenaline to keep him awake because it thinks something is wrong and he is in danger.

That or he is lying. It is really bad for you to get less than 6 hours on a regular basis. You should be striving for 6.5-8.5 if you are a man, and 7.5-9.5 if you are a woman.

NoFap hardmode + NoDrug and maybe. I get down to about 5hrs on a long hardmode streak

Train your body to ignore gravity and you will be able to do those 1000 lbs dydlys and 500 lb thot squat

Had a coworker like that. When talking about it, the guy frankly told me he couldn't sleep more than 4 hours. a night. Never looked tired either. Would workout, play with stock Exchange and then punch in at our better-than-nothing workplace because he wanted to keep himself busy.
Some peoples are just born for greatness

Maybe he is doing pic related?

Arnold Schwarzenegger said he used to sleep 6 hours a night and still does and recommends everyone else do the same even if they're bodybuilding to make time in the day.

Most sleep scientists says 6-8 hours is what's good for the average man. I get 6 hours and feel great and my gains didn't suffer even though 6 hours is an hour less than the 7 I used to sleep.

He said he gets up at fucking 1:20am and sleeps until 10:05pm. Never mentions naps or polyphasic sleep.

I was looking into polyphasic sleep but my schedule won't allow it. Work and commitments get in the way of a nap.

>Some peoples are just born for greatness
>works at dead-end job

I need 9 hours most nights. I guess that's what happens when you exhaust yourself everyday with training, career, a social life, GF and dog.

There’s people who can survive with very little sleep, ”short-sleepers”.

In the thread, some people were saying he probably is hypomanic. He probably does busy things and probably has big goals that keep him awake and obsessed.

Is there a way I can self-induce hypomania? Maybe I need to binge watch gore or find a way to give myself temporary brain damage or something to get manic and stop procrastinating and sleeping a lot?

>self-induce hypomania
>find a way to give myself temporary brain damage
never change Veeky Forums

I've started OMAD and now naturally can't sleep more than 6-7 hours. I even try to sleep in for a couple of hours. Before OMAD, I would sleep up to 11 hours.
Wim Hof mentioned the same thing

I sleep 6 hours a night at most, have for years because I have to wake up for work at 430, but have kids/wife/dogs that keep me up most nights. Your answer is as easy as an alarm clock, and some willpower.

it's possible, but your test will lower

if i don't get enough sleep my lifts suffer a ton the next day.

it sucks

>hey everyone I have kids and my life is made more difficult by it, aren't I super? for those other breeders out there, please give me your sympathy

that or he's on a stimulant like modafinil

He's acting like he's a badass when in reality he is just driving himself into an early grave. If people could really live a healthy life with less than half of the established 8 hours of sleep required by the body to repair itself, do you think they'd bother wasting time sleeping?

Maybe it's just a matter of willpower? Most people don't have willpower to get up on a full 7 hours and sleep 10 because they "have to" when in reality it's easier.

Also how is he acting like a badass? You probably just suck, lmfao. I need 6-7 hours but I think you're just jealous someone else in going to get more successful than you.

>I cannot recognize the nobility of effort

Why are you here?

Does NoFap make you need a lot less sleep? OP here.

In my experience yes, it kicks in once you're established in the long-term hardmode lifestyle, maybe day 30 or so.

Guiz, not even memeing here, 100% stopping ejaculating feels amazing

It’s possible to train yourself to need less sleep. There was a study, and I can find it if needed, where people would take a 20 minute nap every four hours. This equals about an hour and a half sleep a night. It’s brutal when you first start to train yourself, but your body gets used to it and instantly goes in to REM sleep, which is the sleep mode that activates all that good shit you need. You actually get more REM sleep this way than traditional sleep.
I’ll fucking look it up real quick, because I know someone here is going to demand sources.

>Yeah bro chop off your dick!
>You don't need it to fuck, just use willpower!

Better example would be premature ejaculation, retard.

You can cum in seconds but you must use some willpower to hold it back. You're an idiot aren't you? Work in retail?

Sorry, my math was fuck. It’s 120 minutes or so of sleep, which equals about 2 -3 hours, depending on if you do a 20 minute nap or a 30.
businessinsider.com/polyphasic-sleep-schedules-and-benefits-2013-10

Spotted the regard loner.

I no joke sleep like 10 and still feel tired

Well yeah.
I don’t know the science behind it, but excess sleep is just as bad as not enough sleep. The perfect amount is between 6-8 hours, depending on your body.

I dunno, man. I'll try it. I've gone up to 10 because I wake up after 8 and just want more

false. 6+hours is what the brain needs. some even need as little as 3. depends on your nervoussytem and state of body.

Meditation also makes you need less sleep. because it enhances muscle relaxation.

can someone sleep 2.5 hours forever assuming they hydrate, don't FAP, eat healthy, exercise daily, don't stress, and keep busy? I'm going to try to go an hour lower than that guy does to get more time in my time.

Tesla slept 2 hours at most and Trump sleeps 3-4. Maybe that guy is just an unknown genius right now? I need minimum 6 hours or else I literally want to die and rampage.

i doubt it will be good for you.
you need to be healthy if you sleep less. like have a light body and eat healthy and stuff.

i feel like i need less sleep when doing more cardio

I know if you dont sleep enough your test will die

I did this (sort of) in college. I trained myself to sleep 4.5 or 5 hours a night. My productivity was godlike (2 B.S.E. and 2 minors in 5 years), but non-cardio exercise was off the table completely. It'd take me days to get over soreness just from moving into a new apartment.

You can train your brain to need less sleep. I don't think you can physically recover from exercise in that amount of time though

You will never know the joy of holding your first born.
You will never know the joy of pure love a child will bring to your life.
You will never know the true meaning of unconditional love.
You will never know true responsibility.
You will die alone.

My wife talked me in to having kids. Best thing ever. Just shut the fuck up.

Wasnt the guy in that thread making a bateman meme? Taking about sleep at 10:05 w.e. and ‘wake up and do an hour of rigorous calisthenics’

how do they do that lol. Probably liars

Taking anything written in this site srsly

my friend sleeps 3-4 hours. He makes a ton of money in stocks and is an electrical engineer. Just saying to make sure u use your time right if you sleep less. Don't go under 3 hours.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZS-SkALrMN8

Too many brainlets in this thread.
Yes some (very fucking few) people can get away with ~4.5 hours sleep. 3, is highly unlikely unless this guy is like 1 in 10 million. However, I doubt he is as he claims to have "trained" himself, which you can't, not to 3 hours anyway (Check out professor Jim Horne, he suggests a way to potentially get yourself back to 6 hours)
Continuously getting shit sleep will lower your test (ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4445839/)

This is incredibly retarded. A small part of the population has a mutation that allows them to function on 6 hours. If you do now have this then you need 8 and it is incredibly detrimental to your physical and mental health not getting enough sleep.

You dont need less sleep, you need to plan your time more efficiently faggot. Stop coming to Veeky Forums and sucking dick and actually have some discipline

Obviously your friends lack of sleep has turned his brain into mush which explains why he has the job of a monkey

If i go to sleep without setting an alarm i'll normally sleep for 10 hours. Good diet moderately active. I'll even feel tired on 8 hours normally. Whats the problem bros?

Either genetics or you need to start sleeping less. Usually I get by on 6-7.5 just fine but if I get into a 9 hour habit I feel shit on less.

Try to sleep for a multiple of 90 minutes as waking up halfway through a sleep cycle can make you feel groggy.

I cant do less than 10 without being a little tired

Are we just pretending rem is the only useful sleep state? Do you know what deep sleep is?

he took a 1-2 hour nap every day

>tfw kids fall asleep in the car and some asshat comes by in his car blasting loud music and wakes them up

I don't have kids but raised my nephews and I swear this was the most annoying thing, especially with subwoofers

post him

kys