Drinking alcohol

How much is this hindering me?

My goals are to gain about 15 lbs and shed 7% of my body fat and increase lifts by like 15%.

Other urls found in this thread:

suppversity.blogspot.ca/2016/10/new-lean-gains-study-confirms-if-gets.html?m=1
leangains.com/the-truth-about-alcohol-fat-loss-and-muscle-growth/
youtube.com/watch?v=byUnkZpR-xA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you drink everyday it will be harder to get gains but every weekend is fine

Natty? No. Fucking. Way.
Juice? 6 weeks.

How much booze and how often?

The more of a noob you are, the easier those goals are. Becomes exponentially harder as you push the limits of being big and shredded.

If you account for extra calories... Not much. Slight detriment to hormones, slight detriment to recovery. As long as we are talking maybe 5-7 drinks/week or less

You can get drunk once or twice a week and make gains fine. It's when you drink everyday fairly heavily that it kills gains

I couldn't lose any weight until I stopped drinking. That stuff is horrible

But how the hell do people fall asleep without booze?

Alcohol is of the devil and is hindering you from being a fully self-actualized, liberated person. You should NEVER get drunk, ever, it's the mark of the slave.

Still keep to weekend drinking and do "Alternate day" fasting suppversity.blogspot.ca/2016/10/new-lean-gains-study-confirms-if-gets.html?m=1

Basement dweller

Take melatonin for the 1st week or so.

Alcohol is true poison for gains bro, i thought i could mix both but it's impossible. 1 month clean and i'm better than ever. But fuck me sideways i love a good booze.

Not him, but he is right
You can to to bars,clubs, parties and whatever and not have a single drink. Just say you're the designated driver

That's what a total faggit would do

>How much booze and how often?

Maybe 1-2 nights a week of 4-5 drinks, and another 2-3 nights a week of 1-2 drinks

3mg melatonin

weed

Nope, I party regularly and alcohol is one of the few drugs I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. It is the antithesis of everything Veeky Forums ought to be about.

Alcohol doesn't hinder gains by itself. Its the related behavior of eating like shit and being hungover aka skipping the gym.

If your goal is to lose bf then drinking is just going to be empty calories you have to burn off but if you your macros and routine stay in order drinking and even getting drunk once in a while isn't going to affect it.

Get a real job where you are tired after work, I work brick laying and I work 6 am until 4 pm and I can't even keep my eyes open at 8 pm on a day I work

Why does not drinking make you a faggot?
If you need to consume drugs or alcohol in order to have a "good time", then you should work on yourself

I agree but I'm a failure of a human being who can't socialize properly without booze and drugs

Larper or complete faggot

If you "party regularly" but don't drink you must be a stoner or a coke head

when do you take it? like right before bed?

>if your macros and routine stay in order drinking and even getting drunk once in a while isn't going to affect it

It really depends what once in a while means. If that's once or twice a month maximum and sometimes 0 alcohol in a month, then I agree with you

That's not true. What's actually happening is you're (at least partially) mentally dependent on drugs and booze and have convinced yourself you need them and so will subconsciously sabotage yourself when attempting to socialize without them. If you go without them for long enough you'll realize you never needed them.

This

He's probably one of those raver fags who does ecstasy every weekend

Yes.

And you are unironically better off doing coke than drinking according to all statistics and logic.

Not him, but weed and coke won't fuck your gains like alcohol does. Though I will say I never took coke

I'll admit I succumb to social pressure. Personally I'm fine with having fun sober but Im in university so social interaction is so heavily centered on alcohol its hard to be involved without having the stigma of that guy who doesn't drink. Yes I know I shouldn't give a fuck what they think but easier said than done.

15mins before, get off screens after you take it

WHAT?

Coke is so bad for you and your heart

Alcohol must be more harmless

I think its odd too but wtf is with you addicts? You have a problem, get help.

I hope you don't unironically believe this.

I was socially awkward as fuck until I started drinking man, I pretty much need it to be normal in a group setting

What fun is that though

Coke is bad for you.
Alcohol is worse, and even more worse than that for everybody else.

>t.

I have 3-4 drinks every night because it helps me fall asleep and has less side effects than prescription sleeping pills. It has had no negative effect on my ability to gain muscle or lose fat and I feel better in the gym than when I was taking Ambien or Restoril.
The key is to drink hard liquor with water only. I put a shot of vodka or whiskey in a glass of water and drink a few of those before bed and I don’t eat anything while I’m drinking. When I go out drinking with friends on the weekends I drink a lot more alcohol but I only use water as a mixer. I’ve gotten leaner since I started doing this a year ago too.

Exact same thing here.
Without it I would still be sitting in front of my computer in my dad's basement hating everyone.
Instead I have a decent job and a wife and child.
Dependence on alcohol is bad, but it can be very helpful for some people.

That's what I thought up until I was about 19 and realized alcohol had basically ruined my life and killed more friendships and relationships than it made.

What you need to realize is that it's normal for teenagers to be awkward as fuck and that every teenager (except for maybe the 0.0001% of superchads) is going to be like that. Growing out of that stage is part your hormones naturally balancing out as you get to adulthood and part introspection.

>what fun is that
Just try to pick up chicks. You're sober, clear-minded, fresh breath, better at understanding what people say in a very loud venue, more alert and aware of social cues and body language.

And if you tell me you're not good at picking up chicks, the good news is you can only improve

No I mean like I was full beta until I drank and booze loosens me up so I can enjoy socializing and going out

>binge drink
>be hungover for a day
>feel tired the next day as well
>by the third day you’re back to normal
>do this once a month
>that’s about 3 days a month where your hormones/recovery are out of whack
>3x12=36
>that’s about an entire month of progress you’ve lose out on
>around 2-3 pounds of muscle a year

Now double that for every other weekend, or quadruple it for every weekend(assuming you’re binge drinking).

You could be losing 2-12 pounds of muscle a year(As a beginner/intermediate) or 1-5 months worth of progress. That’s why I drink about once a month or less.

After going from drinking every weekend to once a month or less from last year to this year I can confirm it makes a huge difference. My biceps only grew an inch last year, where as they have grown literally half an inch in the past two months.(I haven’t drank yet this year, I’m going to this weekend).

>tfw full blown alcoholic from 20 until 24 years old
>tfw drunk every single day drinking 750ml or more of vodka
>tfw 27 now and sober and feel 10x better than my early 20s

Booze made me a normal social person because I was drunk so much that it became permanent and now after 5 years of alcoholism I can socialize sober

Unless you have terrible hangovers.

If I drink too much and wake up hungover my Sundays are already over before they started.

I lose sleep Saturday into Sunday because I can't stay asleep. So I fall back asleep around 3-4 in the afternoon until 9pm. Can't fall back asleep until 2-3 in the morning.

This ends up fucking my Monday sleep schedule up too.

If I'm lucky I'm good to go full tilt again on Tuesday.

I try to only have a few beers nowadays when I go out.

lmfao kys

I am a recovering alcoholic, haven't touched it for 6 months (since I stopped, I've lost 50lb, gotten back in the gym, and generally started working on being better). If you drink every night, you're going to get fat more than likely. Also, alcohol is horrible for motivation.

or you could just drink in moderation...

you're acting as if it's drink nothing or get blackout drunk

I do a full body workout twice a week and make gains just fine, I lift Monday and Thursday

I used to go almost everyday but I make the same gains going twice a week doing a high volume full body workout

It's funny because since Im in college I usually drink on the weekends and then maybe once during the week. The weeks where I decide not to drink at all are so much better, but I always end up talking to some girls at a party and want to fit in.

When do I get my sober fit gf that I can bang on the reg without getting drunk

Yeah anyone who goes everyday is just destroying there muscles because they need time to recover and brosplit routines are retarded for a natty

Anyone who works out a full body routine everyday is just killing there gains

Me too, I literally have autism and never voluntarily spoke to a girl my own age from when I was 11 to when I was 17. When I discovered alcohol I thought it was magic, for the first time ever I could talk to anyone and say anything without any difficulty.

But this is the crux of why I'm arguing against alcohol ITT. That's not real, it's not an actually authentic existence from which you can build a fulfilling life. You're just letting the alcohol make all your decisions for you so you don't have to worry about it but that doesn't teach you anything. When you wake up the next day you're still going to be as beta as you always were and eventually you're going to find the alcohol isn't making you any happier either.

In order to truly stop being a beta you need to commit to a certain level of introspection. Being a beta is not something you inherently are and can never change, it's caused by having no self-respect.

I couldn't pick up chick's for shit sober because I was too in my own head over analyzing every little thing. Booze helped quiet that part of my brain and allows me to just relax and flow.
I became a massive fucking ladies man when I would drink

Hahaha drink everyday for 5 years and tell me it doesnt change your autistic ways, I was aspie as fuck until I drank for 5 years daily and it just carried over permanently

Show me the body of someone that trains 2x a week

Nope, alcohol never made me permanently less autistic. MDMA does though, my first ever yoke taught me more about being normal than any amount of alcohol ever did.

All the people in here who drink to deal with social anxiety:

why don't you just take anxiolytics instead like xanax?

I don't have a prescription

>everyone has a prescription for benzos

Because I live in a backwards shithole so nobody sells xanax here. We're barely just about discovering acid.

Really don't get this chart. There is no way weed is worse than Butane, Steroids, and comparable to Benzos.

I don't even really understand why lsd is close to ecstasy. Also not comparable. And it's not like there is any actual horizontal scale here, nor does this chart take into account frequency of use-- doing heroin once a year is a hell of a lot better than smoking cigs daily

>lives where you can buy those at the store

I need a prescription for those I just googled it

1. easy to buy online via dark net markets
2. easy to schedule appt with a doctor and you don't even have to lie. tell them you get bad social anxiety, suggest that a friend is taking a prescription for a similar problem and you'd like to try it. it takes like a 20 minute appointment.

i did this, just made shit up for 5 mins and the doctor wrote it. cost like $6 for the appointment and the meds were cheap as hell with script.

You only get them here if your anxiety is so bad you can't go to a doctor, they push antidepressants on me for anxiety and I took them and got fat as fuck

I was so bad after high school that I didn't leave my house for 4 years and alcohol is what got me in public for the first time

>suppversity.blogspot.ca/2016/10/new-lean-gains-study-confirms-if-gets.html?m=1
Good luck not getting a full blown bar addiction, getting bar'd out and becoming a walking zombie. Stay away from pills kiddos

I dare you to do heroin for just one day out of the year.

leangains.com/the-truth-about-alcohol-fat-loss-and-muscle-growth/

there's a tldr in there

>Vox
Fucking brainlets.

>how much does it hinder me?
if its not helping then fuck it

>real job
>brick laying

uuuuhhhhhhhh...

LOL, two day hangovers are rare af. They only happen if you drink a fucktonne, don't eat properly, and don't drink enough water. If you're properly hydrated and eating a decent meal before going to bed after drinking, you should be fine.

Is vaping bad? I read that it is 95% safer than taccacbo.

youtube.com/watch?v=byUnkZpR-xA

Former Mr.Olympian advice

What does bourbon taste like?

Like the Nectar of the Gods

just close your eyes lmao

The babies here aren't capable of evaluating their dependency in an analytic, numerical way because their alcohol makes them "feel good" and that's more important.
They're basically women.
I quit 3 years ago and have never looked back. I don't even think about it anymore Good fucking riddance.

Would dehydration from booze make me more shredded?

Temporaily atleast yeah, pretty sure some bodybuilders used to drink white wine just before competitions and no water within 24 hours of getting on stage

I just came in to ask who the girl is, freckles are my kryptonite

...go to the gym? Don't do drugs? Don't spend time in front of a screen all day, especially before you go to sleep?

Get relaxed and read a book for at least 30 minutes or so before trying to sleep.

Doing noalc since 1.1.2018. Best decision I ever made.

Patrician tier job right there

just walk away from the screen haha

>Drinking alcohol
>ever

The older you get the worse the hangovers are.

Getting drunk once or twice per week won't hinder your goals directly. The problems come more from what you do the next day after drinking. I myself would become really lazy and start eating loads and loads of carbs. If you have the mental strength to eat right and go to the gym the next day and work out really well then there is no issue. In my experience drinking, even only twice per week, made me a lot less disciplined.

I used to drink a liter of vodka a night and now I drink once every two weeks. I'll be happy when that becomes once a month then once on my birthday or never again but it's a huge improvement so far.

How?
Tips?
I'm not a huge alcoholic but would love to cut down to 0 or every fortnight at least as it fucks with my depression progression

If you'd actually done both instead of reading autistic internet meme charts you'd know coke was way worse

Yeah, it fucking sucks.

I'm at the age where anything more than 2 oz of hard liquor per hour means I wake up the next day with a massive headache. Doesn't matter what I do or how much water I drink, I'm gonna feel like shit.

>drinking on gear
Goodbye liver

This. Especially beer. I cut it out completely and only have a glass of bourbon at night after work. I've lost a whole lot of body fat in only a month.

>straight edge nerd uses an anime reaction image

shocking

I quit cold turkey for about 3.5 months. I work on the road (being alone in a motel all the time definitely contributed to my drinking problem) and my wife and daughter came out to live with me for the last half of the job. I refuse to drink around my family so I quit. When I got home I can now enjoy my layoff fun time bi-weekly for game night at my best friends.

Its probably because people who already have serious issues turn to weed

If you find it hard to control how much you drink then don't go anywhere fucking near Xanax

heroin has basically no long term detrimental health effects if you don't overdose. it destroys lives because it's illegal while being highly addictive

not true. I stopped getting hangovers altogether in my late twenties. no idea why