Do i have too much butt wink?

youtube.com/watch?v=sdY6vMD6FE0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QhVC_AnZYYM.
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bumppp

Yes. You're losing every bit of tension

how do i maintain that trension

You're going too low and you heels are coming ff the ground which isn't good. Just go below parallel, not ATG.

Get some different shoes to squat in that have thin solid soles (Chuck Taylors are good) or go barefoot because it looks like you're wearing running shoes that are unstable. Second you need to brace if not already doing so; you can practice this by doing planks or search how to brace on youtube. Lastly, it looks like you're divebombing your squats so you aren't keeping tension in your hamstrings. Do some pause squats by going down to parallel (or just below) holding for a 2 count then go back up.Otherwise, looks pretty good user and it's nice to see someone hit depth though you really don't need to go so deep unless you want to do olympic lifting!

Going too low.

I like how squatting ATG feels more than just below parralel, is my body not structured for ATG or is there some work I can do to have better form in that position?

5'6 btw

thanks for the comments, I actually did pause squats all last week, and I felt some really weird sharp pain in my lower back after a workout. I never had that pain when doing these types of squats, so I switched back to ATG.

An isntructor came up to me and told me my back was rounding at the bottom (which it is) so i wanted to change my form. Squatting jsut below parralel puts a lot of stress on my back and its really uncomfrotable for me, is that how its supposed to feel?

I guess I would need to post more videos

Homie, you need to work on your hamstring, glute, and hip flexor mobility, as well as deload and try to be more conscious of your butt wink IF you want to keep squatting atg. Remember, its the shift of lumbar positioning under load that results in disc injury.

Do you ever get pain in your hip flexors? I squat ATG as well and my hips feel fucked for days afterwards, and it's not DOMS, it's a more aggressive pain.

Do you lads reckon it's my form or something else?

Witnessed.

My intuition is that your back need to be even more vertical at the bottom in order for this ATG stuff to "work". We already know you're on your toes at the bottom, so you're not in balance. You're falling forward.

ATG might be feeling good simply because your slapping your tights against your calves. You let yourself fall down and get a bouncy feeling at the bottom.

I don't like any of this.

>Squatting jsut below parralel puts a lot of stress on my back and its really uncomfrotable for me, is that how its supposed to feel?

No. But it will if you're falling forward, getting too bend over depending on your bar position.

Also, if you change squat technique you're gonna have to deload.

Hip impingement.

If your back is hurting it might be that you aren't bracing properly which is causing you lower back to take the load. Looking at the video your lumbar spine is definitely going into flexion which is not good. Experiment with different foot placement widths to see if that makes it better. It could be a mobility problem down your biomechanics that forces your lumbar spine to flex to compensate for another area to reach depth. Chances are you are standing too narrow but if you place your feet out wider it might work better for you

your squat form is just shit

your heels lift up and you go down too fast and try to bounce back up, learn how to squat properly first.

go wider stance, your toes, knees pointing bit outward, you got long ass femurs, stop doing atg bullshit, build your base up

thanks for the tips guys. WIll deload and try a wider stance/buy squat shoes.

Dude you don't need to "deload," that implies lowering your weight by about 20 pounds. You literally need to go back to basics and start from scratch using only the bar, or you're seriously going to DESTROY your fucking knees. Believe me, I was in your exact situation about 2 years ago, and did some irreversible damage to myself with similar garbage form. I thought I could make one or two little tweaks with slightly lower weight to fix it. Believe me, it doesn't work, your squat is FUCKED and needs to be 100% re-engineered.

Sorry for the below wall of text, but you have a lot of major issues you need to fix:

1. You're too worried about depth, you're simply not flexible to be going that deep. As long as you're breaking parallel/90 degrees, that's perfectly acceptable, and over time you will gain flexibility to hit lower depth.

2. Keep your fucking heels planted. Your driving force in this video is from your toes through your knees, that is literally the exact opposite of driving from your heels through your glutes, which is what you should be doing. This will literally have you walking around like a cripple within 3 months if you don't stop.
3.Go SLOW on the way down. You're literally dropping as if you're trying to dodge a punch being thrown at your head, instead you should drop like you're an anal virgin trying to slowly slide onto a dildo. You can have a little bounce of speed at the bottom to get you out of the hole, but 90% of the way down should be slow and controlled.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but that form is fucking terrifying. Watch this video by Rippetoe, go to 0:45 and watch that over and over until you truly grasp the concept of what he's saying: youtube.com/watch?v=QhVC_AnZYYM. You should be driving up from your rear, not from your knees.

Best of luck brah, godspeed. Also, quit it with the fuckin rolled up sweatpants and manbun, you're embarrassing all of us.

You're going unnecessarily deep. You only need to go to parallel. Everything beyond that is just useless extra effort.

Also get rid of that man bun ya Russel Brand lookin ass muthafucka

dont listen to this retard lol

>too long of walkout
>no brace
>chest not up
>too low
>heels off the ground
>bouncing off the calves
you basically need to start over from scratch

don't listen to this idiot

dont listen to this idiot either

OP you need to to STOP BEING A BITCH

Okay I squat 3 pl8 for reps with relative ease, 7+ year lifter. Please tell me 1 thing I said that was incorrect you chicken legged soyboys.

>3 plate for reps in 7 years

that should be enough to show you have no fucking clue

He is 65 years old

Like I said pajeets, I do 3pl8 for reps with ease barely even breaking a sweat, it's not even close to my max, and for the first few years of lifting I was doing everything wrong and had to go back to basics like OP should.

I guarantee both of you are larping soyboys who can't lift for shit and have physiques like Candito, yet think you're superior to others because of your 1RM and 7 comments on your most recent IG post telling you how strong you are.