QTDDTOT

Does aesthetics necessarily also equal strength?

Why do some people look thicker and others look more shredded at the same BF%?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/agfJq3ULhP0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes, genetics

>Does aesthetics necessarily also equal strength?
Many factors influence strength or the output you're able to display in a given exercise. But the one factor that has the strongest correlation to strength is muscle size. This is true anecdotally as well as scientifically (check out new paper by Vygotsky and Schoenfeld).

Strength doesn't EQUAL muscle size because numerous factors influence this, but there's a VERY strong correlation. "Aesthetics" is a subjective term.

I only got 3 hours sleep last night, should I lift or take a rest day?

No, but you need a certain amount of strength to look aesthetic. Meaning, you can't hypertrophy on babyweights.
But a guy may have bigger muscles than another one yet lift less.

Exercises to help with my Bench Press?

Can you eat too few calories when trying to lose weight and get in shape? I'm going through a rough patch right now and the stress is affecting my appetite. Some days all I eat is a banana and maybe a small sandwich putting me around 1500 calories under my already 500 deficit.

Why do people dislike Low Tier God.
Ok he was kinda dickish to Viscant and got owned hard
He is far from the best at fighting game and is sometiles a sore loser but
>He is fit
>He dislike losers
>dislike cucks
>dislike niggers
>dislike thots
>call them out on youtube
He is also pretty articulate.
Honestly LTG is kinda based

Too few calories have these problems:
1. Nutrient deficit. Only really happens if you're close to auswichz malnourished already
2. Losing too much muscle along with the fat
3. Feeling tired and performing like shit at the gym

Cocky niggers get the rope. Dems the rules

Bench press

He's alright. I like watching him around DarkSydeGeoff

Gotcha. Any good calorie-dense food suggestions? Something that I could quill force myself to eat just so I don't screw up my body that badly?

Load up on caffeine and crush those weights. This is obviously not a good long term strategy but works fine in the case of occasional lack of sleep for whatever reason.

Hard to say. I generally eat half a cup of peanuts while bulking (~500kcal), but that's because my only other source of fat is meat, and it's a bulk so I can eat more fat.

I gave blood today. They had to try a few times to get the needle in, apparently my veins are difficult.

Should I wait to lift? My arms are a bit sore, but I also had an unexpectedly protein heavy lunch and I feel like I'd be wasting it. I could just focus on lower body though.

Dus you give blood or plasma?
Ligging te hebben dat you give blood is heavily discouraged since you faint easily. I wouldn't risk it

Blood.

Yeah, that's kinda what I figured. No need to put myself in danger.

I can't do pull ups at all
Any exercises that will help?

Also if you lift soon afterwards you risk the donation site hemorrhaging and making a bruise/bleed on your arm. Happened to me when I thought I could lift the same day

Oh shit, yeah, fuck that.

will deadlifts make my computer posture less obvious?

No, correcting your posture by consciously using proper posture will.

So I started doing night shifts at work. It's been a bitch to put calories in MFP cause they split in half. Should I considered my day my night schedule and when I'm up 6pm to 10am or go by the normal day to day?

I'm looking into this now and I seem to get stuck half way up when I stall which could indicate my triceps are lacking. Gonna add in some more tricep work. Skull crusher's etc already do dips. The best thing you can do though is bench more frequently

When you wake up, that's breakfast. Midpoint is lunch. When you eat before bed that's dinner.

Don't make it more complicated then it has to be.

Close grip push ups and floor press help with the lockout part
Do them at the end of your chest workout

Also see

I meant you see

If my muscles aren't in agony the day after workout does it mean I am not making gains?
I still got aches etc but they have gotten much more tolerable and less serious.
Some gymbro told me that you don't make progress unless you hurt the next day, and that you need to take breaks for your muscles to recover because that's how you get gains.

am I doing it wrong?

Whats your guys opinion on best routine for a natty. Im stuck between PPL and Upper/Lower

I need to exercise 1500 calories away each day, and I'm going to couple this with a 1200 calories diet. My aim is to lose 2kg(4-5lbs) per week for 4 weeks.
My question is, what is the best method of exercise for the 1500 calories? I was thinking either walking or gym membership so I can use the elliptical machine. I suppose my real question is, which will be less taxing or least likely to cause injury, 3 hours of walking every day, or 1.5 hours of cardio?

pullups for reps and weighted chins
or
chins for reps and weighted pullups

That’s moronic
As long as strength or reps are increasing you’re making gains

PPL

Weighted chins and neutral grip for me

Best reps/sets for an ab wheel rollouts and leg raises?

He's pretty based

youtu.be/agfJq3ULhP0

>sometimes a sore loser

Show me him not being a sore loser. I'm not an expert on him but I've never seen it happen.

That's why I don't like him. He refuses to accept his loses and learn from them.

GET

Neither of those are 1500 calories of exercise, but neither of them are going to injure you. Walking isn't taxing, and elliptical might be if you go hard but it certainly doesn't have to be.

Your plan sounds like you've never attempted to lose weight and you are going to be very disappointed with your results given your tight schedule and high expectations.

I'm not fat, I have lost a lot of weight before but not over such a short time period. I know for sure if I average 172bpm for an hour (I can do that) it's within 10% of 1000 dietary calories of energy use. My heart rate monitor is accurate and the method it uses to calculate energy burn is like I said, to within 10% of lab tests.

LOW
TIER
GOD

How long does it take to see results of doing overhead triceps extension. I'm doing it 4 times a week, I've never trained that muscle before and I am a femanon. I remember the sticky saying it will take longer for me to get gains.

Depends highly on the diet.

also postits.

>Depends highly on the diet.
Do I have to cut or eat more proteins?

Eat more protein and at least maintain the amount of calories being consumed.

a/s/l?

pull-downs, bent over rows, chin-ups
More effectively try jumping pull-ups, negatives, Australian pull-ups, or make your grip closer while attempting pull-ups.

>trying to pick up grills on Veeky Forums

never gonna make it lad

I'm 5'11, 160kg
Started lifting this week
How do I gain more weight?
Inb4 GOMAD
Im lactose intolerant so I'd rather not drink 5 gallons of milk per day

is that a realgirls arm? this swelling in my points points to yes

u need to lose weight holy shit
thats like morbidly obese

If he lost 70kg of fat and kept his current muscle mass he'd be strong as shit.

Lbs*
Not kg

>GOMAD
>5 gallons of milk

Its one gallon, dude. I'm sure you can stomach that.

I dont imagine I'd gain much weight if i'm pissing out of my ass all day due to lactose

has anyone else ever hurt their neck doing squats?

it wasnt a sharp pain, but almost throbbing at the back of the neck, and it lingered for hours. i waited a week, thought it was okay, started doing squats again and it came back, hurt all night, now it's pretty stiff. doing back squats like pick related

You arent doing it right probably, or you have a fucked spine curvature.
My guess is you are socketing the barbell between your vertebra and that is causing damage.
Rest the barbell on your shoulders not on your spine/the back of your neck

it had never been a problem before this one time i did them at home (with a 5ft bar instead of the 6ft im used to) when i couldnt make it out

when you say shoulders, do you mean the right pic here? or simply on top of the shoulders without touching the back of the neck

LTG is an overcompensating loser who got diddled when he was young and isn't even good at fighting games

Viscant is a much bigger loser though.

The latter
Rest it on top of your shoulders, keep it on with your hands but dont apply too much forward pressure, so you dont actually touch your neck (or spine, if you dont have a skinny back), use your arms to ease the weight on your back a little bit.
I've never used a 5ft bar, is it possible that its also slightly thinner?
Perhaps that is focusing more pressure on your back, if it is.

What's the difference between low reps with high weight vs high reps with lower weights?

Low reps with high weight works best for strenght
More reps is generally not as effective but can be good for mass
>3-8 strenght
>8-12 mass
>15+ isnt even a workout, its more like cardio at that point.

How do you guys spice your rice up during cooking? I usually add some crushed garlic cloves.

Does anyone know why Rippletits advocates bodyweight chinups to failure over weighted three sets of five?

Grandpa Post: In my 50s, starting lifting again 6 weeks ago after a 20+ year hiatus. Going well enough. I have a really basic question for Veeky Forums.

I've gone from 263 to 213 in about 10 months with very little change other than putting down the drink and other garbage foods (soda, pizza, donuts, whatever). Anyways, my weight has stayed consistent throughout the past six weeks despite working pretty hard five days a week. My measurements have increased (or decreased) across the board in positive ways. Is it safe to assume that my body is working off fat and building muscle in its place? Not sure how to get a reliable BF reading but I am assuming now that I am at 25 to 28% bodyfat.

How long should I stick to my PPL routine? It's been three months now.
I'm lifting 6 days per week and I'm thinking about switching to a bro split after PPL.

Can I do weight training on a fast? If so how will my muscles repair without any protein intake?

I don't know, but one issue with chin-ups is that it can be difficult to quantify whether you're getting a quality rep or not quite. So if you're focused on doing sets of 5 and adding weight each session, what often happens is that your form begins to deterioate over time. In other words you get stronger on paper but in reality it just looks more and more sloppy.
That's probably the main reason chin-ups are rarely regarded as a primary exercise. I suppose for the same reason it's easier to just say bang out to you fail and take whatever progress comes naturally?

>Is it safe to assume that my body is working off fat and building muscle in its place?
If all numbers are going in the right direction, then yes.

That's a stupid question. The purpose of a program is to keep driving your lifts up. As long as this is happening you stay on the program. When it's no longer working, you switch to another program.

If your lifts haven't been going up consistently for months, then congratulations, you've been wasting months just fucking up.

If your lifts have been steadily increasing and still are, please, keep doing what you're doing because it's working really well for you.

What food should I eat if I'm suffering from chronic heartburn?

Any physiotherapists here? Going to see one soon, but in the meantime I need a way to deal with a year-long strange feeling in my left shoulder. It clicks in it when I lift it up as a shrug. It's periodic, sometimes it doesn't hurt at all, other times it's painful. Did an MR scan, and I don't have a rotator cuff injury.

Talk to your physcian and get an Rx for omeprazole. I had heartburn for years (like cripplingly painful heartburn). Took it daily for 6 months and it never came back.

What isolation accessory exercises do people recommend adding to stronglifts to prevent t-rex mode? Also any other exercises for parts of the body that you think its lacking

Do Greyskull with arm accessories, kid

Stronglifts recommends dips and pullups.

Can I get a bodyfat % guess? I'm about 6 weeks into my first cut on the right. Trying to get to 12-13% so I can clean bulk

MILK TRUCK

First off, he doesn't **strictly** advocate chinups with bodyweight to failure.
>alternate chinups and pullups by session
>when you can do higher reps with bodyweight, do every other session weighted
He's a bit inconsistent as to whether getting 10+ or 15+ from book to book or forum q/a thread is "higher reps" but at some point like that you add enough weight that you get failure between 5-8 reps.

Ripp's belief is that progression on bodyweight lifts is uneven so you can't count on a smooth 3x5 add 5lbs like you can on barbell lifts, so he uses rep ranges. The form issue is more of a reason why he doesn't ever do low reps (1-3) with them.

If you're talking about a complete fast from ALL food, and not about a Lenten (TradCath or Eastern Orthobro) fast, then you are a fucking retard and you deserve all your gainz to go away.

Any type of fasting for losing weight quickly should be a PSMF which ensures that you get your protein, EFAs, and some vitamin supplementation. Which means usually about 800kcals/day minimum.

For Lent, use either vegetable protein supplements or shellfish (if Eastern Ortho) or whey etc (if Western Ortho or TradCath) to make sure you get your protein.

Yes, you should weight train during a diet to make sure most of the weight loss is fat. It's long-duration cardio that is most dangerous on extremely low-calorie diets.

its been ~8 months of me doing SL and all my lifts are stalling a bit above 0.65/1.25/1.5/2
i started out as a skelly and barely did any real deloading
is it time to deload or to get a more advanced routine
>inb4 eat more
im fat enough already

Why is your bench not progressing? I recently figured out how to put on 2.5+kgs to my bench each week, and im at a 1.5/80kg bp

are you going hard? are you getting enough protein? Are you doing bench every workout?

I exchanged bench every other day for HARD close grip bench and its been going up steadily

Get a new routine.

How do I tell if I have good calves genetics?

>see girl i barely know in local gym while doing my chest routine
>gym is pretty empty but dont say anything to her, barely make eye contact
>later that night, get instagram follow request from her

is she cyber-mirrin?

it wasnt just about bench it was about all lifts
but i wrote that when i was emotional after failing a diddly set (due to slipping, despite using chalk)
now that my mind is clear i can say that i not once failed a squat set (probably because its so low) and my bench has been going fine aswell, but my deadlift and ohp is stalling hard
also im doing the classic SL with bp&squat and ohp&deadlift alternating and some accessories

Will using the sauna/steam bath after my workout negatively impact my gainz?

>Does [subjective thing] equal [objective thing]??

Changed from low bar to high bar back squats. I thought low bar incorporated your hams more, but my hams are more sore after switching. Why? I had my form checked on both by multiple people and they all said I was fine.

Soreness isn't just about the muscle being used. It's about doing a new movement that you aren't accustomed to.

That makes sense. Are the movements that different? My quads aren't sore at all since I start regularly. I assumed would be the same with my hamstrings.

If you were to go into a grocery store and get 1 item to restore potssium and sodium what would it be?
Gatorade nutrition facts says barely any but a shit load of sugar

I'm recently started bulking at roughly a 500 surplus. This usually means that I have to eat 500-1000 calories only an hour or so before going to bed. I'm not sure if this has an effect, but it feels like my stomach is swelling up or something.

>tl;dr: Eating a lot before going to bed, good or bad?

A spoonful of salt and eat a banana.

If I buy plates on amazon, is the quantity the number of pairs, or just the number of actual plates?

>Gelatin capsules
Former coworker used to rave and rant about how the USP and supplement manufacturers are poisoning their consumers with the gelatin in the capsule (as well as the pill itself, often times.) I don't know if it's true but he was charismatic and it sounded convincing. Are gelatin caps bad for you or are they good for gains?

I work on a hypertrophy system of 3x8, 3x10, 4x10 then up the weight, since I upped the weight last session but skipped gym due to snow, should I start with 3x8 or 3x10 when I lift again on Monday?

New to lifting and only a few weeks in. How do I differentiate between back soreness and back pain?

Does your body naturally heat up when its cold outside?
I'll wear hooded all the time inside and feel fine, but when I go outside and walk around for a bit with the same outfit on, when I go back inside I notice I'm a little bit sweaty, despite not doing anything other than walking around a bit. What is this winter magic Veeky Forums?

Need some love on those shoulders and forearms bud

When you start working out, you'll get DOMS for the first 3 or 4 weeks or so. After that, you'll be less sore after similarly intense workouts. This is normal. Stop lifting for 2-3 weeks and the DOMS will come back when you return to the weights.

You can't safely lose 4-5 pounds per week unless you weight, sa