Pill me on antidepressants

Pill me on antidepressants.

taking antidepressants = putting a bandaid on a bullet wound

Never take them without being in therapy first.

Yep. except you build a dependance on the band-aid, it has side effects and it could actually make you worse off.

Don't fall for the pill Jew. I'm srs

This desu, they're supposed to be used short term only

Prescribed far too much, is put in the water supply of towns and certain places whether you believe it or not and they'll permanently and irrevocably destroy your mind.

Doctors had me on assload of Wellbutrin at 14, stopped taking it; now my brain is fried, every day is a walking nightmare
stay the fuck away from this jew shit

They barely work better than placebo, but have shitton of side effects.

some of the most counter productive things you can take. being depressed is a signal that something is wrong in your life, all these do is mask the feeling, not solve the problem.

Good for the short term whilst you short your shit out. Terrible otherwise

Just don't.

Almost ruined my life and were contributory to many wasted years.

If there's any possible way to avoid them, avoid them. The (((experts))) telling you they are perfectly safe are the same people who told American soldiers in Vietnam that Agent Orange was perfectly safe. Especially in the US, the pharmaceutical lobby has a lot of power and can get dangerous drugs approved by the FDA. Believing the official narrative is reddit-tier soythink.

I've got prescribed some antidepressant for my headache and that shit brought me on a verge of suicide. Never again.
Find a good shrink

DO NOT TAKE PILLS
I was on fucking every kind of med there was. The problem was that the meds would do nothing for me and blood work would show the levels too low, so they would crank up the doses to super high levels. When that didn’t work, they’d move on to the next med and repeat.
I had lithium poisoning, tremors, couldn’t sleep or I would sleep for a day straight, my hair would fall out and my skin would get fucked up.
Then when that was done, hello ECT.
3 months straight of that shit. Scrambled my brains, and when that didn’t work, it was the experimental ketamine.
What did all that shit do? Nothing but make me worse. I’ve been off anything for close to a year and a half and I feel fine, but the damage is done.
Don’t do it. Please. Don’t.

> see pic related

Good if you're going to legit an hero, otherwise
>see pic relates

also
>pic related

Here's a handy image of what SSRIs and similar (((medications))) can lead to

Depends.

Some people suffer chronic depression. They need antidepressants to work normally, regardless of their life circumstances.

Others became depressed through some life events, the majority of people who suffer depression fall in this category. They need antidepressants to work, but it should be a long-term treatment and have therapy.

yeah, that's bullshit

wow, really good explanation, you definitely changed my mind, gonna go get some pills now bc they are definitely safe, your thoughts really convinced me, thanks just bought 100k

Sounds like to me the safest/smartest way to approach depression (actual depression) is to take a powerful stimulant like adderall, something that makes you extremely motivated

This will give you the drive, energy and motivation to fix your life, and you eventually ween yourself off it

I feel like anti-depressants can do long-term/permanent damage, long after you've stopped taking them there is still issues

if your life is perfect and you still have depression then anti-depressants are probably the way to go

if you're depressed because your life is shit and you have zero motivation to improve it, try my suggestion

Not him, but I guess there's a general correlation between people being depressed and people going on a shooting spree. Not necessarily caused by the medication.

Go back.

>chronically depressed and dysfunctinal people are more likely to become achool shooters
Woah, nice fucking conspiracy you found there, /pol/

But if it's the other way around and it's antidepressants that cause violent behaviour, care to explain why things like that don't happen outside of the US, even though antidepressant usage is similiar in all first world countries?

They are safe. You have no idea how many regulations this shit needs to go before its released to the public.

And the pic is bullshit
they did X -> they take anti depressants
is not by any means
they take anti depressants -> they will do X

the most dangerous thing to do is to leave depression untreated. the best and most immediate way to treat it is pills, often combined with long-term psychotherapy.

Here you go

>they are safe
>best way to treat is with pills
fuck off pharmajew, all of this shit is symptoms of a greater disease of which pills cannot help

>yeah dude just take amphetamines if you're depressed
Thats a terrible advice user

Woah, this satirical meme sure is a good argument

It's literally not a meme, fucko.
>broken families
>unhealthy living environments
>unclean drinking water
>living in cities, breathing in pollution/brake dust
>unclean diet/food
>lack of sunlight and/or fresh air
>sleeping trouble exacerbated and exacerbates all others on this list
>24/7 propaganda cycle projected through every media channel in existence, meant to rot our minds
>video games
>television/hollywood
and then people think SSRIs are a good choice for people dealing with this shit? absolutely fuck off.

Don’t do what this guy says. I tried dealing with my depression with amphetamines and it almost got me killed.

They're about as safe as medication for a chronic illness could possibly be. The newer SSRIs have very minimal side effects and they work for most patients. In my case lexapro has made me gain approximately five pounds and it's slightly decreased my libido (previously I'd need to engage in some sort sexual activity daily, now I'd say every other day/every three days is fine). Before taking SSRIs I was basically constantly anxious and/or manic, unable to sleep without some substance, and I would have a full blown meltdown once every year or so where I would just become completely non-functional for like a month. If you have chronic depression and/or anxiety that fucks with your life, they're worth trying.

When combined with psychotherapy, SSRIs and SNRI can do wonders for chronically depressed. Avoid xanax or toher benzos and shit like that though unless you have panic attacks in addition, even then use it scarcely.

What’s your story user?

or take anti-depressants that kill your sex drive and cause permanent damage and can literally lead to you killing yourself or others

safe to say adderall is safer, retard

ur all freaks

Telling someone with depression and/or anxiety to take a stimulant is fucking crazy.

>safe to say adderall is safer, retard

Maybe but not everyone has instant access to adderall

Yes, society is in a bad state which causes an epidemy of depressive disorders. And SSRI/SNRI together with therapy is the best way to get your shit together, but yes, only as long as you actively work towards improving your life while taking them. They can provide a boost in motivation. You clearly never went throug a depressive disorder, tasks as simple as going to the shop can seem impossible then because of fucked neurochemistry. You cannot wilk your biochemistry away.
Discouraging geniuely sick people from treatment is a terrible thing to do user, you can kill someobe with your dumb advice you got from fucking memes

Aderall is not safe, it's fucking amphetamines.

Are you fucking retarded?

Stimulants make all of the bad thoughts from depression WORSE. It also paves the way for life long stimulant and drug addiction and an inability to deal with reality without legal meth.

>care to explain why things like that don't happen outside of the US

CNN, is this you?

abusive, alcoholic mother and neglectful pussy-whipped & spineless father
was cutting slits in my wrists at 14, had to use scissors because I couldn't find a knife sharp enough
doctors turned me into a lab rat with a coctail of SSRIs and I don't feel emotions any more: I'm never happy, sad, tired, hungry, or anything; just a walking husk
I'm convinced I already died and now I'm in hell
>inb4 edgy
>inb4 nice blog

Holy shit these people advocating for meds clearly have zero idea what that shit does to you.

As some people ITT said, they can be literally life saving if you're otherwise looking down the barrel of a gun, but the side effects are so severe that if you're only mildly depressed it's better to find and treat the cause than fry your brain.
>tfw ex was depressed
>she'd probably have killed herself without SSRIs, but from what I hear finding a version that didn't make her go nuts was long and difficult.

>And SSRI/SNRI together with therapy is the best way to get your shit together

Disconnecting from toxic media academic stooges terrible foods and becoming active and healthy does more for people then drugs and head shrinks.

No, citizen of a country where there were no school shootings in history and there is over ten times less murders/1k people than in the us despite similiar levels of depressive disorders in the population

>country where there were no school shootings in history

Ok, what is it?

Is it literally impossible for you to experience emotional stimuli?

Stratera changed my suicidal thoughts to homicidal thoughts. Got off that after 6 months of hell. Not on anything now and feel better that things will never be as worse as they were then

I am extremely autismo, don't laugh at funny shit nor cry at sad shit but I remember when I used to
The only pleasure I get from life is flexing in the mirror but that's about it
My brain is completely gone.
pic related

Good luck in becoming active and getting your shit together when in depressive disorder you fucking retard. Getting your life in order and healthy lifestyle is a long term solution and goal, pills and therapy are supposed to fix your fucked neurochemistry that cases anxiety and lack of motivation which in turn prevents you from getting your life in order. No one says that pills will just magically make you feel better but they are great help on the road towards it. Of course you're supposed to fix your diet and exercise and set your life in order as well, but for a person with real clinical depression it will be near impossible without treatment

The drugs induced permanent disassociation.

God I'm sorry.

Poland
Ok, you got me, there was one before the war, but it was a politically motivated assassination of a teacher

It's not all bad, I'm still young (20) so maybe my brain can recover, I'm being as healthy as possible to give it its best chance
But I'll always have my weights and my lats

I’m so sorry, user...

Why did they do this to us. Why.

So what was the original point?

They had to test the pills on someone, we were just the unlucky ones
We might never be able to feel normal and content but at least we have Veeky Forums

>They are safe. You have no idea how many regulations this shit needs to go before its released to the public.
Holy shit. Norco and oxy are also perfectly safe, right? No danger there because Dr. Shekelberg said it's fine.

Antidepressants don't cause school shootings

I fell for all of the "SSRIs are bad for you" and "its a bandaid that makes it worse over time" memes for years. I'm talking like suicidal thoughts were so common for me over the past decade or so that I just assumed everyone had those thoughts. I didn't even realize how bad I had gotten, how I had just resigned myself to my fate of being a lonely failure forever.

Then, after a lot of pushing from my doctor, I finally caved and got on Zoloft last month. Dude. Night and day. Its like I'm a different person. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, I can push bad thoughts out of my mind, I'm excited for the future, and some of my anxiety is starting to fade too.

I only wish I had gotten on them sooner. Maybe my college days wouldn't have been so wasted. Seriously user, if you think you might need them then give them a try. It may not work for you, but if it does it will turn your life around. Worth the risk imo

Because not all SSRI users shoot people but all the shooters are on SSRIs?

Lel.

Are you still taking meds?
Are you doing therapy?
Traumatic events can cause you to shut off your emotions as a defense mechanism, especially if they happened when you were a child and your own parents caused them. It's frequent in abuse victims

Yeah.
Let’s hope it was for good in some way.
What all did they try?
I got every med in the book plus ECT.

Shooting up a school is not something ato healthy and well adjusted person would do. Anoyne who does something like that is likely to be in psychiatric treatment because of his mental disorders

No therapy, no pills or meds except the iron pill
I have heard of that and am sure I am among these people
Wellbutrin, paxil, prozac, zoloft, all in varying combinations and dosages over a period from age 14-17

Try therapy dude. It's just talking. You've got nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Never was big on talking to people knowing they're getting paid for it. The weights help me a lot as is. I'll look into it though.

Shit they wouldn’t let me see what I was taking because they were worried I’d overdose or not take them.
I remember they tried ketamine. Shit did fuck all.
Iron Pill is best pill.

Look at it this way. It's not just chit chat, psychologists aren't just paid friends contrary to the popular belief. it's a very purposeful talking with a trained professional using scientifically designed methods.
It will be tough. You will have to relive and intergrate all traumatic shit that happened to you, confront all your demons. But you will be a different person at the end of it. Sometimes you have to walk through hell to get your soul back

>Dumping those jew pills for the Iron Pill
>The weights help me a lot as is

You're gonna make it bro. Lifting weights for me is pure therapy/meditation

about time someone made this, kek

Took SSRIs for a couple of months and they sort of helped. Totally killed my sex drive, sent me into auto-pilot, and made me give less of a shit what people thought of me. Made a decision to stop and pursue therapy and healthy life choices. I'd suggest trying to get to the root of the problem instead of covering it up with a thin layer of okayness.

terrible advice

There are different reasons why one might be depressed. If it's because they never achieve any of their goals in life then your plan might work but if it's because they just lost their oneitis then your plan would send them off of a bridge.

Pills won't do much good unless you're doing therapy as well. I would even say that therapy is more imlortant of the two, pills can just serve as additional help for those with more severe depression

You sounds like a fatty whining about a thyroid condition.

Mixing Adderall with anxiety seems like a one-way ticket to jumping off a bridge

I was in therapy while taking the pills. Left me in a very disconnected state of mind. Anecdotal, I know, but it's just my two cents.

You sound like a retard with no medical knowledge

I am 30. Had depression and anxiety for the past 16 years. Some months are terrible, some are better. There was a time a few years ago that I've literally spent 20 hours a day in bed and only left the house to buy food, for a period of around 30 months. Anxiety is hell.
Antidepressants only killed my dick further, cant even get hard anymore and thats years after antidepressants. The max I get is a chab.
Dont have any social interactions besides my family. Mother always emotionally terorizes me and dumps her emotional baggage on me through the phone like I am some sort of filter.
Dont know why I bother waking up. Clearly, I cant fucking fix myself and live like a normal person.
Jesus fucking christ. How do I help myself. Havent left the house since weekend. FUCK.

Thanks for reading.

Just stop being sad faggot

Similar to me I'm 32 and on citalopram, my dick works like normal and my mood is 100% better. But I can't cum easily, I read it's used to treat premature ejaculation as well. Doctor never told me ofc. I rarely jerk off, once a week maybe and have to go furious mode for 10 minutes. When having sex It just won't happen.
Inb4 gay, fuck off.

The first step is getting off of those meds. I was on them for nearly 10 years and now I'm doing MUCH better (Got off wellbutrin, effexor, and klonopin cold turkey - 4 months of absolute hell). Still a bit of a loser but I'm going back to school now, gym 3x a week, and may even be getting my first date next week at 28 years old. Don't give up.

>letting your mother trash you

kys

My experience on SSRIs, using them when I was in a bad situation: it gives you kind of a don't give a fuck attitude about things, you lose your highs and lows (never feel extremely happy or sad anymore), but your IQ may permanently drop to two digits. I haven't taken it in 2 years but some of its affects to my brain and dick. I've never been able to get as horny as and ready to go as I was pre-SSRIs. Right in the middle of fucking I just won't feel like it anymore, that was never the case before. I don't think my memory and critical thinking is as good as it was before SSRIs.

Overall I would say stay away from them and just pin Tren or Test, do other drugs without the potentially permanent side effects. Stay positive, whatever you're going through you can do it without SSRIs. They make you even more suicidal and sad because you won't ever feel good times anymore.

How so?

Because of depression I got instantly addicted to it since it felt so good, and before I knew it I overdosed

5/7 and still don't feel good

Long term should be treated with drugs. They usually take time build up in your system. Most do not have terrible side effects. They don't cure only make it manageable.
Short term because gf left or a loved one died may usually can be dealt with a shrink. Stronger more short courses could be prescribed that may have more side effects. Lots of faggots and conspiracy cunts itt

They're bullshit. Get your hormone and vitamin deficiencies checked.

If you're taking antidepressants, know that they will not cure you. Use them as a tool to help you fix the problems that are causing the depression (unless your depression is literally caused by chemical imbalance in your head). I haven't read the thread yet but I have a feeling that a lot of /pol/-posters will be saying things like "(((doctors))) want to make you more complacent so they can brainwash you easier". Don't take those kind of retarded comments to heart.

If you're depressed and you've tried many things that didn't work, maybe anti-depressants can help you

Cut your mother out of your life. If you had a friend who "emotionally terorizes" you, would you put up with that shit? Hell no.
There is no shame in removing toxicity from your life, regardless of its source.

are you sure it was the meds that made you like that or is it the underlying problems you had before using wellbutrin.

A lot of retards (literal brainlets) get on a stimulant like wellbutrin because it will help them focus better. Then when they get off they think it's the meds fault that they're retarded, when in reality, they were retarded all along

You'll cause permanent damage to yourself and you'll do and say strange things you otherwise wouldn't. You'll also look crazy high on them, too.

Don't fucking do it.

t. Someone who was on meds for a long, long time.

this tbqhwyfamalam

For the most part is very good, but not perfect. I pretty much stay 7/7, but I still have random weeks or months where I'm a little down on things, or more tired, or more irritable. I noticed that I tend to be a lot worse during periods of less sunlight (fall/winter) where I work while it's sunny and it's too cold to do shit outside on weekends. Finding hobbies you're good at is helpful and so is taking time for yourself to relax and escape stress if it's unbearably consistent

I used to take Paxil then eventually Celexa. No effects except shitty mood swings.

I currently take Kratom and it works. Kratom makes me feel warm inside andI seem to enjoy doing things that I normally do. It sometimes makes me motivated.

Cons are that Kratom tastes absolutely terrible and lasts only 4 - 6 hours at a time. It is illegal in a few states also.

Where do you get a mask like that? Asking for a friend.

Also, nice trips

How long you been off?