Simple Keto diet

I've been out of shape for about 2 years now, ever since I started my own business and gradually stopped watching my diet and exercising.

Now I found some old motivation to get fit again. Im currently at 82kg (180lbs), I was at 72 before getting out of shape. And im 173cm tall (5'8'').

I really want to focus on working out and don't want to waste too much time on diet and meals. I pretty much don't care what I eat, so I'm totally fine with most generic, simple, repetitive keto diet.

My workout routine in the past was,
Cardio, planks, etc.. every morning, every day, with some other core workouts.
Martial arts 3 days a week
Gym/street workout 3-4 days a week

I don't expect to get right back at it right away, but quickly enough.
Living in a second world country I cant really get to a lot of fancy keto groceries, nor keto friendly protein bars. So is there any generic, simple keto receipt/grocery list? Whats the quickest way to make a simple starting diet without having to invest too much time in it?

I really want to focus on getting back to my former shape first, and then I could work on actually get the best diet possible. For now I just need something to start with.

Other urls found in this thread:

health.usnews.com/best-diet/best-diets-overall
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>2018
>falling for le keto meme

>first thing you do is go for crash diet

Staples of keto are meat, fat & veggies

Lots of lettuce, cabbage, broccoli, etc with meat fried in oil

Haven't browsed Veeky Forums for 2+ years, so what changed?

Also I've found keto fitting for myself. Never had any downsides from it, and actually functioned better on it.

Not familiar with it, which one would you suggest? I've found quite a few.

Instead of keto, try this much healthier diet:
>water
>vegetables
>meat

No carbs on the list, isnt that keto?

Sortof, it's low carbs (unless you pigout on sweet potatoes). The difference though is you do get plenty of vitamins and fibers from all the vegetables

Add whole grains and beans

Is there any new info about keto being bad all of a sudden? I had no problems, craving or any side-effects on keto in the past, I've actually found it to be the best diet for myself.

For how long were you were on keto?
How was your energy and muscle gains?
I've tried it for 3 weeks, I think it's good for a quick weight loss but that's about it.
Kinda like a chick that has 2 weeks to fit in her wedding dress

>all of a sudden
Was keto ever not considered a bad diet? It's been rated the worst popular diet out of 39 diets

forgot link
health.usnews.com/best-diet/best-diets-overall

Keto has never been a good choice. Unnecessary and harmful

Longest time i was on keto was a bit under 2 months. I felt like I had a lot more energy than usual, and also needed less sleep. Ive never went for huge muscle growth, im naturally more muscular, so I just focused on being as fit as possible

Harmful in what way?

Keto is great. I alternate between 3 meals generally. 1 chicken based, usually a big salad. 1 beef based: i like to cook a packet of taco seasoning in some beef and eat with cheese. 1 egg based, usually scrambled or an omelette.

Care to share few of the simpler recipes?

I don't have recipes I'm a shitty cook. I searched for scrambled eggs on youtube and i just do it the way gordon ramsay does it in the video. same for omelettes.

buy a packet of taco seasoning and follow the recipe on the back.

i just buy grilled chicken salad from zaxbys because ive never been able to cook chicken well.

sometimes i pull out the deep fryer and cook 15 or so chicken wings and toss with butter+hot sauce.

keto is the easiest diet ever. just muscle through the first month and your cut will go well.

Snek diet faggot.

Keto will just fuck your metabolism and then your muscles/energy.

Do you always stick to specific macros, or do you just watch for carbs? I really don't want to start calculating every meal right at start.

>a big salad

Oh yeah, a really really big salad. Tons of lettuce and ranch.

I just follow the guide that says less than 20g of net carbs a day.

Oh, glad that works, I used to stick to a specific number of protein and fats, with around 10% deviation, I don't want to focus so much on the diet and trying to keep everything perfect.

The only thing good about keto is the food is tasty

What the fuck are you doing math for? We have computers for that. Use MyFitnessPal to track EVERYTHING you consume. Tweak intake to fit whatever goals you have (e.g.

I found out the hard way that a keto diet fucks up your alcohol tolerance. Spent most of this morning vomiting hard to the point where only bile came out.

>loads of sodium
>cholesterol
>saturated fat
>no fibre
>severe micronutrient imbalance
>not eating carbs
>no phytonutrients
>unnecessarily restrictive
>ketosis is not a safe state

There’s too much wrong with it in light of the evidence

>wants to get in shape
>chooses a meme diet

Just stop eating so much food you fat fuck.
No need to go on any shit diet.

I lost 75lb last year on keto diet. Meme or not, I don't regret it in the slightest. Still doing it now along with one meal a day.

keep carbs below 30g a day. foods i eat when doing keto.
eggs, chicken, beef, fish
avocados, ceasar salad, spinach, broccoli, sour cream, hot sauce, cheese

Been doing Keto (kinda), really just cut bread and all kinds of whole grains. I'm down 6 pounds in 17 days. So happy atm I guess. I'd say I eat like 70 grams of carbs a day.

Broscience-The Post

That's pretty mainstream stuff he listed. What's broscience about it?

>loads of sodium
false
>cholesterol
true
>saturated fat
who cares
>no fibre
you should not skip vegetables on this diet. you can suppliment with fiber powder water
heresay and supplements exist
>not eating carbs
no shit
>no phytonutrients
again you should NOT SKIP VEGETABLES
opinion
opinion

You realize keto is a meme diet that just makes it easier to eat less, right? There are no inherent advantages to doing keto over just eating less.

>doesn't know what broscience is
I think you meant to say "I disagree"

>who cares
Lel

>relying on supplements
The absolute state of ketotards

I don't drink

I actually don't eat much, less than I should desu. I naturally get fatter easier, and I can't stay skinny without working out.

Also its not like Im obese...

"stop eating so much" Is like the dumbest thing anyone can write, I even wrote down my weight you can assume im not a whale, and eating a lot is not the only reason people aren't in shape

If you've ever had protein powder, congrats, you relied on supplements.

Interesting site but they shill so hard for Weight Watchers it's difficult to take seriously.

>doms done keto for almost a decade
>has tenure and does research for navy seals and nasa about keto

>>>le worst diet meme

>loads of sodium
>>the sodium meme
>cholesterol
>>the dietary cholesterol meme
>saturated fat
>>the dietary saturated fat meme
>no fibre
what are vegetables, what are supplements
what are supplements
>not eating carbs
oh no
>no phytonutrients
>>not eating vegetables lmoa
on a classic keto instead of modified atkins maybe, with exogenous ketones pretty soon you can be keto while eating whatever you want affordably
its actually a safer state, theres research ongoing about wounds healing better and protection against traumatic brain injury and seizures from better brain homeostasis