Audio/fit/

Any audiophiles here? How do you listen to your music Veeky Forumsizens?
I asked on /hpg/ but theyre just sennheiser and schiit shills so ill ask here.

I want to bring headphones to the gym because the gym music is bad and the quality is also bad.
I don't like IEMS and cables. I thought about wireless headphones(that one bose and that one sony) but theyre probably shit and overpriced just cause theyre wireless.
So the plan is to make wired headphones wireless with something like fiio btr1.
The next issue with this is pads. Pleather is bad in sweat/humidity, real leather is hard to find as stock pads and if u replace the pads u change the sound in headphones so Im thinking velour pads and wash them every 2 weeks or something.
Closest I found are Beyer Custom Studio but they might not be easy to drive and need a decent amp/dac.
Suggestions? 200-400 euro price range btw.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X1Y4N3RCY9Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sennheiser

Schiit

Sennheiser is unironically the best.

I only use the iPhone earbuds because that’s only what I can afford for now. I’m trying to save up for headphones/earbuds that are wireless. Gets annoying as fuck with the long wire at the gym desu.

My headphones

I'm buying my first house next week, already got my power rack, rower, elliptical, and a shit load of weights. I need a bad ass stereo system to go in my 500sqft garage which will be turned into a gym.

What are some recommendations for a solid sound system? I'd like to have lots of good bass. No HOA, so hit me with some good recommendations Bros.

>headphones on Veeky Forums
What are we /b/ for muscular men now?

I literally bought a $12 pair of Chinko knockoff bluetooth headphones for the gym. The audio isn't superb, but it's also not complete shit and cancels out most of the surrounding noise.

If they break/die like my last pair of knockoffs then I'm not out $200+ for the designer bullshit

>Muscular people

Kek

I collect headphones and my daily users and go to gym headphones are the V-Moda M-100 over ear. Structual quality is second to none and with an inline amp they rival a few $1000+ headsets i own with sound quality

DT990 Pro with DAC

they are pretty good, altough my hearing isnt some super sensitive

Works for me

but theyre open or do u have homegym?
how often do you clean ur pads? do they get too hot lifting?

Sennheiser shills?

I'm.So. Fucking.Sick.
So. Fucking. Tired.

Of everything being pawned off a fucking shill. I've got a degree in Audio Engineering and Electronic Music. I'm a professional sound designer, producer, and recording engineer. I have been using the same pair of sennheisers for years- maybe the 'shills' are just people who know what the actual fuck they are talking about.

That said. Get a pair of Audio Technica M-40's and you'll never regret it- to reach something else of that quality you'd have to spend over 5x the cash, and the lightweight plastic chassis makes it okay for like activity with the over ears. High intensity stuff shouldn't be done with headphones anyway.

never said sennheiser was bad just the shills in /hpg/ are too much

been using M-50s daily for 8 years now. still pretty hard to beat, only needed to replace the pads once and put a sleeve over the headband (pleather shit deteriorated). the only headphones I like better are the DT770 Pro but the wiring quality is shit and they tend to break.

as for gym headphones, I use cheap chinkshit directly from china. it's not fun when an expensive pair of earbuds break, but when a $5 pair of earbuds that are comfortable and sound "good enough" break, it's no biggie. I'm not focusing on the clarity of the mids when I'm holding something that can kill me over the top of my head, and I don't wear them as a fashion statement.

Sansa Clip Zip + 128GB MicroSD + Cheap comfortable earbuds that loop over the ear. Will never change this setup.

>da beautiful piece of finnish engineering

im not using them for lifting
just purely music

for lifting i use earbuds
lately AKG
but often sennheisers 3.0

not gonna shell out for fucking expensive buds for lifting

>not for lifting
go to another board faggot

>Audio Technica

My first pair never worked properly, remind me why I'd buy a brand I haven't had any luck with again?

I see that shitheiser shills are literally everywhere, not just on /g/
You can't care that much about audio quality. Carrying on proper semi-opens is autismal. Carrying on fully closed monitors is autismal and utterly inconvenient if you're actually breaking a sweat.
I unironically use SoundPEATS Q12 Bluetooth phones and they suit me good enough. At home I have a pair of Superlux HD681, wonderful and cheap.

damn youre dense

im not going to use 250OHM headphones for lifting
like i said i use earbuds

>le memetic Himalayan pink salt lamp

>Sansa Clip Zip
Rockbox + Opus format?

>le memetic Himalayan pink salt lamp
I ment that speaker

this guy gets it

Best 20$ I ever spent

Smartomi Hoop

Hifiman he-500

poorfag xonar dgx+akg k92 reporting in

user go to CNET not Veeky Forums.

Had a pair of the m-40's and they were good but have switched to the bose qc-35's. audio might not be quite as good but they're bluetooth and the noise cancelling is unreal. Perfect for flying and also drowning out cunts at the gym.

>video game music

>worse sound for 3x the price just cause muh wireless
this is why u dont fall for wireless meme

>muscular men
>on Veeky Forums

Just get a decent pear of bluetooth wireless headphones you faggot. Save your audiophile gear for when you're relaxed or at your desk. If you're bringing several hundred dollar equipment to the gym, well, aren't you a tryhard.

>but theyre probably shit and overpriced just cause theyre wireless.

You’re poor and retarded.

I own a lot of flagship wireless headphones. Bose QC35, Sen PXC550, Sen momentum2, BangOlufsen Beoplay H9, B+W PX. If you’ll use it at the gym, the number one concern is fit and how securely it grips your brainpan. You mostly won’t notice the sound quality differences between these outside of bass levels.

>That price range
Damn niggie
Just get the wireless Senn Momentums

if you didn't rma them that's your own fault

What’s your budget.

A great starter system is Elac B5 speakers and an onkyo A 9011. It should cost you around 500.

Sounds like imaging, soundstage etc won't be important to you, so focus on a system that has good PRAT (Pace, Rythum, and Timing). Onkyo A-9010 amplifier or Rotel RA-10 would be a good choice, with Wharfedale diamond series speakers.

Also don't be afraid of the used market (eBay is great for this). HiFi products depreciate like nothing else so you can pick up some seriously crazy stuff for fuck all money.

Skullcandy earbuds

youtube.com/watch?v=X1Y4N3RCY9Q

This, I got a pair of these half off during a deal and I've had them for a few years. I wear them everywhere.

I use some jaybird x3's. Not the best sound I've ever heard, but not that bad either. You don't really need the best possible sound when working out so I'd value comfort more as long as the sound is atleast decent.

Patrician

music is gay

Sony MDR1000X is unironically the best Bluetooth HiFi headphones you can get. They sound alot better than Bose Qc35' got better noise isolation and it's almost as comfortable as Bose's. You'll be done for life after those.

Not even close to best. Current top dawg is BW PX.

Fucking peasant.

Sony has better battery life, more comfortable, supports high res audio on both wired and wireless. Balanced highs and mids. With better isolation technology. Except for the aluminum build b&o are nothing much ahead compared Sony.

You know, some things are simply better than others, and stating that doesn't make you a shill. If you asked what's the best full body exercise and we all said deadlifts, we you call us deadlift shills?
>inb4 someone says they're not the best exercise
Not the point

>Senn Momentums
Good taste
>wireless
Bad taste

Get an Onkyo 2-channel receiver, a pair of Polk floorstanding speakers, and a powered subwoofer.

>the gym music is bad and the quality is also bad.
The food is terrible and the portions are too small

>ome things are simply better than others, and stating that doesn't make you a shill
anyone suggesting shitheiser is either a shill or a gullible idiot, pick your poison I guess.

I’m talking about the bowers and wilkin you illiterate peasant.

I always go Bose for headphones because my best friend works for them and gets me everything half off, that being said I like Klipsch more than Bose for speakers.

I take it both of those brands get absolutely dicked down by other brands but w/e they sound pretty great to me.

Cheap Bluetooth headphones from big lots
The label just reads FC BT200
Unironically the best headphones I’ve ever had

Try the ear buds with the changeable soft tips so you can size it to your ears, they're like fifteen dollars and block out sound pretty good.
>How do you listen to your music Veeky Forumsizens?
Cellphone + ear buds.

Dont take proper headphones to the gym thats fucking disgusting, theyll get sweaty as fuck and eventually start to smell like shit

I tried my custom ones ones time they were fucking soaked I have velour.
I just got some beats by Dre powerbeats 3 they sound great and wireless I can just throw my phone on the rack and ignore everything

Really? Would they be that bad?

>He doesn't blast war metal every workout for maximum trve natty gains

>le memetic hard/heavy/viking/dark metal
every time

t. soyboy

t. calls other people soyboy in the internet but is a soyboy irl

Can someone recommend some durable in-ear headphones?

I've been going through a pair of skullcandys ($8) every few weeks which I only started doing because my Audio Technicas died as well.

I'm currently looking at some Shure SE215s but I'm open to suggestions (preferably

I listen to Anime music in the gym. The way their voices tickle my eardrums give me motivation to lift more, so that I can be worthy of my waifu

Schiit Modi 2 DAC
Mackie 8 channel mixer
Behringer 2 ch eq
dbx 266xs compressor/limiter
Crown 2000 XTI
2x JBL JRX 115

Plus I have a 55" 4k TV and a Plex Media Server

So many people hate on this setup, esp for a livingroom setup. Loud enough I can open the windows and have a fire in the backyard, and still hear it plenty clear. Pretty responsive, sounds really good even at sane TV volume.

also for headphones I have some Shure SE535 I run on a Soundblasdter E5x DAC.

For gym setup I usually use some cheap senn earbuds.