/MARTIAL ARTS GENERAL/

/MARTIAL ARTS GENERAL/
DREAMS OF GOING PRO EDITION

General routine criticism and martial arts discussion with technique questions and unfriendly advice.

Let's get the ball rolling fellow Veeky Forumsghers what's the general consensus on Jon Jones license revocation and fine? Also prove me wrong in saying TJ Dillashaw isn't gonna fuck Mighty Mouse when they fight.

Other urls found in this thread:

jiujitsumag.com/finger-tape/
youtube.com/watch?v=k6sEaVmwPKI&t=9s
brain.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2012/12/02/brain.aws307.full.pdf html?sid=010b634a-f023-430f-8488-2d220d3300f3
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

My fingers are getting rekt from gi grips

Any way to avoid the skin on my knuckles getting grazed? Tape maybe?

You could wrap your hands with boxing wraps just enough to cover your knuckles and secure your wrist if your coach doesn't mind? Have you tried Vaseline?

How many clones of yourself do you think it would take to beat a prime roided the fuck out Mike Tyson in the best alternative timeline where he's born late enough to train in MMA with JacksonWink or TriStar or Team Alpha Male?

This Tyson but 230lbs of roided out anger

Tape. Like pic related and in this article
jiujitsumag.com/finger-tape/

I do it sometimes when one of my fingers get injured, some guys use them all the time to prevent it before it happens. Not a bad idea if your fingers are bitchy

Tips for getting more hip into mauy thai kicks? Struggling consistently throw good kicks

>in b4 practice more
I am

Make sure your back foot spins as you kick

i find it funny that his manager kept saying how he was innocent because of negligence. Dude is a straight up moron

My favorite explanation was when you throw the roundhouse you want the ankle tour standing to be pointing to your opponent and your foot shin knee and belly button should all be in one line. Helped me get my shit together

Ankle your standing on to be pointing toward your opponent* bitch ass typing

They had 8 months to out together a defense and all they came up with was " Why would I cheat? That's not Coolio daddy-o!" Like gtfoutta here with that.

My striking is good and I'm fine in clinch/standing up, but on the ground I am about as scary as a goldfish. Should I bite the bullet and find time for a few BJJ-classes a week, or is there a better way to conquer a weakness like that?

Do you get better at swimming by not swimming?

He got suspended for the wrong reasons, should have been the serial eyepoking.

Now we got a bunch of dumbasses defending half a dozen blows to the back of the head like its fine.

Wtf. Jones actually got a dq for some minor elbows against deafboy.

That nigga's fucked now.
Really wanted to see him fight bork laser

:(

Try practicing your takedown defense and get really good at sprawling. It'll buy you more time to work on your ground game

All you guys training for amateur boxing or MMA, these roadwork routines have really helped my conditioning. please ditch those slow 4 mile runs. What you need are interval runs. Use one of these workouts 3x a week. A good metric is if you can run each of the 800s in 3 mins or less.

You still need to spar though

HAHAHAHA, you're legit hilarious man

Literally maybe 20 or more

/MAG/ huh? I hope this catches on.

I just started training 5 months ago, I take boxing, MT, Savate, and jitz. Go 4 times a week, what about you guys?

Here's a vid of me working a reflex bag. Talk shit to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=k6sEaVmwPKI&t=9s

>training with TAM

I would probably ko a 65kg(basically the requirement to be an "Alpha Male") Mike Tyson with 2 of me.

Reminder to look after your brain

brain.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2012/12/02/brain.aws307.full.pdf html?sid=010b634a-f023-430f-8488-2d220d3300f3

stop dropping your hands

I got a fucking concussion from a sparring session where the guy asked me to go easy and just throw some light shots so we can practice slips and rolls.

Guy decides to hit me with a fucking flying knee to my stomach and then elbows the back of my head.

Why does the sport attract psychos boys?

Couple pointers I have on your boxing:

- try not to jump too much when pivoting, changing directions since you're not in a good position to block/counter when up in the air.
- when you move towards your right, you sometimes cross your foot. try avoiding this since you can lose balance.
- it's a common habit to leave your chin in the air. try to avoid this and keep your guard tight.
- Squaring up too much (0:39). bad for boxing but could be acceptable if you're doing Muay Thai.
- I think your straight left is your best punch
- Your jabs are arm jabs. Try stepping into the bag when you jab.
- Since you're a beginner, i'd recommend keeping your hands up a little higher.

The feeling of power.

Thank you breh.

>it's a common habit to leave your chin in the air. try to avoid this and keep your guard tight.

some people train for this by doing the old fashioned "hold a tennis ball under your chin" while training

>
Yep. I remember my first hard sparring session back 5 years ago. I got clocked with clean left hook. Put a tennis ball under my chin for next 2 weeks lol

god imagine the warrior sons she would give you.

redpill me on kyokushin

>Jon 'Boner-pill' Jones vs. Brock 'The Mountain' Lesnar Rizin, Japan 2018
>no testing, yes roids
Could still happen. Don't give up on your dreams, user

KEK

I WANT IT SO BADLY

Is good advice. Do note with the jab, the step in jab is just one variation. Arm jabs are often good when circling on the outside since you can move your feet and jab independently. Stepping in on a jab limits your movement since you have to plant your feet.

Couldn't agree more with not crossing your feet. Move with your outside leg first so that your feet never cross. Also, consider smaller steps.

With your 1-2, don't extend each arm individually. Punch with your right arm as you're pulling your left arm back. Generates more force, it's quicker, the rhythm is less predictable, whole bunch of advantages really

If you get to the sparring stage, your rhythm is really predictable. You would be very easy to time and counter. Don't worry about it for now, but if you ever get advanced enough it's worth considering

Agree with you as well. Arm/probing jabs are fine as well depending on the context (when circling out, finding range, setting up for another punch, etc). Cool thing about boxing is that all rules can be broken once you've developed enough skill

I've actually sparred a couple times lightly already, kek

Its probably just that you arent flexible enough. Stretch your hips vigorously. I had the same problem.

Only acceptable form of karate.

They kind of touched on everything except one. Relax. You look stiff as fuck in your movements and you seem to tense up instead of just letting your hands go. Part of that is just inexperience and thinking too much.

Its definitely easier said than done since I have this habit as well and it shows during sparring. I can usually tell by how high my shoulders are so I take a deep breath and try to throw my punches instead of trying to punch if that makes sense. Also, I can't tell if you're actually doing this because of the gloves but when you punch don't close your fist until it gets to the target. Keep your hand open then close it on impact or a little before and return to open when you pull it back. It lets you punch faster, keeps you from tensing up, and wastes less energy.

>please ditch those slow 4 mile runs. What you need are interval runs.
As we have seen in Mayweather vs MacGregor.

Most of you guys are completely retarded. Real talk.

>Talk shit to me.
Get a real bag.

You're too stiff and too afraid to fully commit on a punch because you don't want to ruin your furniture and I completely understand that..

>redpill me on kyokushin
Like all japanese Karate forms, it's watered down from what it was originally. They won their fights against those Muay Thai champs mainly by Judo.

>>/asp/

When is it too late to start

Tomorrow

am i not training hard enough if i dont get this? i got it on my right index and the knuckle felt dislocated or somethin for 2 weeks but most my injuries were from skin scraping. and im one of the "tough giy" white belts. you know.. muscle it too much... learnt not to recently though. /blog
also
>what to focus on when muay thai sparring

doesnt belong here take it to /sp/

Considering to start something useful when I move back to my eastern eu shithole, where everything is cheap.
I will do:
More archery, fencing or other european swordfighting.
Nonetheless I want to do something hand to hand, which will give me good self-defense skills.

Any ideas? Krav-maga? Did Defendo for a year way back but I'd like to do something with sparring preferably.

No ching chang chüng.

WHY DOESNT IT HIT HIM IN THE FACE REE

laughing my fucking ass off

What's that thing called

What are good youtube channels/sites to learn about martial arts, conditioning etc? I'm gonna learn mt/kickboxing, I want to get a good idea what are the basics and how to train. Im doing fbw 3x week, would conditioning in the morning be hurting my performance in the evening mt class? I want to make a good progress in fighting but don't want to sacrifice working out because I still have newbie gains to reap