Powerlifting General - /PLG/

Stop fucking up at life.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N4abutGjK68
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for bench press being a better display of strength than wide stance bitch squats or sumo dog shit lifts

Reminder that a low bench press is closely correlated with:

>virginity
>Social awkwardness
>autism
>over indulgence in vidya and anime
>A sign of a sedentary pubescent history

>tfw should already be lifting by now
Give me strength.
Pic related is me.

You forgot
>extra soy
>high estrogen
>weak upper body strength in general

Bench press is objectively the best lift. Literally everyone including little girls squats 200kg+ for reps and how many people can bench 140+ for reps.

You are onto something here.

Reminder to develop your upper body, and quit skipping your accessory work you lazy fuck.

The olympic lifts are the best. More ROM = Objectively better lift

Olympic lifters look very soyish.
On the other hand having big arms and big chest makes everyone jealous, even your neighbors.

MY GYM IS STILL FUCKING CLOSED. HELP ME PLEASE. IM GONNA FUCKING LOSE IT.

so recommend me some accessoires to add to stronglifts you fuck

Yes, but then comes a knowitall idiot and says your muscles are made of water and that true strength is measured by the size of the legs or forearms, or spouting the "skipping leg day xD" meme, and everyone laughs at you. Oly lifting is the GOAT sports, it impresses men and makes women wet. Unlike powerlifting which can be belittled and reduced to cheating ROM and elastic suits, no one can deny the merit of the flits (over 200kg).

Do starting strength instead and take an afternoon and read the whole book. Then you won't have to ask stupid beginner questions here.

must be why they ditched the power versions for squat cleans and snarches right lamo

What sort of volume we talking here? I never know whether I'm doing too little or too much.

I bench 140kg so clearly I'm not doing too badly but still

Anyone here got experience with smolov jr. I ran it really successfully in the past and am looking forward to run another few cycles soon.

I modified it a tiny bit to adjust to my recovery

1x2x3x 4x1x2x3 x4x1x2x 3x4xxx
Day 1: 6x6 at 70%
Day 2: 7x5 at 75%
Day 3: 8x4 at 80%
Day 4: 10x3 at 85%

Followed by a ~10% load increase each week.
Ive tried it for DL (1-2sets less volume), Squat, OHP, Bench, Chin-ups so far. Up to 3 lifts at a time are possible.

Cause I’m one step closer to the edge and I’m about to....

Assistance Work
Each day perform ONE exercise from each category listed below. Perform 50-100 total reps (do whatever sets you want to perform - that doesn't matter) of each exercise. If you are too weak to get all the reps (chin-ups/pull-ups for example) then simply choose a SECOND movement to complete the total reps. This is incredibly simple to do.
The three categories to choose from are: push, pull and single leg/core.

Push: dips, push-ups, DB bench/incline/press, triceps extensions/pushdowns

Pull:chin-ups/pull-ups, inverted rows, rows (DB/machine/BB), face pulls, band pull-aparts, lat pulldown, curls

Single Leg/Core:any abdominal work, back raises, reverse hyperextensions, lunges, step-ups, Bulgarian one-leg squats, KB snatches, swings

HOW THE FUQ DO I ACTIVATE MY GLUTES WHEN DEADLIFTING? Seriously, getting tension in hamies, core, but I just cannot get my glutes ready, and I think because of that my lower back is rounding and aching because of this

I think panzy is trying to tell us that some of us are all right and we should stay at homes tomorrow.

how do i impress a qt powerlifter chick at my PL gym and get her to be my gf? im a lanklet .75/1/1/2

How is your bench press?

Try pulling closer to your shins and force yourself to a more upright pulling position. Make sure your hip doesnt shoot up in the beginning. Imagine pulling the weight up and back.

Try pushing hard to the sides. Imagine pushing your body split apart from the middle, to left and right. You should feel pressure at the outer part of your soles and definitely feel something happen in your legs and ass. Try various angles with your feet, I have a very slight angle.

This is what I do. And my ass is always sore after deadlift. It has a funny effect in that it pulls the slack out of the bar automatically.

Pulling sumo desu

Thanks for the advice

Try activation drills.
Low 'creeping' lunges is what I do.

No idea, it was 120 last july but I gained lots of upoer body mass so for example my 1RM press was 71 and currently I have 77 for 5 and I probably could have slapped a few more kilos on there, so it wouldn’t be suprised if its alot more

>Thanks for the advice
Stop pulling sumo and learn how to do the lift correctly.

Then do your acrobatic shit if it makes you feel better.

Fuck off

Deadlift user here. Focusing on squat form for a bit to take my lower back out of movement. Maxed out (max plates + 40kg) on leg extension machine two days ago for 1x10, 1x8 (plate fell off) and definitely felt it in my knees - lesson learnt.

Did 3x8 paused, olympic-style, high-bar squat atg @ 140kg

Then did some sumo squats for first time to focus on inner thigh, 3x10 @ 60kg. Will up weight next time, but definitely felt my arse getting torn apart... sphicter game stronk.

Finished off with Leeman-style RDLs, 1x8 @ 200kg. Kinda pissed since i wanted 10 and my mum was watching which threw me off. Would've liked to have gotten more volume in (bb rows, leg press, leg curls) but my mother started nagging me.

Thinking about buying some resistance bands and a hip circle to do glutes, facepulls and other gimp shit at home, anyone got recommendations for someone living in Australia?

could've just not replied instead of that cancer answer

thanks, i was doing similar to the ones you listed above, mostly 5x10 and 5x12 depending on the excercise.

How important you'd say it is to include all of these excercises lets say for symmetry? Pretty sure i'd rather just do dips, pullups, rows and abb work instead of lets say db bench or lunges and stuff like that.

just do SS dude

"Run 3km without running out of breathe.. oh wait I can't" - Jim Fatass

Do whatever you want, but I don't know what you mean by symmetry.

The purpose of accessory work is to supplement the muscles responsible for your competition lifts, and to bring up lagging muscles that don't get as much attention. It only really matters if you're not doing them.

>"Run 3km without running out of breathe.. oh wait I can't" - Jim Fatass
I'd wager that Jim's conditioning is better than 99% of PLG.

The guy coaches strength and conditioning for a high school football team in his spare time. I guarantee he's out there showing them how it's done to be a good role model.

PLOP

PLOP

SQUUIIII SPLOOOOOOOOOSH
PLOP

PLOP

WEW that Norman khan came Ripping out into the toilet

SPLURDUNKA Ploop

BrpffftAssssppppppsllllooop ... Plop

... plop

One of Jims major quotes is “run the fucking hill”

531 is meant to be run alongside conditioning work, the whole reason he put it together was to improve everything cause being a shw equipped lifter wasnt what he wanted to be anymore

>has dropped the "scared of bodybuilding" shit that underpinned his whole argument

He has a great work ethic when it comes to conditioning. Training for football at the college level is very difficult.

The average American High School football player works a hell of a lot harder then most of the intermediates who struggle and stall on this anime masturbation forum.

>harder then most

Oh my you can't differentiate between then and than? Guessing you never made it to that college level you're speaking of haha

lmoa jimposter btfo

@44982432
I was using speech to text on the treadmill, shitposter.

Focus on your own problems.

Olympic lifting is shit after 1972. It become variation of throwing sport.

>treadmill
That's not a hill. You better at least have your weighted jacket on.

>feet shoulder width apart
>toes pointing slightly outwards
>drive heals into the ground and try to "twist" them so that the heals and toes are in a straight line forwards again
the last que you cant do since you drive your heels into the ground, but this will activate the glutes. this works in RDL as well.

>>drive heals into the ground and try to "twist" them so that the heals and toes are in a straight line forwards again
This didn't work for me so I just started showing my legs to the sides like in squat and that made my ass sore every time after.

>taking advise from someone who is underr 6'

>implying you're a big boi and you're not a sub 100kg twinkshit

hAVE you guys tried shotputting?

>I just started showing my legs to the sides
?

shoving

I'm pretty sure I could train the lifts for like a month and put up 200 kg power snatch at this point. I did one for fun the other day and did 150 easy.

Ask yacob, iirc he's done it

why arent you competing in olympics then?

what about discuss or javelin?
i remember i got like 4 meters on shotputting in high school.
javelin like 9 meters lmao

Wow how strange I got 5 metres in shotput and 10 in javelin

im still not following you

>when you trigger the twink to spend 15 mins in photoshop

because oly lifts are literally gayer than aids. Real men powerlift and inject testosterone.

push your legs to the sides as hard as you can
go stand and do it

>Westside vs the World is still not up online
reeeeeeeeeeeeeee

youtube.com/watch?v=N4abutGjK68
Here you go

is it going to be put up online or are we gonna have to wait for a theater near us to show it? I'm super stoked for this. There is really no powerlifting movies.

do that plus twisting your heels

that doesnt work at all for me user
it just does nothing absolutely nothign

projection

i hate you
i don't think it's screening outside of like 4-5 literallywho cinemas

>has to resort to sean/panzer tier response
we're done here twink

what's a good powerlifting program for an "intermediate" lifter, I got to 490dead/380sqat/??? bench, (bench is gay) last year but then had to travel for business and neglected the gym for like 5 months now and feel weak as fuck. Now im going back and want some planning.
I never had a program though, I just alternated between squatting and deadlifting each workout, 5x a week. and with some accessories thrown in, but i never kept count of what i was doing just lifted by instinct

>I got 5 metres in shotput and 10 in javelin

>i got like 4 meters on shotputting in high school.
>javelin like 9 meters lmao

Unironically take up rock collecting.

Who here
>bulk meat

How much was that, and where you got it?

t. No personality so you resort to posting the same dozen pictures of scantily dressed women straight from the first Google image search result

Wow I don't see this everyday!!!

got 5kg/12lbs of beef hip waiting to be turned into steaks and jerky.
Not as much as your collectiong though

then you have no glutes. im sorry

bump
happy?

very nice lad i make meat in bulk but don't buy it in bulk, not cheaper and not worth defrosting etc...
>how much was that
>literally price tag there
>literally says where he got it from
>don't post eyecandy
what an absolute homo

projection

£50 for 5kg lean ground beef and 5kg chicken, £5 more than usual but the chicken wasnt on offer

Was from the meat man

the pricetag is literally on the package

56% behavior

>what an absolute homo
I was half tempted to mention that this is the low tier autistic response you always get to criticism of being a basic bitch, but I hoped maybe you'd rise above it.

fuck off you fedora shit

You sound epic mad bro

:)

Is this raffy?

Most of us here are straight males. Some of us have sex, if we're doing shit right.

If you're opposed to seeing a pair of giant milkers, fuck off to or r/incel

Na it was on offer, the 5kg of beef was £25 instead of £36

obviously i'd be mad fedora fags are disgusting and i'm sharing a general with one

Morning, lads. Taking off work today to drive to Ohio for the Arnold with MA, BenchBro, Cavi, and a couple others. Gonna be a max comfy weekend.

Also training has been going really well.

How has everyone's week been?

I did 3x5 squats and hernia tore through my abs after I racked the weight after last rep of a last set and now I'm waiting around to die before surgery.

Mobile poster, coudnt see price tags.

How is the quality? It is fucking cheaper than aldi l, and I'm guessing quality and taste is better?
What you going to do with all that meat? I mean do you have any nice recipies?

Holy fuck these projections from a mad virgin lmao

very nice easy squats.
my shoulder was sore in beginning of week but actually gave it time to recover and now back to normal otherwise all training is moving ahead well, hit 1x9 170kg squat today since i was too lazy to do 4x3 and 4x2

>past 15
>morning

haha okay raffy

>the virgin shitpost
Projection! Ha ha, got you now.

>the chadpost
Titties, food, a healthy spine, and funposting.

I DO KICKERS I DO FUCKING TWISTERS

>not a single mire