What's the point of lifting if your body will always be hugely impractical for most purposes?

What's the point of lifting if your body will always be hugely impractical for most purposes?

Look at gym rats in any other type of exercise and you'll realize how weak they really are. In martial arts they struggle to get the movements right, and they start running out of steam within seconds of sparring. In endurance-heavy exercises they tend to give in even before DYEL fags, because the energy that goes into sustaining huge impractical muscles is immense. In obstacle courses, you see how much the added weight fucks with them. Anything that requires mobility or flexibility, forget it, they tend to have none.

The xbox hueg body is only good for lifting, and they're only good for lifting with certain movements. It's unattractive and it's essentially weak and impractical, so you might as well have stayed DYEL in the first place.

I think a "jack of all trades, master of none" approach is the best one. Don't go 100% on anything. Lift, practice martial arts, practice endurance shit, practice calisthenics, and so on. Unless you're a professional you have no reason to tie yourself to one type of movement/exercise.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0pNvMnjQYiY&t
reddit.com/r/Fitness/wiki/recommended_routines#wiki_military_.2F_law_enforcement_.2F_first_responder
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bodybuilding optimizes you for social settings.
>Intimidate men
>impress women
People I the first world don't need to resort to combat in most exchanges.

Read Yukio Mishimas work and find out

I lift for aesthetics. So it's either be bad at martial arts etc. and skinny/fat or be equally "impractical" but look good.

>I think a "jack of all trades, master of none" approach is the best one. Don't go 100% on anything. Lift, practice martial arts, practice endurance shit, practice calisthenics, and so on. Unless you're a professional you have no reason to tie yourself to one type of movement/exercise

t. crossfitter

Mishima wasn't going all in in one direction though. He practiced martial arts, did army drills (trained with the actual japanese army of even special forces iirc), practiced with melee weapons, etc.

He's a great example of jack of all trades master of none.

It sucks when you're the big guy and you fail at physical patterns of movement that you're not adapted to. You can sense everyone else's disappointment.

Ah I get you, he was very clear that he thought having a strong body wasn't necessary for the modern man but was essential for his spirit

No this is stupid, I just want to look better and live longer.

How do I become /specialforces/ fit without having to join the special forces?

>Look at gym rats in any other type of exercise and you'll realize how weak they really are. In martial arts they struggle to get the movements right, and they start running out of steam within seconds of sparring.
The reason why there are weight classes in martial arts is because bigger guys would KO most guys who are lighter, so they wouldn't even need that much endurance in the first place.
>In endurance-heavy exercises they tend to give in even before DYEL fags, because the energy that goes into sustaining huge impractical muscles is immense.
And marathon runners are shit at lifting weights, I don't get what your point is. Both activities are pretty useless in today's society.
>Anything that requires mobility or flexibility, forget it, they tend to have none.
That depends on the individual, I've seen boxers (the gym where I go has martial arts too) not being able to squat below parallel

I've literally only ever been on Veeky Forums like 3 times in my life and never contributed before; but i've been lifting sporadically for about 10 years. At the peak of my effort about a year ago I could dl 160kg, squat 100kg and just about manage a single 100kg bp spotted. Not huge I know but I wasn't really going in that hard and my diet was shit, and I just pretty much did it because my friends were at the time.

I guess I felt kind of strong but it was always a stiff immobile kind of feel. In the past month i've started eating a lot of fruit/veggies and my excercise regime consists of nothing but cardio and I might do some light weights from time to time to break it up; started boulder climbing the other day and i'm looking to do yoga soon and i've honestly never felt better my whole life; I feel great and I know i'm more physically capable than any stiff-ass gym bro. I did used to enjoy some light power lifting stuff so I might even mix that in a lil but for me fitness > aesthetics & vanity all the way.

Straight lifting is for the weak.

>The reason why there are weight classes in martial arts is because bigger guys would KO most guys who are lighter, so they wouldn't even need that much endurance in the first place.

They all look roughly the same weight in relation to the their height. Not many huge jacked people in the UFC for example, even the heavyweights look DYEL.

>you won't be as good in martial arts, endurance activities, and obstacle courses

but user I don't care about those things

>Straight lifting is for the weak.
This. Gay lifting is better.

>Wow why isn't the bodybuilder good at MMA?
>Wow why isn't the MMA fighter winning the world cup?

You sound like a retard.

I'm thinking about lifting 3 times a week, mostly compounds, and then doing other shit throughout the week.

youtube.com/watch?v=0pNvMnjQYiY&t

This guy has a good method. He does a lot of different things and plans the entire year beforehand, giving himself goals in each category and having different priorities for each time of the year.

Are you implying that weightlifters aren't flexible, mobile and aesthetic?

I more or less agree. Using your body for something outside of the gym is always better than using your body FOR the gym. Lifting for aesthetics is lame, and the amount of people who lift and act like powerlifters even though they don't compete is staggering.
Don't get me wrong I like lifting and getting strong, but being strong in a bunch of positions instead of just a few patterns is way more satisfying. That's why I grapple, stay flexible and do stuff like Jefferson and zercher deads, it's so much more fun.

Faggot soyboy vegan shill.

What if I compete and lift at a dedicated gym and not a commercial gym? Most people don't but a lot of people on this board actually compete.

I lift for aesthetics.

Weightlifers lift for sport, they're not gym rats.

Say what you like about CrossFit, and personally I think it’s retarded, but no one can argue those CrossFit games folks are some of the fittest people around ( yes I know they are all juicing)

This.

Yeah that's fine. I still think powerlifting is kinda silly, but it has competition and you're chasing goals, so it's still good.

Is it possible to maintain a 1.5xbw bench 2xbw squat and dead for high reps natty while keeping a high level cardio?

Monday - body weight / core
Tuesday - HIIT
Wednesday - weights
Thursday - HIIT
Friday - Core
Saturday weights
Sunday - Rest / praise God

Works for me!

>Criticises impracticality of weightlifting
>Chooses martial arts as an example

Unless you do martial arts or obstacle courses, why do you need to be good at them. And if you don't do them, you'll suck at them regardless of how much lifting you've done.

No

excepts this all goes for crossfitters as well, let them play basketall, or football and their movements probably will be all blocky and unatheltic
the thing is athleticism, and that you cannot train in the gym, you have to be involved in sports from young age, and it kid of stuck with you your whole life,

I do my martial arts to be good at marital arts, I rock climb to be good at climbing, and I do resistance training to look good , and help keep me injury free.

The only "useful" things in day to day life are looking good and having a fairly good level of cardio

I could do that when i ran marathons so yes

i absolutely dread cardio but i understand its importance and i know i want to have a high level of endurance, any tips on getting good at cardio?

Classic example of "good times create weak men".
>I don't need to be strong and athletic because I live in a first world hurr durr
Meanwhile, your country is getting overrun with mexicans and chinese if you're american or muslims if you're european, but hey, at least you have muscles for going to a night club where you may intimidate some drunk lowlifes and impress some cumdumpster skanks while your country is collapsing

I'd only eat meat if I engaged in the alpha ritual of hunting and butchering my prey myself, eating pre killed animals is literally the most beta thing imaginable you cow-lactate feminised gynocomastia high-voice bitchboi

reddit.com/r/Fitness/wiki/recommended_routines#wiki_military_.2F_law_enforcement_.2F_first_responder

I can't vouch for any of it though

Being wilfully unprepared for an emergency is just lazy and negligent.

Most fighters in the UFC look like they have lifted weights at some point of their lives, you don't get that muscular just by grappling and kicking

Forgot pic

>t. literally a faggot

I'm an old mother fucker, so I'm gonna break it down for you young bucks.

If you lift to make yourself better socially, you are mentally ill.

balance is the key. I work with guys 20-25 years younger than me that have all sorts of fucked up body parts and problems because they are dumb.

They played college football or rugby or whatever and fucked up all their joints and wake up in pain every day. For what?

Exercise almost daily, but switch it up, life is a long journey.

If you power lift.. why? To see how much weight you can put up? For what? Nobody cares

I'm 45 years old and I wake up everyday feeling great and ready to go. Nothing hurts because I didn't do stupid shit my whole life.

Take it for what it's worth. If anybody cares, I alternate between cardio and strength training 6 days a week. I do whatever I feel like for cardio, no more than 30 minutes, usually more like 20. Why run a marathon? What's the point, nobody cares if you ran 26 miles. I do free weights some days, bodyweight shit (usually with a weighted vest) some days, machines, bands, whatever.

I'm 6'3", weight around 195 or so and at my physically demanding job I run circles around almost everybody. mix it up.

not being a faggot

Fuck off this board bro.

enjoy it
how to enjoy? Do it until you enjoy

>The reason why there are weight classes in martial arts is because bigger guys would KO most guys who are lighter, so they wouldn't even need that much endurance in the first place.
American education. Lots of middleweights can knock out heavyweights and in the history of boxing, this happens so often you look like a complete retard.

I sort of agree, but you can (slowly) get jacked while developing endurance. Do compounds and wrestle, lads, it's de way.

There is very likely a wrestling club in your area composed of dudes in their 20s and 30s who used to compete and now coach kids. There are all-ages tournaments with an Open age group too. And it's cheaper than BJJ gyms cuz it's not a business, just for love of the sport.

Shit man, can you even be Veeky Forums if you DON'T wrestle?

Learn to read, "most" doesn't mean "all", I'm not American btw

>Meanwhile, your country is getting overrun with mexicans and chinese if you're american or muslims if you're european, but hey, at least you have muscles for going to a night club where you may intimidate some drunk lowlifes and impress some cumdumpster skanks while your country is collapsing
>and this is why you NEED to train martial arts
>no use gun though
>gun for weak man

>boxing is the only martial art

i'm something something, did something saw something seen people and i come from plebbit
stop larping

yes, what's the point of doing anything and being good at anything? you can just be mediocre at everything
the fuckin mindset of reddit

So gymnastics is the ultimate test of athleticism I guess

Im Japanese you nimwit

I used to want to get hooge, but now I'm just shooting for a calisthenics/ottermode+ type body. I care more about health and mobility now that I have kids and I want to shoot for general health in case I end up with what my dad died from.

OP is right and this board is retarded. Nothing productive happens here, and the memes aren't that funny anymore. Looking good means nothing if someone can kick your ass.

Why would anybody want to kick my ass?

My condolences

The thing is Veeky Forums primarily consists of shy, socially awkward guys who robotically go to class, the gym and back home to post on Veeky Forums. Playing sports would require them to socialize which scares them. Lifting is a largely solo endeavor that allows them to autistically control their diet and exercise without having to speak to other people.

not that user but are you literally retarded? Working out this way makes you best at life you fucking faggot. What's the bloody point in being the best at lifting weights from the ground? Sure it's hard and required a lot of grit and dedication but it's a hollow, worthless activity that only makes you better at it, it's like grinding in an mmo. Like seriously people that do stupid shit in order to be the best at it are just so sad, look at the most Guinness book record holders.

Crossfit in theory has merit, it just has shitty exercises and dangerous methods. Strength and cardio probably require separate actions.

>can't even lift a light middle schooler above their heads
>yea I can beat you in a fight
Itt you're all the nerds that didn't want to play a real sport, but your parents needed you to be active in something in between the gaming marathons. Please keep going on about how you can kick my ass even though almost every martial arts class doesn't allow actual sparring and you pay $200 a month to learn a foreign art from an American

Yes you can. Like, it just takes a fucktonne of time.

If you're that scared of an emergency then just get a gun, dumbo.

>tfw you're better than over 90% of Veeky Forums in everything

Thanks brah, what a good image to start my morning.

>people that do stupid shit in order to be the best at it are just so sad
why try at life? why do more than the absolute bare minimum to sustain yourself if anything more is hollow? what a pathetic mindset. one of the most charming qualities of humans as a species is their desire to excel in any field just for kicks. to push boundaries on all levels. doesnt matter if its becoming really good at a video game, fucking a lot of women, making a lot of money, lifting a lot of weight. yes, life is pointless we all understood that when we hit age 16. still it is in our power to create foals for ourselves and beat them.

>What's the point of lifting if your body will always be hugely impractical for most purposes?
>Look at gym rats in any other type of exercise and you'll realize how weak they really are. In martial arts they struggle to get the movements right, and they start running out of steam within seconds of sparring. In endurance-heavy exercises they tend to give in even before DYEL fags, because the energy that goes into sustaining huge impractical muscles is immense. In obstacle courses, you see how much the added weight fucks with them. Anything that requires mobility or flexibility, forget it, they tend to have none.
>The xbox hueg body is only good for lifting, and they're only good for lifting with certain movements. It's unattractive and it's essentially weak and impractical, so you might as well have stayed DYEL in the first place.
>I think a "jack of all trades, master of none" approach is the best one. Don't go 100% on anything. Lift, practice martial arts, practice endurance shit, practice calisthenics, and so on. Unless you're a professional you have no reason to tie yourself to one type of movement/exercise.

lol what lame ass kind of mc dojos are you going to that dont allow sparring?

lots of bodyweight circuits, running, endurance work.
Aim for:
>100 press-ups
>200 sit-ups
>15 pull-ups
>sub-20 min 5k
>go on tabs across hills with weighted bergen
There's really no way to be truly special forces fit unless you're in the special forces.
Most sf personnel aren't fit by Veeky Forums standards as they aren't bodybuilders.

>press-ups

being a 16 year old nihilist is fine, but not growing out of it by 18 is not. Life has plenty of meaning and not all activity is equally fulfilling and good. You can't compare a life of a man who became the best at a particular martial art or was the most sought-after software creator with a person who holds the biggest pacman highscore.

>You can't compare a life of a man who became the best at a particular martial art or was the most sought-after software creator with a person who holds the biggest pacman highscore.
why? how meaningful those achievements are is entirely subjective.

Apparently every single one in fucking Virginia. There was an mma class that allowed sparring, but it was around $300 a month for about 10 hours of training. I just try to teach myself in my basement, but it's hard because NO ONE wants to spar with me and it's hard to catch my mistakes

>just do anything a bit why try to get good at anything just stay completley mediocre and stop if it gets to hard

the fittest folks around are olympic weightlifters, they would fucking dominate a crossfitter at literally anything. and no I am not talking about the open weightclass but rather about people like Liao Xiaojun. in his weightclass I think he could do any sport and be great because his athleticism and explosive strength is off the fucking charts.

no, not everything is subjective just like not everything is subjective. There are objective truths about us as the human species - we enjoy being happy and dislike being unhappy for starters.
It saddens me deeply that so many fellow anons fall for the "nothing matters lmao" meme, since if nothing matters nothing doesn't matter too.

there is no excuse for weakness

>There is very likely a wrestling club in your area composed of dudes in their 20s and 30s
HAHAHAHAHAHA, great joke!
t. tired for trying to find wrestling club for adults in two cities where I lived; now just doing BJJ.

You're saying I should practice martial arts, so that I wont struggle with martial arts if I ever start practicing it?

this
muscles are purely for flexing on people

FUCK OFF ID RATHER HAVE THE WORLD BURN WHILE I FINALLY GET TO CUM BALLS DEEP IN HOT WET TIGHT SILKY SOFT PUSSY THAN HAVE IT END UP OK WHILE I GET KEKED BY CHAD

RRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>>Intimidate men
LMAO, when you in clothes nobody can tell do you lift or not. Post yourself if you disagree

we get it. you have a shit frame, lanklet.

still no photo, big guy

You're pretty pathetic dude. Not everything is to impress other people. Sometimes, I just want to be better. Is that really unreasonable?

yeah it is
the point of life is to have sex
your priorities are wrong get it together man

yes, especially if you weigh like 150

at the end of the day man....you can do WHATEVER DA FUK U WANNA DO