/fast/ #128 - thicc gf edition

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>REQUIRED READING!
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2440847/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4111762/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC329619/pdf/jcinvest00482-0014.pdf

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0&feature=youtu.be [Open]
While you're at it watch the rest of this guy's videos on nutrition.

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>HERES WHY YOU ARENT ACTUALLY HUNGRY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 8% BODYFAT
youtu.be/dFT2IKmwyfg [Open]

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
take around 4700 mg of potassium per day max 2000 up to 3000 mg of sodium per day max
MIX THIS INTO AT LEAST A LITER OF WATER, sip it through the day. This will keep you hydrated.
This is regularly referred to as snake juice.

>DYEL?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.
>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. 1000s of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
Your body remains very anabolic when you fast, and fasting is a muscle-sparing way of cutting

FAQ.

>Where can I find potassium?
The grocery store salt aisle.

>Can't I just take potassium pills?
No. They don't contain enough potassium.

>Should I take a multivitamin?
Not unless you're on a monthlong marathon fast.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4031584/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9682182)
youtube.com/watch?v=8V4FfYVyPx0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

endure the hunger, faggots
drink black coffe or sparkling water to blunt it

why is low volume thought as better for fasted individuals than a moderate volume?
I do not want to take high volume into consideration, because we all know that high volume is something that is totally useless outside specific niche of the niche situations.
For an example:
If I were to manage 12 pushups, then I would
have the strength AND endurance to have some energy reserves to do a meaningful and impactful reps for a harder version of pushups.
Why is 3-5 reps better in that regard?

Also, do you also have rest days while fasting a long period? Or do you have some kind of stimulating maintenance workouts to keep the body used to the load, since apparently(?) fasting speeds up the regeneration of the body?

oh, and what I forgot:
I am breaking my fast for before work.
It is manual labour and it is exhausting.
Yesterday I was a fatass and munched 3 (THREE! -> ~300g -> ~1500kcal) chocolate bars down and worked like I was on crack (being happy and shit).
Why are carbs, refined carbs at that, so good at doing this?
And how many grams of carbs do you normally ingest before work?
And if you can explain, metabolically, why?

What I want to say is, how do I actually become able to do accord work fastly while not eating so much carbs?

I dranked a tea without sugar or anything, but after a few minutes I got hunger(I never feel hunger in the morning)
Did that tea spiked my insulin a little bit?

How do you guys drink your snek juice? It's just so disgusting. Literally makes me feel nauseous it's so gross.

>30 kg to lose
>231000 kcal of fat to burn
>2200 tdee
>fasted 1 day
>228800 kcal to go

~110 more days to go

Coffee and tea have caffeine. They may or may not affect your insulin levels.

You sip it throughout the day, not chug it down.

Consider part of your weight , water weight. So acctually is less that that, maybe 25kg.

vaping also helps with this. Really any nicotine or tobacco

would definitely bang her if she stays in that position

buy electrolytes, not as disgusting and you can just mix small amounts in your glass over the day.

>x mg of sodium
Just to make sure, this does refer to "pure" sodium, right? It always confuses me when people just talk of sodium and potassium alone because a lot of them actually mean sodium chloride.

>They may or may not affect your insulin levels.
stop
Coffee both black and decaf and green tea are proven to suppress hunger and have zero effect on insulin. Dont spread mis info here please.

How do you prevent lactic acidosis

>>Should I take a multivitamin?
>Not unless you're on a monthlong marathon fast.
Pretty sure you don't need a multi even if you're fasting for half a year.

I legit do not understand you guys.
It's just SALT and WATER. How is that disgusting?

You prudes would probably burst into tears if somebody forced you to drink tap water from the bronx instead of bottled avina. Good lord.

>being this stupid

Is it ok for me to eat 800-900 calories a day? I'm a 20yo 5'4.5" female

Can you prove you need a multivitamin? I've fasted for a month before on just snake juice and came out perfectly fine. Lots of people here have.
You don't need a multivitamin. Your body can supply enough vitamins you need on its own already when you're fasting.

>thicc gf edition
You had to go there, didnt you?

how long before ketosis kick in?

I can't find any explicit information on it, so: any of you guys have experience with water fasting and modafinil? I'm mainly concerned about its potential effects on autophagy since I'm a fat-as-fatass and I'm fasting for loose skin reduction

I found a Pajenglish (pajeet-english) study here: ( ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4031584/ ) that said a placebo group and a modafinil group did not have significant differences in fasting blood glucose (which means modafinil had no effect on blood glucose at that level, therefore no effect on insulin, and therefore glucagon was free to be secreted and autophagy would result). However, the fast period was probably less than 16 hours so minimum blood glucose levels weren't reached. Thus there remains a possibility that it could be increased by modafinil if we were at minimum levels and the body "had more reason to increase it," so to speak.

The other main concern would be modafinil stimulating cortisol production (which would also increase blood sugar) but there's also a study on that (ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9682182) that shows cortisol levels were not significantly different between a modafinil and a placebo group.

I'm also open to the possibility of being called a faggot and told to stop using modafinil and that extraneous substances go against the proven science or the principle of water fasting. I mainly take it for cognitive benefits and reduction of daytime tiredness (just due to shitty body, I don't have obesity-related sleep apnea thank Christ)

What factors cause death during water fasting?

No, start bulking, at least hit 3000cal/day and lift.
Then post pics of
>dat ass, doe.

This is thicc gf edition.

I mean modafinil groups already show pretty significant and consistent weight loss without trying. Whether that's reduced appetite or not idk, but it seems like it'll help fasting, either by augmenting weight loss or just making it easier appetite-wise

Is it normal to get progressively weaker and colder with each day?
Why do I get that? Isn't my metabolism supposed to increase during fasting?

Usually 36 hours

That's usually a symptom of severe calorie restriction, not fasting.
You sure you're fasting, homie? What're you taking in exactly?

Snake juice and green tea the first 72 then I did a refeed and another 72 with only snake juice but I suffered the same symptoms. My lifts were shit on the refeed day, I'll be pretty pissed if I lost muscle mass

32 hrs in on a planned 96hr fast.
Just black coffee and water, other then fantasizing about food no ill side affects.
Am i doing it right?

3 days isn't really a lot of time to go off of to see if you're killing yourself. 3 days is usually the time it takes for your body to stop being horny for food and to kick into ketosis.
Don't fast for 3 days. The first 3 days of fasting are always the hardest, with fasting becoming easier and smoother past that initial bump.
Try shooting for 7 days and seeing how you feel then.

If you feel weak you're probably easing into Ketosis, you've run your glycogen storage to 0, you should feel better when you get over to ketosis

Cold? Pretty sure thats the blood from your extremities moving to where its needed, the fat being deconstructed to move the fat acids entering your blood stream, pretty sure I watched this from snake mong, can't remember

I am fairly lean and I thought 7 days of straight fasting weren't recommended in my case. I have lost 8kg so far though

thank you very much bro

Tea on an empty stomach gives me mad nausea

Is there anyway I can stop stomach pains or my stomach screaming for food. Usually I last till about 1 I'm the afternoon before my stomach hurts and won't stop making noise. Any tips to stop this

72 hours in
I think i'll snap
> Thinking 24/7 of eating some juicy beef
help

>tfw literally this
I have to stick to coffee on a fast.
Tea fucks me up.

Really wish I had ketostix but he amazon dealers don't ship it to Iceland it appears. I'll shoot for a longer fast then

im not fat,
is 1 or 2 24 hour fasts a good idea to get a bit more cut?

is aching muscles a symptom of keto flu?

I been doing IF for a few days, and im not entirely sold on it.
It feels like im never staying enough on ketosis and im just fucking up my muscles instead of my fat.
Am i doing it wrong?

Fasting is severe calorie restriction. There is no actual scientific evidence fasting offers any kind of "metabolic increase" or fat loss advantage over a starvation diet or any other calorie restricted diet. For someone interested in actually having muscles and lifting heavy things a PSMF approach would be superior.

k

STOP POSTING FAT ASS BITCHES YOU FUCKS

I'm planning to fast for about 3 days a week (one meal at night) with 4 normal days (two meals).
What I'm confused about is my calorie intake, how much should I reduce it to prevent gaining fat but also not lower my metabolism?
I flipped through Dr. Fung's book but didn't find anything on that topic just general schemes for fasting.

What is the most God tier meal to break a fast with? Tomorrow will be my first meal in a week but I can't decide what I want to gorge myself with.

Not eating salt and potassium for a long time, could cause hearth problems and death. Also need multivitamins for extended periods of time .WARNING: fasting could cause autism and tripfagging

Metabolism is not damagable, that's an old Layne Norton myth that has been debunked by reputable researchers.

>Also need multivitamins for extended periods of time
Source? I'm pretty sure you don't.

Gorging yourself......

Bake 1 chicken breast and go to the gym

Some soup or pudding or something.
Don't gorge yourself retard. Why are you even fasting?

My fasting stack:

Selenium
12 drops of Lugol's 2%
Garcinia Forskolin
Yohimbine HCL
B vitamin sublingual
Magnesium

one or two nicotine gums 2mg, every day. One 7mg patch every few days when I feel like it

+ cold showers, nofap, some exercise and meditation

what else can I use to blunt my appetite and increase my energy levels?

So as an easy fasting routine, what would you about fasting on alternating days while having a 6 hour eating window on non-fasting days. Like:

Monday - 6 hour period
Tuesday - Fast
Wednesday - 6 hour period
Thursday - Fast
Friday - 6 hour period
Saturday - Fast
Sunday - 6 hour period

Would this be worth pursuing?

youtube.com/watch?v=8V4FfYVyPx0
No add sugar, of course.
And sparkling water.

Low volume isnt necessarily better on a cut. See Mike israetel about this.

Personally think it would be easier to maintain a 4hrs every day period or 3 days fasting in a row instead of alternating. But thats just me

Well I have been doing 6 hours eating intermittent fasting for a while now and I wanted to kick it up a notch.

Yeah it is EOD witha six hour eating (eating not force feeding yourself crap) window is similair to what I did for a while, the weight just keeps coming and staying off.

Stupid question here;

Why can't I just eat the salt separate from the water?

Anyone here has a thic gf?
How is it? Tell us everthing

WHYYYYYY?

[spoiler]BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP[/spoiler]

You can, it's just that eating a huge concentration of raw salt all at once is extremely unpleasant, or probably nigh impossible due to gag reflex

So dissolving the salt in water helps it go down easier because there's a lower concentration of salt particles per sip. Obviously once you've finished drinking all the water you dissolved the salt in, you've still consumed the same amount of salt that you would have if you took it all at once

as in omad .
sure , but water fasting is better

Whats the point of 96h fast? What are you trying to achieve?

Big salad, 1/4th as much meat (by weight).

So 400g of a mixed salad, 100g of chicken breast for example.

No refined sugar or processed junk.

Personally i threw in a sliced up apple and cashews on top.

Fukin hate tea and black coffee lad. Guess I got it covered anyway

First few days are the hardest, once you finish today you can keep going as long as you want

Dilute it more then.

If going on a fast more than 2 weeks magnesium is a good idea. Just a little

you're talking fucking nonsense. there's a huge difference between severe caloric restriction and fasting. if you want proof, just fucking try it for yourself and see.

>Eat omad 1000 calories wake up refreshed
>eat 2k feels like i didnt even sleep
What is this magic

Im 1 month into OMAD.

Jesus, how the fuck can people eat 3 meals a day(plus snacks)?
I feel weird and kinda sick just watching my relatives eating that much/frequent

>how the fuck can people eat 3 meals a day

the time I would spend in the kitchen without /fast/.

I can eat way more diverse everyday with spending an hour tops preparing food. No need to force down dry chicken with rice ever.

Not him, but in case anyone is interested, this is some of the benefits of a 96 hours fast

Your IGF-1 levels will drop to around half of what an average persons is, dropping this should drop your chance of developing certain cancers (like Prostate cancer)

Your blood sugar will drop massively, it will help align your leptin and ghrelin responses,

You will also lose some weight

I eat before i lift on IF 20/4. You might need another day of recovery in your routine on a defecit, i did.

How long are you going to OMAD?

Kek. People dont realize OMAD is the best thing ever. Fucking PERFECT to lose weight and even great to bulk. Just make a huge meal with enough broteins and all the food you enjoy.

>O'Mad? How do you know my nickname?

saw that ;)

20/4 or 18/6 is really nice for bulking if you can't force down over 3000 cals in one sitting.

>1 big meal
>some fruit after
>chill 2 hours
>huge shake with banana, peanut butter, protein powder etc.
>3k cals, 150gr+ brotein

Im gonna have to agree with you. Mouth spray master race reporting in. Lung cancer fags (via unregulated "flavors" or leaf burning) get out!

>You babies could never handle my hometown estrogen juice!

Its bretty good but their buttholes stink like poo.

SW: 195
CW: 176.2
GW: 8%BF (last estimated at 165 pounds)

Had been doing OMAD most of the time for years. Started ramping up the fasting in mid January, and am now basically doing Snakeman's lean maitenance plan (except still eating within a small window on the three feed days instead of all day long). I'm measuring myself every five pounds to get a better estimate of what my goal weight should be (although at this point it seems say to say I want to want to hit somewhere in the mid 160s).

Hardest part has been working six nights a week at a restaurant, which means sometimes I'll be 48 hours fasted, doing fairly physical work, and surrounded by food & people who love talking about food. Next week I should be going back to four shifts for a while, which means I'll be able to drastically dial back my coffee consumption, and schedule fasts so that the last part always falls on nights when I can just chill in bed the whole evening.

I work out pretty much every day (either lifting or yoga). Performance-wise I haven't noticed a huge impact at the gym, just that I run out of energy faster on fasted days, and have to keep it short. Yoga classes are hard as fuck when I haven't eaten in 36+ hours.

If I feel up to it I'm going to try slipping in more than one 72 per week, at least until the next 10 pounds are off. After that I'm not sure what maintenance will look like - 3x/week might still work if I cut down on cardio & have more than one meal on the feed days.

Is it possible to fast and do an hypertrophy/strength routine?

??? of course. If you wanna make gains just eat a caloric surplus

So, I go to work at 9:00 am, eat at 2:00 pm and have dinner at 9:00-10:00 pm.

The point is, as a beginner, i should drop breakfast, eat some green tea at the morning for kicking that metabolism and eat my normal calorie intake between 2:00 pm and 10:00 pm, right?

How many bananas should I eat for that potassium? 2, 3 ?

Why do they call it a restaurant? Every time I try to rest or rant there, they kick me out.

Just reached day 4 of water fasting for the first time. I'm feeling great and more focused, and the most important thing is that I don't think of eating at all. I know it's just the start and I have probably two or three weeks to reach my goal but this is a great boost on my confidence. I'm so happy for meeting /fast/, t-thanks anons.

>chan.org/testimonials/

Congrats, user
Keep going, you are not alone

fellow coldshowerfag here , i meditate too
i think the two together are a catalyst to each other . fellow anons try it for a week !

get some keto sticks, son

and a cup to pee in

I've actually been CRAVING vaping since I've started fasting, but I'm trying to resist looking like a tool...

cup? what's wrong with your mouth?

1/4 teaspoon of nosalt into shot glass (>800mg)
warm water into shot glass
stir
shoot
chase with huge gulps of normal water
do that 4-5 times a day rather than sip shitty snake juice like a chump

either/or, I guess.

forgot to add you still obviously need to take sodium, do whatever you want for sodium. I find that it's only the potassium chloride that makes snake juice taste gross, not normal salt.