See guy at gym regularly use this

>see guy at gym regularly use this
>don't think much of it but hes on it longer than some of my exercise sessions at times
>try it on cardio day
>cant even go 10 minutes on it
>felt like I was sprinting the entire time even at slow pace

Its called a trueform treadmill, my gym only has one. Is it for marathon runners or something?

Attached: 912771.jpg (800x831, 110K)

Other urls found in this thread:

asweatlife.com/2016/05/run-true-form-treadmill/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Go on

his shoes make me want to do the opposite of him.

running on a normal treadmill is easier than running outside. i guess it is supposed to simulate "actual" running or something

running on a treadmill is just moving your feet to keep you from falling down. Actual running you are moving your mass from point a to b. It is not the same exercise

I can run outside fine but on this thing I can't
Any one else actually try it?

You actually have to know how to run correctly and efficiently for this to be useable. Ive tried it and 5 minutes of running like a madman trying not to fall and I was dead. Vs a treadmill where all you gotta do is hop/skip/step at the right time and you can breeze through it.

Also makes you work on your balance.

So its bad for cardio?
I'm not in Africa running from lions all day I just need to get that cardio in at times

Attached: 1397217293523.jpg (1600x1036, 872K)

It's great for sprints. Let's you control what speed you want to run at. Just learn to do it though cause if you want to just jog it's a pain.

how much cost a threadmill where i could sprint ? the only ones i see are those you can run 15 km/h max

Hmm, ya I think I need to get gud at it

First time in a long time at the gym I felt embarrassed that something kicked my ass so much.

I wouldn't know. Try to google a sprinting treadmill.

I get it. Just take it as a learning experience. When I first saw it and stepped on it I almost fell off. Just laughed and approached it more calmly.

treadmills are not actually running. Sprinting is just putting your foot down to prevent falling at a more rapid pace.

t. fat retard with shit cardiopulmonary health who has no idea what the hell is going on

You realize you are still moving your mass?

Attached: 1516953608240.png (488x463, 28K)

Not

An

Argument

You are a fucking idiot holy shit.
You must also think that when you push against a wall you don't use energy at all since it doesn't move.

>you have no idea what your talking about
T-that doesnt mean im wrong!!!!

Zozzle

Attached: 1517287874473.png (645x729, 91K)

>ITT people think pic related is the same as jumping.

Attached: -1.jpg (480x360, 18K)

asweatlife.com/2016/05/run-true-form-treadmill/

no , youre wrong . tread mills are a fake exerciser

anyone have the gif of the women fitness class and this shit

> he watches "le not an argument" guy
Wanna know how I know you are a brainlet?

Actually since the track is moving backwards you have to propell yourself forwards too.

Running on a treadmill is no different from hopping in place.
The most exhausting part is finding the right pace

>something that requires too much cardio for you to do
>bad for cardio

Doesn't work like this.

>t. failed physics class

Even if you ignore the theory, it's extremely evident that running on a treadmill at a good pace is more exhaustive than hopping in place at the same pace.

You're not propelling forward, you're staying in place. All you do is lift your knees up. The propelling forward isn't done by a downward force of your leg but a backward pull from the machine.

At least bicycle machines create a force for you to work against.

You do create a forward push, otherwise you'd be moved backwards by the belt. The only things missing from the treadmills are the air resistance/wind and the need to deal with obstacles (uneven terrain, curbs, potholes, etc)
That's what makes it easier to run indoors. Not because of the machine "doing it for you"

Attached: 1520661684294.jpg (1218x1015, 212K)

Use the treadmill at an incline to prevent injury and simulate real running better

Since this threads seems to be about runnnig: I have pretty shitty shoes and no money to buy another pair and I get an awful lot of blisters. Is there anything I can do to prevent that?

Run barefoot.

Different misconception here.

Physics tells you that doing 1miles on a threadmil and doing 1 mile outside is roughly the same in terms of energy expenditure. On the other hand physics tells you that you don't expend any energy by pushing on a wall that doesn't move, while biology (and experiment) tells you otherwise.

Point particle physic doesn't model very well the human body actions (duh...), sometimes the aproximation is good enough to have rough estimations but sometimes the aproximation is really bad and it's not even good for qualitative thinking.

Maybe wear thick socks or get insoles. Or just run barefoot

Save up the money for another pair

Put your treadmill on a 1% or 2% incline to simulate wind resistance, terrain and other factors you don't get with running outside.

I think it's something like >8 min mile, 1%

Amazing how people fall for such low bait.

Fix your form.

>The only things missing from the treadmills are the air resistance/wind and the need to deal with obstacles.

WRONG

When you run on a treadmill *with good form* most of your body is staying in one place relative to, say, the floor. This means that most of your mass is stuck in the same place. Unlike real running, you aren’t moving your mass.

>but muh relative motion of the treadmill track

The track is going backwards, yes, but your mass is a actually resisting this backwards motion because an object at rest tends to stay at rest.

Treadmill “running” is simply letting your foot be dragged backwards while keeping your mass in place. Then, you place your other foot forwards and change your balance to that foot. It is work, but not near the amount of work you would do if you were actually moving your mass relative to the earth. Get it?

Attached: 46BF4E1D-703E-41C7-B6AB-4491A03CCB3F.jpg (291x200, 25K)

No money to buy shoes? Not even cheap non branded ones? Are you homeless user?

You're a fucking idiot.

WEE WOO WEE WOO RETARD ALARM

Attached: iWarning.png (512x512, 252K)

He was right. And your dumbasses couldnt even counter his points without sperging out. It looks like youre the retards here.

People arent saying the treadmill isnt work. But the working is just moving your legs. When you physically run out side you not only move your legs you have to push forward. So its more work. I feel like you retards in this thread arent actually reading and just assuming we are saying "you do zero work on a treadmill".

If you fatasses did both you would know running outside is harder than the treadmill.

It's Veeky Forums.
People here actually believe the shit that they say, so it is hard to discern bait from just plain stupidity.

I'm probably taking the bait here but whatever. When your feet touch the ground, there's one point of contact that you push off of. When your feet touch the treadmill, there's one point of contact that you push off of. You move the same amount of weight with the same motion. Unless you have a mental handicap and your feet don't leave the ground when you run, it's almost the same exact thing.

Btw, 7 years of track and cross country, and running treadmills ever since moving to the city.

Post feet, I bet your toes are squished together

all movement is RELATIVE

>You move the same amount of weight with the same motion.

No, you don’t. “Weight” is created by the gravitational interaction of your body with the earth. On a treadmill, you don’t do work relative to the earth.

Your body stays in the same place. It doesn’t move. How hard is this to understand?

Unless you are letting your BODY constantly slide back on the treadmill, there is truly less work being done.

Attached: 847189AF-E409-4D34-BE6A-607503A7F23D.jpg (236x323, 31K)

Treadmills pull your foot backwards, rather than pushing and moving forwards.

>physics tells you that you don't expend any energy by pushing on a wall that doesn't move
You don't understand physics at all, the only reason you think this is true is you never passed high school physics where everything was a smooth perfectly spherical object.
Learn how muscles work, you spend energy just by clenching them because the "point-particle physics" you're referring to are occurring on the molecular level.

no the guy that responded, but please point out where I am wrong.

>t. person who understands physics

ok I guess your feet are in contact with the ground for ~0.5s so you do move backwards some and have to push yourself forward, but still not close to actual running

Sup /fit. Company I work for sells these curved treadmills, but the Assault brand, not Trueform. So, couple things:

Assault is slightly better than trueform because the front of an Assault is curved up slightly higher, so its harder to run near the very front edge.

As someone else mentioned, on a regular treadmill, to simulate running outside, you need to put the incline at 1-3%. Regular treadmills literally pull your feet along underneath you so you do very little effort at 0%. With some incline you end up doing more work.

The curved treadmills: you're pushing the belt along underneath you, and the belt has some mass, so its a lot harder than a regular tread where the belt pulls your foot along. Plus the curved treadmill goes faster as you go faster, instead of just picking a speed like a regular treadmill, so you can end up running at a higher speed than you would normally without realizing it, which will wind you pretty quick. The curved treadmills do have a slight learning curve on how to run on them without destroying your lungs immediately.

I jog around 5-6mph on a regular tread, but I'm down in the low 4's on a curved treadmill with the same rate of perceived exertion (RPE.)

The curve is nice for impact since your foot lands higher up than on a regular treadmill so there's less impact and less stress on your joints.

Previous gym had a couple of these. I'd liken it to jogging in sand, compared to asphalt/concrete, but maybe 50% easier than actually jogging on the beach. I find I can go 10 minutes longer before my hip starters bothering me than on a regular motorized treadmill. You can also get a good workout at a slower pace since you're moving the tread yourself.

yawn. only difference would be wind resistance.

guys i bought a gently used treadmill from a friend. shitty gold gym one. i like to watch tv while i use it. only problem is when i get up to certain speeds (8-10mph) the belt begins to slip and it feels like im running on ice at times which gives me a scary jolt. i read up on it and it said to tighten the belt which i did. but it still happens. is this just a consequence of having a shitty treadmill or is there anything else i can do to fix this?

>paying a gym membership to go for a run
People literally do this

saw an aisan lady at the gym on one of these
blasting out a fast pace, hardly winded, not sweating.

realized she had locked her elbows,and was literally just swinging her legs above the treadmill.

Funny

Honestly, save up and invest in good running shoes that are fitted to your feet.
It's a night and day difference and doesn't fuck up your knees.

I bet you all think pic related would use up as much fuel as a normal take off?

Attached: -1.jpg (533x250, 18K)

No they aren't, and I bet I can outrun you
FAGGOT

Attached: 1515126676462~2.jpg (2553x3062, 707K)

Why did you sign your post?

Regardless of how or why, treadmills are generally way easier to run on than the actual ground. Anyone who regularly runs knows this.

I dont know what the fuck is going on with OP's wizard treadmill. Use it if you want to I guess, but keep your end goal in mind. If you want to be good at sports, it probably won't do shit. If you want to get your heart going and don't want to go outside, it might work.

Now, with all that being said, you shoud just run outside like a normal fucking person.That treadmill is a stupid meme and only a big dumb faggot would use it.

Attached: 7BEE7ABB-B5BF-430C-B4FA-54C357F5C1B1.jpg (478x481, 95K)

What's better, joggin on a treadmill or walking on an incline?

>it's another "Veeky Forums tries to talk science" episode
These are my favorite.

You still get plenty of cardiovascular gains using treadmills, and they don't hurt your shins or knees as badly as running on solid ground.

Attached: fucking mirrors how do they work.png (1784x3832, 2.37M)

Hills, traffic, shit to jump over, not a boring slog, actually go places. There's plenty difference.

>passive aggressive posting
Just mass spam (you)s at everyone you massive faggot

Attached: image.jpg (451x432, 35K)

Lol those were both me.

Idk maybe apply some light grip tape to it? Think the top of skateboards

Prepare for a beat down you massive fag

Attached: image.gif (480x360, 2.77M)

No it's so you are forced to use true form my gym has 3. They are pretty good because of the resistance it provides and it has no motor so no maintenance. I've seen guys do farmers walks on them if someone is using a yoke on the turf

WRONG
once you get your mass moving at a constant velocity its the same as not moving it at all.
Wind resistance is the difference, though it is a pretty big difference. People have a pretty big cd and surface area

Why did so many people here never study basic physics or biomechanics?

When you're running, you are trying to propel your body forward relative to surface you are running on. Just because the tread on the treadmill is moving backwards relative to the earth doesn't mean that you're no longer propelling yourself forward. It's all relative to the running surface, and mechanically, you're exerting the same force on the ground and receiving the same ground reaction force whether you're on a treadmill or outside. Your gait is dependent upon the interaction between you and your running surface, and treadmills and the ground are virtually identical relative to your body when in motion.

If you run on one of those long travelator things at the airport, you're not working twice as hard as the people running on the ground beside you, even though you're going twice as fast. On a treadmill, the effect is the opposite and it looks as if you're not moving at all because relative to the earth, you aren't. But relative to the treadmill, you are moving. This can be proven in so many ways but hopefully you understand.

Also as another user said, why not just try running on a treadmill at say 10km/h then try running outside on the flat at 10km/h, it feels virtually identical. Sure it'll feel a little different and the treadmill will be a little easier (treadmills are usually set to about a 1-2 degree decline to help you feel a sense of momentum carrying you forward), but overall it's the same. Any other differences will be due to discrepancies between the two running surfaces

Pretty bad explanation here but hopefully you get it?