Mental Health

Does anyone just never seem to feel okay no matter how life is going? I always feel like things are going to implode on me at any second.
I have a date this Saturday with this awesome girl, but she's super positive all the time and I'm only fun and positive and happy on the outside. I always feel like this ticking time bomb and that sooner or later people are going to find out just how depressing I am to be around.

Try and find some hobbies that interest you and take your mind off negative things. It can be anything. Just be yourself around girls and they'll likely find whatever it is cute. It's something to talk about. Good luck.

could have something to do with your pic

Coffee mainly increases anxious feelings, not necessarily those of depression.

Find something you genuinely enjoy doing, even if you have to branch out a bit and try new things. I used to hate things like math and natural science, but now I get so much enjoyment out of learning that it makes my day just a little bit more doable to the point where I can actually say that I've had a good day.

Maybe another thing you can do is look into anything toxic in your life. Maybe that's a bad habit, maybe it's a friendship with someone that's bringing you down. Could help.

lol, coffee has nothing to do with depression you brainlet. in fact if I couldn't have coffee, I would probably be depressed

My anger is ruining my life.

fuck you coffee is great

>Does anyone just never seem to feel okay no matter how life is going?
Yeah, I've felt a constant dread and feeling of hopelessness in my chest for like two months. I've been depressed for years but it hasn't been like this before.

Did anything suddenly bring this about, or what?

I'm right there with you, user. I'm the same way. I have happy moments in my life, but no true joy. I see it in other people, and I have absolutely no idea how to get it myself. I'm just giving up trying, really, so my goal now is just to make my life as painless and easy as possible (e.g. fitness, more money, living somewhere I don't fucking loathe, etc.)

Coffee is bad for anxiety but good for depression.

>Find something you genuinely enjoy doing
>depression

That isn't how it works.

fucking normalfags

Not recognizing the irony of your post.

I've been on SSRIs, I understand what it's like to be depressed. All I'm saying is that finding something, anything, that can give you some sort of pleasure is worth pursuing.

Same, I can't keep my eyes off of politics. I was so happy before I started paying attention to the world in 2015.

I remember driving over the bridge after a decent lift session in 2014, looking out at the sunset on the harbor and genuinely saying to myself, "It's good to be alive." I haven't felt that way since.

>two months

you are like little baby

I've been closely following politics since 2008 and I've learned that politics was a mistake.

will it ever get better?

Yes I also have crippling depression and anxiety.

When I was in college I went to the school therapist. The therapist I had was still in school. She was a sweet woman that probably could have been a Stacy if she had a bigger ass/tits. I told her about all my fucked up thoughts are there were times when she just looked at me with a strange face. Like she had a "Holy fucking shit, kid. I can't fix you" look on her face. After the semester was over I found out that she didn't work at the school anymore. I hope I didn't freak her out too much.

But yeah I'll have days where I want to die and then I'll have days where I 'll feel like a fucking king. On the days I feel like shit, I'll just lift even harder. I'll feel pretty good afterwards but the feels I get after a good workout will only last for a few hours. Then I'm just back to being a sad cunt.

anxiety absolutely can cause depression and you need to find better drugs and practice better mindsets

>Does anyone just never seem to feel okay no matter how life is going?

Get enlightened and feel the exact opposite.

It’s hard to believe but when I was 12-19 I experienced some really bad anxiety and depression. Some of those years were really good but it was completely dependent on how well my life was going in general. My life was almost constant hell. I felt powerless and empty every single day. I felt heavy and like the world was bleak.

Nowadays, regardless of the emotions or general stress I have, I experience an unwavering feeling that everything is okay.

What happened was I started becoming really aggressive around 18-19, my personality changed and I was becoming more dominant with people close to me, I started getting into drugs(not too much but enough to the point where it wasn’t good). On the outside I thought my life was getting better(girls, money, popularity, respect). It was really getting worse. I hit a point where I was becoming violent and emotionally manipulative. Caused a lot of shit to go down and my mind was always going 1000 miles a minute. I was hitting rock bottom and this fake identity I had built was crumbling down.

One day I came across some spiritual teaching urging me to let go. I really had no choice at this point so I did just that. Shortly all those false beliefs and identifies starting dissapearing. I became more honest and gentle in my personality. My heart opened up and I stopped pretending to be someone, for once I let my natural personality express itself. My mind slowed down and I experienced a spiritual awakening, it was better than all the MDMA, opiates and cocaine I’ve tried, it was more relaxing and I felt purely connected to the truth of life. I felt fearless and aligned with myself 100%. The experienced ended the next day and It changed me at a deep level even though things still feel ordinary.

My only piece of advice would be to surrender and stop trying to get somewhere. Stop trying to be someone. Life is perfectly imperfect the way it is now. Let your flaws be, the negativity and the positivity are part of who you are.

Happiness is a choice, embrace stoicism. Start with reading seneca, letters from a stoic. There is also a great video about stoicism on TedEd.