MEAT

What does Veeky Forums think about the all-meat diet? (also known as zero carb or carnivore).

I first got exposed to the idea on the Joe Rogan podcast with Dr. Shawn Baker. For the past few weeks I have steadily been increasing the percentage of meat, fat, organs, and eggs into my diet.

Am I gonna make it?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26868600
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22377900
youtube.com/watch?v=Lc23vYwPihU
docfinder.docboard.org/nm_orders/Baker, Shawn Mark.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck off

Originallyio

retarded. Why would you do that? Eat your veggies. Use some common fucking sense and stop falling for these meme diets.

we don't have the enzymes to digest vegetables, eating them doesnt make sense

how do you even shit without vegetable fiber?, you would be constipated

We don't have enzymes to digest cum but you eat that

Based, but you also need fermented meats and connective tissues (marrow, blood, egg shells, fish scales etc.)

Of course also raw dairy is nice, as well as some fresh, local fruits on occasion. Also drinking less water is a good idea.

>we don't have the enzymes to digest vegetables
lol

Oh, also never fucking cook your food.

we do not produce cellulose synthase

Sounds like a great way to die of a heart attack at 40.

how come? do you eat your meat previously frozen and raw?

That's odd, because I get a ton of my macros from vegetables. Maybe you are just fucked up.

the bacon grease theory of heart disease is obsolete

I remember once going to the doctor and it was this obese woman who told me not to eat red meat. These are the people you are listening to.

Termites are the only animals that do.
Because we don't directly extract energy from fiber doesn't mean that dietary fiber has no nutritive value or health purpose.

Eating fiber even makes you less of a brainlet.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26868600

No humans simply do not produce cellulose synthase, the enzyme required to properly break down cellulose (plant fiber)

Vegetables aren't made of cellulose you fucking brainlet.

O RLY?

i'm trying to comprehend how fucking stupid you are.

All meat probably not a good idea. Mostly meat, I think is not so bad.

I am 6' 2", 190lbs, 23 years old. I eat mostly meat:

breakfast: bacon & eggs
lunch: ham sandwich, oatmeal
dinner: chicken or steak with potatoes and a veggie.

So right there most of my servings are meat. Shits are good, I'm super high energy and high test, big old beard and good skin.

I'd recommend it mostly because these days the vegans are pushing so god damn hard to get rid of meat that eating large quantities of meat is an attractive counter-culture. Plus I mean we are on a fitness board. More specifically it is a strength building, body building focused board. Meat, especially beef, is the absolute best nutrition for gaining muscle. I ate like 4 high-quality striploins a week for like two months and my weight and strength shot way up, it was amazing.

Ok everyone keeps calling me a retard because I said we do not produce cellulose synthase and thus cannot properly digest insoluble plant fiber. How is this wrong?

go drink a bottle of soy you gyno-having, immigrant-welcoming faggot.

It's not, they are simply slaves.
>eating processed desaturated meats
Might as well just eat a bag of sugar

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26868600
cool

That doctor has been known to be a fraud. Don't do the all meat diet. Just go keto.

Vegetables contain sugars and starch which we can digest. They also contain fiber which we can't digest.

yeah I think the average diet for everyone should be modified atkins diet.

keto diet for those who can afford the time and money involved

carnivore diet for ????
>still trying to figure this last part out, although I have read quite a few accounts at this point of people who had severe chronic health issues disappear when they switch to this diet.

Or a healthy diet, like the mediterranean diet

Prove it.

Lol, wow. No. Google it yourself if you're so curious.

Or just using some common sense and eating a varied and healthy diet without calling it anything.

Your body has receptors specifically to absorb compounds produced by fruits and vegetables, which then alter the expression of your genes to help prevent disease.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22377900
>the pioneering work of Tachibana et al. uncovered the receptor for (-)-epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCg) as the 67 kDa laminin receptor, which was shown to partially mediate the functions of EGCg, such as anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic, and anti-proliferative activities. Thereafter, several protein kinases were identified as binding proteins of flavonoids, including myricetin, quercetin, and kaempferol. Isothiocyanates, sulfur-containing phytochemicals present in cruciferous plants, are well known to target Keap1 for activating the transcription factor Nrf2 for inducing self-defensive and anti-oxidative gene expression. In addition, we recently identified CD36 as a cell surface receptor for ursolic acid, a triterpenoid ubiquitously occurring in plants
You are a plant-eater first and foremost

Google brings up nothing but some vegan angry at him because he goes against his cult. The vegan didn't even argue, he just ranted.

That's called the standard american diet

>poison man-made pseudo-foods trigger immune system response
STOP THE PRESSES

>Might as well just eat a bag of sugar
when did fit get so fucking dumb.

You are starving yourself, you are getting pretty much zero (0) nutrition and all you are doing is unnecessarily stressing kidneys by increasing protein consumption without proportional intake of saturated fatty acids. Nutrition must be approached holistically, not in a vacuum.

>People arguing over this.

Let OP and the rest of the brainlets do this diet. Let them learn the hard way. Who gives a shit if some sperg kills himself because some hack doctor told him to do it on an entertainment podcast.

>intentionally misunderstanding

How does saturated fat help the kidneys?

Falling for these meme diets rather than having a well balanced diet is like training only your left arm and your hamstrings exclusively

>You are a plant-eater first and foremost

Is that why we have canine teeth and vestigial molars?

The guy on the Joe Rohan podcast episode he's talking about said he barely ever poops because nearly everything he eats is getting absorbed by his body. Sounds to me like he's full of shit.

zing

"Canine teeth" is a misnomer as they're found in a wide variety of animals with different diets. Even pure herbivores have canine teeth. Pic is a hippo, largest canines in the world.
You have many flat grinding teeth in your mouth, although cooking food has had a big impact on our jaw structure.

You mean I've been eating all that grass and all those trees for nothing?

This one?
youtube.com/watch?v=Lc23vYwPihU
Don't know what you mean by just ranting. The video is argument after argument, ripping apart everything Shawn said on the podcast.

hippos are not pure herbivores.

Lot of shills in this thread!

>Like almost any herbivore, they consume other plants if presented with them, but their diet in nature consists almost entirely of grass, with only minimal consumption of aquatic plants.[56] Hippos are born with sterile intestines, and require bacteria obtained from their mothers' feces to digest vegetation.[57] Hippos have (albeit rarely) been filmed eating carrion, usually close to the water. There are other reports of meat-eating, and even cannibalism and predation.[58] The stomach anatomy of a hippo is not suited to carnivory, and meat-eating is likely caused by aberrant behaviour or nutritional stress.[7]:84

Pro-tip for arguing: cede on the petty stuff, don't cling to it. It makes it look like you've got nothing.

lol @ this low T numale lecturing a doctor with multiple world records

are you really reverting to ungulate physiology? you have clearly never researched mesonychids. the fact remains they DO eat meat.

>require bacteria obtained from their mothers' feces to digest vegetation

this is supposed to convince me?

>"doctor"
docfinder.docboard.org/nm_orders/Baker, Shawn Mark.pdf

>It is in the best interest of the public that [Shawn Baker] voluntarily and permanently surrender the license to practice medicine in the State of New Mexico, and that [Shawn Baker] agrees to a permanent restriction precluding his reinstatement, renewel, restoration, etc

Everything has been seen to eat anything at one time or another. The phrases "carnivore" and "herbivore" don't mean that no piece of plant matter has ever entered the stomach of a creature labeled carnivore, or meat in one labeled herbivore. As far as is normal, though, a wolf eats meat and a hippo eats grass.

You're right, hippos only eat meat then. That's what that means.

you are really trying to convince me that a youtuber is more knowledgable about diet and exercise than a doctor/athlete lmao

>an animal which cannot naturally digest plants is an herbivore

I think that it's fucking retarded, unused amino acids are still going to be broken down into blood glucose and or excreted so the net effect of this diet is that you're paying a lot more money and making your body work a lot harder to get the same results that you would have if you had ate a more balanced diet which would taste better, have a lower rate of colon cancer cancer and provide you with more micronutrients.

The post only shows that Shawn Baker had his medical license removed. Trying to appeal to authority isn't a good strat.
>so hippos are carnivores because their digestion starts differently from ours
Say it. Go ahead and make that statement.

>When an oxidative stressor is encountered by cells, ROS and redox potentials will initially deviate from their basal levels. The deviation, especially in ROS levels, is detected by the transducer module comprising two key proteins - Kelch-like ECH-associated protein 1 (Keap1) and Nrf2 - where Keap1 functions as the actual sensor molecule and Nrf2 relays the redox signal gathered by Keap1 to the controller module. Keap1 is a cysteine-rich protein that is anchored to the cytoskeletal actin in the cytosol (Dinkova-Kostova et al., 2002). By physically interacting with Nrf2 and acting as an adaptor protein for a Cul3-dependent E3 ubiquitin ligase complex, Keap1 promotes ubiquitination of Nrf2 and its eventual degradation by the proteasome (McMahon et al., 2003; Stewart et al., 2003; Hong et al., 2005; Kobayashi et al., 2006). Under non-stress conditions Nrf2 is rapidly degraded via Keap1, exhibiting a short half-life of 13~21 minutes (Hong et al., 2005; Kobayashi and Yamamoto, 2006). This rapid turnover keeps Nrf2 at a low basal level.

Our cells activate detoxification pathways in response to toxic compounds and plants happen to produce toxic compounds? How does this prove we are plant eaters when non-plant toxic compounds like heavy metals do the same?

>CD36 binds many ligands including collagen,[5] thrombospondin,[6] erythrocytes parasitized with Plasmodium falciparum,[7] oxidized low density lipoprotein,[8][9] native lipoproteins,[10] oxidized phospholipids,[11] and long-chain fatty acids.[12]

This is like saying we're meant to eat psychedelic mushrooms because we have serotonin 2A receptors, or smoke because we have nicotinic acetylcholine receptors....

enjoy your cancer and/or your shortened life-span coupled with a painful premature death

Well, why DO we have those receptors, user?

Hormesis is one of the reasons why vegetables are healthy and works essentially the same way that exercise works. Not eating vegetables is the dietary equivalent of living a sedentary lifestyle.

>This is like saying we're meant to eat psychedelic mushrooms because we have serotonin 2A receptors, or smoke because we have nicotinic acetylcholine receptors....
If you're stupid enough to think serotonin and nicotine are only found in drugshrooms and cigarettes. We have those receptors because healthy plant foods produce them.

>We have those receptors because healthy plant foods produce them.

So what is the actual proof of this?? Because much like nAChRs and 5-HT2ARs Keap1 and CD36 have ligands other than plant food compounds so the original posted attempt makes no sense.

Plant is for the peasants (virgin)
Meat is for nobility (CHAD)
not fucking complicated

There's literally nothing wrong with eating meat, and anyone who says otherwise is both figuratively and literally a faggot.

But you do need to eat your veggies too.

In a vacuum no, but what you buy at Walmart for 99ยข a pound isn't "just meat" which is what a lot of people fail to understand

jesus this is either b8 or you're retarded

Meat can't possible be bad for you in any way?