QTDDTOT

What's the secret to making broccoli easy to eat? AKA taste good.

Sauces, combining with something etc. Tell me your broccoli secrets Veeky Forums

Attached: 594822b81a9442131e8b4672-750-563.jpg (750x563, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/WfgghsW
issaonline.edu/blog/index.cfm/2016/how-much-is-too-much-protein-myths-busted
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Don't overcook it.

semen is a good one

Steam the shit out of it

Attached: B949112B-85A1-4269-8E04-57B00E949FF7.png (550x550, 77K)

Broccoli salad. My sister makes an amazing broccoli salad, and sadly I don't know the recipe. Google just brings up a bunch of click baity versions that look a lot better than they actually taste.

Better to not cook it. Steaming broccoli only unlocks more of its flavor. raw broccoli tastes like milder kale. I ain't got no choice though since my dining hall boils it and raw broccoli isnt always available. Can't complain since I've been eating extremely healthy for free even as a college student

Microwave

>am capable of downing salted, boiled broccoli like it's water

HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAA YOU FUCKING MORTALS

Grilled
Set oven at 375. Cut broccoli and place on a baking sheet. Cover in olive oil. Season with sea salt, garlic powder and whatever other seasonings you like. Bake 15 min. Delicious.

Why is broccoli recommended so often over other greens and in general?

Hi, skinnyfag here. I'm trying to achieve a little more muscular body without gaining weight. I was wondering what I should focus on to achieve that. Help me Veeky Forums !

Attached: slimbutbuff.jpg (250x448, 20K)

Whats the beneficts of brocoli and why everyone say its so good? Also how many kcals?

i eat broccoli cuz its healthy so i try not to add too many calories to it, i steam it, and then cover it all crystal hot sauce. they key is to not taste the broccoli

why? why not bulk, gain strength and weight, then cut down back to the weight you want to be while keeping your new muscles?

just eat as much as you desu. broccoli isn't calorie-dense. If you eat a plateful of it im guessing it would only be ~200 calories and you're satiated as fuck already. Broccoli is good because high in fiber, is not calorie dense while being high in nutrients

You didn't join the real and active Official Fitness Server on Discord yet??
Advice on routine and posture advice, motivate each other, awesome stories, feels, food pics recipes and diet checks, fasting, etc. Self improvement, nofap and even relationship advice.
We also have some fun channels like memes or a channel dedicated to tinder thot patrolling.
For those who want more adventure, we have a contest: post a pic in begin of the month, and one at the end. Then users vote and the winner gets prize money!
We have lots of guys participating, but only one Female. So femanons dont leave her to be alone

We accept people from all fitness levels: fat, average or athletic. As long as you are encouraging and motivating you are most welcomeee!
discord.gg/WfgghsW

Attached: IMG-20150625-WA0031.jpg (720x1280, 146K)

Thanks im on a cut so i have to control intake

I don't want the muscles to be specially big, just to look less flat. I still have a little body fat and I'm wondering if I can reach my goal by doing cardio everyday and hitting gym 3~4 times a week. Would that be possible or should I really build muscle mass then go back to my original weight? Something like pic related is what I'm aiming for.

Attached: 2f007ac50f62df0271339de9b10c0f71.jpg (736x1106, 58K)

When you do accessory work should you choose the opposite motion of what you did that day(like leg curls after diddly or rows after bench), or something else entirely?

lift, faggot

Guess bf%: please?

Also if i put brocoli in hot water burn for 5-10 min it lost his propieties or better est raw?

Attached: IMG_20180312_094428.jpg (873x754, 139K)

Stir fry is best if you have the right ingredients
It's just a meat of your choice, broccoli, cauliflower, onions, bell peppers, carrots, string beans, etc. Just put oil in a pan, sautee garlic, ginger, and onions, put your meat in, season and add chili flakes if you want it spicy, add the veggies, then put a bit of low-sodium soy sauce (or worcestershire or oyster sauce) and/or hot sauce and spring onions for better taste. Eat it with a side of brown rice and quinoa.

>more muscular body without gaining weight

dafuq

Defining muscles more than getting them bigger. Hope I'm clear enough lmao

Beginner to fitness here. Male, 5’7 110lbs. Doing ss with gomad (3/4, fully gomad is more than I can handle). Currently I can only do the bar for all exercises excluding the deadlift which I add 2 5kg plates for. Squats I think I’m fine in terms of form but I just can’t do the bench and the overhead press. With the olympic bar, it’s just too much. My hand and arms shake especially with the overhead press. I can’t complete a set of 5. Once I get to the 3rd rep I can’t do anymore. Not even sure if I’m doing the exercise right for both. How can I make the press and bench press a bit More manageable?

Just lift and eat 1000 kcal a day, that will give you that result

Alright, thanks for the replies

Recommendations for flavors of my protein impact whey protein? Been using chocolate nut for a while now but want to try something new.

If you like chocolate nuts you'll love Big Lenny's Tranny Ass (would post image but scared of getting b&)

Vanilla is quite nice imo

>In the best shape of my life
>Getting omega 3 every day from both oily fish and nuts
>In the gym 5 to 6 days a week
>Cholesterol is higher than ever.

What the FUCK do I do?

Drink once a day whey protein 30 g is actually BAD for you or have any cons to your organs or body ? No memes please, im asking for real, and it is also contains 30g of proteins or is pure bullshit?

how long after meals can I work out?

no its not bad. whey is just protein from milk. as for the amount, look at the label. they say how much protein is in there. usually the majority is protein and the rest is things like sweeteners flavoring additives etc.

This

so why me medic i can have organs problems like liver or kidneys? sorry dont know the word in english

Said*

wash it and chop it up
put it in a microwavable bowl
add two tbsp of boiling water
cover and then microwave for 4 minutes
drain water
add 5 slices of cheese (i use low fat cheddar)
microwave uncovered for 2 minutes

How do you know when you should return to lifting after an injury?

Uh... How old are you?

I’m 20. Realised after making this post that it would’ve been a good idea to record myself and post it here. Will do that on Wednesday as that’s when I’m going to the gym next. Will probably make my own thread about it.

Cheese sauce. lol.

anyone

Fry it in butter with some garlic and breadcrumbs.

I fucking love broccoli and eat it plain all the time. I'll add a bit of salt on occasion or perhaps some sriracha if I'm in the mood for that. I'm thankful every day that I love the taste of broccoli though. Asparagus and green beans too. Fuck yeah.

i assume you mean your doctor. i don't know much but i know that that only happens with people with preexisting conditions. think it was proven that high protein doesn't really damage your kidney but just makes them work harder. you can read more here: issaonline.edu/blog/index.cfm/2016/how-much-is-too-much-protein-myths-busted

Former fatty/current skinnyfat here. Getting ready to start my first bulk. I'm 5'11, 145lbs. Any tips on how much I should be eating? I'm thinking around 2,700 calories on lifting/cardio days and maybe 2,300 on off days.

Okay, so for your OHP and bench your gym should probably have fixed barbells. Move to a lower weight until you can lift the Olympic barbell. Maybe 30 or 40lbs. If you don't have the fixed barbell, then use the dumbbell varients of ohp/bp.

For ohp, watch your lower back and make sure you're using your core muscles/valsalva. BP is pretty intuitive at lower weights, try to brace properly, but it's harder to understand with lower weight.

Read SS if you get a chance.

thanks, anyways i reach my protein limit daily, i was thinking i change one food to protein whey for the taste of pure chocolate and that would be very satisfiying, is that stupid or good idea?

Doesn't matter. Might be easier and cheaper to use whey.

Just start eating what you think makes sense and if you start putting on weight too quickly then cut back. No need to be autistic about it. Just make sure you're getting a lot of protein and lift a fuck ton and you'll be good to go. Just know when you've gained enough weight and be ready to go back into a cut again. Repeat the cycle until you have the body you want.

just do whatever. in the end whey protein is just another food rich in protein and low everything else. it doesn't matter as long as it fits your macro and you like it of course.

thats great and aslo it tastes really good of chocolate ! awesome i guess, cant believe that thing has 30g proteins and 0 hc 0 fat

thanks!

Yeah, I get what you're saying but I'm asking because I want to avoid putting on too much weight too quickly but I also don't want to eat too low and not make any fucking gains either. I feel like if I work out and do enough cardio I might burn enough calories that I would need to eat about 3,000 calories a day just to stay at a 100 - 200 calorie surplus. But then again that might be too high. Not trying to be autistic about it, I've just gotten really good about counting calories since losing weight and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

You're right though, I'll find out soon enough. Was just hoping some others might have some experience with this sort of thing.

what the FUCK do I do for chest guys? bench press isn't enough. do I add in a shitload of pull ups? do I risk my shoulders for flies?

calisthenics plus swimming and work on core and abs if you lack definition there, also ensure you eat clean (cut out excess sugar ad junk food).

Your pic doesn't look very muscular/strong there just low body fat.

That hot twink look works if you have good muscle insertions, low bf and a good face.

>leg curls
>diddly
>opposite

First I'd suggest understanding the basics of anatomy and the exercises you do

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg (702x800, 55K)

What are the differences of dumbbell compared to barbell squats and deadlifts besides weight limitation?

A buddy at the gym told me about MSM or collagen, is it meme material or they are actually good supplements ? I have been squatting 4days a week in the last 6 months and my joint are starting to get sore, nothing too painful but I'd like something to recover faster

I have a pull up bar at home. Is there any benefit to doing a set of pull/chin ups every time I pass under it or should I just wait until I'm actually in working out

What kind of routine do you have for abs? Fell for the "big three works abs enough" meme and have start doing them

Is there any "leg press plus x" combination that can effectively replace squats?

I'm 5"11, currently 57 kg. I eat around 1500 cal a day of mostly protein and fat, I'm trying to avoid carbs the most I can. I think it should be alright, but I'm still trying to find a replacer for fruit vitamins.

>5"11, currently 57 kg
You're on the verge of death

What's a good ppl routine

Fucking bulk, even if it's just a clean bulk at a slight caloric surplus. You're well underweight at the moment and that's pretty unhealthy. No need to lose any more weight and if you keep eating at a deficit you will never gain ANY muscle.

Can I abandon flat barbell bench press entirely?

I don't like doing it and don't want to put my shoulders in jeopardy. My chest routine consists of:
>Incline DB press(~30 degrees)
>Close Neutral-grip incline DB press
>low flyes/crossovers cable
>cable flyes
>pec deck
>ISO machine chest press
>land mine press
>push ups

Attached: Ihavenogf.png (770x778, 168K)

ignore the autismo formatting - but how does this routine look?

Attached: file.png (840x477, 65K)

You don't have to bench. But why are you doing some much other shit? 21+ sets a week for chest is not going to be productive in the long run

Built a full body routine 3xweek and would appreciate some helpful comments. Are all muscle gruops targeted in a sufficient manner (lifting for 1 year, cutting at the moment).

Used to do a split but results were shit. I kicked out most of the machines but I'm insecure when it comes to use barbell so I wanted to start with dumbbels until a certain stability is given. Gym has no safeties (yet). Also problem with back and unable to go down enough for squats atm because foot ankle not flexible enough.

day 1
seated legpress 4x8
front pull 4x8
incline db press 4x8
standing t-bar row/landmine row 4x8
decline db press 4x8
hamstring curl 4x8
lateral raises 4x8
triceps press w 1 dumbbell
standing calf raises 3x10
biceps curls 4x8
goodgirl/badgirl supersets 3x12
facepulls 3x10
bodyweight core work (fig8s, crunches, planks, ...)

day 2
dumbbell squats 3x10
neck pull 4x8
incline db press 4x8
standing t-bar row/landmine row 4x8
decline db press 4x8
hamstring curl 4x8
seated dumbbell press 4x8
triceps cable push downs (variations in grip and handle) 4x8
standing calf raises 4x8
hammer curls 4x8
goodgirl/badgirl supersets 3x12
facepulls 3x10
bodyweight core work

Starting PHUL this week. Is it any good?

Attached: No+can+lift_2d18ab_5046508.jpg (403x309, 11K)

Trying to lose my final 6killos to be able to see abs

1. How can i make self harm scars fade

2. Treat severe acne and clogged pores? my nose is naturally red oiily

3. Is it bad too get a cross neckllace im christian but i think its douchy

Been working out daily for 6+ months without issues with the occasional two a days.
Started my cut and the first two weeks were fine but this past week I've had two days that I just flatlined at the gym.

Total lethargy, extremely cold and felt nothing from my EC. Can't tell if this is CNS fatigue or I'm just hitting a wall due to this cut.

Did a 1pl8 OHP for the first time. Did 2 sets of 2 reps (Did 3/4 pl8 for 3 x 5 before hitting 1pl8 2x2)

Does this mean I have officially hit a 1pl8 OHP or do I need to get 5 reps?

does the order in PPL matter? can I move the rest day around if I'm having a busy day?

Is it normal that when I flex my outer delt/shoulder dwarfs my bicep by a good 2 inches? Flexed I'm measuring at 17 on my bicep, but my shoulder is still noticeably larger.

Strange fat distribution. But i guess 17-19%

Is brown rice something to eat often or to avoid if I'm cutting? How about instant oatmeal type foods? Finally, what good soda replacement drinks do you guys recommend? And before you say water, I love that stuff. Just looking for some more variety. Thanks!

Attached: 1517319867123.jpg (750x718, 191K)

Aye, steam it, then olive oil, lemon juice, and balsamic vinegar in

Ty

How much weight will you add every session?

About 2,5kg. My gym's lightest plates are 1,25kg so I have no other choice.

Bump

Do more research. Don't fall for the cholesterol myth.

What are some good meals to eat on a cut? Is Fisherman's Eggs considered cutting material?

Attached: phpThumb_generated_thumbnail.jpg (620x413, 58K)

Can anyone rec some good deadlift tutorials?

5'8 194. Barely any fat all around except the belly. I want it gone, I want to switch from carbs to fat, will it affect my lifts/energy? Doing SS right now, and I feel great putting more weight on the bar everytime I hit the gym.

It looks like shit, unless you are on gear. Way too much unnecessary volume. This is only feasible if you are a newb and pull babby-weight. Please just stick to the standard routines, until you hit at least 1/2/3/4 and know wtf you are doing.

Same here. Also, if you have access to barbells, then use them - at least for squats and deadlifts. If you're insecure about form, just start slowly with babby weight.
>goodgirl/badgirl supersets 3x12
wtf am I reading

Calculate TDEE, count calories and cut on a 500 kcal deficit. Whether you're doing keto or not doesn't really matter.
You probably have to lose at least 10 kilos of fat for a decent bf%.

my lower/mid back kinds hurts from sitting in a shit chair for like 10 hours a day
suggest me some stretches to do at home

Rippetoe
Buffdudes
That fat guy with the beard

Thanks for the honesty my dude - I think my hesitation with the starting programs is I wanna use as much in the gym as I can and do as much as I can. Does this feeling go away or?

Thanks you, I will try that.

So I noticed today because I got a new watch that it fits tighter on my non dominant wrist, are there any exercises I can do to balance that out? Even though it's only slight, it really bothers me. I'm guessing general forearm exercises.

If you feel like you have too much energy left after a workout, there's no reason to not do some accessories for fun. I've been lifting for 6 years now and still do it from time to time, just to spice things up. No reason to clutter your workout plan with them, though.

How bad is it if I just do

5x5 BP(on A heavy, on B light)
5x5 OHP (on B heavy, on A light)
5x5 Rows OR 1x5 DL
4x8 chinups OR 4x8 Pullups

as an A x B x A xx routine? Will this build chest/back?

I honestly do not care about squats because my legs are decent from biking/running.

>>goodgirl/badgirl supersets 3x12
>wtf am I reading
deficiency in leg muscles lead to "charlie chaplin"-legs - goodgirl/badgirl spares me physio. May sound and look gay, but works for me.

Yes, it will. It really wouldn't hurt to do squats at least once a week, though.

Not hating breh, just a weird way to call it, assuming you mean the hip adductor machines.

Was OHP'ing yesterday and i felt a sharp pain in the middle of my right trap.
Still hurts only when i move my neck forward and lean on it.
What should I do?

I can't run for shit. What sort of breathing pattern should I be aiming for for best endurance?