QTDDTOT

Other one reached the limit

Why does my protein shake make me feel bloated?

Other urls found in this thread:

bestworkoutsupplementsblog.com/best-protein-powder-supplements/
youtube.com/watch?v=PUrfhmHszU8
youtube.com/watch?v=vVp8WbznVRc
bodybuilding.com/fun/lbm_calculator.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because its a by product of cheese, and cheese is made out of milk and milk is BLOATMAXXXXXXX

How can I alleviate DOMS?I get them every time I go to the gym. I go to sauna, get massage, stretch and use tiger balm. Looked into CBD products which give u no high but ease the pain. I do physical labour and go to the gym 3x a week. I have to take sometimes a week off the gym to fully try restore my body. Seems like my CNS is going overdrive.

Will CBD heal my CNS without me needing to give up training for a longer period of time?

When I stretch sometimes I feel one leg is more stretched than the other what do? or is it just mental?

Is running 5k on a rest day okay or too intense?

Also I struggle to do 1 pullup and I've heard bad things about the assisted, is there any way to fix this?

flare your chest and shoulder blades for your pull ups.

How bad is drinking a Mickey of vodka in a night once a week?

Is 8 hours of resistance training per week healthy or should I keep my autism in check ? Natty, if it matters

Currently in the early stages of transition away from a DYEL life (ive been going to the gym regularly for 2 months now) and am thinking about picking up a whey supplement. Question is should i go with ON Gold standard or shell out more money for grass-fed/organic/healthy word protein like nutrabio or natural force? And thoughts on this list/website: bestworkoutsupplementsblog.com/best-protein-powder-supplements/

What happened to the onion meme?

Protip: You don't need to wait fo DOMS to be over to work out. Just work through the pain and once you start doing this the DOMS will go away

Differing amounts of tension in your legs could be cause by a variety of things like how you sit/sleep, your walking gait etc. So one might be tighter than the other but it's not abnormal. Just keep stretching but don't neglect either side.

Probably not great, but I do something similar so I can't knock it that much. But I'm also DYEL sooo

ON don't be a faggot

I fell for the "upper chest doesn't need specific work, just keep doing flat and your whole chest will grow" meme a while back and have a severely lacking upper chest. I'm getting more into incline exercises, but sometimes I feel that my delts are being worked more than my upper chest. Should I keep the incline lower, around 30%, or can I bring it up to 45%+ with lighter weight and just really focus on that mind-muscle connection to activate my upper chest?

Do any of you guys do Zumba?
I started doing it as an alternative to regular cardio and it's way more fun.

Jeff has the answer

youtube.com/watch?v=PUrfhmHszU8

Due to some schedule restrictions I may only have like half an hour to workout in the uni gym during march and april.

I was thinking of doing two barbell compound lifts on the gym just before lunch time (around 12pm) and then when I get home (6 pm) finish my workout with pic related and maybe an adjustable bench, is it a good idea?

Also any recommendations for workouts with dumbbells and dip/pull up bar?

My idea for the compound lifts would be something like this, suggestions?:

Monday, bench press (flat and declined)
Tuesday, squat and deadlift
Wednesday, row and T-bar (or BTN lat pulldown)
Thursday, OHP, bb upright row or bb shrugs
Friday, deadlift and bench press

Do pull ups instead of T-bar, squat more and drop upright rows and do Face pulls instead, as they're bad for your wrists and shoulders

Pls respond. I'm 6 feet tall, 185 pounds, about 15% BF. What, approximately, can I expect to look like when I hit 1/2/3/4? Is that even possible to tell or is this a dumb question? I'm about 70% there on the four main lifts.

I feel like my elbows are doing weird and wonderful stuff when I bench, any tips on what to focus on to make sure I don't fuck up?

Help me fit an exercise into this program to help my rounded shoulders. Also, should I add in an arm exercise like curls?

Face pulls

What oatmeal do you guys eat? My mom bought Quaker Oats but it's full of sugar.

t. fatty

get plain quick oats. add cinnamon(for flavor and test), and honey or agave nectar unless you can stomach it without

id say you should add some ab work to balance out the huge amount of lower back work from squats and deads. if you want bigger arms, go ahead and add a few sets of curls or tricep extensions, you dont have to be a compound purist because of the autists here, and it actually can help some of your compound lifts if youre not overworking from adding too many

Whenever i lift regardless of weight, my body shakes like crazy. Even when just lifting the bar (though i can lift more than the bar, i just look like im mid seizure while doing it)

Anyone have something similar or know what could be causing it? I was thinking either something to do with CNS overload or im just a weak faggot and it will go away, but rather hear from anyone that had something similar happen to them.

Does it shake because of how heavy is the load? Do you feel it heavy?

Try warming up before lifting, maybe your muscles are dormant

how long have you been lifting? id say its probably just lesser-trained stabilizers struggling to do their job. you can overall be strong and have weak stabilizers if youre not used to free weights or specific movements

How do I get rid of being so self conscious about what others think of me.

Don't expect much of a change, you will likely get slightly fatter as you bulk up to those lifts but once you cut you should look mildly stronger/bigger than you do now.

I don't know how much I believe those stats though, I'm 6'5" and 215 lbs and well above 1/2/3/4 but also probably at least 20% BF.

I'm starting HIIT again. I'm doing this :
youtube.com/watch?v=vVp8WbznVRc
which gave me some good gains when I did it.

Only problem is, I don't really know how much calories I would need to eat. Websites gave all differents numbers, so at the time I went to gooby numbers.

Since my cardio sucks, I only do for starter 2 cycles (6 minutes), but I aim to go to 7 cycles, even then 10 cycles (although I red too much HIIT is not good at all).

I'm 5"5' and 137 lbs. Thanks in advance!

do you have a job? start with that. financial security helps. independence in general, like living on your own. close relationships can help. creating art or music.

looking at people on Veeky Forums and especially /fraud/, lifting doesnt help. but you should lift anyway

If I drink a protein shake right after working out, is that being used to build muscle, or is it essentially just being used as a carbohydrate since the shake contains no carbs to provide that immediate fuel source? Should I throw half a cup of oats in to make sure my protein is being utilized most effectively?

My muscles feel like they can keep going, and it doesnt feel heavy to me, its just i can visibly see my arms/legs/whatever shaking all over even when i drop down the weight.

I've been lifting for like 3 months now, i noticed the shaking then too but just assumed it was because i was weak. Its the fact that it has persisted this long that concerns me.

I thought it might be stabilizers too, but i've noticed my arms shake even when using machines (on lightnweight) albeit not nearly as much.

Is it possible that after working out my digestive system gets fucked as in farting a lot and needing to take a shit that's hard to come out but small pieces?

I've been to doc and I'm taking digestive enzymes, drinking plenty of water, eating fiber. Shits became easier but still I'm almost always filling full. I don't even take protein and stopped eating food like broccoli.
The worst is the smell, I can't be near people in classes or go with somebody in car before they notice, it's kinda ruining my social life.
Does Veeky Forums have any idea?

The only time I'm feeling better is when I spend a lot time without food but that's obviously not an option.

Done something to my hamstring and now I can't deadlift, but I can still squat. What did I do Veeky Forums?

greyskull 3x/week
what's a good core/supplement routine for the other 2 days?

Sumo

For bodybuilding SIZE, is it better to do a set with high numbers of reps (like 20) with a lighter weight or lower rep ranges (5-10) with heavier weight.

Thanks!

that is a good question that i dont have an answer to, but i would suggest you add some carbs, or even better, MCT oil, and make sure that isnt the case.

possibly related to electrolytes, but hopefully another user weighs in since thats a shot in the dark on my part

doc checked you for IBS? did you start consuming more dairy or whey when you started lifting? by the phrasing of your question i imagine this only started after you began lifting?

you need both, no way around it. whether its better to combine these into one routine, or to switch between routines every couple months that utilize one or the other, i cant say for sure

At 20 reps you're getting less hypertrophy and more endurance. Try 12 or so.

MCT oil?

Bumping my fucked up elbows.

Like they hurt or you just don't know how to bench

medium-chain triglycerides. they dont have to be processed by the liver to be used as energy by your muscle cells, so they can be put to use pretty much immediately. they have some other health benefits as well

when i shrug my shoulders theres cracking in my rear delts, wtf is up?

Also hurts like a bitch after shoulders and back day

Tried that, still get the same pain when pulling.

I thought fiber was supposed to make pooping easier?
I ate a bunch of Triscuits and now I literally can't make my poop come out even though I really have to poop.

>triscuits
>not fiber supplements
retard

does it hurt when you stretch, too? id say look at some hamstring diagrams to pinpoint which head you actually hurt, then just rest and massage it until its better. also stretch it out if you dont get a sharp pain from it

>doc checked you for IBS?
Unfortunately not, she didn't sent me to gastro yet, saying that I should keep taking laxatives and digestive enzymes as I am doing now. Also she doesn't believe in the idea that lifting is causing this
>Dairy
I eat cereal with milk every morning, but I've done it for years
>Whey
No protein shakes.
>i imagine this only started after you began lifting?
Yes, I noticed it after a month or so when it got real bad.

Real easy solution would be to stop lifting for a week to see if it's the cause but I don't want to loose gains

I notice my left arm is smaller than my right arm. How do I correct muscular imbalances? It's mostly in my bicep and tricep on my left side. Do I just add more volume to that side?

no dietary changes at all? id probably agree with your doctor that its not lifting-related. more fiber would probably help, try some black beans, theyre also great for gains

It doesn't hurt when I stretch, just when I pull weight.

Do skinny writs hamper lifts/pushups?

Why is it so hard to get under the bar during a clean.
Every tutorial just goes "well you jump and then get under it ez pz"

I want to get Veeky Forums, but dont have the money for a gym membership or equipment. I've decided on doing calisthenics and cardio

Does anybody have a good calisthenic program for full-body training?

they do not. assuming youre natural, youll never lift enough to break your wrists, and that would be the only concern over thin wrists

pic related

>that would be the only concern over thin wrists
just to clarify, i dont really think thats a concern, i just was trying to come up with a hypothetical really

Has anyone run PPL 6 days a week for more than a few months without burning out?

well, since starting lifting I started to eat peanut butter, black bread, tuna, sardines, whole rice etc.. but it shouldn't be causing.
I've been eating at university, just like I've been for past 2 years

These compound lifts don't do much for the core. What exercises give a thicc core? Pic related

Should i be drinking protein on a cut? Im working out before cardio still...

You guys got any tips on getting the diddly right? I'm afraid I'm straining my lower back too much, I can only maintain the starting, relatively upright posture with babbyweights, if I go heavier (for me, started doing them 3 weeks ago), my ass shoots up, altho my L-spine isn't rounding from what I can tell from videos, but it becomes a good morning
Also, can't fuckin activate my glutes for the life of me, what do

Do pic related instead, also, the face pull is a good idea

For ausfags;

I’m new to lifting. Musashi stuff is half price at Chemist Warehouse. I bought some creatine and pic related. I like the taste, should I go back and stock up on more while it’s still half price? any objections to this brand or formula

How do you calculate your lean body mass and is this calculator ok?
bodybuilding.com/fun/lbm_calculator.htm

Playing around with it some of the results seem kind of weird and I can't find another one

Tried putting some whey in my porridge today and it clumped up like a motherfucker. Not just clumps, but they were hard too, like actually tough to bite into. How do I avoid this?

Start with your hips further up. Don't try to squat it.

Nvm just found this: bodybuilding.com/fun/lbm_calculator.htm

Seems better

Protein powder makes milk thicker so you need to add more milk than you usually do. When I make it I do it on the stove slowly adding milk and protein powder

If you’re getting actual lumps of powder put the powder through a sieve

skelly here, trying to figure out my bulk
calculated tdee (2700), so aiming for 3000-3200cals.
this look good so far? kinda stumped on lunch. tried PB&J sandwiches, but they're so bland/boring.
also could you give a rough estimate of now many cals this would be before i go calculate it all?

Of course you like the taste you stupid goy, ass gainer is half sugar by weight. Absolute garbage.

How reliable is the weight x 17 formula for bulking and how come my squat and DL are both progressing decently but bench is plateauing (205 1RM)

I made a 5 day/week full body routine for myself. It's been working fairly well for me; I'll be at 3/2/1 in about a month. However, I'm pretty sure squatting 3x10 everyday is terrible for my knees. Where do I go from here?

Should I get some pure whey instead then?

Depends on how far 5K is compared to a normal-distance run for you, and how close to your 5K race pace you run it at.

Assisted pullups are great. Don't use the meme machine, assist yourself with a chair or bench or bar in the rack. Negatives and flex-arm hang are great, too.

Check your autism. Unless you're near your genetic max you should be under 1.5 hours a session and only 3-4 sessions a week of weights.

Go with the cheapest that you like the taste of. Dammit, whey is just a byproduct of cheese manufacturing, it's fucking everywhere, you can get it from a bakery supply shop with no additives at all.

I hope it's dead.

Remember, you cannot actually be self-conscious about what other people think of you.

Unless you're fucking PSYCHIC.

Because you don't know what they think of you.

What you're actually doing is being self-conscious about what you THINK other people MAY be thinking about you.

Once you realize this shit is all in your head, you've taken the first step. Use your autism to game how to behave, model on what is normal/socially acceptable, and remember that everyone has this same kind of shit going on in their head, too. That oneitis of yours is worried about some mole (that you don't notice) or one tit being slightly lopsided (it isn't) or some zit near her bikini line (that if any man got her panties off he wouldn't give a shit about) etc. etc.

Do SS instead of "legend of he-man" by "johnny pain" owner of "strength villain" lol. All that fucker did was rip off SS for goodness' sake. Some light cardio or HIT sprints on 2 days a week, maybe some plyos.

Try "tall cleans" and hang cleans from the high hang.

US Army FM 7-22 has a complete basic training calisthenics and running plan. No equipment needed other than a place to run, do calisthenics, and do pullups.

>172 cm
>95Kg
Does L carnitine work for a fat starting his trip to fit or is it only a meme?

Is jump rope a good form of cardio?

Yeah, look into VPA / Bulk Nutrients. You have to buy a decent amount at once to be worthwhile but it's cheap as shit per serve.

>under 1.5 hours a session and only 3-4 sessions a week of weights.
What? Really? I lift 5 days a week for almost 2-2.5hrs a day depending on how fast I'm moving

Yeah but watch out for overuse injuries. Build volume gradually. Don't fuck your Achilles.

Guaranteed you either aren't working very fucking hard, or you're /fraud/, or both.

Has anyone experimented with SARMS?
are they actually dangerous?

I go 3x10 on like 8 lifts. I do sometime cheat the time between sets

How important are chinups and pullups in strength training? I am deciding on switching out chinups for about 4 grip exercises.

protein isnt used as carb after a workout. your body doesnt work like that.
you need to give more details. werid and wonderful is not a description that we can interpret.
rotator cuff weakness and stiffness. esp if you use a computer a lot. try more stretching and do lateral raise with light weight. helped me.
eat a can of refined beans and next morning you will poop.
there will always be some due to you favoring one hand over the other. use dumbbells to fix as best as possible.
everyone has skinny wrists as there is no muscle there only tendons.
i burn out at about 3 months. but thats expected. take 1-2 weeks off and then resume.
ab roller, hanging situps (work up to that) and oblique dumbbell raises.
a cut is normal necessary nutrient intake just under normal calorie needs to lose weight.

>How important are chinups and pullups in strength training? I am deciding on switching out chinups for about 4 grip exercises.

They're two of the best compound movements for strength and they're functional as well.

Just make sure to add weight instead of doing sets of 20+.

shieeeeet. Oh well, I guess I will just keep doing chinups and pullups

powder shouldnt be added to anything other than liquids and then mixed up.
nuts are a great calorie filler. hazelnuts and almonds have a lot of energy and calories in it. take diced onions, potatoes to stir fry stove top and then add spices you want then chicken and make rice on side. thats an easy meal you can get a lot of calories with as well. peanut butter on crackers is more enjoyable for me instead of on bread, try that.
use knee wraps, reduce volume, stretch out your tendons in knees, and make sure you are properly activating the quads and not putting the load on the knees. I realized my legs were shifting the load to knees so i did some box squats to train my mind to not do that.
taking drugs to lose weight never works out. just eat less and eat better.
chinups and pulls are great exercises. I wouldnt drop them if you can.

Is doing pushups every day in between vidya a meme, does it actually produce results or is it a "Well it can't hurt" kind of thing?
I mean like if I'm playing League of Legends and in between games I do 10 pushups.
I don't work out a lot, usually every other day, at least once every 3 days.

Ok thanks dude.

some autist here did 100 pushups every day and it gave him man boobs. might just be his body but take that as you will.

Just seen this thing on my lats after finishing my workout today (OHP and reverse-grip bench).
Did I go too hard at OHP? Bad form? What is this?

Do yoga

Not kidding, I used to suffer from this. I also had crazy imbalance problems trying to squat and OHP

Started doing yoga alone in my dorm room and it worked amazingly for recovery, stabilizers, and core

Favorite exercise: one legged plank with other leg tucked up at your side, knee to armpit, held in the air

I'm 10 years too old to be able to pull off boobs

It's bleeding under you your skin

Just to be clear the way I am squatting, not the volume at which I am squatting is likely the issue

tuna salad, caesar salad with chicken and feta are my fave lunches

How do I make my joints stronger ?

Compression.

then make sure you have form down. maybe try other squat variants as well.
if you mean tendons then just strength training but they will grow slower than actual muscles. if you mean bones then eat calcium and thats it.

thanks. I did not realize how important chinups and pullups were

Are weightlifting shoes worth it? If so, should I get them as soon as possible, or just wait until my lifts are big (only 3 pl8 squat) enough to utilize them? I do mostly Olympic lifts like cleans, jerks/pushpress/OHP, and plan on adding snatch soon as well. Also do front and back squats and bench for main compound lifts.

it's hard to feel the glutes at the very beginning of the movement, you can't really contract them until a third of the way through. But if you consciously think about them, and squeeze them as hard as you can once you can feel them, it will benefit you. Once you've leg pressed the weight off the floor to your knees, cue yourself to fuck your hips forward, cue glutes, and squeeze them all the way and fuck your dick and hips in to the bar hard and keep them squeezed