Is my back supposed to be sore after deadlifting? I just got my max for the first time...

Is my back supposed to be sore after deadlifting? I just got my max for the first time, for the program im starting in a few weeks. My hamstrings, quads, and glutes feel 100% fine but by lower back is pretty damn sore

Probably because the bar position on the floor is in an unnatural position. Bar can be anywhere from mid foot to touching shins depending on the rest of your setup.

Don't keep listening to the youtube "experts" if the form is causing pain

it's not pain, its like soreness. When I lay down it goes away, but it's still kind of tight. When I deadlift I touch my shins.

lower back pain can often be caused by tight hamstrings, you'll probably want to warm them up more and see if there's a difference

Yes, its tightness in the lower back, it happens, especially when you're lifting heavy. But if you feel actual pain, you are doing something wrong.

google DOMS

also search the catalog for the QTDDTOTT

I can tell the difference between soreness in pain in most of my body (most prominently when I fuck up OHP/Bench press and hurt my shoulder), but how can I tell lower back pain vs soreness?

Is there any way to tell if back sore/pain is due to workout vs a sedentary office job?

if you did an exercise which directly targeted a painful area it's probably bad form

sounds like you just worked it out. soreness isn't pain from injury. You should probably deload and keep training it before getting heavier. Also do pic related meme exercise on your non diddly days to help strengthen and condition your lower back. hold a pl8 on your chest while you do it.

if your lower back pain is "spikey" like slightly stabby that is BAD.

if your lowerback pain is like hot, or incomfy, or burny that is OKAY.

try shrugging your shoulders and bringing your shoulderblades back - you may not have as much upper back tightness as you think.

ok thank god im fine

Surprisingly, this was me

My back would feel sore and ache, and I’d frequently have to pop my back to relief the pain. Asked PT over in the hospital and she recommended doing back extensions and hamstring exercises.

2 weeks later, after doing hamstring isolation exercises and various other back extension stuff, my lower back feels fine. Actually haven’t popped my back in a few days come to think. I also think my posture improved a little as well.

SNAP CITY

Is there some kind of weird smear campaign about deadlifts going on right now? This whole board is getting filled with shitposts about deadlifts injuries. It takes two minutes to watch a video about the proper form you retards

No, very normal

SNIBETTI SNAB XDDDDDDD

bump

Do you squat?

dyels trying to go heavier to impress the gym chads

>just got back from the gym
>waiting for barbell, two Changs diddlying lmao3pl8
>used the barbell after them
>DYEL new lifter, last time doing DLs managed lmao1pl8
>didn't feel like my max, but letting myself progress slowly to keep up form and not snap my shit up
>progressing 5lbs at a time, but this time went with 10lb increase to very slightly mitigate the fact that I got fucking mogged hard by Chang
>did 3x5 no problem, will keep moving up

I know it's babby weight, but diddlies feel so damn good, man. Lower back feels sore when I wake up the next day, but haven't had any actual pain.

I have been squating recently yes, in preparation for the powerlifing program im about to start.

even if your form is fine if you dont rest when youre sore you could end up in snap city

it's how i bulged a disc, took me 4-5 months to get back to full mobility. don't ignore it and work through it - just take a week off posterior chain compounds and do something else

do myofascial release with a tennis ball, it's amazing at relieving tension from the days after heavy deads

If its in your spine it bad, if it in muscle it good

Using your lower back to pill rather than activating your posterior chain - core glutes hams. Will hypertrophy your erector spinae but overtime fuck you up son. Drop the weight and learn how to pull properly.

Why are there so many fucked up lower back threads recently?

Many people have lower back issues, especially powerlifters. Look up athlean-x's video on lower back pain, also look up the "reverse hyper" which was invented specifically to fix this issue and works very well.

Also I've noticed that a strong lower back and big glutes will give you those 2 sexy dimples above your ass that everyone likes

see you fall in the "noob" scenario. Deload and focus on form.

>2 sexy dimples above your ass that everyone likes
the "Dimples of Venus"? Those are 100% genetic, albeit some fat and/or muscle distribution may accentuate them. You either have them or don't.
>tfw male with Venus dimples
>tfw faggots in the showers complimented me on them
If you have them, as a male, it's almost necessary to compliment them with Apollo's belt

>back always feels amazing after deadlifts
>hurt my back 3 diff times doing squats

Why am I like this

you have a sliped disc user

you might be retarded, user.

It is a primarily back oriented lift so soreness, especially when you lift heavy, is pretty normal. If you're using good form and the pain subsides by the next time you deadlift I wouldn't be concerned.

This is me except with The Press™
My low back feels like shit for days after and then deadlifts make it feel better

His problem is likely over engagement of the lower back, without involved upper back, hammies, and glutes.

Sounds like a form issue op. Deload, and really work the range of motion with emphasis in hams and glutes. Rdls would be a good exercise for you, along with v lightly weighted good mornings to condition the hamstrings.

Duels always bulk and overtrain over winter my man

If you feel it in your low back but not your glutes or hammies youre doing them wrong.

My lower back cracked doing deadlifts today. No symptoms, but it was pretty loud. How long until I lose the ability to walk?

>doing diddlies just lmao2pl8
>lower back fucking hurts
>switch to straight leg diddly with 185
>no pain at all
????? Do I have compressed disc or something?

>I have been squating recently yes
Squats are a top tier spinal erector exercise. I'd wait until your lower back is free from soreness then squat a bunch to build up your low back before even attempting deadlifting. Not sure about your exact scenario tho but your question tells me you must be a total noob to not know how your lower back soreness works. Build up your low back squatting then try again. Front squats in particular are great for this because of the more vertical back angle and less chance of lower back rounding.

>feel a weird lower back crack mid deadlift, 4th rep
>try to keep my back more straight for the last rep
>feel the crack again

deadlifts can be spooky as fuck

here
For me I think I was rounding my back on those sets and straightening it up was a fault for the crack

>first time lifting today
>heard something about starting with BW
>load 200kg on bar
>they didnt have any small weights (im 204kg) but i guessed this will work as warm up
>start lifting
>bar is almost lifting, beast mode engaged
>feel crack in back
>suddenly cant move
>dragged my ass back home without use of legs
Pretty damn humiliating desu
Anyways when can i expect to feel my legs again? Is this DOMS?

I hope it's something like that with no underlying injury. I'm going to lay off deadlifts for a week or two and then deload heavily while trying to fix my form.

>Crack in back
>Is this doms
The absolute state of Veeky Forums

>not recognizing the most obvious of shit-posts
No, this is the absolute state of Veeky Forums.

>re-hashing old memes

>using your back muscles at all for any lift
havent you ever heard "lift with your legs"? fucking idiot