Is swimming the best form of cardio?

Is swimming the best form of cardio?

Other urls found in this thread:

ruthkazez.com/ZeroTo1mile.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's damn near perfect cardio.

To be honest, yes.

How do I not run out of breath so fast doing freestyle strokes? can barely do 50 meters without panting like a bitch. Is it just breathing?

Exhaling is even more important because it keeps you relaxed and otherwise you have too much CO2 in your lungs which feels like waterboarding yourself.

99% technique.

Also, start slow like with anything. basically freestyle so slow the grandma doing breaststrokes in the elderly lane will smirk as she passes you. Then speed up as your shape improves

Unironically yes. When I swam in high school, I had more endurance than any other kid in my class (except those who were better swimmers than me. Fuck you, Mark)

>went to Uni
>had free gym membership
>huge pool with 10 lanes and two sections for water polo
>tried to swim at least twice a week
>family said I looked like I was losing weight
>left school because life
>tfw no good swimming pool anymore

If you are doing sprints breathe every other stroke or every 3 strokes, your body needs the oxygen. If you are a beginner focus on breathing in and out smoothly, not forcing the air out and gasping for air.

Yes.

Yes. Any other form of cardio will blow out your knees.

I want to start swimming for cardio because I'm too /fat/ to effectively start running, any recs for a routine or program for complete noobs I can follow?

It’s about distance when you’re new. Find a pool, ask a lifeguard/staff how long it is, and then swim to X amount of meters/yards. Don’t worry about time until you can see your toes.

That's fair, so would something like this work?
ruthkazez.com/ZeroTo1mile.html

It gets easier with time. You have to train yourself to take more strokes with less breathes. In racing, you're not really even supposed to breathe.

Invest in a kickboard, a pull buoy, and a decent pair of goggles (I prefer Swedes, but that's just me).

You're not going to be able to confidently do high yardage for at least the first 2-3 months, but you can't burn yourself out either. A typical workout would be like this:
- 200yd warmup kick
- 4x100yd, 1min rest
- 5x50yd, 30 seconds rest
- 1x200yd, alternate strokes if you want
- 200yd cooldown kick
That alone is over 1000yd and should take you the good part of an hour. Until you're comfortable completing the minimum for workouts, I wouldn't worry about pace/time.
This workout is pretty straightforward as well.

This is why swimming to lose weight is a meme. For most people their breathing technique will not catch up with a aerobic pace that would allow them to burn calories. It's either you swim at a pace your breath can't keep up and have to stop, or you swim slowly it's hardly an excersie

kek that's a bit of a reach there m80

It's super boring, and hard to progress like you would in running. It's much more technical. You'll make good progress at first, but you'll hit a wall quite quickly. From there to improve your speed you'll need to improve your breathing/technique, and alone it's actually quite hard to see what you're doing wrong.

But any cardio is better than no cardio.

All I mean is comparing to running your breathing is never obstructed so you can adjust your pace according to how well your lung works and maintain an aerobic excersie. To do that in swimming you need an already developed lung and heart, it's just much harder.

There is literally nothing more comfy than the exhaustion you get from swimming

It's so hard to describe but I love it

There is any starting swimming program?

no, but it's the best for caloric impact because you're not only exerting yourself through movement but also your body also has more work keeping the temperature up in water than air.

>tfw gym pool is warm

yea don't swim with the toddlers

but theyre the easiest niggas to flex on

Thanks for the advice, user. I think I'll be trying that zero to 1 mile workout I posted because it's simple and has some form of progression, I'm just in it for the cardio so I think it will be sufficient.

>Live on the coast so no one has a pool
>Barrier islands and constant ship traffic make the water brown instead of clear
>Running outside is a hell of 90+ degrees and 90% humidity
>Just bought a treadmill instead
It sucks, I want to swim.

>tfw my new building has a 25m pool
Just gotta get some goggles as it's chlorinated as fuck

how the fuq do i breath when doing freestyle? Whenever i """"""""lay my head on my shoulder"""""""""" i just choke on water, instead of actually breathing in

Get a trainer.

You realize cold pools also brown your fat too?

try to look at the ceiling, first try to do it slowly, then speed up. watch some youtube videos and learn some technique.

I had the same, for a while.. sucks and i think i drank like 3 liters of water each time i went swimming (read: drowning while moving back and forth) It gets alot better.

Do burgers not get swimming lessons as kids or something?

I've only lived in ausfailia and japan but pretty much everyone knows how to swim from a young age in both countries.