Building Muscle on a Caloric deficit?

I've read so much shit about this topic and it's really hard to know what's real and what's bullshit. Could anyone here give some real advice on this topic?

Assuming you're 20-25BF%, weight about 70kg and have a consistent strength training regeime (Reached the peak beginner gains). Is it realistic to assume you could eat a calroic deficite while maintaining adiquite protien intake; and consistently lose fat while gaining strength. If it's possible how can you do it? Any advice would be appreciated.

Attached: depression.jpg (620x349, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wkBtHOBmpb0
discord.gg/WfgghsW
academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/103/3/738/4564609
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: d27.png (645x729, 56K)

you can build muscle on a calorie deficit, it's possible from a purely physiological standpoint, it's just pretty unlikely to happen unless you're detrained or a novice or just started using steroids

but after you've been lifting for a few years, it's really unlikely, it's hard enough to gain anything with a surplus and perfect conditions for gaining muscle

>25% bf
>70kg

I believe it can be done if you're still getting noob gains, but have you tried asking any of the other smurfs in the village?

yeah...fasting. just eat every other day. run a big surplus on eat day then water fast the next. your net 2day TDEE will be negative and you'll build muscle and strength while losing weight.

youtube.com/watch?v=wkBtHOBmpb0

Tl;dw:
>Yes, it is possible.
>No, it is not easy.
>Mainly works for beginners, detrained lifters, the obese, and juicers.

>how can you do it

Train really hard, eat really clean.
Ignore your weight, but pay attention to your lifting progress, the way you look and how loose/tight your belt becomes
Don't even count calories, just eat like picrelated (with some oats and red lentils)

Attached: image (1).jpg (673x488, 139K)

>adiquite

not true as olympic athlete have gained muscle while on a calorie deficit

lmao yeah man i'm only 160cm tall.

just calorie cycle with full body workouts every other day. Workout days consume more calories, rest days consume less.

All the strength gainz you make on a cut is psychological.

See the last sentence of the first paragraph.

fuck off sunglasses

Lean bulking is very possible if you eat the right foods very consistently

i wonder if elite athletes sometimes take some substance that might help with gaining muscle

Since im a lazy shit and cant eat iv been training on a deficit so here is my anecdotal evidence

As a novice new lifter you can do it and make gains. I started two months ago doing the bar for OHP and now I can do 30kg. I should get lmao1plate in the next few weeks. I started with only being able to do 2 full wide pullups, now I can do 10.

But the big problem is my energy levels. I make gains on whatever exercises I start with, and I always start with OHP on Monday then do bench. But by the time I get around to bench im tired and its not my muscle that goes out but my whole body. I just feel drained before my muscles get sore.

So think about it like this; you can gain on a deficit but you should do a smaller, more intense workout with a handful of exercises. It would probably be far more efficient to do a full body workout in a surplus, but if you cant get a surplus you can get away with deficit training.

>being this retarded

I've seen articles that argue that this is nonsense because overall, say on a weekly basis, you're just eating a deficit. What do you think of this?

>I started two months ago doing the bar for OHP and now I can do 30kg. I should get lmao1plate in the next few weeks
Fucking lel

You can gain muscle on a diet of fruit loops and juiceboxes when you start, so sure, you can gain muscle on a caloric deficit when you start out. Once you start hitting a wall you should start eating though.

>all those fruit carbs
Rather just eat potatoes dawg

It's obviously nonsense.

i cut from 110kg to 95kg and gained strength, so i guess that counts as building muscle?

Thats not counting the bar you retard

You didn't join the real and active Official Fitness Server on Discord yet??
Advice on routine and posture advice, motivate each other, awesome stories, feels, food pics recipes and diet checks, fasting, etc. Self improvement, nofap and even relationship advice.
We also have some fun channels like memes or a channel dedicated to tinder thot patrolling.
For those who want more adventure, we have a contest: post a pic in begin of the month, and one at the end. Then users vote and the winner gets prize money!
We have lots of guys participating, but only one Female. So femanons dont leave her to be alone

We accept people from all fitness levels: fat, average or athletic. As long as you are encouraging and motivating you are most welcome!
discord.gg/WfgghsW

Attached: IMG-20150809-WA0002.jpg (640x618, 47K)

It's possible with a strict diet, apparently. The test groups in this one had 2.4g*kg/day and 1.2g*kg/day

academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/103/3/738/4564609

>some substance that might help with gaining muscle

It's called protein.

okay so i hope you're still around but i'll be real with you. Legit try to spread out your compound lifts. I'm not too far ahead of you (40kg OHP). Dedicate a day to each compount lift plus accesory exersises that work with that. Also in an order that gives good time for rest. Bench, squat, OHP, deadlift (reapeat).

always count the bar.

which of these is correct?

Attached: counting the bar.jpg (1323x749, 143K)

HOLD ON THERE CHAMPS YOU MIGHT END UP HURTING YOURSELF.

If you only count the weight and the bar you may find yourself with mixed results.

Attached: 1519340412538.jpg (867x913, 162K)

I've been lifting on and off for 5 years and it is possible. It was what I was doing at my peak some years ago and what I am doing now and about to set a new peak for myself. It is something you have to test around for yourself to find the right balance. I do intermittent fasting and eat about 1200 calories a day and at least 130g of protein. On lifting days I eat an extra chicken breast, but have been thinking about cutting that too and also incorporating a 48 hr weekly fast. On this I am losing fat and gaining muscle at a really good rate. My lifts have been going up, I feel like I have more energy, and I've been losing weight. I also run at least a mile per workout 3 days a week.

>but after you've been lifting for a few years, it's really unlikely, it's hard enough to gain anything with a surplus and perfect conditions for gaining muscle
Only if you're shit at tracking your macros and in timing/spacing your meals. It's totally possible to gain muscle on a _dietary_ caloric deficit (the body can get calories from stored fat, who would have ever guessed)