Hand calluses

Is it okay to have this much callus development on my hands? I have been lifting for just over 5 weeks, 5 times per week. Bench 3x per week, DL 2x, OHP 2x.

On DL, I put the bar in the crease of my fingers, and with Bench and OHP the bar is closer to the base of the wrist or whatever you call it, but not thumbless.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_ZBmiQm4MF4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You mean your palm?

And yeah it's normal

It's normal for a person who's not a pussy to have calluses

any healthy man is suposed to have them. i started to get mine at 5 years old

No, see my pic.

Wow you are really manly and cool.

nope, that's not right. that's an alarming amount for 5 weeks of lifting l
youtube.com/watch?v=_ZBmiQm4MF4

This is the position my hand is relative to the bar in the deadlift, not sure why I still get calluses

Yeah it's normal.
Palm shouldn't be a problem after you lose so bodyfat

I am 12% bodyfat, and skinny lol.

It's not, you need to pay more attention and get it right. The bar rolls down towards your fingers, otherwise you wouldn't have these long callouses in your palm.

Pic is for pulling lifts btw, obviously you want the bar lower when doing presses.

I've never got them on my palm like that but the stuff by the base of your fingers is pretty normal and you'll get some callousing on your thumbs if you use hook grip.

Where you've only been lifting for 5 weeks I wouldn't worry but if your hands don't toughen up a bit (and thus the amount of callousing reduces) then I'd start taking a hard look at how you're gripping the bar.

Thanks. Have some gold ;)
Pm sent

Learn to grip the bar properly

>he fell for the no gloves meme

good bait user

Is that soap?

Which one is the correct one?

1st is presses
2nd is pulls

You started working out when you were 5?

If you're worried about callus now, you're in for a treat

Its pumice stone, very good for removing dead skin cells

You are not grabbing the bar correctly. You wont believe me but that is the truth. Actually learn how to grip properly and you wont get so many calluses and you will be able to lift more.

>no squat or calf raise calluses
Not gonna make it

this, use a pumice stone or pic related if your girlfriend/family has one

can this be used to sharpen knives?

How do you get squat or calf raise calluses

i played outside and my dad had a car repair shop so i messed around with tools