/owg/ Olympic weightlifting general

Number 25

I’ve got no links edition

Other urls found in this thread:

roguefitness.com/dowin-weightlifting-shoes-black-white?gclid=Cj0KCQiAw9nUBRCTARIsAG11eidpEGLY8kbu3ilMAuvi8tqVy16CA7nzVdGEOEgHPRBdecYAQHLdlgEaAgaqEALw_wcB
usalimitless.com/collections/limitless-apparel/products/limitless-power-shoe
youtube.com/watch?v=cbuFgADhdBw
wilfleming.com/weightlifting-program-for-beginners/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=VJaVtOl3Qbk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=PdyH4m9gEwo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I didn't post in the last thread, but I did lurk a bit.

I'd just like to mention that there's something extremely fun and rewarding about being ballistic with heavy weight and catching it in a power position. Perhaps those who haven't attained the level of skill required for that state of flow won't know what I'm talking about, but that, to me, is why I weightlift.

There's this obsession that if it's not the most efficient route for some end (which is projected), it's pointless or inferior. But this neglects that the lifts themselves /are/ the end.

It's some kind of naive, immature inability to comprehend a difference in goals and some need to assert that /your/ goal is superior, which is absurd given how subjective a goal is.

tl;dr: i weightlift because it's fun not because of some value system of hyper-optimization you're projecting onto me

Nice blogpost

recommend me shoes boys
my crappy chinese pair are falling apart so I want to get myself a decent pair

Balls

My next pair

roguefitness.com/dowin-weightlifting-shoes-black-white?gclid=Cj0KCQiAw9nUBRCTARIsAG11eidpEGLY8kbu3ilMAuvi8tqVy16CA7nzVdGEOEgHPRBdecYAQHLdlgEaAgaqEALw_wcB

How do I squat like that

>heavy weight

t. Sub 200 lbs C&J

I have these:
usalimitless.com/collections/limitless-apparel/products/limitless-power-shoe

They have been working well for me so far. I actually bought them at the USAPL National meet, but they didn't have a size 10 in anything except purple, so I ordered a less embarrassing color, being told it'd probably be 6-8 weeks to get the shoes made and sent to me.

That was October 14th. I got the shoes January 3rd. The guy with Limitless I was emailing about what was taking so long said the manufacturer was having delays, whatever the hell that entailed. The point is, if these interest you, maybe check to see if they have the pair you want IN STOCK before you order, if waiting a full quarter is a problem for you.

The shoes themselves have served fine since I got them.

What did she mean by this

You're all weak autistic larpers

Projection

I am interpreting it as she uses her middle finger for self love

I don't think it really matters much, romaleo 2s are nice and probably pretty cheap by now

I have no idea what slef love is.

If she meant self love, then she's saying that she doesn't want to feel bad about being a self-centered and selfish bitch all the time.

Guys.

Ex powerlifiting-mode fat ass fatass here, trying to get into oly master race.

How in the shit am I meant to program this shit?

5x5 leaves me too tired to do anything, getting higher reps means I never put any usable weight on, and doing 3x2x1x1x1 just feels like I am maxing out every session and making no progress.

I am trying a lot of stuff each session, so I have an hour or so doing just snatch related shit, OHS, balances etc, but I can't seem to find a good routine to work.

Any advice?

most programs will work off 4-6 work sets of 1-3 reps for classics. You can go higher volume for squats and pulls but most of the same rules tend to apply re: fatigue management between and during workouts.

As a general rule, program the technical stuff first, followed by less technical but still explosive, followed by strength, then BB.

e.g.
muscle snatch 4x2
snatch 6x2
snatch pull 4x4
rows
abs

Bump

Sorry for english, what is BB?

How's this?
Snatch 3x5
PSnatch 3x5
OHS 3x4
Balance 4x3
Pull 2x5

If you already have strength focus highly on technique

See
>most programs will work off 4-6 work sets of 1-3 reps for classics
Dont do 5 rep sets on the snatch.
BB is short for bodybuilding

I am trying.
Right now my total is just 90/50.

Thank you.

So you practice getting technique right more by doing a rep, making sure you are rested, then correcting what you did next rep, rather than repeating it right away?

I know I should´ve read the sticky n stuff but can any of you recommend a most basic oly program?

I finally finished my technique preparing and wanna start.

I guess there is no 5/3/1 training scheme like powerlifting has.

Bad

Most basic oly program?

Get a coach. Cookie cutter programs work for PL, not that well for WL.

Hmm seems good, seems good, I li-
>AMRAP
Into the trash it goes.

I would like to get into olly lifting but I'm not sure if I should look for another gym or just buy my own equipment and do everything in the back yard.

I feel like not joining an oly/pl gym would rob me of learning from other people in person.

Looks good but how do I run this program exactly?

Each row = week?

or is it each square = 1 week
with the 4th square deload week?

>Deadlifts
>No hang variations
>No power variations
>No block work (especially for jerks)
>Not taking into consideration your tech weaknesses
>Too much pressing (this kind of frequency fucks up your lockout positions)

Why powerlifters want to create their own shit for weightlifting?

I helped the design part of it, not that part

It’s a 3 day alternating day, with a gpp day

It’s a beginner routine

And fails at it. Powerlifters shouldn't act like they understand programming for weightlifting. This is why most beginners suck ass for years instead of months.

And this is why noodle arms fail at getting past a 100kg snatch and 140kg cleans and jerk. And those are generous numbers.

Pro and cons to his page ?

Pros
>promotes wl
>has technique break down videos
>denounces memes

Cons
>does not know how to program strength
>regurgitates Quinn info
>has shitty click bait titles
>regurgitates jts info
>faggy crossfit attitude

youtube.com/watch?v=cbuFgADhdBw

You already told me that you are a powerlifter who doesn't understand weightlifting.

70s big transition to weightlifting program (4 days a week, 45min to 1 hour workouts) or Dan Johns solid beginner program (3 days a week, 1.5 hour workouts)

wilfleming.com/weightlifting-program-for-beginners/

opinions?

Good week so far.

Hit a five kilo PR in the squat. 140 now.

Hit 74kg power snatch from blocks, which is one kilo away from my snatch PR.

90kg power clean from blocks. Equal to my power clean PR.

Feels good to finally hit the right positions as well as seeing some strength gains.

And many Russian and Chinese coaches will tell you that when your tech is good but your lifts start to suck it’s time to gain some strength.

>I posted a atg vidoe your argument is invalid

Lol, what’s your weight and Maxes

So I´ve been reading into the big transition program ( since I come from powerlifting ) and I have a question about the Snatch/CJ rep schemes:

>The “baby phase” will have you working up to five singles

What does 5 singles mean?

5x1 ?

>shoulders aren't strong enough to load snatch weight
WHICH WAY DO I ROTATE MY FUCKING SHOULDERS? BECAUSE RIGHT NOW IT SEEMS NEITHER WAY IS CORRECT.

Any Bulgarians here? Does anyone know a decent gym in or near Varna?

Go t bed mate, it's fucking freezing.
Also, borovets has good gyms, more boxing but ive heard a few open arena ones.

I do 5x5 at 80% cnj

Am I Bulgarian yet?

'internally'. feel the weight with your back (including lats), not so much the delts. Make sure your triceps or locked out

would puke

I would add to the cons that he has literally no idea about technique, his own form is truly atrocious, and he's basically a beginner to the sport so everything he says has a massive grain of salt

That’s 5 jerks every set?

Say guys In my routine I practice jerks one session and on another I’ll work up to a maximal single once a week; then do some back off sets push press. Should I instead do some back off sets of jerks?

Can I be strong and poor as fuck? Like.. $50 a month in food poor.

depends
if you're going light and focusing on extension and lockout, i would put push presses before the jerks as a tech primer
back off with jerks if you're doing jerks
do strength-oriented push presses as a separate exercise

I’m a failure

m.youtube.com/watch?v=VJaVtOl3Qbk

On a plus side I got me a 405 squat now

m.youtube.com/watch?v=PdyH4m9gEwo

I guess I’ll just do jerks, and instead of pushpress ill stick to my ohp.

If you spend those 50$ dollars on gear

now this is autism
although I'll agree that the power variants are fun and legit

literally nothing wrong with amrap for pushups and pull ups

your dip is really deep and really sluggish. make it POP

I was tired

Are weightlifting shoes worth it for a beginner in oly lifting? Was thinking of getting the adipowers.

Depends on if you can be super strict on teaching yourself

It's about a thousand times easier with a coach though

I don't like his voice and presumptive attitude despite his total being nowhere near competitive

Yes, you'll be handicapped by not having them until you get them

Rekttt

Okay. Don't do the oly lifts 5x5, for the love of god.

Generally speaking, you're going to want to do the oly lifts first, before any slow lifts like squats and such, because you NEED your neuromuscular efficiency at its best to get the most out of the oly lifts, while you can grind slower lifts after you're tired if you need to.

To get started and get a feel for what you can do and what you need to focus on, you can break some days down into something like this:
1.) Suitable warm up
2.) Full classic (either snatch or C&J)
3.) Some partial or power version of the classic in step 2
4.) Slow Lift For Strong People (Squat, deadlift, OHP, push press if you prefer, etc)
5.) Some accessory/bodybuilding exercise.

One day do Snatches and related things and squat, next day do some clean and jerks and related things and deadlift, and so on.

OR you could focus entirely on the classics on a given day, then the next focus almost entirely on slower lifts. But I prefer not to do that, as the oly lifts are generally too light to build appreciable volume for the sake of getting stronger, and if I'm dedicating entire days just to doing them, that's leaves me with not many days in the week to do the critical strength training in order to continue to get stronger to drive the classics.

For technique, given that you are likely already fairly strong, an empty bar isn't going to be much use past the point of absolutely basic fundamentals. A strong man can pull 45 lbs so hard that he'll have to instinctively decelerated it to catch it on his shoulders or even overhead. Practicing deceleration is obviously horrible and stupid.

Practice with enough resistance that you can still pull it HARD without having to deliberately slow the bar in order to catch it. 50% of max is usually plenty for this.

Though that will only help you a lot with the PULLS and the jerk, as you'll just power the weight up. Separately doing front and overhead squats is the best way to train the recovery of full cleans and snatches.

You probably don't need Adipowers, if you don't want to spend one hundred and eighty fucking dollars, but yes, an actual weightlifting shoe is pretty much necessary.

What should I get in terms of shoes if I'm really on the budget and can't get any discontinued models where I live?

Adidas Powerlift aren't the worst option. Wei-Ru Warriors are an option. LimitlessFTS shows are decent.

But you're going to have to spend at least $70 unless you can somehow find a used pair in your size.

I could spend up to ~100 bucks for a good pair.

Get adidas power perfect 2s

Are they the same size as power perfect 3s? If so I'm right between 42 and 42⅔, which size should I get?

I'd get the smaller one, they are supposed to be tighter than your normal walking shoe.

And like any shoe, they'll break in a bit with use.

what's your point?

you literally just posted what the other replies already said

externally unless you are a bitch

>literally nothing wrong with amrap for pushups and pull ups

FUCK YEAH, AMRAPS

>literally nothing wrong with amrap for pushups and pull ups

FUCK YEAH, AMRAPS

I just saw a bunny doing hiptrusts with a yogamat inbetween her and the bar, plus a pussypad. I dont understand why dont they just squats?

also to make it oly related; are these hightops fine for snatches? I know it will fuck you up att higher weights but i think i am fine ATM? Currently only att lmao1plate.

Bump

sounds like something out of an Ayn Rand book

Bymp

I have the option of getting power perfect 2s from amazon or 3s from adidas website, total is about the same. Which ones should I get?

3 is bigger number than 2 so 3

>Sn 3x5
yuck.
I never go over three reps on the full lifts, and even then I'd much rather just do a three-position snatch.

they're gonna limit your range of motion, especially ankle flexion if they're laced up
hate lifting in converse t b h feels like i'm wearing house slippers

been scopin the threes probably gonna upgrade seein as the strap loop on one of my pp2s is tearin and they're half a size too big
we can be shu frens

I miss webm bro

>Ilya
>264
His record was 246 lad.....
And besides: Originally a double Olympic champion from 2008 and 2012, Ilyin was officially stripped of, and ordered to return, both gold medals on 25 November 2016, as a result of his anti-doping samples from both competitions being retested and being found to contain banned anabolic steroids, namely stanozolol.[1]

It's all fucked up because he would still be the best if nobody used anabolics

Day1mon
Overhead Press - Daily single 80% 3x5
Clean - Daily single 3x3
GHR 3xmax b4 failure

Day2 wed
Squat - Daily single - Daily single 3x5
Dumbell bench 3x10
jefferson curl 2x5reps

Day3 fri
Power Jerk - Daily single 3x3
Dead lift - Daily single 3x5

Day4sat
Snatch 6x2
Pause squat 3x3
Lat pull down 3x10

GPP workout1

Glute back bridge reps
hollow hold
pullups
Done in a circuit style for 20 min
GPP workout 2
reverse hyper
plank
dips
face pulls

Done in a circuit style for 20 min
Every day ill do technique work for snatch and clean.

How long have you been powerlifting?

Im not going to give my strength up just to do technique work.

like 6 months