TEXAS METHOD MODIFICATION

Trying to modify texas method to remove Olympic lifts, plus add some upper body stuff, particularly arms like shoulder, and some back would be good too. I did texas method for a while. Found my legs were strong as fuck but others werent as good. Also don't have access to olympic weightlifting. I just have weights and rack. Here's original texas method model i went on.

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/texas-method.
youtube.com/watch?v=_drttm5r66A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

do it for squats only and find a better program for everything else

Sounds like a good idea. Any ideas?

sorry forgot link, this is original texas method i went on t-nation.com/training/texas-method. The picture is proposed modification.

bump

Rippetoe says not to fuck with the program, them's the rules. YNDTP as he would say.

Rippetits: I'd limit any assistance exercises to some brief arm work on Monday.

He would honestly probably tell you to go fuck yourself If you tried to remove anything such as the Power Clean/Snatch.

too bad, cant do the power cleans or snatch, as am alone with no supervision, in a small room with little space. Not gonna risk it. These workout people just say stuff like ÈTHTS TOO BAD, DO IT" but not everyone gives a fuck. I just do this as a hobby, not gonna risk my life.

>Also don't have access to olympic weightlifting. I just have weights

youtube.com/watch?v=_drttm5r66A

>Power clean
>Risk your life
Fucking lmao.

I don't go to a gym, i don't want to argue about this. I just want some opinions on modifying the program. I went out of my way for momnths to go to an olympic gym just for this, don't give me your religious bullshit.

YNDTP and removing the Olympic lifts makes you a massive pussy. They're incredibly easy to do and safer to bail out of than the bench or squat.

>But I don't go to a gym!
And? The only thing you need to power clean is barbell and it takes the same space as a front squat.

not when i have no room to move in my location, i also have a power rack to protect me

protect your virginity

K, I lift way more than you fag. If you dont want to help then fuck off

When I end my actual cut I plan on doing this one that I found in the startingstrength forum

Monday
Overhead press: 5x5 @ 80% of Friday
Deadlift: 5x5 @ 80% of Friday
Dips: 4 sets with bodyweight

Wednesday
Squat: 5x5 @ 80% of Saturday
Bench press: 5x5 @ 80% of Saturday
Pull ups: 4 sets with bodyweight

Friday
Overhead press: 2x3 / 3x2 / 5x1
Deadlift: 2x3 / 3x2 / 5x1
Fluff lift slot 1

Saturday
Squat: 2x3 / 3x2 / 5x1
Bench press: 2x3 / 3x2 / 5x1
Fluff lift slot 2

I like it because no olympic shit, and bench and press 2 a week. Maybe I'll cut the monday deadlift to 3 sets, depending if it fucks me up too much.

at least(you must lol) add weight to the chin ups and throw in some sort of row variation

Yeah, I copypasted directly from the forum but I already planned to do exactly that. I'm doing chins now with 35kg, I'm not going to drop to bodyweight fag shit.

This one is interesting to me

SS + GOMAD seems more up your alley.

oh yeh, nice memes bro, see if u can squat over 400 ppounds

Good lad

add a light DL variation on monday (paused, deficit, snatch, romanian etc) and do DL 5RM on friday. if you want to do squat singles, do at least 5 and don't do for any more than 2 weeks (rotate 1x5, 1x3, 2x2 and 5x1 if you absolutely must. if you want to do weekly singles then you need to adjust your expectations as to what the body can handle, even on roids), also 90% will batter you to pieces as you get stronger, same goes for upper body singles

if you can justify your altered programming for bench and press then make it known and we can critique because for now it looks like special snowflake syndrome.