/PROTEIN MODIFIED FASTING/

/GENERAL/

the problem: water fast soyboys end up skinny fat dyel with muscle tissue breakdown.

solution: lyle mcdonalds rapid fat loss handbook protein modified fasting.

>PSMF is a ketogenic diet designed to jump start a weight loss program (either for rapid fat loss for a body builder or those with some weight to lose) or break a stall. It is a modified fast and as such is not a lifestyle. The idea is basically to only eat to prevent lean muscle loss (protein).

The paid pfd for free in dropbox format:

dropbox.com/sh/j41mqhcoejs4jfn/AADlsBo_tAxVPa5BH7S8kAEya/Nutrition?dl=0

tldr: only protein, veggies and omega3. around 700-1200 calories depending on stats. hit full body twice a week.

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173823031
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/182420
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9665093
lifehack.org/389060/how-much-muscle-mass-can-you-lose-during-a-water-fast
forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168554933
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This has been on my radar for literally years but I haven't had the sack to try it yet. I'm Cat 1 so it'd only be 11 days ... ugh, I need to just do it!

GOAT WAY of cutting

even misc approved:

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173823031

i took me 3 minutes to type op. why no replies u massive faggots

this method is basically the superior method of fasting.
Going to hop on it for 3-6 weeks in a couple of months.

funny this gets no replies while water fasting gets a ton
This is same gains (weightloss) as water fast but it spares your muscle
lmao

really fires up my neurons user

PSMF is legit, you will still hate yourself.
Still beats muscle loss fast

It's a bit too spartan and no frills for some people.
And there's not enough people into it.

A simple infopic that just so happened to have a link to the pdf would actually work best.

kidney stones?

nice bait

PSMF is legit. Lost a good 60 pounds on it and kept it off

did you workout? what cat? muscle/strength loss?

perfect timing on this OP, thank you.

>it's another diet fad thread on Veeky Forums

jesus you people are fucking pathetic. this is what 50 year old women spend their time on, reading and jumping on new diets.

actual bodybuilders have used this protocol you giant faggot mongrel. read the pdf before u cry like a bich boy

actual bodybuilders also use a ton of steroids you dumb inbred mongoloid nigger. looking at bodybuilders for anything healthy is fucking retarded. are you retarded?

>healthy
go suck my giant cock for semen you no brained single cell parasite. i heard its very healthy user and let us others get dick skin shredded faggot soyboy

Holla.

Best "crash diet" I've never done. I run PSMF every now and then, usually around 900-1200 calories per day. I stick with working out daily, just lower my volume and hit my mains.

Last time I ran it, I lost 19lbs in two weeks, about 10lbs of that being water weight. Usually run in two week periods.

I wish I could be there the day you die.

post giant cock pls

>muscle tissue breakdown
There's hardly any.

untrained dyel normans doesnt equal lifters.

You have hundreds of studies showing otherwise. It depends on individual stats. the more lbs you carry, more likely you are to get rekt fasting without protein

>hundreds of studies
I've posted one, you've posted none.

STUDY FIGHT!!

>this basically tells u straight up psmf is superior but you too much of a brainlet.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/182420

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9665093

lifehack.org/389060/how-much-muscle-mass-can-you-lose-during-a-water-fast

>neither links prove anything you just said
My argument was not that no muscle mass is lost, but that the amount is negligible enough that it doesn't need to be worried about. Neither studies prove that wrong.

>lifehack.org as a source

Go try to keep up with your usual workload with water fasting and come back to me again you dyel tard.

If you dont keep up with it your body will obviously break down muscle tissue over time.

This protocol is for lifters not woman + soyboys who dont lift so they dont have any muscle to lose anyways.

Water fasting if for people who are +40% bf and not gymbros tryna get shredded u mong

You are absolutely fucking braindead if you even consider fasting while lifting. You're not going to get shredded, you're just going to lose energy and slowly lose muscle. Eating a little protein won't stop that.
Just eat a normal diet, retards. Read the fucking sticky.

>You're not going to get shredded, you're just going to lose energy and slowly lose muscle.
look at this soyboy. stick the stickie up ur trap ass u dyel faggot.

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168554933

post shredded body pls

this is literally the retard version of fasting.

By hopping on/preaching PSMF, you've effectively announced to the world that you don't ACTUALLY understand how water/dry fasting actually works to any depth, especially when it comes to muscle building/breakdown

Why do you speak with so many fluff words. It's annoying.

Also you're retarded.

NOBODY LOOKING GOOD DOES A WATER FAST YOU SOYBOY. ITS FOR MORBIDLY OBESE INSECTS AND WOMAN AND NOT FOR PEOPLE TRYNA GET SHREDDED LOOKING JOOCY YOU GIANT BRAINDEAD DYEL FAGGOT

Anyone care to share success/experience with this? What was your lifting routine like during the fast? Did you feel like shit?

>TRYNA
>JOOCY
he is braindead but you are not far behind

read this thread: actual people who lift and not dumbasses who water fast

My experience with it was fantastic. I lost around 20-25lbs in 5-6 weeks, going from strongfat to fairly lean, and seeing the scale move a little bit every single morning gave me a lot of motivation.

I was an intermediate lifter at that point (squatting 160ish and benching around 115kg for 5 rep sets). My starting weight was around 95kg and I was 80something at the end. Aesthetically it was the best I've ever looked.

how much of that was water weight lost though? did u do refeeds? how was hunger and gym performance?

its tough with all the bro-speak but i think I can manage to read through this at work. Shame Veeky Forums can't have proper discussions.

What in the actual fuck is water lifting lmfao. Which gen Y eggroll made this shit up

Those 20-25lbs were from after I started eating carbs again and my weight stabilized, so the answer is 0.

yes, I did refeeds. I followed level 2 or whatever lyle called it in RFL, the category between lean and obese. it had some programmed refeeds.

I was way less hungry than I expected. My usual meals were chicken breasts and vegetables, but it was just too much food to eat so I started substituting some meals with protein powder. You're also supposed to eat a cottage cheese every day. In sum I felt like I had a lot of food to eat.

I followed the recommendation of only training twice a week. Obviously gym performance suffers, but I kept the weights heavy, volume low and cut out all the fluff from my routine. I would go in and do maybe 1 heavy set of squats followed by 2 lighter sets, then some benching and a set of deadlifts. I managed to retain a good amount of strength, but you're not going to lost 20-25lbs of BW and come out with the same lifts.

Sick sample source of 1, brah
From bodybuilding.com no less

As a RD I would have to agree with the "DYEL faggot". Independent studies show proven negatives of keto diets, and fasting diets in retention of muscle mass due to a caloric deficit's impact of increased gluconeogensis as a result of depleted glycogen stores. Body builders generally benefit before competitions with carbohydrate load timing by depleting water stores and glucose stores to optimally emphasize vascular appearance. (CHO taken right before competition)

>itt: plebbit and bb.com fags shitting up my Veeky Forums

That is not fasting, retards

Fasting means you consume no calories AT ALL.

Fasting is great for large scale fat loss, which I did to lose 20 kilos of fat. Fasting does not eat away at anything other than your body's primary energy source, which is fat.

Gonna have to correct you there user. RD from post above yours, Glucose is your primary source of fuel in your body. everything, even fat, is broken down into Glucose and used as ATP. Look up Free fatty acid oxidation if you don't believe me. I agree fasting can be healthy for most individuals, in fact complete water fasting has been coming to the forefront in medical journals lately because of a new study on rats and how chemo didn't negatively affect the group that water fasted.

worked wonders for me when i lost 50+ lbs last year, wen from 200lbs fat manlet to 142 lbs almost twink. didnt lift and as a result looked like shit which i have in turn corrected the second half of last year. thanks for the resources op ill go over it and start another 2-3 week cycle to maximize my spring physique.
im no where near you user but id like to do something similar as you did. by chance how much did your lifts suffer and did u get hunger rage at any point. i remember i was constantly hungry and angry when i did my cycle but then it could be to the fact that i did it as a 12 week cycle.
>we all gona make it brahs!

wat am i reading user? fat breaks into glucose my nigga