Losing weight

What is the god tier method to burn fat? Fasting? keto diet? intermittent fasting? doing a lot of exercises? just cutting calories?

>Fasting? keto diet? intermittent fasting? doing a lot of exercises? just cutting calories?
you pretty much listed, in order, the most effective ways.

Now, which is a good lifting program for someone who is doing fasting+keto? Power training or endurance training? I also doing a bit of aerobic (kickboxing)

see here's the DEAL with bullshit online fads that makes Veeky Forums a bad copy of reddit.

You read shit like NoFap, fasting etc. and it's like pissing in a platoon of piss.

>just cutting calories?
>just

you all hope for some sacred fucking method, no stfu you don't get some secret fat loss technique. ALL it is, is cutting calories. Either you increase your exercises, cut your calories or do both.

Keto, IF etc. are pretty much this, but because you forget to eat, you basically rebound at some point and you're back to catch. Remember the Biology lessons wherein your teacher instructed you that your body ALWAYS seeks homeostasis? Well, you're fucking it up by doing extreme diets. More so, there hasn't been any significant research or any scientific literature on the long-term effects of such diets OR what happens after you go back to a normal lifestyle.

All in all, go to A DIETITIAN. Not a NUTRITIONIST. That way, you'll lose fat and gain muscle, because they've actually studied this and neither you nor the internet has.

filleting

Imagine you shit going all the way down in this bathroom pit

very nice

>keto diet
mom science

>intermittent fasting
bro science

>fasting
eating disorder

Just count calories and have some willpower.

S T I C K Y
T
I
C
K
Y

read it, it's been here for over a fucking decade at this point

Most important thing is to maintain a deficit for a long period of time.

Aka don't starve yourself short term then binge. Just cut calories by 800 and maintain it for 12- 16 weeks, while lifting heavy and include refeeds if necessary.

Ive lost 50 pounds since jan 1 doing 3 day fasts with 1 big low carb meal in between each. I do 100 pushups a day to make up for muscle loss. Its really the easiest way

I've had pretty good luck with my JoeK diet. "I prefer not to eat until the day's work is done." I fast all day until an early dinner when I eat a good 1000-1500 calories. Then I go work it off at the gym. It does work. I was 185 a few weeks ago and now I'm 176. Shooting for 160. (5'11")

I also drink a lot of beer.

thanks for the info, bro. im seeing a dietitian

this is good advice. unfortunately op is just going to do a meme diet and not exercise and never lose weight anyways.

>you basically rebound at some point and you're back to catch. Remember the Biology lessons wherein your teacher instructed you that your body ALWAYS seeks homeostasis? Well, you're fucking it up by doing extreme diets.
Lol neither of those diets is extreme, they all ultimately rely on CICO, and your body will ALWAYS resist weight loss. Just eat maintenance for a month or two after dieting to achieve a new norm, that's it.

Does this sound like a plateau to you?

I was living like complete shit, drinking about a bottle of American Honey and a 6er of Coca Cola every other day, on top of about eating 3500-5000 calories easily on a normal day, sometimes more.

I stand about 5'10 and was 200 pounds on the 1st of this month. I went cold turkey on junk food, liquor, added sugars and cut my bread intake by a lot. I replaced them with things liked baked salmon, baked chicken, fruits, vegetables, and nuts. I tried to cut red meat but still eat it about 2 days a week.

I went from 200 at the beginning of the month to 177 as of this morning. It seems like the last 5 days or so, my progress has been halted, the jump from 200-180 seemed so quick, but 180-177 is dragging on, only losing like half a pound a day.

My goal weight is 165, but I have a completely sedentary job with long hours, so I haven't mustered up the willpower to start exercising, the results thus far has been diet based only. Am I going to have to bite the bullet and start waking up at 5am to shed the last 12 pounds?

also forgot to mention, I've been on a 2300 calorie a day plan, but have been meddling between 1000-1800.

There are loads of benefits to being in ketosis. First and foremost for me is eliminated cravings, followed by mental energy and stable energy levels. I doubt my body comp is different than it would be at the same calories with different macros, but thats not the point. I CANT diet if I feel shitty and hungry every day.

If you think keto is a meme diet then you're ignorant and havent looked in to it.

LOADS of aerobic exercise. The problem is that this is not really doable in modern countries.

Dieting will kill your metabolism and eat up all your muscles and organs before your body decides to go for the emergency fuel. YOu are literally starving yourself with all the good stuff and the bad stuff that implies.

Keto and Fasting are just lmao shit tier.

You lost all your water. Fat isn't as easily lost.

Eat less, move more, read sticky, sage thread.

>reddit spacing
>reddit-tier goseeaprofessional.exe
You unironically have to go back

A balanced diet at a caloric deficit with an hour of physical activity 3 to 6 times a week. Fasting can help people who just naturally eat too much. Pls don't do keto it's not healthy

Just eat a decently large calorie deficit and go to the gym at least 3 times a week, ideally 5 times or 6 if you can.

Ive been doing that for almost 2 months now and have gone from 220 to 190, could be faster but whatever I will have made it by summer (I hope). The first 2 weeks are the hardest, if you can get past them then you should be good.

/thread

>Pls don't do keto it's not healthy
It's actually a pretty good weight to cut but its not a sustainable lifestyle.

why does water weight fall off first if you are still staying hydrated? Just less sodium and shit that holds water in your body? what even exactly is water weight.

Water is held onto for converting glucose in cellular respiration to atp. When you dump carb amounts you dump unneeded water with it. Salts retain too yes.