Has Veeky Forums ever spoke to a girl at the gym?

Has Veeky Forums ever spoke to a girl at the gym?

There's this girl at my gym who is super cute, I don't know what it is about her, she doesn't dress flashy or have the best body, but she's got a really nice face and I'm very attracted to her. She looks kind of timid though and always has earphones in. I don't want to be that creepy guy. I see her there on a Monday and Tuesday, it's a university gym so I assume she's a student too.

So Veeky Forums, tell me stories about your gym oneitis and your experiences with hitting on girls at the gym.

You have to actually catch her eye first.

>big guy powerlifter type dad at the gym
>a complete bro, have spotted him before and he has given me some solid advice when I was new
>one day he brings his daughter for some reason, I suspect to show her off or something
>she's literally a 10/10, maybe 15-16 years old
>most perfect tight ass and firm little breasts you seen on a cute, feminine face, all covered up in the most sexy gym outfit you'll see
>I usually talk with him and he introduces her to me and my buddy as we lift next to each other
>end up talking a bit with her about what she does (she's in HS, obviously) while he's lifting and I don't spill spaghetti and make her laugh
>obviously don't flirt since her dad is right there

In hindsight it seems like maybe he brought her there to set her up with one of us lads? He's some kind of middle eastern shitskin (Azerbaijani or something) so maybe he want some older guy to take care of her instead of a teen Chad.

Wtf did I just read.

If a girl like that spoke to me, I'd drop all my spaghetti and start sweating in front of her

I never understood this shit. It's just a fucking chick. She is WAY too self-obsessed to care about you and even if she does, what does it matter? Why does her opinion matter to you? Real confidence comes from not caring about being judged by people whose opinion SHOULDN'T matter to you.

The thing about the gym though, if you fuck it then it's going to make it awkward every time you see her there

>trying to rationalize away basic social behavior instincts

How old are you?

Not if you just make basic conversation and judge how you'll continue based on how she responds. Obviously if you walk up to her and ask if m'lady would want to be your date and she rejects you it's going to be fucking weird but if you just try to make smalltalk and she doesn't seem interested and you just drops it, no harm has been done. She'll just take the attention as a compliment.

Being afraid of talking with women isn't a basic social behaviour instinct. It's very much in the modern western culture that shames young men for their masculinity. Your grandpa didn't have this fear and Africans don't have that fear.

There's a fuckton of social pressure put on men to make the first move and to make the right move and to make the move that she says she doesn't want but not only wants but needs

What women want has been pretty much fucked by drugs and conditioing by media and a fuckton of pressure has been put on men to take up the slack when it comes to relationships.
This tends to be the status quo in most western relationships till women realize that their getting on in years and have no fucking idea of how to deal with or attract men or be a good wife and men are fed up and decide to start reliving their youth/spend most of their time getting swole and banging 17-25 year olds and railing on the few legit hot milfs and 25-40 year old cougars.

who dis

MILK TRUK JUST ARIVE

>Being afraid of talking with women isn't a basic social behaviour instinct.
It is, because in a small tribe if you fuck up, you reduce your reproductive chances significantly.

>It's very much in the modern western culture that shames young men for their masculinity.
I grew up in the USSR.

>Africans don't have that fear.
[citation needed]

Zhara Nilsson

Ive had girls come up and talk to me but the only time I've initiated a convo was when I went to the gym with my gf.

If there was a gurl I thought was a qt then I'd go for it mate. Just don't push the point if she says no.
Alternatively, offer to give her a spot then threaten to drop the weight on her neck if she doesn't date you.

yea you are retarded AND a pathetic pedo lmao

A 16 year old girl is well into puberty and biologically speaking near or at peak fertility.
Able to carry a child to term with no complications what so ever.
Is legal in 99.9% of the world and half of the states in the US.

Why reply to a post-wall roastie, just ignore her. They always go mad about older guys going for younger grills.

Why are you sperging?

MILKIESSSSSSSS

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

Okay. Then what?

Can someone explain this meme? So what if you make eye contact? Is one time enough? How do you know there’s any substance there? How do you go on from there?

He means you have to actually make her interested in you, or be interesting in general.
>Has Veeky Forums ever spoke to a girl at the gym?

Multiple; married, unmarried, young, old. I'm assuming you mean in a flirty manner, or with the intention to ask them out, which I have not, bit I likely could have. Try making friends first man.

Autism

This grill (probs a 9 on anyone's scale) in my class was on the soccer team and came to the gym a lot in college, I was lifting alone one day and so was she (with no headphones on), so I figured, "fuck it, we already know each other, let's give it a shot". We're in the same major and she has laughed at my bad jokes before, so it couldn't go too badly. She told me her 21st was coming up, so I said we should go out for drinks and I got her number. Turns out she was into taller guys, but we got along fine in other classes and it was never weird, so basically, give it a try if you're alone and she's alone at the gym and not wearing headphones. Getting rejected is not that bad, and you'll feel a lot better about that than being too pussified to have asked at all. And one day, you won't get rejected.
>inb4 manlets, when will they learn.
>I got asked out three times while at college, once by the receptionist at the college gym (also a student).
>Tfw when I'm serious and we're all gonna make it
>Tfw when fuck green arrow on phone.

So, making eye contact with my oneitits suggests that she’s interested in me?

Just become friends THEN fuck her friends

No fucking idea. Make small talk

any tips on what to ask for a conversation starter in the gym? I’ve literally never started one with a qt before, but I guess it wouldn’t be terribly different than conversations I’ve started with guys, right? Or would it

Lol. Implying spilling your spaghetti is a natural response to a fucking female you sperg

"Is me lady workout out?" *Tips fedora*
Then show them what an intellectual you are

it means she's aware of your existence and that you're not a complete stranger to her. you're not gonna get any more "permission to talk to her" than that.

Yeah, so there is a girl who ive only seen a few times. Shes my ideal girl. I just went up to her and asked to work in with her. Ask where they work/go go college. I ended up getting her phone number and we lift together ocassionally. She had a boyfriend already so i didnt progress any further than that, but gained a really good friend out of the experience. Go for it breh. Were all gonna make it

>getting friendzoned
>making it

wew lad

Yes, in fact I hugged her because we already kind of knew one another and when we bumped into each other she went for the hug.

I think she liked me and wanted me to make a move. We go to university and she invited me to her birthday where we would pre at hers and go to a local club. I was trying to play the cool guy who doesn't seem interested and I remember a key moment in the club when she was dancing with me and looked me in the eyes stepped towards me. She probably wanted me to kiss her but my friend was with us and I didn't want to risk it in case I misread her sign.

So we go back to our halls and I said goodnight and went to bed. She started dating some other guy a month later and have been together since.

Ah yes, the classic: >that feel when when

Atleast this manlet is close to learner and seems like a decent guy

lmao praising the guy the whole way then calling him a "middle eastern shitskin (Azerbaijani or something)" at the end cracked me up for some reason

Try again chad

Yep. You fucked up. Oh well, live and learn. You're probably attractive and will have other chances

“Hi my name is user, I just wanted to introduce myself instead of just smiling like a creep” and/or “well I’ll let you do your thing I hate bothering your workout- let me give you my number and we can talk later? Text me so I have yours if you want to talk to me”

Otherwise try to talk in the parking lot. The gym ain’t the bar and no one is there to get bothered.

Can only hope so. I saw another girl for a few months after that (first real relationship) and I learnt I need to enjoy it more.

All my life I've heard "virgin lmao" as if being a virgin is the shittest thing on earth. I had a one night stand with a girl 2 weeks before we began dating where I lost my virginity and my confidence was high.

But for the whole relationship it was always obvious I was trying to gear everything towards eventually fucking even though she was a sweet girl who said she'd only consider it after like 8 months. I drove her away by ignoring that I loved hanging out with her and considering every date we didn't escalate the relationship to be a failure. I wish I could date her again, I'd not even consider the physical side I just want a sweet girl who I liked talking to and she liked talking to me.

So I've promised myself, next girl, no matter who it is I want to enjoy their company first and look to fuck second. Media and lad culture ruined my perception of what dating a girl should be.

Honestly sounds like something an azerbaijani might do. Sixteen is legal in my country and Ive personally got not moral objections to it, but dont sperg out. Play it cool and if hes actually trying to set his daughter up with you then it will be made pretty damn clear in the near future.

Yeah mate I get what you're saying, I think it comes down to a self esteem/self confidence issue. Just do your own thing don't worry about what other guys are saying or what's "normal". Just enjoy spending time with them/having fun but don't act completely asexual and they will wanna fug.

Yeah that was my fear all along, the "friend zone" but the fact I asked her on a date and she said yes then she said yes to a second date and messaged me saying she really enjoyed it should have put me at ease that she was interested.

But in my inexperience I thought unless I'm fucking her she isn't interested. Thanks for reading mate.

poop truck just arive

Anyone can just sculpt a nice ass. Big tits are a sign of genetic fitness. Don't waste your genes on flat chested women.

>Be me
>Swole af
>Just got my haircut
>Got my best workout clothes on
>Walk in
>QT receptionist with long red hair
>Wow user you're looking on point!
>Oh yeah? You should give me that number
>She gives me her number
>Text her a few days later
>She never responds
>Go to gym
>She's working out with her bf
>See her on Facebook a few months later
>She has a buzzcut
>See her on Facebook again
>She has a blonde buzzcut
>TFW when you get shot down by Sinead O'Connor and you're not even mad

Who’s this mommy?

>There's this girl

Never gonna make it.

If she has headphones in, just don't even bother.

We're all gonna make it, brah

Always sucks when you feel its your fault

Never give the girl your number!

>She had a boyfriend
>She gave you her number

She's letting you know right there her boyfriend doesn't matter.

I'm a DYEL but some girls saw me squatting earlier and asked me for tips because they were just starting.
I made it, bros.

My method has always been this:

Average girls typically don't want to be hit on at the gym. The ones that are dressed sexy/slutty are there to show off and get attention. These ones WANT to be talked to. I've talked to a few and gotten numbers from them.

I live in Los Angeles, so the girls are typically hot, especially in the afternoons. And I'm a fairly attractive guy with a good body. By no means a model, and I'm 5'7. So it's not impossible.

But the most success is from regulars. I go to the gym at a regular hour and on regular days. If I see the same person over and over again, typically 3 times, I go up to them and 'plant a seed'. I say "Hey, you're usually here in the mornings. You're part of the regular crew that's always working out I noticed". Typically this is a general intro... if the girl is flattered or pissed off, you just say, "Well I wanted to come up and say hi since I see you all the time. I'm 'your name here'. I'll see you tomorrow" I generally do this when I'm leaving the gym, as you can tell.

This way, when you see her again, you didn't come off as a creep asking for a phone number, and you already have a history. Makes things easier.

No but I have had several Tinder dates with girls that recognized me from gym.

The only correct answer on this thread

This guy gets it

No. I robotically go to class, the gym and then back home to post on Veeky Forums. I go most days without saying a single word to anyone. I wish I was dead.

Fucking hate those pants why can't they just wear basketball shorts

The only reason you guys don’t like girls that dress like that is because you’re too intimidated to talk to them.

I read till 5'7"

They look fucking stupid and you know it.

Mmhmm

Yep, and guess what? I still bang 10/10 chicks.

Glad you agree

Thisssss

>t. jawlet

You're in the gym, you should already be sweating faggot.

>is that bag yours?
>get it off the bench I'm going to use it
every fucking day woman
it's nice to have grills around for that test boost but seeing them doing one legged half squat on the smith machine or whatever retarded excerdise they came up with is distracting

"Hey. Training legs today?"
Replace legs with whatever body part she seems to be training. Alternately don't, and film her confused reaction.

Forgot to add:
The opener itself makes fuck all difference as long as it's not autistic. 50% of her opinion of you is decided before you even say hello, and the remainder depends on how well you can hold a conversation. The quality of your opener is all but irrelevant.

If you asked me that, I'd respond, "Hey, training your FUCKING MEATFLAPPING LIPS today?! FUCK OFF!"

Sauce?

You're supposed to gauge their interest first. Obviously if they have a face like a smacked arse don't try to strike up a conversation.

>friends w/ the gym manager who is my age. qt, but married
>suddenly became friendly w/ all the women in the gym due to social standing in gym

idgi, but I don't mind.

I ain't judging shit except my own form and my own weights. That's all that matters when I'm at the gym.

when i leave a tip for receptionist girl i always say: "Don't spend it all at once sweetie"

Been a personal trainer at a commercial gym for 5 years, easiest ticket to talking to girls ever.

>Has Veeky Forums ever spoke to a girl at the gym?
Yes. I've never hit on one.

What the hell sorts of shit gyms do you go to who don't pay their desk help? I'm not tipping anyone. This isn't a fucking restaurant.

jeez im just being polite...

when i forgot to bring chance for the plate dispenser and she exchanges my bill I just tell her to keep the rest

Wow fuck you and this meme. First few times I went to work out back in college I didn't tip the receptionist because faggots like you kept claiming it's not something people really do. Gym owner pulled me aside and told me he assumed I just forgot money the first few times but since I've come to the gym 4 times a week for a month he can tell I don't plan on tipping. Ended up getting suspended from the gym for a week AND I had to give up my towel pass. Fuck you.

Based. TFW u get shot down by a girl only for her to go on the decline

I pay to go to the gym. The gym pays the desk help. End of story. That's how this shit works.

>black people don't tip
I forget that other countries have infestation problems

I'm not a nigger. I'm a white guy who's sick of people not doing things correctly. And by correctly I mean I pay the company, the company pays the workers, and I get a service.

So why are you in a thread about approaching girls at the gym?

I'm saying that talking at the gym is a distraction from why I'm there. Then we got off on a "tipping" tangent.

I pay for a meal at a restaurant. The restaurant pays the wait staff. End of story. That's how this shit works.

fucking kek idk why this made me laugh sohard

I agree. We should change the shit laws that allows that one industry to fuck over their workers like that.

let me guess.

you're an ugly white waiter whos angry the college girls working at his bar are getting better tips

Bleh bleh it's fucking rude not to tip. I mean if you're always seeing the same person you can just tip $100-$300 around Christmas and that'll be good for the year depending on the quality of the gym.