Is it even worth it?

Is it even worth lifting for me?

I'd only like to start lifting for girls, but I have strabismus (exotropia) which makes me look retarded. I can see how people are creeped out by it.
Besides that I'm not really attractive either(balding, uneven teeth, protruding ears but not too much)

I'm 24 yo and kissless virgin. If I'd get to lifting it would take at least 3 years to look decent and by that time I'd be 27 yo. Maybe too late to start doing everything I missed in my teens and early 20's.

As I said I only consider lifting for girls. I'm not interested in hitting high numbers(weight), being strong or even health in general.
>inb4 fix your strabismus
Can't be done in my case.

>inb4 it's not a big deal
Yes it is. I can't make eye contact without people being confused, uncomfortable and creeped out.
It's mostly associated with retarded people and you can imagine how my first impression would be like if I'd approach girls in clubs or bars.

pic related but not me

Thanks for your replies.

Attached: strabismus.jpg (374x210, 8K)

Well you'll feel better about yourself than you do now. So up to you. How bad is your strabismus I know Ryan Gosling has it and he's doing fine.

Ryan Gosling has strabismus. People will get creeped out because you approach conversations already framing yourself as creepy. Definitely lift and improve yourself, you got nothing to lose and everything to gain

It barely visible in his case. I'm more like pic in my first post.

>People will get creeped out because you approach conversations already framing yourself as creepy

It's not that.
They look like that at the first eye contact we make. I don't make/do anything creepy.
I know for a fact that some people actually thought I'm retarded. Me being social outsider didn't help that too but still.

>you got nothing to lose and everything to gain
What can I gain that I'd actually want? As I said, I'm not interested in lifting culture and similar things.

get fit and wear sunglasses.

Damn man my condolences. I'm not joking in this suggestion, but wear an eye patch instead. It'd look bad ass too.

Can you wear sunglasses all the time? Or just dark-tinted glasses so people can't see it?

I mean it's not really an option. Do you know anyone that never takes off their sunglasses?

Thanks, I guess.
It only looks badass in movies and games. It's like riding a wheelchair because prof.X looks cool. It wouldn't help, that's for sure.

Just say you have an eye problem

At some point I'd have to take off my glasses.

Let's say I actually manage to get a date with a girl and everything. Don't you think she'd ask me to take them off at some point?
It's extremely unlikely that someone could sped life with someone without ever taking off glasses. It's really silly to consider that.

And even besides that, I could't follow classes or be in dark rooms/places because I couldn't see anything with them on.

Attached: d3e07c5a8d38a76c6ffe799907ce7f4b.jpg (1920x2658, 641K)

Attached: 520cf0dfb48a5aea9a3902a80fbf7877--mormon-girls-ryan-gosling-hey-girl.jpg (352x352, 49K)

Attached: image.png (720x864, 927K)

Can't you just get surgery?

All three have your condition and yet cinsidered attractive by tge vast majority of women

wear an eye patch

And now look at picture I posted in the first post and tell me you can't see the difference.

In the third picture (blonde guy) I can't even see strabismus.
Other two examples are barely visible, I wouldn't even notice if someone wouldn't point it out.

No, not in my case.

>cripplingly low self esteem

yes, you need to lift.

> If I'd get to lifting it would take at least 3 years to look decent

unless you have a lot of weight to lose you will have noticeable results in 3 months

Attached: fugg.jpg (1000x1166, 72K)

yeah go ahead, for everyproblem you have in your life you can solve it lifting, we are all coping here

Just go get a hooker in Europe, girls arent't worth lifting for. Teeth and ears can be fixed with money too and if you're balding just wear a cap.

If you really want to get into flirting just flirt with some chicks who have the same or similiar problem.

justin beiber?

lift for your self esteem

>I mean it's not really an option. Do you know anyone that never takes off their sunglasses?
stevie wonder for example
pretend you are blind, that way you'll have good physique and helpless blind pity to get you laid

wear an eyepatch and say you are missing an eye

Get in to a fighting sport, say someone hit you so hard it sent your eyeball spinning and hasn't come back round

panty dropper

Key to all 3 is to grow facial hair, have good hair, take neck pill if you are a jawlet

Lift heavy and wear an eye patch. You then look like a different kind of wierdo.

Isn't strabismus fixable?

I said it's not in my case. I can't explain in great details since I'm not a doctor but there are various things that can affect outcome of the surgery.

Have someone smack you across the face hard enough and it will straighten your eyes out

just say you're blind in that eye, or make up some bullshit like "I have 80% vision loss so doctors recommend I cover it up so my other eye doesn't get affected."

Serious question. Can you actively see with both eyes, essentially giving you a larger field of view? Or do you tend to focus vision on your dominant eye?
In regards to your question. Lift. It might take 3 years to get to your final goal, but every day is a chance for improvement. With or without your condition, more fit = more attractive

If it's that bad then yeah get an eye patch

They don't look badass but it will look a hell of a lot better

How tall are you private?

Eye patch is not an option. I'm not considering it. Besides I already look retarded, I don't need to be cripple too.

I don't get larger fov afaik. Vision is focused on dominant eye, but both can be dominant. For example is my left eye is wandering, so I'm looking with right eye straight and something happens on left side, my left eye will become dominant and straight one.

Hope I made it clear enough to understand.

5'10''

>Is it even worth it
yes, it always is. even if it's just for the sake of overcoming and not the direct results that you might end up getting.
you seem to judge the act of lifting by what you see as realistically attainable goals - but you fail to see that for anyone with actual character, lifting is not about muscle growth or looks, but more a symbolic act of resistance, defiance and self-discipline that might lead to positively shaping yourself in other ways, too.
many people who meet here started out at a place of insecurity, regret and failure, and for most people the way to shape yourself - your character, that is - is to first start by implementing the most simple, braindead, yet demanding activity into your daily life: overcome.

take something heavy, overcome gravity. that's it. repeat.
take in that burning sensation in your muscles. concentrate on every minute detail of how awful it feels to resist your bodies wish to stop, to go easier, to not try to get the best out of the cards you've been dealt. savor that feeling, because over time, it will serve as a symbol for you. you will recognize that annoying feeling of resistance in your daily life - not as gravity, but as chores, responsibilities, etc. - and if you have the right mindset, you will do the exact same thing that you did with your barbell: you're going to overcome.
what i'm trying to say is: the only sensible way to approach life is to attempt to always grow, improve and test yourself - and lifting is a fantastic teacher in getting used to overcoming something.

I understand what you are trying to say but I don't see benefits from it if it won't help me become Chad.

What's all that for if I'm going to stay kissless virgin for the rest of my life?

I guess I answered my own question. I don't even know why I created this thread.

Thanks anyway.

>I don't see benefits from it if it won't help me become Chad.

prototypical chad is the most successful animal of all - and simultaneously the lowest human, because what makes chad chad is that he lives all his animalistic urges instead of (having to) overcome them.
if being a content animal (completely fulfilling all your animalistic urges to the max) is what it's all about for you, then i really can't help you.
you've been dealt some shitty cards, but the best way to possibly approach this is to clench your jaw, say "fuck it" and to analytically, robotically train yourself to ritualistic overcoming.
i guess this leap takes a little faith, but your current "everything is shitty, is it even worth it?"-approach isn't going to help you, either. man the fuck up, become the guy that gets addicted to the feeling of neglecting the shitty side of his character all the outlets and see where it leads you.
chad will never get there. chad will fuck stacy 3000 times and live a pointless existence until his chisseled jaw gets eaten by maggots.

I'm not looking for some spiritual or higher means stuff.

But thanks for insightful reply anyway.

Ok i rarely post here but this intrigued me cause i have the same condition

Bad part:
Few years ago i had retinal detachment, don't even remember how many surgeries
After each surgery i had less and less vision
It was a terrible feeling but i grew accustomed to it over time
the end result was 97% blindness and strabism in that eye
I looked like picrelated from op and had 1 healthy eye

Good part:
I lifted for 5 years (2y prior to my accident) and i've recently gotten close to 2/3.5/4/5.5 at 10-12%bf
Everybody mires you if you have good aesthetics

I ain't gonna lie brah
LOTS of girls will drop you immediately just because of your face
that's just the way it is and you'll have to deal with it

>BUT
Having aesthetic body and some charisma will take you pretty fucking far compared to being 25%bf pudgycheeked Kim Jong Un-looking motherfucker

Just 3wks ago i went out on a date with this girl i met at work
We were having a good time joking about some random stuff
She said something about waiter and i said some retarded thing like: "don't worry i can keep an eye on both you and him at the same time"
She fucking died of laughter
We went back to her place, had some fun and we're dating now kek

My point is:
We all notice each other's flaws
I know a sloot who dumped a guy just because he was short
Guy drove a nice bmw, had a good job and she even said he was one of the few guys that was actually good in bed
People will always find reason to like /dislike someone

tldr - you can't fix what you can't fix, but make sure to capitalize on things you can

You are too obsessed with your problems and you prefer to dwell on them instead of finding solutions. You got a shit deal in the looks department. Wow. You poor little boy. I doubt there is anyone else on the planet that has a worse life than you.

This is a board for physical self improvement, not whiney faggots that refuse to help themselves. Fuck off you walleyed pussy.

>you can't fix what you can't fix, but make sure to capitalize on things you can

true for everything and solid advice.

Legit advice.
You could also wear an eyepatch.

>the op was somehow very touching and honest but i dont know what to say so here is some retarded advice.

Unironically wear an eye patch