Does cardio kill gains?

I really like the runner's high I get from the treadmill at the gym. I'll usually run 2.5 miles before work outs.

Is this killing my gains tho?

I've heard mixed things.

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/fit/thread/44803996/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No it doesn't, it's just a meme like most things on this board. It helps with making your body leaner and imrpoves your lungs so you can actually walk up a fucking staircase.

in general, cardio is ok. but not before your usual workout. you will inevitably be weaker, especially for the heavy exercises. do it on a separate day and you're fine

personally i have different days dedicated to cardio entirely. that way i go full on every exercise, when you do cardio and lifts on the same day you feel like you didnt do your max cause you were worn out already

It's just a meme. You really should try running outside though. It conditions you so much better and it's a lot more fun than the treadmill.

Ive been running on a couple of my rest days, Rippetoe said no so I'm starting to think he's right. I'm already eating at a deficit and my main concern is getting significantly stronger (currently only OHP 100, Bench 150, Squat 145, and Diddly 225) and lowering my bodyfat from 22-23% down to 15%.

I'm already a halfway decent runner for my needs so I think I'll try to cut down to running a 1.5 mile and 6 30/60s once a week. I've been doing a 3.5 mile, the 1.5 and sprint day, and maybe another 2-4 mile run in there somewhere depending on how I feel.

>running before lifting
Yes. Run after you've lifted.

High intensity cardio on days when you're not working out.

Not if you eat more to compensate

Just do it after you lift

lmao those knees

do sprint cardio not long distance slow cardio
>sprinter body ripped
>marathon body AIDS

Don't run before you lift. Reduces blood flow to your muscles. If you really want to run, do it post-lift

>Runs before lifting
Idiot.

it's not just blood flow, it's glycogen depletion and systemic fatigue. Anyone with an internet connection could double check this, but OP is a faggot and can't help himself from posting this bullshit thread closing with a "ehehe I've heard mixed things ehehe"
It's not like this subject has been routinely covered in details and at length citing reputable sources here as well, like in desuarchive.org/fit/thread/44803996/
Go choke on a dick

You're retarded, stop falling for shit memes. Humans were literally built for endurance running. That high you experience is basically your DNA going back in a time capsule, it's what your ancestors felt after chasing their prey for hours. Some predators use their superior speed to catch their prey, some use stealth, humans on the other hand literally kept chasing their prey until they can't run anymore. There is no feeling quite like chasing a deer for 3 hours as the sun is beating down on you and the deer seems to be outrunning you. But you keep persisting until the deer's legs cannot even carry it anymore and it collapses right before you thrust your spear and in one cathartic blow end the chase.

Fuck yes

Yeah it kills your ability to gain fat.

>There is no feeling quite like chasing a deer for 3 hours as the sun is beating down on you and the deer seems to be outrunning you. But you keep persisting until the deer's legs cannot even carry it anymore and it collapses right before you thrust your spear and in one cathartic blow end the chase.
What keeps puzzling me is how our ancestors understood how the fuck do they get home now. I can get lost in my own damn city.

it will kill leg gains. leg workouts produce test. however we were evolved to be the best long distance runners than any other animal. there are health benefits to running. so u want to be rich pianta and die an early death cuz gainz?

running is truly the workout for grug

It depends on your pace but 2.5 miles shouldn't really effect your workout that much, unless you are finding it strenuous in itself. Personally I find treadmill running tightens up my shins, but that's a separate issue.

I work at a gym. Out of the guys that come and the ones that actually look like they lift do cardio.

Usually after lifting though.

if you want to lower your bodyfat then running will help. Will also not kill strength gains for you as cardio does not burn muscle when you're 23% bodyfat.

While doing SS would it be more optimal for me to run after some of the days I lift, or would I be better off running on off days? Mainly focused on what's best for my recovery so I can lift enough. I'd like to do maybe one day of a 2-4 mile run and one day of 1.5 miles with 6 30/60 sprints. I'm cool with running like just once a week at most it just seems like it's easiest to maintain my run if I get in 2-3 runs a week. I guess not stalling on SS and meeting my strength and aesthetic goals in an efficient way would be my main concern though.

I've seen a decent amount of people say they could do fine on PFTs by doing only SS. They also usually improved over their pre-SS scores without training the excercises in the tests while doing SS.

HIIT Sprints > Regular running

What's a good way to accurately measure my bodyfat? There seems to be a lot of methods and products sold for measuring it. I've been taped once at 19%, but I know I've got more muscle now at the same weight so I don't think that was accurate. I'm just going off of a bunch of photos showing what different bf% looks like on people. Also I'm 6'5" so the taping might not have been as effective since I'm lankyfat (I'm not quite skinnyfat or fat I just have a bit of a gut and not much muscle yet).

Genesis says otherwise that men are to sustain themselves by farming and ranching, not the unstable life of a wild hunter

There's really not a civilization based on that model to include nomads of mid east and n america

>brainlet.jpg

I just rode 8miles on a bicycle and immediately benched 225 for the first time afterwards. I wouldn't do cardio before leg related workouts though

I recently bought 2 different body fat calipers with 2 totally different directions, and got - unsurpisingly - 2 totally different results. One said 19.6%, and the other said 11.something%.
You're probably just as well off going by one of those picture charts.

>tfw I run 5 miles every day, eat decent not great
>still 5'7/150
how do I escape skinnyfat hell. Help me transition into lifting + bulking bros

I know that lots of cultures practiced group hunts. They were smart enough to not chase a deer for miles and miles - they'd chase a deer a mile into a trap. Hunters in Kazakhstan were so efficient with this method that that they pretty much wiped out the animal population there, long before modern times.

>want to bulk
>running 5 miles a day
Nigga what

Shame on OP for not seeing your random thread last Saturday that was dead within 2 hours.

You fucking idiot, it's one out of a thousand thread. "Thank you for the pointer" would have been a better reply.