A Beginner's Breakfast

Okay Veeky Forums, I took your advice on breakfast from the last thread a couple weeks ago, (margarine on toast user) and I'm following a basic oats recipe.
>half cup oats
>full cup water
>couple minutes on stove
>moderate amount of almond milk
>dash of cinnamon
>tiny bit of honey for sweetness
>chopped up bananas
>mix around
>Pic related
For starters, how would you rate it Veeky Forums?

9/10 too watery for me

Yeah, I put in a bit too much milk by mistake which made it a little sloppy.

Gold start, if you want you could have the oats and make some eggs and grab some veggies on the side! Also OJ or coffee would be good to drink with a glass of water

I'll probably go with water, as I just have OJ every now and then in the afternoon if I feel like it. Are there any benefits of juice over water as a morning beverage, e.g. fibre and nutrition? I'd imagine I'm getting enough fibre from the oats.

Cut the nanners, use stevia instead of honey for sweetness, use less liquid, add Greek yogurt, add a tbsp of pb, make it THICC.

There, you've got the perfect oats.

Also you could try savory oats sometimes, they're fucking dope.

>3/4 cup chicken broth
>Bring to a boil with chopped mushrooms
>Add oats
>Reduce heat
>Add salt, pepper, and fresh or dried thyme
>Add a pat of butter
>Cook till thicc as hell
>Optional, but sometimes I grate some Pecorino or Parmesan into it
>Top with a crispy fried egg

Delicious and Veeky Forums, good for brekkie but also a great side dish for your chicken and spinach too. Sometimes I chop up some roast chicken and add it in there too.

Now you're on to something serious there. I'll consider it.

Also meant to say *bring to a boil with chopped mushrooms and garlic. I also add a splash of apple cider vinegar to cut the richness.

Garlic is definitely a must. I also sometimes top this with this yogurt dill sauce with low carb that they have at ALDI.

Hope you try it OP, you can do tons of variations too.

6/10
add a little protein powder and a few nuts. that meal is really carb heavy. Needs protein and fat

Your presentation disgust me, no one in Veeky Forums can cook for shit.

My oats:
>1 part oats
>1 part water
>1 part milk
>banana
>~1/2 scoop of chocolate whey powder, substitute for cocoa powder if necessary

What kind of nuts do you reckon?

Almondos

Interestingly enough, I had almond slices on top the first time I tried it, but ditched them because it didn't help the texture of it and I already had almond milk. Come to think of it though, having actual nuts in there probably would help.

every minute you spend organizing your food for gay little instagram pics is another minute i'm spending under the bar

fag

OP here.
I agree with you. You're half asleep when you have it, and you're likely not even around anyone else. It's just nutritional value for the rest of the day, tweaking it around is faggy.

I have the same recipe as yours,been having it for almost 2 months now. I add some cinnamon powder as garnishing and some dry melon/sunflower seeds to it as well. Cut the honey,the sweetness from milk and banana is enough.

use a cup of milk instead of water. actually cook oats until done. then add extras

>2018
>still eats breakfast
Do you like being a fat fuck, user?

>>couple minutes on stove
Am I the only person on fit that knows microwaves exist. Three minutes, one dish.

>2018
>still eats
Enjoying that diabetes and shitty body?

Microwaves aren't as healthy. I'd also rather be able to stir/see it when I'm cooking.