>Go to the gym
>How the fuck do the machines work
>Try one
> Probably doing it wrong
> Feel like everyone is looking at me
> Feel face burning
> Stop everything and rush to the treadmill
> Run for 45 minutes
> Can't even shower there cause too scared to get naked in front of the other girls
> Go home

How the fuck do I stop being so self-conscious ? Also how do I learn how to use the equipments without making a fool of myself ?

> Pic related goal body

Other urls found in this thread:

exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html
youtu.be/TIWbzNzXpPs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>machines
You're doing it wrong

Is this bait? Age, height and weight? Honestly everyone goes through this when they start out, i found it easier going the first couple times with friends. They showed me routines and some basic form which gave me the confidence to go out on my own.

realise that everyone else at the gym is just as narcissistic as you and would rather look at their bodies

>blogposting

What if I don't have friends?

i'll be your friend :)))

>set goal
>find program for goal
>learn exercises (youtube)
>go to gym
>EAT
>SLEEP

I'm sure you know someone who would love to go with you! If not, maybe watch some routines on YouTube and try them out next time. When your there keep a headphone out and try to look approachable, people generally like to socialize.

But I'm always comparing myself to others when I'm there.

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

The only time I look in the mirror is to check my form. If I spent half the time other guys did on flexing and posing I'd be there for 4 hours.

Post body

exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

Use that to figure out how to do your lifts. It will take time doing them for your body to learn them. Everyone had to learn.

>Can't even shower there cause too scared to get naked in front of the other girls

Maybe time to grow up?

MOST IMPORTANT:
read the sticky and get your diet in check.

>How the fuck do I stop being so self-conscious
Just keep going and don't stop under any circumstances. I'm only 3 weeks into my program and I'm beginning to get over myself. It's tough but it's like ocean water. Cold at first, but once you get used to it it's not so bad.
Also, go early in the mornings. Nobody is ever at my gym in the mornings so a) racks are always open and b) I'm starting to see the same people there all the time. It's kinda cool and oddly comforting.
Also read the sticky.
t. another SS noob

Your goal body only requires maybe 2-3 days in the gym. It's 90% diet so consider cutting out alcohol, eating primarily vegetarian or pescetarian at a -500 or more deficit, and get enough sleep.

Eveyone at the gym is self-conscious because most are there for self-improvement. Just remember that and soon enough you'll be a regular and you'll have gym friends.

This exact same thing happened to me the first time I went. Find a routine so you know what to do when you're there. Don't just fuck around and pick random machines

>uses machines
Isn't gonna make it. Look up tutorials on barbell movements and you'll see growth. (Deadlifts, squats, bench, row)

160cm
52 kg

How do I know which program is best ?

>Cutting out alcohol
I cannot cut it completely but I limited myself to 1 night of drinking a week (used to drink daily).

So -500 deficit with my height and weight would be 900 ? Sounds kinda too restrictive, I don't know if I can do it forever. I might lose the weight then gain it all back. How about 1200 and exercising every other day ?

>cannot cut it completely
KYS basic bitch

Do you know how to social life ?

Sandy vagina

>How do I know which program is best ?
There's this thing called "the sticky." You should read it.
General consensus is that SS is good for beginners. It's called starting strength for a reason. I tend to do SS on Mon/Wed/Fri and then I jog on Tues/Thurs. Works for me.

>I cannot cut it completely
That's a dangerous attitude if you want to improve yourself.

And you're already at 20% BMI. If you don't eat at a 500 calorie deficit every day, it's going to be tough to lose the weight. Especially at your age.

I do, which is why I don't need alcohol to pretend I have a personality.

Nofunallowed.jpg

Agree. If you can't have a good time without alcohol, you're probably a boring person.

Usually the dude that works there knows his shit. Don't be afraid to ask for help or you;ll just end up hurting yourself

Normie whore leave REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

watch instructional videos you fcuking retard.
HOW HARD IS THIS TO GRASP

it's a she, user.
it's impossibly hard.

no one is laughing at you.

no one cares that you are there.

practice good form and grow.

many people feel this way don't worry. anyone thats judgemental in a place where you're actually trying to help yourself is an ass. don't worry about them.

Free weights, ya cunt. Hard to go wrong with those.

>I limited myself to 1 night of drinking a week
I hope this is a joke

Iā€™m in the same situation. 18, 5ā€™7ā€ 165lbs

>fucking roastie wastes a thread about shit she could've found by reading the sticky and lurking for a couple of days

OP, does your gym have group exercise classes? My wife does body pump, where they lift light weights for a bunch of reps, and the instructor shows you what to do. It's not for me, but she likes it. Helps burn calories while building a little muscle and toning, might be just what you're looking for.

i can
but equally if you don't think getting drunk with friends is fun then you're a boring person. or at least very pretentious

Hahaha I had this problem when I first started going (and I still have). Instead of going with friends, I started only doing plyometric jumping and picked up form over time

DO YOUR THING
youtu.be/TIWbzNzXpPs

>other girls

I thought you were a guy until I got to this part because I felt the same when I started.

Its been years and I still shower at home.

Also fuck machines, do SS or 5x5