Veeky Forums

Veeky Forums

What's your opinions on boxing? I'm really tempted to start boxing again but I just read that someone died this weekend from a fight.

I want to start boxing but brain damage puts me off. Shall I just re-create floyd's style and take no punishment?

>just re-create floyd's style

is this bait? and if you do boxing please just dont be that twink who tells everyone about how hes a boxer. literally the most annoying fags in the world

why would that be bait?

its a good sport but to make it in the pro you need to have like 300 amaterus fights and you wont see money until your career latest stages, literally a sucky sport if you desire to make a living of it, also, mastering boxing technique takes years

if you like to box, just go for it, but dont dream too much, also get ready for your sparring headaches for days

>if you do boxing please just dont be that twink who tells everyone about how hes a boxer. literally the most annoying fags in the world

>t.guy who tells everyone can deadlift 3plates

youre not going to emulate a pro boxers style, or even have a "style". youre a hobbiest. you'll just do basic shit

Just don't go into real matches then. Go in there to learn and maybe even try a spar to see if it's your thing after all.

>tfw I was that guy when I was 18
shieeet

>I wanna be a prizefighter but mommy said I might get a concussion!!

How about you take up Magic: The Gathering instead, you useless little fairy?

I squat 220kg and I dont talk about it unless Im asked. please stop talking about how you box in public, its autistic

Brain damage is no joke. I quit boxing after rough sparring session left me so fuzzy I backed into my buddies car in the lot afterwards and I felt "off" for a couple weeks after. I absolutely love the sport but there's no safe way to do it.

>boxing
If you're above the age of 20 then don't expect the trainers to treat you seriously. Most of them do it for pennies and don't run their gyms like normal businesses, instead it's like a russian military, you'll be bullied and you will have to prove yourself. They do it out of passion so they mostly focus on the people with potential (aka 12 year olds). Also expect to be bullied by 15 year olds in the locker room who are:
1. taller than you
2. stronger than you
3. can knock you out
4. are still 15 year old so will pull your shorts down just for shit and giggles

Not to mention the brain damage, one hit is enough to cripple you for life if your neck is not strong enough.

>thinking squating will win fights for him

I don't know what kind of gym you've been to but you're either an obnoxious twat or it's not a real operation. What you said about the trainers doing it for pennies and focusing on the younger guys is true but no real trainers nor boxers will bully anyone or allow that to go on in their gym. Boxers are some of the most respectful and comraderous people with those they train with. Sounds like you either got put in your place or went to some MMA/douchebag gym filled with wanna be tough guys.

we're not talking about winning fights, we're talking about obnoxiously bringing up our pointless hobbies to normies. they dont want to hear about my squat and they dont want to hear about your sub armature boxing "career"

>hes never experienced bantz
are you american?

>implying picking heavy things from ground is a hobby

>squat
>from the ground
wew lad. I guess there is a link between boxing and brain damage

>Implying i do boxing

This conversation is peak autism

>This conversation is peak autism

>t.guy who brownses a vietnamite CP board

Did he actually die or is this some kind of prank video?

You need to have the fundamentals until control before you can go full hajime no ippo weeb shit